|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim say the "old cigar chomping Garden regulars" love to see?
(a) Fights break out in the stands.
(b) Bill Russell have a bad game.
(c) Players foul out of the game.
(d) Over time.
2. What do Jim and his team want to do after their victory at Riverdale?
(a) Get drunk, do reefer, and sniff glue.
(b) Start a fight with some Riverdale fans.
(c) Play a prank on Riverdale.
(d) Break into an ice cream shop.
3. Who does Jim say was gunned down at a ballroom near 163rd?
(a) Malcolm X.
(b) Wilt Chamberlain.
(c) James Bond.
(d) Abe Lincoln.
4. Who does Jim talk to about what he learns at the Communist Party meeting?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) His dad.
(c) His principal.
(d) His mom.
5. What animal does Jim say exemplifies presence?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Brother G. reported to be when he doesn't return to school?
2. Who gets beat in the winter of 1964 for cheating on a religion quiz?
3. When does Jim say his parents go to church?
4. Who helps Jim and Brian find codeine?
5. In the spring of 1964, who does Jim describe as a saint?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jim end up playing on a new team at the summer league championship game?
2. How does Jim react to seeing his friend Bobby Sachs's dead body?
3. How does Jim manage to hide his report card from his parents?
4. What does Jim tell the principal's secretary when he calls in sick?
5. Why does Jim run out of the theater during the movie?
6. Why is Chris's story about Willie's injury unlikely?
7. Why does Jim think the little girl he meets might drop out of her class?
8. Why does Jim say he and his friends are not really breaking into the park to steal basketballs?
9. Why does Jim feel he has to watch himself in the woods?
10. Why does Jim call local trains lousy transit?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)