|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the spring of 1964, where does Jim spend summer nights alone?
(a) In the woods.
(b) Under a bridge.
(c) At headquarters.
(d) On his roof.
2. Who stops Jim in the bushes at Central Park?
(a) Two horse-patrol cops.
(b) Mr. Doolittle.
(c) The school principal.
(d) A tourist asking for directions.
3. What does Jim do after History classes on his first day of school?
(a) He smokes in the locker room.
(b) He writes in his diary.
(c) He watches the football team work out.
(d) He leaves school.
4. Why does someone run for Brother Kenneth during Billy's seizure?
(a) He is the school nurse.
(b) He is related to Billy.
(c) He is used to handling them.
(d) He will say a prayer for him.
5. Willie goes to the beach to wash what out of his hair?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the school nurse solve most ailments, according to Jim?
2. Who does Jim say is a die-hard Marxist?
3. Where does Jim hide while Mr. Bluster looks for students cutting class?
4. Where does Jim have a summer job?
5. What do Jim and his friends have to buy at the all-night deli for their morning sandwiches?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jim's performance in the basketball game he plays in New Jersey.
2. Why does Jim stop writing in the winter of 1964?
3. Why does Jim say he and his friends are not really breaking into the park to steal basketballs?
4. Why is Jimmy Mancole behaving strangely, after he and Jim knock on every door and check every street corner looking for drugs?
5. Why does Jim feel uneasy walking through Harlem with his friends?
6. What does Jim say is the advantage of going to a private school?
7. What are does Jim say his dad does everyday when he comes home from work?
8. Describe Jim's experience in chapel service on his first day of school.
9. Why does Jim think Melody, his blind date, is strange?
10. What clues make Jim suspect the three gentlemen in the tavern are narcotics cops?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)