|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim punch Larry out in the school trophy room?
(a) Larry makes fun of his hair.
(b) Larry insists he was reading Time magazine first.
(c) Larry trips him.
(d) Larry dares him to do it.
2. Who does Jim see by surprise on the "most crowded corner in the Bronx"?
(a) Freddie C. from his old neighborhood.
(b) His parents.
(c) Two brothers from school.
(d) An ex-girlfriends.
3. Who finds Jim's nickel bag of marijuana?
(b) Brother G.
(c) Jim's mom.
(d) Jim's dad.
4. Who does Jim's team play in the first game of the season?
(a) St. Patrick's.
(b) St. Luke's.
(c) St. Mary's.
(d) St. Hilda's.
5. What does Jim do on the eve of Halloween that leads to a beating?
(a) He gets caught stealing.
(b) He pukes on the new rug.
(c) He breaks his curfew.
(d) He breaks windows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim say Melody looks like?
2. Where does Jim go with his friends Kevin, Dolan, Yogi, Muffy, and Nardo Poo?
3. Who gets upset when Jim answers questions in class with, "Yah," instead of, "Yes, sir?"
4. Who does Jim talk to about what he learns at the Communist Party meeting?
5. What specialty does Jim say crooks on the Lower East Side have in common?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jim think the Thanksgiving fast is a bad idea?
2. Why does Jim dread returning to a Catholic school?
3. What prank does Mancole play on a neighbor?
4. Why doesn't Jim like walking to gym class in Central Park?
5. What does Jim tell the principal's secretary when he calls in sick?
6. Why is Chris's story about Willie's injury unlikely?
7. What are does Jim say his dad does everyday when he comes home from work?
8. Why does Jim run out of the theater during the movie?
9. How does Jim's dad respond when he tells him how the government suppresses the proletariat?
10. Why isn't Jim going to tell anyone he was in a baby powder commercial?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)