|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Willie and Jim leave their pipe after their night of smoking and drinking?
(a) In an abandoned car.
(b) Under some rocks and leaves.
(c) They bury it in a hole.
(d) In Willie's attic.
2. What does Jim's gym class mainly do at Central Park?
(b) Play soccer.
(c) Play touch football.
3. What do Jim and Ronnie wear to Alexander's department store?
(a) Baggy old coats.
(b) Top hats.
(c) Baseball uniforms.
(d) School uniforms.
4. What does Jim call the annual Thanksgiving fast at school?
(a) A farce.
(b) A good idea.
(c) A big deal.
(d) An opportunity to bond with classmates.
5. What does Jim say his eyes feel like when sniffing cleaning fluid?
(a) Bowling balls.
(b) A cloud.
(d) A roaring fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Melody say about marijuana users?
2. What does Jim consume to make the trip to Long Island to see Fat Eddie bearable?
3. Where do Jim and his friends tell Danny's mom they got the basketballs they bring home?
4. Who does Jim see by surprise on the "most crowded corner in the Bronx"?
5. Why does Jim stay after school until 4:30 on the day of his friend's wake?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Jim like walking to gym class in Central Park?
2. Why do Jim and some of his teammates draw pills out of a hat before the game at Horace Mann?
3. Describe the plan Jim's friends execute to deter cops from driving on the paths at the park.
4. Why does Jim suspect his family receives the Catholic News?
5. Why does Jim feel uneasy walking through Harlem with his friends?
6. Why does Jim say the train toward 137th St. suddenly smells like a cattle car?
7. How does Jim feel at the end of the diary?
8. What clues make Jim suspect the three gentlemen in the tavern are narcotics cops?
9. Why does Jim feel Gums's family is being dramatic about him leaving for the Army?
10. Why is Jim embarrassed during the game against St. Hilda's?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)