|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jim say was gunned down at a ballroom near 163rd?
(a) Abe Lincoln.
(b) Malcolm X.
(c) James Bond.
(d) Wilt Chamberlain.
2. Who does Jim go to Staten Island with?
(b) His parents.
(c) Tony and Yogi.
(d) Chris and Willie.
3. Where do Jim and his friends tell Danny's mom they got the basketballs they bring home?
(a) At a thrift store.
(b) At a church bazaar.
(c) At a basketball game.
(d) At a yard sale.
4. What does Jim call the apartment of Brian and John Browning?
(b) The Place.
(c) The Browning.
5. What does Jim think a requirement seems to be for attending Communist Party meetings?
(a) Being against the war.
(b) Being ugly.
(c) Being young.
(d) Being smart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim go with his friends Kevin, Dolan, Yogi, Muffy, and Nardo Poo?
2. What do Jim and his team want to do after their victory at Riverdale?
3. Who does Jim talk to about what he learns at the Communist Party meeting?
4. Who do Willie and Jim look for on the beach in Long Beach?
5. How does Chris explain Willie's injury to the police officer who stops them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Ju-Ju think Jim can pass as his son?
2. Why does Jim believe Sloppy Eddie and Willie Appleears are able to steal milk and bread from the Grand Union?
3. In the winter of 1964, how does Jim try to prove he is not hooked onmarijuana?
4. How does Jim react to seeing his friend Bobby Sachs's dead body?
5. How do both teams win the summer league championship game?
6. Why doesn't Jim like walking to gym class in Central Park?
7. How does Jim end up playing on a new team at the summer league championship game?
8. Why does Jim predict a gang war soon?
9. How does Jim's dad respond when he tells him how the government suppresses the proletariat?
10. Compare Jim's basketball team to the team at Riverdale High.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)