|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Willie goes to the beach to wash what out of his hair?
2. How old is Jim, when the story begins?
3. How does Jim describe the guys in his new neighborhood?
4. Who does Jim's team play in the first game of the season?
(a) St. Hilda's.
(b) St. Patrick's.
(c) St. Luke's.
(d) St. Mary's.
5. Where does Brother G. punish the student in class for cheating?
(a) In the coat closet.
(b) In front of the class.
(c) In the principal's office.
(d) In the hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim bring on the train uptown to break his boredom?
2. What is Jim required to do at school once a month?
3. In the spring of 1964, where does Jim spend summer nights alone?
4. Why does Jim call Chris the "spiller"?
5. How old does Jim say his dead friend looks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the students at Jim's school support the poor and hungry blacks in the south?
2. Describe Jim's experience in chapel service on his first day of school.
3. Why does Jim suspect his family receives the Catholic News?
4. Why does Jim feel Gums's family is being dramatic about him leaving for the Army?
5. What are does Jim say his dad does everyday when he comes home from work?
6. Why does Jim say he and his friends are not really breaking into the park to steal basketballs?
7. Why does Jim feel uneasy walking through Harlem with his friends?
8. How do both teams win the summer league championship game?
9. How does Jim's body feel when he tries heroin for the first time?
10. How does Jim feel at the end of the diary?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)