|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the spring of 1964, where does Jim spend summer nights alone?
(a) In the woods.
(b) Under a bridge.
(c) On his roof.
(d) At headquarters.
2. Why does a chorus of people laugh at Jim on a previous train ride?
(a) He gets his shirt stuck in the door.
(b) He falls out of his seat.
(c) Someone tells him he looks like a girl.
(d) The seat breaks in half when he sits.
3. What does Jim say Melody looks like?
(a) A bad dream.
(b) A movie star.
(c) An antique doll.
(d) A model.
4. What does Jim consume to make the trip to Long Island to see Fat Eddie bearable?
(a) A bag of potato chips.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A pack of beer.
(d) Two bottles of cough syrup.
5. Why does Jim call Chris the "spiller"?
(a) Chris's last name rhymes with "spiller."
(b) Everyone else calls him that.
(c) Chris knocks things over when he is drunk.
(d) Chris pretends to be drunk but pours out most of the drinks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim's basketball team go for the play-off series?
2. Willie goes to the beach to wash what out of his hair?
3. Who applauds for Jim after he jumps into the Harlem River?
4. Why does Jim have trouble communicating to one of the police officers who stop him in the park?
5. What does Jim's gym class mainly do at Central Park?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jim think the little girl he meets might drop out of her class?
2. Why is Jimmy Mancole behaving strangely, after he and Jim knock on every door and check every street corner looking for drugs?
3. Why is Jim banned for the year from the dorm at NYU?
4. Describe the plan Jim's friends execute to deter cops from driving on the paths at the park.
5. Why does Jim call his abusive teacher "the fine Christian Brother"?
6. Why does Jim believe drug pushers always have a supply no matter how many busts are made?
7. Why does Jim think the Thanksgiving fast is a bad idea?
8. How do both teams win the summer league championship game?
9. Why does Jim call local trains lousy transit?
10. Why does Jim feel he has to watch himself in the woods?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)