|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jim to to attend a Communist Party meeting with Bunty?
(a) Bunty's house.
(b) Yankee Stadium.
(c) Webster Hall.
(d) The Boys' Club.
2. What does Rudy the foreman do after he chases Jim to the ramp at Yankee Stadium?
(a) Suggests they sit down and discuss what happened.
(b) Tells him he will be permanently on popcorn duty.
(c) Demands he appologize to the fans.
(d) Rips off his badge and orders him to get the ice cream.
3. What does Jim tell the cop is the reason he ran when they approached him in the park?
(a) He stole some basketballs.
(b) He broke into the Park.
(c) He was scared.
(d) His friends ran.
4. Who does Jim offer a joint to in the winter of 1964?
(a) Freddie C.
(b) Some older teens hanging out at the basketball court.
(c) His mom.
(d) A group of homeless men in an alley.
5. Where does Jim hide while Mr. Bluster looks for students cutting class?
(a) In a bathroom stall.
(b) In a storage closet.
(c) Behind a bush.
(d) In a locker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jim stay after school until 4:30 on the day of his friend's wake?
2. What does Jim ask his mom for that makes her angry?
3. Which friend does not manage to get a seat on the train?
4. In the fall of 1963, who is the neighbor taken away for mental health problems?
5. What animal does Jim say exemplifies presence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jim say he never liked Bobo from the old Boys' Club bunch?
2. Why does Jim believe Sloppy Eddie and Willie Appleears are able to steal milk and bread from the Grand Union?
3. What does Jim tell the principal's secretary when he calls in sick?
4. What event makes Jim wonder where his life is heading?
5. Why does Jim think Melody, his blind date, is strange?
6. What behavior puzzles Jim about his rich classmates?
7. Why doesn't Jim like walking to gym class in Central Park?
8. Why doesn't Jim get paid for the car he and his friends steal?
9. What clues make Jim suspect the three gentlemen in the tavern are narcotics cops?
10. Why does Jim dread returning to a Catholic school?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)