|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Willie and Jim leave their pipe after their night of smoking and drinking?
(a) In Willie's attic.
(b) In an abandoned car.
(c) Under some rocks and leaves.
(d) They bury it in a hole.
2. Why does Jim stay after school until 4:30 on the day of his friend's wake?
(a) He is waiting for a ride home.
(b) He joins the math club.
(c) He has to clean desks for cutting class.
(d) There is a meeting for the basketball team.
3. Who stops Jim in the bushes at Central Park?
(a) A tourist asking for directions.
(b) The school principal.
(c) Two horse-patrol cops.
(d) Mr. Doolittle.
4. Why does Jim call Chris the "spiller"?
(a) Chris's last name rhymes with "spiller."
(b) Chris knocks things over when he is drunk.
(c) Everyone else calls him that.
(d) Chris pretends to be drunk but pours out most of the drinks.
5. What do Jim and friends call the huge rock they jump off of in the Bronx?
(b) The huge rock.
(c) Big time.
(d) The cut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jim's motivation for getting along with his cousin's friends in Manhattan?
2. Who helps Jim and Brian find codeine?
3. What does Jim tell the cop is the reason he ran when they approached him in the park?
4. How old does Jim say his dead friend looks?
5. What is Jim required to do at school once a month?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jim believe drug pushers always have a supply no matter how many busts are made?
2. How do Jim and his friends end up with the keys to the American Legion?
3. Why does Jim feel he has to watch himself in the woods?
4. Why does a woman on the bus in Long Beach think Jim is "a commie"?
5. What does Jim tell the principal's secretary when he calls in sick?
6. Why does Jim dread returning to a Catholic school?
7. Compare Jim's basketball team to the team at Riverdale High.
8. Describe Jim's experience in chapel service on his first day of school.
9. What does Jim say is the worst part of his addiction?
10. Why doesn't Jim like walking to gym class in Central Park?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)