|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Melody say about marijuana users?
(a) There is a time and a place for what they do.
(b) They do strange things.
(c) They frighten her.
(d) They are a waste of time.
2. What does Jim think a requirement seems to be for attending Communist Party meetings?
(a) Being against the war.
(b) Being smart.
(c) Being ugly.
(d) Being young.
3. Jim says, "I just want to be _____ and live in the _____."
4. Why does Jim get three raps across the hand at school?
(a) For putting his elbows on the table at lunch.
(b) For throwing bricks.
(c) For getting a D for effort.
(d) For talking back to a teacher.
5. What does Rudy the foreman do after he chases Jim to the ramp at Yankee Stadium?
(a) Suggests they sit down and discuss what happened.
(b) Tells him he will be permanently on popcorn duty.
(c) Demands he appologize to the fans.
(d) Rips off his badge and orders him to get the ice cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim call the apartment of Brian and John Browning?
2. Who confronts Brother G. about his punishment in class?
3. Who does Jim go to Staten Island with?
4. What do Jim and his friends use to attack girls on the eve of Halloween?
5. Who helps Jim and Brian find codeine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jim stop writing in the winter of 1964?
2. According to Jim, how is the game "chickie" played?
3. Why does Jim dread returning to a Catholic school?
4. How do Jim and his friends end up with the keys to the American Legion?
5. Why does Jim call his abusive teacher "the fine Christian Brother"?
6. Why does Jim believe Sloppy Eddie and Willie Appleears are able to steal milk and bread from the Grand Union?
7. Why is Jim embarrassed during the game against St. Hilda's?
8. Why do Jim and some of his teammates draw pills out of a hat before the game at Horace Mann?
9. What event makes Jim wonder where his life is heading?
10. What does Jim say is the worst part of his addiction?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)