|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jim say is a die-hard Marxist?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His father.
(c) Bunty Garden.
(d) Steve Malone
2. In the spring of 1964, who does Jim describe as a saint?
(a) An old man named Bill.
(b) Father Kenny.
(c) His mom.
3. Why does Jim get three raps across the hand at school?
(a) For putting his elbows on the table at lunch.
(b) For getting a D for effort.
(c) For throwing bricks.
(d) For talking back to a teacher.
4. Where does Jim take his blind date, Melody?
(a) Back to his place.
(b) To a coffee shop.
(c) To the movies.
(d) To a basketball game.
5. Who does Fat Eddie introduce Jim to when he arrives at his house?
(a) His cat, Cheetah.
(b) His neighbor, Hal.
(c) Winkie and Blinkie.
(d) His parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets upset when Jim answers questions in class with, "Yah," instead of, "Yes, sir?"
2. Who does Jim eventually give a joint to in the winter of 1964?
3. Who does the Boys' Club have a memorial service for?
4. What does Jim's gym class mainly do at Central Park?
5. Where does Jim go after the game against Horace Mann?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are does Jim say his dad does everyday when he comes home from work?
2. Why does Jim suspect his family receives the Catholic News?
3. What clues make Jim suspect the three gentlemen in the tavern are narcotics cops?
4. Why does Jim say he never liked Bobo from the old Boys' Club bunch?
5. Why is Jimmy Mancole behaving strangely, after he and Jim knock on every door and check every street corner looking for drugs?
6. Describe Jim's experience in chapel service on his first day of school.
7. How does Jim end up playing on a new team at the summer league championship game?
8. Describe the plan Jim's friends execute to deter cops from driving on the paths at the park.
9. Why isn't Jim going to tell anyone he was in a baby powder commercial?
10. Why doesn't Jim get paid for the car he and his friends steal?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)