|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the fall of 1964, what old friend of Jim's dies?
(b) Bobby Sachs.
(c) Kevin Dolon.
2. Who does Fat Eddie introduce Jim to when he arrives at his house?
(a) Winkie and Blinkie.
(b) His neighbor, Hal.
(c) His parents.
(d) His cat, Cheetah.
3. What do Jim and his friends have to buy at the all-night deli for their morning sandwiches?
4. Who does Jim say was gunned down at a ballroom near 163rd?
(a) Malcolm X.
(b) Wilt Chamberlain.
(c) James Bond.
(d) Abe Lincoln.
5. What does Jim say the "old cigar chomping Garden regulars" love to see?
(a) Bill Russell have a bad game.
(b) Fights break out in the stands.
(c) Over time.
(d) Players foul out of the game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim do on the eve of Halloween that leads to a beating?
2. What does Jim bring on the train uptown to break his boredom?
3. What does Jim check the almanac for when he gets home from school?
4. What does Jim consume to make the trip to Long Island to see Fat Eddie bearable?
5. Who does Jim talk to about what he learns at the Communist Party meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jim feel uneasy walking through Harlem with his friends?
2. What event makes Jim wonder where his life is heading?
3. Why does Jim predict a gang war soon?
4. According to Jim, how is the game "chickie" played?
5. Why is Jim embarrassed during the game against St. Hilda's?
6. Describe the plan Jim's friends execute to deter cops from driving on the paths at the park.
7. How do the students at Jim's school support the poor and hungry blacks in the south?
8. Why does Jim say the train toward 137th St. suddenly smells like a cattle car?
9. What theory about paying for food do Jim and his friends share while stoned?
10. Why does a woman on the bus in Long Beach think Jim is "a commie"?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)