|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jim say was gunned down at a ballroom near 163rd?
(a) Wilt Chamberlain.
(b) James Bond.
(c) Abe Lincoln.
(d) Malcolm X.
2. Which friend does not manage to get a seat on the train?
3. What does Jim say Melody looks like?
(a) A bad dream.
(b) A movie star.
(c) A model.
(d) An antique doll.
4. What do Jim and Ronnie wear to Alexander's department store?
(a) Baggy old coats.
(b) School uniforms.
(c) Top hats.
(d) Baseball uniforms.
5. Who at school does Jim decide to steal from?
(a) The teachers.
(c) The wrestling team.
(d) Mr. principal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim bring on the train uptown to break his boredom?
2. In the fall of 1963, who is the neighbor taken away for mental health problems?
3. What does the newspaper call Jim and his friends?
4. Where does Jim to to attend a Communist Party meeting with Bunty?
5. Where do Willie and Jim leave their pipe after their night of smoking and drinking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Jim like walking to gym class in Central Park?
2. Why is Jim embarrassed during the game against St. Hilda's?
3. In the winter of 1964, how does Jim try to prove he is not hooked onmarijuana?
4. How do both teams win the summer league championship game?
5. Why does a woman on the bus in Long Beach think Jim is "a commie"?
6. Why does Jim suspect his family receives the Catholic News?
7. Why doesn't Jim get paid for the car he and his friends steal?
8. What theory about paying for food do Jim and his friends share while stoned?
9. Why is Jim banned for the year from the dorm at NYU?
10. Why doesn't Ju-Ju think Jim can pass as his son?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)