|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jim, when the story begins?
2. Why does someone run for Brother Kenneth during Billy's seizure?
(a) He will say a prayer for him.
(b) He is related to Billy.
(c) He is used to handling them.
(d) He is the school nurse.
3. Who confronts Brother G. about his punishment in class?
(a) Brother Kenneth.
4. Who does Jim say is a die-hard Marxist?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His father.
(c) Steve Malone
(d) Bunty Garden.
5. What does Jim say his eyes feel like when sniffing cleaning fluid?
(a) A cloud.
(b) Bowling balls.
(c) A roaring fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jim and his friends have to buy at the all-night deli for their morning sandwiches?
2. Why does Jim call Chris the "spiller"?
3. Why does Jim punch Larry out in the school trophy room?
4. When does Jim say his parents go to church?
5. Where does Brother G. punish the student in class for cheating?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jim's performance in the basketball game he plays in New Jersey.
2. Why does Jim run out of the theater during the movie?
3. How do the students at Jim's school support the poor and hungry blacks in the south?
4. What prank does Mancole play on a neighbor?
5. Why do Jim and some of his teammates draw pills out of a hat before the game at Horace Mann?
6. How are the passersby responding to Freddie C., who is exposing himself, in the Bronx?
7. Compare Jim's basketball team to the team at Riverdale High.
8. How does Jim manage to hide his report card from his parents?
9. What behavior puzzles Jim about his rich classmates?
10. Why does Jim feel he has to watch himself in the woods?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)