|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim call Chris the "spiller"?
(a) Chris knocks things over when he is drunk.
(b) Chris's last name rhymes with "spiller."
(c) Everyone else calls him that.
(d) Chris pretends to be drunk but pours out most of the drinks.
2. Who helps Jim and Brian find codeine?
(d) Johnny Murry.
3. Why does Jim get three raps across the hand at school?
(a) For talking back to a teacher.
(b) For throwing bricks.
(c) For putting his elbows on the table at lunch.
(d) For getting a D for effort.
4. How does Jim know Steve Malone?
(a) They are neighbors.
(b) Steve was his little league coach.
(c) Steve is a friend of the family.
(d) They play on the same basketball courts.
5. Where does Jim go with his friends Kevin, Dolan, Yogi, Muffy, and Nardo Poo?
(a) A Knicks game.
(b) A movie.
(c) Ice skating.
(d) A party.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the fall of 1964, what old friend of Jim's dies?
2. What does Jim do after History classes on his first day of school?
3. In the fall of 1963, who is the neighbor taken away for mental health problems?
4. Where does Jim's basketball team go for the play-off series?
5. What do Jim and friends call the huge rock they jump off of in the Bronx?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jim's performance in the basketball game he plays in New Jersey.
2. How does Jim end up playing on a new team at the summer league championship game?
3. Why does Pedro stay home from the basketball game?
4. Why is Jimmy Mancole behaving strangely, after he and Jim knock on every door and check every street corner looking for drugs?
5. Why does Jim predict a gang war soon?
6. Why is Chris's story about Willie's injury unlikely?
7. How are the passersby responding to Freddie C., who is exposing himself, in the Bronx?
8. What does Jim claim he and his friends have mastered?
9. How does Jim's body feel when he tries heroin for the first time?
10. Why does Jim think Melody, his blind date, is strange?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)