Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jim and his friends use to attack girls on the eve of Halloween?
(b) Baseball bats.
(d) Socks with flour.
2. When does Jim say his parents go to church?
(b) When they are invited to weddings.
(c) Every Sunday.
3. Who do Willie and Jim look for on the beach in Long Beach?
(a) Tom Miggrello.
(b) The Celia sisters.
(c) Benny Greenbaum.
(d) Tom McNulty.
4. What does Jim say Melody looks like?
(a) A model.
(b) A movie star.
(c) A bad dream.
(d) An antique doll.
5. What does Jim's gym class mainly do at Central Park?
(c) Play soccer.
(d) Play touch football.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who blows his cool in the locker room at half time in the game against Horace Mann?
2. What do Jim and friends call the huge rock they jump off of in the Bronx?
3. In the spring of 1964, who does Jim describe as a saint?
4. Who does Jim plan to get drunk with in his new neighborhood?
5. Why does someone run for Brother Kenneth during Billy's seizure?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the plan Jim's friends execute to deter cops from driving on the paths at the park.
2. Why does Jim say the train toward 137th St. suddenly smells like a cattle car?
3. According to Jim, how is the game "chickie" played?
4. Why is Jim banned for the year from the dorm at NYU?
5. Why does Jim think Melody, his blind date, is strange?
6. Why does Jim think the little girl he meets might drop out of her class?
7. Why isn't Jim going to tell anyone he was in a baby powder commercial?
8. Why does Jim feel uneasy walking through Harlem with his friends?
9. How does Jim's dad respond when he tells him how the government suppresses the proletariat?
10. What clues make Jim suspect the three gentlemen in the tavern are narcotics cops?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)