|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the fall of 1964, what old friend of Jim's dies?
(b) Kevin Dolon.
(d) Bobby Sachs.
2. What is Jim's motivation for getting along with his cousin's friends in Manhattan?
(a) His family is moving to their neighborhood, and he will finish the school year with them.
(b) He is trying to impress his cousin.
(c) His mom will give him money if he makes a new group of friends.
(d) He believes he can sell stolen goods to them.
3. Who does Jim see by surprise on the "most crowded corner in the Bronx"?
(a) An ex-girlfriends.
(b) His parents.
(c) Freddie C. from his old neighborhood.
(d) Two brothers from school.
4. What does Jim wear to gym class at the park to feel less self-conscious?
(a) A baseball cap.
(c) Blue jeans.
(d) A sweat shirt.
5. Who does the Boys' Club have a memorial service for?
(a) Bro. Wally Wade.
(b) Herbie Hemslie.
(c) Bro. Kenny.
(d) Teddy Rayhill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Brother G. reported to be when he doesn't return to school?
2. Who gets upset when Jim answers questions in class with, "Yah," instead of, "Yes, sir?"
3. What do Jim and his friends use to attack girls on the eve of Halloween?
4. Who does Jim offer a joint to in the winter of 1964?
5. What does the old lady on the bus tell Jim will happen in a month?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Jim, how is the game "chickie" played?
2. Why do Jim and some of his teammates draw pills out of a hat before the game at Horace Mann?
3. Why doesn't Ju-Ju think Jim can pass as his son?
4. What are does Jim say his dad does everyday when he comes home from work?
5. How do the students at Jim's school support the poor and hungry blacks in the south?
6. What clues make Jim suspect the three gentlemen in the tavern are narcotics cops?
7. How does Jim feel at the end of the diary?
8. How are the passersby responding to Freddie C., who is exposing himself, in the Bronx?
9. Why does Jim dread returning to a Catholic school?
10. Why does Jim feel uneasy walking through Harlem with his friends?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)