|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old lady on the bus tell Jim will happen in a month?
(a) He will die.
(b) He will fall in love.
(c) She will see her grandchildren.
(d) The war will end.
2. What does Jim call the annual Thanksgiving fast at school?
(a) An opportunity to bond with classmates.
(b) A good idea.
(c) A big deal.
(d) A farce.
3. What is Jim required to do at school once a month?
(a) Volunteer work.
(b) Give an oral report.
(c) Go to confession.
(d) Meet with the principal.
4. Who does Jim see by surprise on the "most crowded corner in the Bronx"?
(a) His parents.
(b) Two brothers from school.
(c) Freddie C. from his old neighborhood.
(d) An ex-girlfriends.
5. What do Jim and his friends have to buy at the all-night deli for their morning sandwiches?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets beat in the winter of 1964 for cheating on a religion quiz?
2. How does Chris explain Willie's injury to the police officer who stops them?
3. Why does a chorus of people laugh at Jim on a previous train ride?
4. Which friend does not manage to get a seat on the train?
5. In the fall of 1963, who is the neighbor taken away for mental health problems?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Ju-Ju think Jim can pass as his son?
2. What are does Jim say his dad does everyday when he comes home from work?
3. Why does Jim predict a gang war soon?
4. Describe Jim's experience in chapel service on his first day of school.
5. Why does Jim run out of the theater during the movie?
6. How do the students at Jim's school support the poor and hungry blacks in the south?
7. Compare Jim's basketball team to the team at Riverdale High.
8. What event makes Jim wonder where his life is heading?
9. Why does Jim dread returning to a Catholic school?
10. Why do Jim and some of his teammates draw pills out of a hat before the game at Horace Mann?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)