|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Jim and his friends laugh during the giant fire on Second Ave.?
(a) They are telling jokes about the basketball coach.
(b) The pizza man is on his knees begging the firefighters not to break his windows.
(c) There is a clown running down the street.
(d) Jim has just tripped.
2. Who do the cops tell Jim they are looking for in the park?
(a) Someone with a gun.
(b) A guy who molested a little girl.
(c) One of his classmates.
(d) A drug dealer.
3. Who stops Jim in the bushes at Central Park?
(a) Two horse-patrol cops.
(b) The school principal.
(c) A tourist asking for directions.
(d) Mr. Doolittle.
4. Who does Jim see by surprise on the "most crowded corner in the Bronx"?
(a) Freddie C. from his old neighborhood.
(b) His parents.
(c) Two brothers from school.
(d) An ex-girlfriends.
5. What does Jim wear to gym class at the park to feel less self-conscious?
(b) Blue jeans.
(c) A baseball cap.
(d) A sweat shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fat Eddie introduce Jim to when he arrives at his house?
2. In the spring of 1964, where does Jim spend summer nights alone?
3. What is Jim required to do at school once a month?
4. What does Jim ask his mom for that makes her angry?
5. When does Jim say his parents go to church?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jim suspect his family receives the Catholic News?
2. Why doesn't Jim get paid for the car he and his friends steal?
3. What does Jim claim he and his friends have mastered?
4. Why does Jim think the Thanksgiving fast is a bad idea?
5. Why does Jim predict a gang war soon?
6. How does Jim react to seeing his friend Bobby Sachs's dead body?
7. Why does Jim say the train toward 137th St. suddenly smells like a cattle car?
8. Why does Pedro stay home from the basketball game?
9. Why does Jim settle for methadone when he wants dope?
10. How do the students at Jim's school support the poor and hungry blacks in the south?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)