|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim call the apartment of Brian and John Browning?
(b) The Browning.
(c) The Place.
2. How old does Jim say his dead friend looks?
3. What do Jim and friends call the huge rock they jump off of in the Bronx?
(b) Big time.
(c) The huge rock.
(d) The cut.
4. Who helps Jim and Brian find codeine?
(a) Johnny Murry.
5. Where does Brother G. punish the student in class for cheating?
(a) In the hall.
(b) In front of the class.
(c) In the principal's office.
(d) In the coat closet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim hide while Mr. Bluster looks for students cutting class?
2. Where does Jim's basketball team go for the play-off series?
3. In the fall of 1963, who is the neighbor taken away for mental health problems?
4. What is Jim required to do at school once a month?
5. In the spring of 1964, who does Jim describe as a saint?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jim react to seeing his friend Bobby Sachs's dead body?
2. What clues make Jim suspect the three gentlemen in the tavern are narcotics cops?
3. What prank does Mancole play on a neighbor?
4. What behavior puzzles Jim about his rich classmates?
5. Why does Jim think Melody, his blind date, is strange?
6. Why doesn't Jim get paid for the car he and his friends steal?
7. Why does Jim call his abusive teacher "the fine Christian Brother"?
8. What are does Jim say his dad does everyday when he comes home from work?
9. Why does Lefty leave his players in the Bronx?
10. Why does Jim believe Sloppy Eddie and Willie Appleears are able to steal milk and bread from the Grand Union?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)