|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Willie and Jim leave their pipe after their night of smoking and drinking?
(a) In an abandoned car.
(b) They bury it in a hole.
(c) In Willie's attic.
(d) Under some rocks and leaves.
2. Who does Jim talk to about what he learns at the Communist Party meeting?
(a) His dad.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) His principal.
(d) His mom.
3. What does Jim tell the cop is the reason he ran when they approached him in the park?
(a) He stole some basketballs.
(b) He broke into the Park.
(c) His friends ran.
(d) He was scared.
4. What specialty does Jim say crooks on the Lower East Side have in common?
(a) Being sneaky.
(b) Breaking into cars.
(d) Snatching handbags off ladies.
5. What does Jim's gym class mainly do at Central Park?
(b) Play touch football.
(c) Play soccer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim wear to gym class at the park to feel less self-conscious?
2. In the spring of 1964, who does Jim describe as a saint?
3. How old does Jim say his dead friend looks?
4. Why does Jim call Chris the "spiller"?
5. Who do Willie and Jim look for on the beach in Long Beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Jim, how is the game "chickie" played?
2. Why doesn't Jim like walking to gym class in Central Park?
3. What event makes Jim wonder where his life is heading?
4. Why does Jim believe drug pushers always have a supply no matter how many busts are made?
5. Why is Jimmy Mancole behaving strangely, after he and Jim knock on every door and check every street corner looking for drugs?
6. How does Jim's dad respond when he tells him how the government suppresses the proletariat?
7. What are does Jim say his dad does everyday when he comes home from work?
8. Why does Jim feel he has to watch himself in the woods?
9. How does Jim manage to hide his report card from his parents?
10. Why does Jim believe Sloppy Eddie and Willie Appleears are able to steal milk and bread from the Grand Union?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)