|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim call the annual Thanksgiving fast at school?
(a) A good idea.
(b) An opportunity to bond with classmates.
(c) A big deal.
(d) A farce.
2. Who helps Jim and Brian find codeine?
(b) Johnny Murry.
3. Where is Brother G. reported to be when he doesn't return to school?
(a) Long Island.
(b) New Jersey.
4. Where do Jim and his friends tell Danny's mom they got the basketballs they bring home?
(a) At a basketball game.
(b) At a church bazaar.
(c) At a thrift store.
(d) At a yard sale.
5. Where does Jim's basketball team go for the play-off series?
(a) Long Beach.
(d) The lower east side.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jim get three raps across the hand at school?
2. In the fall of 1964, what old friend of Jim's dies?
3. Willie goes to the beach to wash what out of his hair?
4. What is Jim's motivation for getting along with his cousin's friends in Manhattan?
5. Who does Fat Eddie introduce Jim to when he arrives at his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the passersby responding to Freddie C., who is exposing himself, in the Bronx?
2. What theory about paying for food do Jim and his friends share while stoned?
3. How do both teams win the summer league championship game?
4. What event makes Jim wonder where his life is heading?
5. Why does Jim suspect his family receives the Catholic News?
6. What are does Jim say his dad does everyday when he comes home from work?
7. Why does Jim think the Thanksgiving fast is a bad idea?
8. Why is Jim embarrassed during the game against St. Hilda's?
9. Compare Jim's basketball team to the team at Riverdale High.
10. Why does Pedro stay home from the basketball game?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)