|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jim have a summer job?
(a) At school.
(b) At Central Park.
(c) At the Boys' Club.
(d) At Yankee Stadium.
2. Why does Jim call Chris the "spiller"?
(a) Chris's last name rhymes with "spiller."
(b) Chris pretends to be drunk but pours out most of the drinks.
(c) Chris knocks things over when he is drunk.
(d) Everyone else calls him that.
3. Why does Jim punch Larry out in the school trophy room?
(a) Larry trips him.
(b) Larry insists he was reading Time magazine first.
(c) Larry makes fun of his hair.
(d) Larry dares him to do it.
4. Who does Jim go to Staten Island with?
(b) Tony and Yogi.
(c) Chris and Willie.
(d) His parents.
5. What does Melody say about marijuana users?
(a) They frighten her.
(b) They do strange things.
(c) They are a waste of time.
(d) There is a time and a place for what they do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Willie goes to the beach to wash what out of his hair?
2. How old is Jim, when the story begins?
3. Who do Willie and Jim look for on the beach in Long Beach?
4. Who does Jim's team play in the first game of the season?
5. What does Jim say his eyes feel like when sniffing cleaning fluid?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jim run out of the theater during the movie?
2. What event makes Jim wonder where his life is heading?
3. Why is Jimmy Mancole behaving strangely, after he and Jim knock on every door and check every street corner looking for drugs?
4. Why doesn't Jim get paid for the car he and his friends steal?
5. Why does Jim think the little girl he meets might drop out of her class?
6. What clues make Jim suspect the three gentlemen in the tavern are narcotics cops?
7. Why does Jim think the Thanksgiving fast is a bad idea?
8. How does Jim's body feel when he tries heroin for the first time?
9. How do the students at Jim's school support the poor and hungry blacks in the south?
10. Why does Jim predict a gang war soon?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)