|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he nears his 15th birthday, why does Jim start feeling that he should quit drugs?
(a) School is starting soon.
(b) He can no longer afford a habit.
(c) He is hoping to get a basketball scholarship.
(d) He wants to please his parents.
2. What happens at the bar after Jim and his friends order screwdrivers?
(a) There is a bar fight.
(b) The lights go out.
(c) The boys play pool.
(d) The place is robbed.
3. What does Jim leave in the basement where he shoots up?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His belt.
(c) His keys.
(d) His math book.
4. What word does Mr. Bluster use in a letter to describe Jim?
5. What is Jim's new money-making scheme, in which he uses his lock slapping skills?
(a) Dealing drugs.
(b) Selling magazines.
(d) Stealing cars.
6. What does Bobby Blake give away on the street that draws a crowd?
(a) Business cards.
7. Where does Jim go to get treated for the clap?
(a) Tony's house.
(b) A doctor's office.
(c) The Board of Health.
(d) The emergency room.
8. Who goes with Jim to get food at the hamburger place on 207th St.?
9. What one thing does Jim experience with peyote he never experienced with acid?
(d) Cold sweats.
10. Which friend from the Professional Children's School meets Jim before gym class?
11. What do "some dopey private school chicks" try to pass off as grass to Jim and Jimmy Mancole?
(c) Saw dust.
(d) Dill weed.
12. What does Jim say the junkies shove in their mouths?
(b) Donuts and coffee.
(d) Broken glass.
13. What does Willie do to Jim's soda that offends him?
(a) Wipes the top before he drinks.
(b) Sniffs it.
(c) Puts alcohol in it.
(d) Drops it.
14. Who accompanies Jim to 89th to find a dealer?
(a) Bobby Blake.
(b) Anton Neutron.
(c) David Lang.
15. At the end of the diary, what does Jim say he just wants to be?
(b) A writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim think about more than Karl Marx?
2. What does Jim steal from the back of a truck in the summer of 1966?
3. What event triggers Jim's war paranoia?
4. Who offers Jim a ride as far as 181st after his train breaks down?
5. Who does Jim attend a going away party for at a bar?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)