|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joe Slapstick tell Jim he should run the offense?
(a) Because Porter is too dumb.
(b) Because he would make a good coach.
(c) Because Porter lost his voice.
(d) Because he is the team captain.
2. Who does Jimmy Dantone tell Jim is after them?
(a) Some guys they sold phony acid to.
(b) Parents of a kid they corrupted.
(c) The cops.
(d) Jimmy's grandmother.
3. At the end of the spring 1965, who approaches Jim in a Bronx neighborhood?
(a) A drug dealer.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A taxi driver.
(d) A little girl.
4. What does each person Jim meets at Blimpie's sandwich shop ask him?
(a) Who his favorite writer is.
(b) How old he is.
(c) What he does.
(d) What he is eating.
5. How does Jim disguise himself while robbing a man in the park?
(a) He puts his hair in a beret.
(b) He wears a bandana over his face.
(c) He wears make-up.
(d) He wears a ski mask.
6. At what point on Jim's trip to Rye, NY does he observe business men with "not a bit of class"?
(a) At a Westchester book store.
(b) On the train.
(c) At a Brooks Brthers store.
(d) When he goes into the bathroom at Grand Central Terminal.
7. What word does Mr. Bluster use in a letter to describe Jim?
8. Why does the coach tell Jim and Bax they cannot suit up for the game?
(a) They snuck out of the motel and did not return until midnight.
(b) They were caught drinking in the locker room.
(c) The game has been postponed.
(d) They pulled a prank on another team.
9. Why does Jim end up at Riker's Island Juvenile Reformatory?
(a) For a part-time job.
(b) For possessing drugs.
(c) To visit a friend.
(d) For a journalism assignment.
10. Where does Jim recover after he leaves the movie theater?
(a) A swimming pool.
(c) A park
(d) The penny arcade.
11. What does Willie do to Jim's soda that offends him?
(a) Sniffs it.
(b) Drops it.
(c) Wipes the top before he drinks.
(d) Puts alcohol in it.
12. What does Jim say just delays the little voice controlling his drug use?
(d) Taking downers.
13. Who does Jim get stuck with as a roommate during the National High School All-Star Basketball trip?
(a) Benny Greenbaum.
(b) Bobby Bellum.
(c) Bax Porter.
(d) Allen Ginsberg.
14. What activity does Jim say is helping him know he needs to write?
(b) Using drugs.
(d) Playing basketball.
15. What does Jim say is the newest thing on the "junk scene"?
(c) Wearing arm bands.
(d) Looking sickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Jim to 89th to find a dealer?
2. Who does Jim attend a game at Yankee Stadium with?
3. What do Jim and his friends see on the sidewalk on their way to breakfast at Ratner's?
4. What is Jim looking for when he opens a door to find a young German couple on the floor?
5. Why does Jim say his hair is long?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)