|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color does Jim describe as alone?
2. What does Jim forget about as he rolls in the dew in the country?
(a) His problems.
(b) His friends.
(c) His body.
3. Who does Jim attend a going away party for at a bar?
(a) Fat Eddie.
(c) Audie Murphy.
4. What does Jim do on the train to Rye to calm his paranoia?
(a) Pretend to read.
(b) Eat a sandwich.
(d) Write in his diary.
5. Who does Jimmy Dantone tell Jim is after them?
(a) Some guys they sold phony acid to.
(b) Parents of a kid they corrupted.
(c) The cops.
(d) Jimmy's grandmother.
6. Who offers Jim a ride as far as 181st after his train breaks down?
(a) An Irishman.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A news truck driver.
7. How does Bobby Blake get into Gussie's Soda Fountain?
(a) He throws an old refrigerator door in the glass door.
(b) He has a key.
(c) He climbs through a back window.
(d) He pays someone to let him in.
8. What does Jim say the junkies shove in their mouths?
(a) Broken glass.
(d) Donuts and coffee.
9. Why does Jim proclaim the end of an LSD era?
(a) His is going to rehab.
(b) He gets arrested.
(c) He has a bad trip.
(d) He ends up at Bellevue.
10. What age does Jim recall that keeps returning to him one day in the summer 1965?
(a) When he was three.
(b) When he was nine.
(c) When he was six.
(d) When he was twelve.
11. What does each person Jim meets at Blimpie's sandwich shop ask him?
(a) What he is eating.
(b) How old he is.
(c) What he does.
(d) Who his favorite writer is.
12. Who is the kleptomaniac, speed-freak Jim sees on the train to school?
(a) David Lang.
(d) Bobby Blake.
13. Why is there a party for Shlink at headquarters?
(a) He is going into the army.
(b) It is his birthday.
(c) He is going to be a father.
(d) He is moving away.
14. Who does Jim believe has ratted on him for taking drugs before basketball games?
(a) The team manager.
(b) The coach.
(c) His parents.
(d) His teammates.
15. Who beats Jim up at the Bucket of Blood?
(a) Willie Appleears.
(b) A man he sold acid to.
(c) His old lady lover.
(d) The bartender.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Deborah and Ned do that the cops find unusual?
2. What does Jim say has the same smell as dope cooking?
3. What does Bobby Blake give away on the street that draws a crowd?
4. At what point on Jim's trip to Rye, NY does he observe business men with "not a bit of class"?
5. What does Jim say is growing in this country?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)