|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim tell the police officer he is doing, when he is spotted in his school blazer during the day?
(a) Looking for a job.
(b) Social work project.
(c) Minding his own business.
(d) He was on a field trip but lost his class.
2. How does Bobby Blake get into Gussie's Soda Fountain?
(a) He climbs through a back window.
(b) He throws an old refrigerator door in the glass door.
(c) He pays someone to let him in.
(d) He has a key.
3. Why does Jim suspect the three men in trench coats are narcotics cops, not basketball scouts?
(a) They look too geeky.
(b) They have a police car outside.
(c) One of their badges falls on the floor.
(d) Basketball scouts seldom hang out at the tavern.
4. At the end of the diary, what does Jim say he just wants to be?
(c) A writer.
5. What does Willie do to Jim's soda that offends him?
(a) Wipes the top before he drinks.
(b) Drops it.
(c) Puts alcohol in it.
(d) Sniffs it.
6. What school rule do Jim and his friends frequently break after lunch?
(a) They smoke in the bathroom.
(b) They leave campus.
(c) They throw food at each other.
(d) They run in the halls.
7. Where does Jim accompany Brian's Navy friends?
(a) Radio City Music Hall.
(b) Yankee Stadium.
(c) The Statue of Liberty.
(d) Empire State Building.
8. What does Jim say has the same smell as dope cooking?
(b) Church incense.
(c) Old newspapers.
9. In the fall of 1965, what becomes a regular weekend activity for Jim and his friends?
(a) Getting ice cream.
(b) Taking LSD.
(c) Getting drunk.
(d) Playing cards.
10. What does Jim call himself, in reference to his feelings for older ladies?
(a) Mr. Innocent.
(d) Baby boy.
11. What does Jim steal from the back of a truck in the summer of 1966?
(b) Pocket combs.
12. Where does Jim go to play in the National High School All-Star Basketball game?
(d) Washington, D.C.
13. Where does Jim go when he decides to skip school at the start of spring 1965?
(a) Central Park.
(b) Yankee Stadium.
(c) Times Square.
14. Where does Jim recover after he leaves the movie theater?
(b) A swimming pool.
(c) The penny arcade.
(d) A park
15. When does Jim's dad get home from work each day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim say the junkies shove in their mouths?
2. Who accompanies Jim to 89th to find a dealer?
3. What place does Jim describe as the friendly neighborhood tavern?
4. What color does Jim describe as alone?
5. Who does Jim believe has ratted on him for taking drugs before basketball games?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)