|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event triggers Jim's war paranoia?
(a) An explosion.
(b) An argument.
(c) A news report.
(d) A blackout.
2. What does Jim say when asked if he thinks Christ was God?
(a) "Do you?"
(b) "I guess not."
3. What does Jim steal from the back of a truck in the summer of 1966?
(d) Pocket combs.
4. Who does Jim get stuck with as a roommate during the National High School All-Star Basketball trip?
(a) Bax Porter.
(b) Allen Ginsberg.
(c) Bobby Bellum.
(d) Benny Greenbaum.
5. Where does Frank Pinewater's mother take him in hopes of curing his drug habit?
(a) To the desert.
(b) High Mass.
(c) The Boys' Club.
(d) The emergency room.
6. Why does Jim no longer want to attend peace marches?
(a) He is too busy.
(b) They are boring.
(c) He supports the war now.
(d) They are too crowded.
7. Where does Jim recover after he leaves the movie theater?
(a) A park
(b) The penny arcade.
(d) A swimming pool.
8. As he nears his 15th birthday, why does Jim start feeling that he should quit drugs?
(a) School is starting soon.
(b) He is hoping to get a basketball scholarship.
(c) He wants to please his parents.
(d) He can no longer afford a habit.
9. Why does Jim proclaim the end of an LSD era?
(a) He ends up at Bellevue.
(b) His is going to rehab.
(c) He has a bad trip.
(d) He gets arrested.
10. What one thing does Jim experience with peyote he never experienced with acid?
(c) Cold sweats.
11. What does Jim suggest as an alternative to speeches at the marches?
(a) Having debates.
(b) Singing songs.
(d) Flinging bricks.
12. Why does Jim visit his girlfriend, Hedi, every Friday?
(a) Their favorite TV show comes on every Friday.
(b) Her family has parties on Fridays.
(c) Her parents are not home.
(d) She is in the hospital.
13. What is Jim's new money-making scheme, in which he uses his lock slapping skills?
(b) Dealing drugs.
(c) Stealing cars.
(d) Selling magazines.
14. Who is the kleptomaniac, speed-freak Jim sees on the train to school?
(c) Bobby Blake.
(d) David Lang.
15. Why does the coach tell Jim and Bax they cannot suit up for the game?
(a) They were caught drinking in the locker room.
(b) The game has been postponed.
(c) They pulled a prank on another team.
(d) They snuck out of the motel and did not return until midnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jim and his friends see on the sidewalk on their way to breakfast at Ratner's?
2. What is Ju-Ju Johnson's forte, according to Jim?
3. What happens at the bar after Jim and his friends order screwdrivers?
4. Who beats Jim up at the Bucket of Blood?
5. What does Bobby Blake give away on the street that draws a crowd?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)