|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jim see directing traffic at a six-way intersection?
(b) Fat Henry.
2. Who does Jim attend a going away party for at a bar?
(a) Fat Eddie.
(b) Audie Murphy.
3. Where do Jim and his friends see Bobby Blake on their way to headquarters?
(a) Riding by on a bike.
(b) Jack's Clothing Shop.
(c) At a bus stop.
(d) Gussie's Soda Fountain.
4. Where does Jim go to get treated for the clap?
(a) A doctor's office.
(b) The emergency room.
(c) The Board of Health.
(d) Tony's house.
5. Where does Jim accompany Brian's Navy friends?
(a) The Statue of Liberty.
(b) Yankee Stadium.
(c) Radio City Music Hall.
(d) Empire State Building.
6. Why do the police show up at Shlink's party?
(a) They are looking for a missing girl.
(b) They make a drug bust.
(c) There is a noise complaint.
(d) They are invited.
7. What do "some dopey private school chicks" try to pass off as grass to Jim and Jimmy Mancole?
(b) Dill weed.
(d) Saw dust.
8. Who does Jim hang out with in Horn & Hardart's?
(a) The police.
(b) The junkies.
(c) A drag queen.
(d) A waitress.
9. Why does Jim suspect the three men in trench coats are narcotics cops, not basketball scouts?
(a) They look too geeky.
(b) They have a police car outside.
(c) One of their badges falls on the floor.
(d) Basketball scouts seldom hang out at the tavern.
10. What activity does Jim say is helping him know he needs to write?
(b) Using drugs.
(c) Playing basketball.
11. What place does Jim describe as the friendly neighborhood tavern?
(a) The Longshoreman.
(b) The Bucket of Blood.
(c) The Bottle of Sunshine.
(d) Baby Joey's Bar.
12. What is Jim looking for when he opens a door to find a young German couple on the floor?
(a) A bathroom.
(b) His friends.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) The roof.
13. When does Jim's dad get home from work each day?
14. Why does Jim say his hair is long?
(a) He likes it that way.
(b) He cannot afford to get it cut.
(c) It gives him strength on the basketball court.
(d) He is protesting the war.
15. At what point on Jim's trip to Rye, NY does he observe business men with "not a bit of class"?
(a) At a Westchester book store.
(b) When he goes into the bathroom at Grand Central Terminal.
(c) At a Brooks Brthers store.
(d) On the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jim walk up sixteen flights of stairs to Benny's apartment?
2. Why does Joe Slapstick tell Jim he should run the offense?
3. At the end of the diary, what does Jim say he just wants to be?
4. Which friend from the Professional Children's School meets Jim before gym class?
5. What word does Mr. Bluster use in a letter to describe Jim?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)