|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jim and Mancole realize the man in Chinatown is selling?
2. Who does Jim attend a going away party for at a bar?
(b) Fat Eddie.
(c) Audie Murphy.
3. Who does Jim attend a game at Yankee Stadium with?
(a) His brother.
(b) His dad.
(c) An executive named Dave.
(d) A waitress named Susan.
4. Why doesn't Jim's summer league team use Lewie Alcindor?
(a) Lewie decides to go to a karate tournament.
(b) Lewie is too tall.
(c) Lewie shows up to the game without a uniform.
(d) Lewie is a varsity player.
5. Why do the police show up at Shlink's party?
(a) They are invited.
(b) They are looking for a missing girl.
(c) There is a noise complaint.
(d) They make a drug bust.
6. Where does Jim go when he decides to skip school at the start of spring 1965?
(a) Yankee Stadium.
(b) Times Square.
(c) Central Park.
7. Where does Frank Pinewater's mother take him in hopes of curing his drug habit?
(a) To the desert.
(b) The Boys' Club.
(c) High Mass.
(d) The emergency room.
8. Who does Jim believe has ratted on him for taking drugs before basketball games?
(a) His parents.
(b) The team manager.
(c) His teammates.
(d) The coach.
9. Who catches Bobby Blake on a stool at Gussie's Soda Fountain?
(c) Bobby's girlfriend.
(d) Two cops.
10. What does Jim say is the newest thing on the "junk scene"?
(b) Looking sickly.
(c) Wearing arm bands.
11. How does Jim disguise himself while robbing a man in the park?
(a) He wears a ski mask.
(b) He wears a bandana over his face.
(c) He puts his hair in a beret.
(d) He wears make-up.
12. What does Bobby Blake give away on the street that draws a crowd?
(b) Business cards.
13. At what point on Jim's trip to Rye, NY does he observe business men with "not a bit of class"?
(a) When he goes into the bathroom at Grand Central Terminal.
(b) At a Westchester book store.
(c) At a Brooks Brthers store.
(d) On the train.
14. Who is the kleptomaniac, speed-freak Jim sees on the train to school?
(a) David Lang.
(b) Bobby Blake.
15. Where does Jim recover after he leaves the movie theater?
(a) The penny arcade.
(c) A swimming pool.
(d) A park
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim observe in the country to decide if they are friendly or evil?
2. How much time did Jim spend at Riker's Island?
3. Why is there a party for Shlink at headquarters?
4. What word does Mr. Bluster use in a letter to describe Jim?
5. What does the Frank O'Hara poem "Music" remind Jim of?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)