|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim threaten to do if the person he robs yells for the cops?
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Slit his throat.
(d) Punch him in the gut.
2. How does Bobby Blake get into Gussie's Soda Fountain?
(a) He has a key.
(b) He climbs through a back window.
(c) He throws an old refrigerator door in the glass door.
(d) He pays someone to let him in.
3. What does Bobby Blake decide to eat at Gussie's Soda Fountain?
(a) A pickle.
(b) Grilled cheese sandwich.
(c) Hot dog.
(d) Pizza slice.
4. What does Jim do on the train to Rye to calm his paranoia?
(b) Write in his diary.
(c) Eat a sandwich.
(d) Pretend to read.
5. What does Jim say is growing in this country?
(b) A peace movement.
6. Who is the kleptomaniac, speed-freak Jim sees on the train to school?
(c) David Lang.
(d) Bobby Blake.
7. What does Jim forget about as he rolls in the dew in the country?
(b) His body.
(c) His friends.
(d) His problems.
8. What does everyone at headquarters chip in to buy after Willie Bender's death?
(a) A wreath.
(c) A pizza.
(d) A bottle of whiskey.
9. At the end of the diary, what does Jim say he just wants to be?
(b) A writer.
10. What does Jim say is the newest thing on the "junk scene"?
(b) Wearing arm bands.
(c) Looking sickly.
11. In the fall of 1965, what becomes a regular weekend activity for Jim and his friends?
(a) Getting drunk.
(b) Taking LSD.
(c) Getting ice cream.
(d) Playing cards.
12. What does Jim say will go up in smoke every time a page in his future book gets turned?
(b) Police stations.
(c) English classes.
(d) The Pentagon.
13. What happens at the bar after Jim and his friends order screwdrivers?
(a) The lights go out.
(b) There is a bar fight.
(c) The place is robbed.
(d) The boys play pool.
14. What place does Jim describe as the friendly neighborhood tavern?
(a) Baby Joey's Bar.
(b) The Longshoreman.
(c) The Bucket of Blood.
(d) The Bottle of Sunshine.
15. What do "some dopey private school chicks" try to pass off as grass to Jim and Jimmy Mancole?
(b) Dill weed.
(c) Saw dust.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim call himself, in reference to his feelings for older ladies?
2. Why does Jim visit his girlfriend, Hedi, every Friday?
3. Who does Jim attend a going away party for at a bar?
4. What age does Jim recall that keeps returning to him one day in the summer 1965?
5. Where does Jim recover after he leaves the movie theater?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)