|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jim see directing traffic at a six-way intersection?
(a) Fat Henry.
2. As he nears his 15th birthday, why does Jim start feeling that he should quit drugs?
(a) School is starting soon.
(b) He can no longer afford a habit.
(c) He is hoping to get a basketball scholarship.
(d) He wants to please his parents.
3. What does Jim describe climbing on the walls at Headquarters?
4. Why does Joe Slapstick tell Jim he should run the offense?
(a) Because Porter is too dumb.
(b) Because he is the team captain.
(c) Because he would make a good coach.
(d) Because Porter lost his voice.
5. What age does Jim recall that keeps returning to him one day in the summer 1965?
(a) When he was six.
(b) When he was twelve.
(c) When he was nine.
(d) When he was three.
6. Why do the police show up at Shlink's party?
(a) They are invited.
(b) They make a drug bust.
(c) They are looking for a missing girl.
(d) There is a noise complaint.
7. What do Jim and Mancole realize the man in Chinatown is selling?
8. What does Bobby Blake give away on the street that draws a crowd?
(d) Business cards.
9. Who does Jim hang out with in Horn & Hardart's?
(a) A waitress.
(b) A drag queen.
(c) The police.
(d) The junkies.
10. Who does Jim attend a game at Yankee Stadium with?
(a) His dad.
(b) A waitress named Susan.
(c) An executive named Dave.
(d) His brother.
11. Who does Jim attend a going away party for at a bar?
(b) Fat Eddie.
(c) Audie Murphy.
12. What is Jim interested in asking his mother when he is released from Riker's Island Juvenile Reformatory?
(a) Who his godparents are.
(b) If she is proud of him.
(c) If she is happy.
(d) For some money.
13. What color does Jim describe as alone?
14. What does Jim tell the police officer he is doing, when he is spotted in his school blazer during the day?
(a) Looking for a job.
(b) Minding his own business.
(c) He was on a field trip but lost his class.
(d) Social work project.
15. Where does Jim recover after he leaves the movie theater?
(b) A park
(c) The penny arcade.
(d) A swimming pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jim believe has ratted on him for taking drugs before basketball games?
2. Who goes with Jim to get food at the hamburger place on 207th St.?
3. What does Jim call himself, in reference to his feelings for older ladies?
4. Which friend from the Professional Children's School meets Jim before gym class?
5. Why does Jim end up at Riker's Island Juvenile Reformatory?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)