|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobby Blake decide to eat at Gussie's Soda Fountain?
(a) A pickle.
(b) Pizza slice.
(c) Hot dog.
(d) Grilled cheese sandwich.
2. What does Jim observe in the country to decide if they are friendly or evil?
3. What does Jim say just delays the little voice controlling his drug use?
(d) Taking downers.
4. What do Deborah and Ned do that the cops find unusual?
(a) They keep fainting on each other.
(b) They pull each other's hair.
(c) They keep laughing.
(d) They finish each other's sentences.
5. Why does Jim no longer want to attend peace marches?
(a) He is too busy.
(b) They are too crowded.
(c) He supports the war now.
(d) They are boring.
6. Where do Jim and his friends see Bobby Blake on their way to headquarters?
(a) Gussie's Soda Fountain.
(b) Jack's Clothing Shop.
(c) Riding by on a bike.
(d) At a bus stop.
7. How does the daily drug use make Jim's eyes feel?
(b) Heavy and wet.
(c) Like glue.
(d) Wide open.
8. What does Jim call himself, in reference to his feelings for older ladies?
(a) Baby boy.
(d) Mr. Innocent.
9. Where does Jim go to get treated for the clap?
(a) The Board of Health.
(b) The emergency room.
(c) A doctor's office.
(d) Tony's house.
10. What age does Jim recall that keeps returning to him one day in the summer 1965?
(a) When he was twelve.
(b) When he was nine.
(c) When he was three.
(d) When he was six.
11. What does Jim say the junkies shove in their mouths?
(b) Broken glass.
(d) Donuts and coffee.
12. What does Jim leave in the basement where he shoots up?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His keys.
(c) His math book.
(d) His belt.
13. What does Jim threaten to do if the person he robs yells for the cops?
(b) Slit his throat.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Punch him in the gut.
14. What does Jim forget about as he rolls in the dew in the country?
(b) His friends.
(c) His body.
(d) His problems.
15. At the end of the spring 1965, who approaches Jim in a Bronx neighborhood?
(a) A taxi driver.
(b) A drug dealer.
(c) A little girl.
(d) A police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Jim's dad get home from work each day?
2. Who goes with Jim to get food at the hamburger place on 207th St.?
3. How much does Jim's medical treatment cost?
4. Who does Jim believe has ratted on him for taking drugs before basketball games?
5. Who beats Jim up at the Bucket of Blood?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)