|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is there a party for Shlink at headquarters?
(a) He is moving away.
(b) It is his birthday.
(c) He is going into the army.
(d) He is going to be a father.
2. What does Willie do to Jim's soda that offends him?
(a) Sniffs it.
(b) Puts alcohol in it.
(c) Wipes the top before he drinks.
(d) Drops it.
3. Why does Jim visit his girlfriend, Hedi, every Friday?
(a) She is in the hospital.
(b) Her parents are not home.
(c) Her family has parties on Fridays.
(d) Their favorite TV show comes on every Friday.
4. What does the Frank O'Hara poem "Music" remind Jim of?
(a) Peace marches.
(c) His friends.
(d) The Plaza Hotel.
5. Where does Jim go when he decides to skip school at the start of spring 1965?
(a) Yankee Stadium.
(b) Times Square.
(d) Central Park.
6. What does Jim say is growing in this country?
(b) A peace movement.
7. What do Jim and Mancole realize the man in Chinatown is selling?
8. What is Jim looking for when he opens a door to find a young German couple on the floor?
(a) His friends.
(b) The roof.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) A bathroom.
9. What does Jim describe climbing on the walls at Headquarters?
10. What do Deborah and Ned do that the cops find unusual?
(a) They pull each other's hair.
(b) They keep laughing.
(c) They finish each other's sentences.
(d) They keep fainting on each other.
11. What is Jim interested in asking his mother when he is released from Riker's Island Juvenile Reformatory?
(a) If she is happy.
(b) Who his godparents are.
(c) If she is proud of him.
(d) For some money.
12. Why doesn't Jim's summer league team use Lewie Alcindor?
(a) Lewie shows up to the game without a uniform.
(b) Lewie is a varsity player.
(c) Lewie decides to go to a karate tournament.
(d) Lewie is too tall.
13. When does Jim's dad get home from work each day?
14. At what point on Jim's trip to Rye, NY does he observe business men with "not a bit of class"?
(a) On the train.
(b) When he goes into the bathroom at Grand Central Terminal.
(c) At a Westchester book store.
(d) At a Brooks Brthers store.
15. Who does Jim hang out with in Horn & Hardart's?
(a) The junkies.
(b) The police.
(c) A waitress.
(d) A drag queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim say the junkies shove in their mouths?
2. What does Jim say when asked if he thinks Christ was God?
3. How much does Jim's medical treatment cost?
4. What does Jim forget about as he rolls in the dew in the country?
5. What does Jim suggest as an alternative to speeches at the marches?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)