|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is there a party for Shlink at headquarters?
(a) It is his birthday.
(b) He is going into the army.
(c) He is going to be a father.
(d) He is moving away.
2. How much does Jim's medical treatment cost?
3. What is Jim looking for when he opens a door to find a young German couple on the floor?
(a) A bathroom.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) His friends.
(d) The roof.
4. Where does Frank Pinewater's mother take him in hopes of curing his drug habit?
(a) The Boys' Club.
(b) To the desert.
(c) High Mass.
(d) The emergency room.
5. What does Jim steal from the back of a truck in the summer of 1966?
(b) Pocket combs.
6. What one thing does Jim experience with peyote he never experienced with acid?
(d) Cold sweats.
7. How does Jim disguise himself while robbing a man in the park?
(a) He puts his hair in a beret.
(b) He wears a bandana over his face.
(c) He wears a ski mask.
(d) He wears make-up.
8. Why does Jim walk up sixteen flights of stairs to Benny's apartment?
(a) The elevator is broken.
(b) He is trying to get in shape.
(c) He is afraid of elevators.
(d) Benny bet him he could not do it.
9. What age does Jim recall that keeps returning to him one day in the summer 1965?
(a) When he was three.
(b) When he was six.
(c) When he was twelve.
(d) When he was nine.
10. What is Jim's new money-making scheme, in which he uses his lock slapping skills?
(a) Dealing drugs.
(b) Selling magazines.
(c) Stealing cars.
11. What does the Frank O'Hara poem "Music" remind Jim of?
(b) The Plaza Hotel.
(c) His friends.
(d) Peace marches.
12. What does Jim do on the train to Rye to calm his paranoia?
(b) Write in his diary.
(c) Eat a sandwich.
(d) Pretend to read.
13. Where does Jim go when he decides to skip school at the start of spring 1965?
(b) Central Park.
(c) Times Square.
(d) Yankee Stadium.
14. Why doesn't Jim's summer league team use Lewie Alcindor?
(a) Lewie is a varsity player.
(b) Lewie is too tall.
(c) Lewie shows up to the game without a uniform.
(d) Lewie decides to go to a karate tournament.
15. Who does Jim hang out with in Horn & Hardart's?
(a) The police.
(b) A waitress.
(c) The junkies.
(d) A drag queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim say is the newest thing on the "junk scene"?
2. Where does Jim recover after he leaves the movie theater?
3. At what point on Jim's trip to Rye, NY does he observe business men with "not a bit of class"?
4. Why does Jim proclaim the end of an LSD era?
5. Why do Jim's moves stick out in the championship game?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)