|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim no longer want to attend peace marches?
(a) They are too crowded.
(b) He supports the war now.
(c) They are boring.
(d) He is too busy.
2. What is Jim interested in asking his mother when he is released from Riker's Island Juvenile Reformatory?
(a) If she is happy.
(b) For some money.
(c) If she is proud of him.
(d) Who his godparents are.
3. What does Bobby Blake decide to eat at Gussie's Soda Fountain?
(a) A pickle.
(b) Pizza slice.
(c) Grilled cheese sandwich.
(d) Hot dog.
4. When does Jim's dad get home from work each day?
5. What does Jim threaten to do if the person he robs yells for the cops?
(b) Slit his throat.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Punch him in the gut.
6. Who does Jim hang out with in Horn & Hardart's?
(a) A waitress.
(b) The police.
(c) A drag queen.
(d) The junkies.
7. Why does Jim suspect the three men in trench coats are narcotics cops, not basketball scouts?
(a) They have a police car outside.
(b) Basketball scouts seldom hang out at the tavern.
(c) One of their badges falls on the floor.
(d) They look too geeky.
8. What event triggers Jim's war paranoia?
(a) An explosion.
(b) An argument.
(c) A news report.
(d) A blackout.
9. What does everyone at headquarters chip in to buy after Willie Bender's death?
(a) A wreath.
(c) A bottle of whiskey.
(d) A pizza.
10. Where does Jim accompany Brian's Navy friends?
(a) Yankee Stadium.
(b) The Statue of Liberty.
(c) Empire State Building.
(d) Radio City Music Hall.
11. What does the Frank O'Hara poem "Music" remind Jim of?
(a) His friends.
(c) Peace marches.
(d) The Plaza Hotel.
12. What does Jim describe climbing on the walls at Headquarters?
13. In the fall of 1965, what becomes a regular weekend activity for Jim and his friends?
(a) Playing cards.
(b) Taking LSD.
(c) Getting ice cream.
(d) Getting drunk.
14. Where does Jim go to get treated for the clap?
(a) A doctor's office.
(b) The Board of Health.
(c) Tony's house.
(d) The emergency room.
15. Who does Jim believe has ratted on him for taking drugs before basketball games?
(a) The team manager.
(b) His parents.
(c) The coach.
(d) His teammates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim say will go up in smoke every time a page in his future book gets turned?
2. What is Ju-Ju Johnson's forte, according to Jim?
3. What team does Benny Greenbaum invite Jim to join?
4. What color does Jim describe as alone?
5. Why is there a party for Shlink at headquarters?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)