|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim say is growing in this country?
(c) A peace movement.
2. How much time did Jim spend at Riker's Island?
(a) A month.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three months.
(d) A year.
3. Who does Jim attend a game at Yankee Stadium with?
(a) His brother.
(b) An executive named Dave.
(c) A waitress named Susan.
(d) His dad.
4. Where do Jim and his friends see Bobby Blake on their way to headquarters?
(a) Gussie's Soda Fountain.
(b) Jack's Clothing Shop.
(c) At a bus stop.
(d) Riding by on a bike.
5. Why does Jim visit his girlfriend, Hedi, every Friday?
(a) She is in the hospital.
(b) Her parents are not home.
(c) Her family has parties on Fridays.
(d) Their favorite TV show comes on every Friday.
6. Who beats Jim up at the Bucket of Blood?
(a) Willie Appleears.
(b) A man he sold acid to.
(c) His old lady lover.
(d) The bartender.
7. How long has Jim been holed up at Headquarters at the end of Summer 66?
(a) A few hours.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) Four days.
8. Why does Jim end up at Riker's Island Juvenile Reformatory?
(a) For a journalism assignment.
(b) To visit a friend.
(c) For possessing drugs.
(d) For a part-time job.
9. How does Jim disguise himself while robbing a man in the park?
(a) He wears a ski mask.
(b) He wears make-up.
(c) He wears a bandana over his face.
(d) He puts his hair in a beret.
10. What does Jim say the junkies shove in their mouths?
(a) Broken glass.
(c) Donuts and coffee.
11. What does Jim steal from the back of a truck in the summer of 1966?
(d) Pocket combs.
12. What do Jim and Mancole realize the man in Chinatown is selling?
13. Who goes with Jim to get food at the hamburger place on 207th St.?
14. What does Bobby Blake give away on the street that draws a crowd?
(c) Business cards.
15. What does each person Jim meets at Blimpie's sandwich shop ask him?
(a) What he is eating.
(b) How old he is.
(c) Who his favorite writer is.
(d) What he does.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the kleptomaniac, speed-freak Jim sees on the train to school?
2. What age does Jim recall that keeps returning to him one day in the summer 1965?
3. What place does Jim describe as the friendly neighborhood tavern?
4. What does the Frank O'Hara poem "Music" remind Jim of?
5. What does Jim describe climbing on the walls at Headquarters?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)