|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What team does Benny Greenbaum invite Jim to join?
(a) The Shooters.
(b) The Knicks.
(c) The Flyers.
(d) The Diaper Bandits.
2. What does Jim steal from the back of a truck in the summer of 1966?
(d) Pocket combs.
3. Which friend from the Professional Children's School meets Jim before gym class?
4. What do Jim and Al Dolan steal from the American Legion Post on 207th St.?
(a) Raffle books.
(b) Folding chairs.
(c) Office supplies.
5. Why is there a party for Shlink at headquarters?
(a) He is going to be a father.
(b) He is moving away.
(c) It is his birthday.
(d) He is going into the army.
6. What does Jim think about more than Karl Marx?
(b) A fire truck.
7. What does Jim say just delays the little voice controlling his drug use?
(b) Taking downers.
8. What do "some dopey private school chicks" try to pass off as grass to Jim and Jimmy Mancole?
(a) Dill weed.
(b) Saw dust.
9. Why does Jim walk up sixteen flights of stairs to Benny's apartment?
(a) The elevator is broken.
(b) He is afraid of elevators.
(c) He is trying to get in shape.
(d) Benny bet him he could not do it.
10. How long has Jim been holed up at Headquarters at the end of Summer 66?
(a) A week.
(b) Four days.
(c) A few hours.
(d) A month.
11. What event triggers Jim's war paranoia?
(a) An argument.
(b) An explosion.
(c) A blackout.
(d) A news report.
12. What game do Sharron and Lou-Lou want to play with Jim and Kenny?
13. What does Jim say when asked if he thinks Christ was God?
(b) "I guess not."
(d) "Do you?"
14. What does Jim say is the newest thing on the "junk scene"?
(a) Looking sickly.
(d) Wearing arm bands.
15. At the end of the spring 1965, who approaches Jim in a Bronx neighborhood?
(a) A little girl.
(b) A drug dealer.
(c) A taxi driver.
(d) A police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point on Jim's trip to Rye, NY does he observe business men with "not a bit of class"?
2. Who catches Bobby Blake on a stool at Gussie's Soda Fountain?
3. Who beats Jim up at the Bucket of Blood?
4. What do Jim and his friends see on the sidewalk on their way to breakfast at Ratner's?
5. What does Jim do on the train to Rye to calm his paranoia?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)