|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim say is growing in this country?
(d) A peace movement.
2. What does Jim think about more than Karl Marx?
(c) A fire truck.
3. Where does Jim go to play in the National High School All-Star Basketball game?
(b) Washington, D.C.
4. Which friend from the Professional Children's School meets Jim before gym class?
5. Why does Jim proclaim the end of an LSD era?
(a) His is going to rehab.
(b) He gets arrested.
(c) He has a bad trip.
(d) He ends up at Bellevue.
6. What does Jim suggest as an alternative to speeches at the marches?
(b) Flinging bricks.
(c) Having debates.
(d) Singing songs.
7. Who catches Bobby Blake on a stool at Gussie's Soda Fountain?
(a) Bobby's girlfriend.
(d) Two cops.
8. In the fall of 1965, what becomes a regular weekend activity for Jim and his friends?
(a) Getting ice cream.
(b) Taking LSD.
(c) Getting drunk.
(d) Playing cards.
9. What word does Mr. Bluster use in a letter to describe Jim?
10. What does Jim do on the train to Rye to calm his paranoia?
(a) Write in his diary.
(c) Pretend to read.
(d) Eat a sandwich.
11. Who accompanies Jim to 89th to find a dealer?
(a) Anton Neutron.
(c) David Lang.
(d) Bobby Blake.
12. At the end of the diary, what does Jim say he just wants to be?
(b) A writer.
13. Why is there a party for Shlink at headquarters?
(a) He is going into the army.
(b) He is moving away.
(c) It is his birthday.
(d) He is going to be a father.
14. When does Jim's dad get home from work each day?
15. Where does Jim accompany Brian's Navy friends?
(a) The Statue of Liberty.
(b) Yankee Stadium.
(c) Empire State Building.
(d) Radio City Music Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who beats Jim up at the Bucket of Blood?
2. What does Jim say when asked if he thinks Christ was God?
3. Who does Jimmy Dantone tell Jim is after them?
4. What place does Jim describe as the friendly neighborhood tavern?
5. Why does the coach tell Jim and Bax they cannot suit up for the game?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)