|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Frank Pinewater's mother take him in hopes of curing his drug habit?
(a) To the desert.
(b) High Mass.
(c) The emergency room.
(d) The Boys' Club.
2. What does everyone at headquarters chip in to buy after Willie Bender's death?
(a) A bottle of whiskey.
(b) A wreath.
(d) A pizza.
3. Why does Jim say his hair is long?
(a) He likes it that way.
(b) It gives him strength on the basketball court.
(c) He is protesting the war.
(d) He cannot afford to get it cut.
4. What do Jim and his friends see on the sidewalk on their way to breakfast at Ratner's?
(a) A lost dog.
(b) A naked woman.
(c) A library book.
(d) A bag of money.
5. What does Jim say just delays the little voice controlling his drug use?
(a) Taking downers.
6. What does Jim call himself, in reference to his feelings for older ladies?
(b) Baby boy.
(c) Mr. Innocent.
7. How does the daily drug use make Jim's eyes feel?
(a) Heavy and wet.
(b) Like glue.
(c) Wide open.
8. What does Jim say is the newest thing on the "junk scene"?
(a) Looking sickly.
(d) Wearing arm bands.
9. What does Jim leave in the basement where he shoots up?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His keys.
(c) His math book.
(d) His belt.
10. What does Jim say will go up in smoke every time a page in his future book gets turned?
(a) English classes.
(b) The Pentagon.
(c) Police stations.
11. What do Deborah and Ned do that the cops find unusual?
(a) They finish each other's sentences.
(b) They pull each other's hair.
(c) They keep fainting on each other.
(d) They keep laughing.
12. At what point on Jim's trip to Rye, NY does he observe business men with "not a bit of class"?
(a) At a Westchester book store.
(b) When he goes into the bathroom at Grand Central Terminal.
(c) At a Brooks Brthers store.
(d) On the train.
13. Why does the coach tell Jim and Bax they cannot suit up for the game?
(a) The game has been postponed.
(b) They were caught drinking in the locker room.
(c) They snuck out of the motel and did not return until midnight.
(d) They pulled a prank on another team.
14. What one thing does Jim experience with peyote he never experienced with acid?
(a) Cold sweats.
15. How much does Jim's medical treatment cost?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jim visit his girlfriend, Hedi, every Friday?
2. Where does Jim go to get treated for the clap?
3. Where does Jim go when he decides to skip school at the start of spring 1965?
4. What do "some dopey private school chicks" try to pass off as grass to Jim and Jimmy Mancole?
5. What does Willie do to Jim's soda that offends him?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)