|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jim see directing traffic at a six-way intersection?
(a) Fat Henry.
2. What does Jim describe climbing on the walls at Headquarters?
3. Why does Jim no longer want to attend peace marches?
(a) He supports the war now.
(b) They are boring.
(c) They are too crowded.
(d) He is too busy.
4. What does Jim tell the police officer he is doing, when he is spotted in his school blazer during the day?
(a) Minding his own business.
(b) Looking for a job.
(c) Social work project.
(d) He was on a field trip but lost his class.
5. What event triggers Jim's war paranoia?
(a) An explosion.
(b) A blackout.
(c) An argument.
(d) A news report.
6. Who does Jim attend a game at Yankee Stadium with?
(a) An executive named Dave.
(b) His brother.
(c) His dad.
(d) A waitress named Susan.
7. Where does Jim go to play in the National High School All-Star Basketball game?
(a) Washington, D.C.
8. What is Jim's new money-making scheme, in which he uses his lock slapping skills?
(b) Dealing drugs.
(c) Selling magazines.
(d) Stealing cars.
9. What does Jim say the junkies shove in their mouths?
(b) Broken glass.
(c) Donuts and coffee.
10. What does Jim forget about as he rolls in the dew in the country?
(a) His body.
(b) His problems.
(c) His friends.
11. What does Jim steal from the back of a truck in the summer of 1966?
(a) Pocket combs.
12. Why do the police show up at Shlink's party?
(a) There is a noise complaint.
(b) They are looking for a missing girl.
(c) They make a drug bust.
(d) They are invited.
13. Why doesn't Jim's summer league team use Lewie Alcindor?
(a) Lewie is a varsity player.
(b) Lewie decides to go to a karate tournament.
(c) Lewie shows up to the game without a uniform.
(d) Lewie is too tall.
14. What is Jim looking for when he opens a door to find a young German couple on the floor?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) The roof.
(c) His friends.
(d) A bathroom.
15. What place does Jim describe as the friendly neighborhood tavern?
(a) The Longshoreman.
(b) Baby Joey's Bar.
(c) The Bucket of Blood.
(d) The Bottle of Sunshine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim go to get treated for the clap?
2. At the end of the diary, what does Jim say he just wants to be?
3. What does everyone at headquarters chip in to buy after Willie Bender's death?
4. What does Jim say is growing in this country?
5. What does Jim say when asked if he thinks Christ was God?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)