|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school rule do Jim and his friends frequently break after lunch?
(a) They run in the halls.
(b) They smoke in the bathroom.
(c) They leave campus.
(d) They throw food at each other.
2. How does the daily drug use make Jim's eyes feel?
(a) Like glue.
(b) Heavy and wet.
(d) Wide open.
3. Where does Frank Pinewater's mother take him in hopes of curing his drug habit?
(a) To the desert.
(b) High Mass.
(c) The Boys' Club.
(d) The emergency room.
4. Who goes with Jim to get food at the hamburger place on 207th St.?
5. Who does Jim attend a going away party for at a bar?
(a) Audie Murphy.
(b) Fat Eddie.
6. What does Jim say has the same smell as dope cooking?
(a) Church incense.
(c) Old newspapers.
7. Where does Jim accompany Brian's Navy friends?
(a) The Statue of Liberty.
(b) Yankee Stadium.
(c) Empire State Building.
(d) Radio City Music Hall.
8. Why doesn't Jim's summer league team use Lewie Alcindor?
(a) Lewie decides to go to a karate tournament.
(b) Lewie is a varsity player.
(c) Lewie shows up to the game without a uniform.
(d) Lewie is too tall.
9. What does Jim say the junkies shove in their mouths?
(a) Donuts and coffee.
(d) Broken glass.
10. What is Jim interested in asking his mother when he is released from Riker's Island Juvenile Reformatory?
(a) For some money.
(b) Who his godparents are.
(c) If she is happy.
(d) If she is proud of him.
11. Where do Jim and his friends see Bobby Blake on their way to headquarters?
(a) Gussie's Soda Fountain.
(b) Jack's Clothing Shop.
(c) At a bus stop.
(d) Riding by on a bike.
12. What does Jim say is the newest thing on the "junk scene"?
(a) Wearing arm bands.
(c) Looking sickly.
13. Who does Jim attend a game at Yankee Stadium with?
(a) His brother.
(b) An executive named Dave.
(c) His dad.
(d) A waitress named Susan.
14. Why does Jim proclaim the end of an LSD era?
(a) He gets arrested.
(b) He ends up at Bellevue.
(c) He has a bad trip.
(d) His is going to rehab.
15. What does Jim tell the police officer he is doing, when he is spotted in his school blazer during the day?
(a) Looking for a job.
(b) He was on a field trip but lost his class.
(c) Social work project.
(d) Minding his own business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jimmy Dantone tell Jim is after them?
2. When does Jim's dad get home from work each day?
3. Why does Jim say his hair is long?
4. At the end of the diary, what does Jim say he just wants to be?
5. What is Ju-Ju Johnson's forte, according to Jim?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)