|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Jim and his friends see Bobby Blake on their way to headquarters?
(a) Jack's Clothing Shop.
(b) Gussie's Soda Fountain.
(c) Riding by on a bike.
(d) At a bus stop.
2. What does Jim call himself, in reference to his feelings for older ladies?
(c) Baby boy.
(d) Mr. Innocent.
3. Why do Jim's moves stick out in the championship game?
(a) He is the only white player on the court.
(b) He is clowning around.
(c) The girls cheer whenever he has the ball.
(d) He does not know the team's plays.
4. Why does Jim proclaim the end of an LSD era?
(a) He has a bad trip.
(b) He ends up at Bellevue.
(c) He gets arrested.
(d) His is going to rehab.
5. Who does Jim attend a going away party for at a bar?
(c) Audie Murphy.
(d) Fat Eddie.
6. What does Jim forget about as he rolls in the dew in the country?
(a) His friends.
(b) His body.
(c) His problems.
7. What does Jim say will go up in smoke every time a page in his future book gets turned?
(b) The Pentagon.
(c) English classes.
(d) Police stations.
8. What does Jim think about more than Karl Marx?
(d) A fire truck.
9. What game do Sharron and Lou-Lou want to play with Jim and Kenny?
10. What do Deborah and Ned do that the cops find unusual?
(a) They keep fainting on each other.
(b) They pull each other's hair.
(c) They finish each other's sentences.
(d) They keep laughing.
11. What do Jim and Mancole realize the man in Chinatown is selling?
12. Why is there a party for Shlink at headquarters?
(a) He is going to be a father.
(b) He is moving away.
(c) He is going into the army.
(d) It is his birthday.
13. Who beats Jim up at the Bucket of Blood?
(a) His old lady lover.
(b) The bartender.
(c) A man he sold acid to.
(d) Willie Appleears.
14. Who does Jim hang out with in Horn & Hardart's?
(a) A waitress.
(b) A drag queen.
(c) The junkies.
(d) The police.
15. What does Jim steal from the back of a truck in the summer of 1966?
(d) Pocket combs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Jim describe as alone?
2. Why doesn't Jim's summer league team use Lewie Alcindor?
3. Who is the kleptomaniac, speed-freak Jim sees on the train to school?
4. How much time did Jim spend at Riker's Island?
5. What does Jim do on the train to Rye to calm his paranoia?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)