|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim no longer want to attend peace marches?
(a) They are too crowded.
(b) He is too busy.
(c) They are boring.
(d) He supports the war now.
2. What does Jim forget about as he rolls in the dew in the country?
(a) His body.
(b) His friends.
(c) His problems.
3. What activity does Jim say is helping him know he needs to write?
(b) Using drugs.
(d) Playing basketball.
4. What does Jim describe climbing on the walls at Headquarters?
5. What does everyone at headquarters chip in to buy after Willie Bender's death?
(a) A bottle of whiskey.
(b) A pizza.
(d) A wreath.
6. Who offers Jim a ride as far as 181st after his train breaks down?
(a) An Irishman.
(b) A police officer.
(d) A news truck driver.
7. What is Jim interested in asking his mother when he is released from Riker's Island Juvenile Reformatory?
(a) For some money.
(b) Who his godparents are.
(c) If she is happy.
(d) If she is proud of him.
8. How does the daily drug use make Jim's eyes feel?
(a) Heavy and wet.
(b) Like glue.
(c) Wide open.
9. What does Jim call himself, in reference to his feelings for older ladies?
(b) Mr. Innocent.
(d) Baby boy.
10. What do Jim and Mancole realize the man in Chinatown is selling?
11. What school rule do Jim and his friends frequently break after lunch?
(a) They leave campus.
(b) They smoke in the bathroom.
(c) They run in the halls.
(d) They throw food at each other.
12. What do Jim and his friends see on the sidewalk on their way to breakfast at Ratner's?
(a) A lost dog.
(b) A library book.
(c) A bag of money.
(d) A naked woman.
13. How long has Jim been holed up at Headquarters at the end of Summer 66?
(a) Four days.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) A few hours.
14. What does Jim say will go up in smoke every time a page in his future book gets turned?
(b) English classes.
(c) Police stations.
(d) The Pentagon.
15. Why does Jim proclaim the end of an LSD era?
(a) He gets arrested.
(b) He has a bad trip.
(c) He ends up at Bellevue.
(d) His is going to rehab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place does Jim describe as the friendly neighborhood tavern?
2. Why does the coach tell Jim and Bax they cannot suit up for the game?
3. What game do Sharron and Lou-Lou want to play with Jim and Kenny?
4. Who does Jim attend a game at Yankee Stadium with?
5. Who does Jim get stuck with as a roommate during the National High School All-Star Basketball trip?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)