|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Jim's dad get home from work each day?
2. What does Jim say just delays the little voice controlling his drug use?
(a) Taking downers.
3. Why does Jim no longer want to attend peace marches?
(a) He is too busy.
(b) He supports the war now.
(c) They are boring.
(d) They are too crowded.
4. At what point on Jim's trip to Rye, NY does he observe business men with "not a bit of class"?
(a) At a Brooks Brthers store.
(b) At a Westchester book store.
(c) When he goes into the bathroom at Grand Central Terminal.
(d) On the train.
5. What does Bobby Blake decide to eat at Gussie's Soda Fountain?
(a) Grilled cheese sandwich.
(b) A pickle.
(c) Pizza slice.
(d) Hot dog.
6. Who does Jim believe has ratted on him for taking drugs before basketball games?
(a) His teammates.
(b) The team manager.
(c) His parents.
(d) The coach.
7. Why does Jim visit his girlfriend, Hedi, every Friday?
(a) Her parents are not home.
(b) She is in the hospital.
(c) Their favorite TV show comes on every Friday.
(d) Her family has parties on Fridays.
8. What do Jim and Mancole realize the man in Chinatown is selling?
9. How much time did Jim spend at Riker's Island?
(a) Three months.
(b) A year.
(c) Six months.
(d) A month.
10. What does the Frank O'Hara poem "Music" remind Jim of?
(a) Peace marches.
(b) His friends.
(c) The Plaza Hotel.
11. What does Jim think about more than Karl Marx?
(b) A fire truck.
12. What does Jim leave in the basement where he shoots up?
(a) His keys.
(b) His math book.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His belt.
13. Who does Jim see directing traffic at a six-way intersection?
(c) Fat Henry.
14. What does Jim describe climbing on the walls at Headquarters?
15. What does Jim do on the train to Rye to calm his paranoia?
(a) Eat a sandwich.
(b) Pretend to read.
(d) Write in his diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game do Sharron and Lou-Lou want to play with Jim and Kenny?
2. What does Jim say is the newest thing on the "junk scene"?
3. What does Willie do to Jim's soda that offends him?
4. What do Jim and his friends see on the sidewalk on their way to breakfast at Ratner's?
5. What do Deborah and Ned do that the cops find unusual?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)