|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jim and Ronnie wear to Alexander's department store?
(a) Top hats.
(b) School uniforms.
(c) Baseball uniforms.
(d) Baggy old coats.
2. Who confronts Brother G. about his punishment in class?
(d) Brother Kenneth.
3. Who does Jim offer a joint to in the winter of 1964?
(a) His mom.
(b) Freddie C.
(c) Some older teens hanging out at the basketball court.
(d) A group of homeless men in an alley.
4. Where do Jim and his friends tell Danny's mom they got the basketballs they bring home?
(a) At a church bazaar.
(b) At a yard sale.
(c) At a thrift store.
(d) At a basketball game.
5. When does Jim say his parents go to church?
(a) Every Sunday.
(b) When they are invited to weddings.
6. What substance does Jim try that he thinks is non-addictive?
7. Where does Jim hide while Mr. Bluster looks for students cutting class?
(a) In a bathroom stall.
(b) In a storage closet.
(c) Behind a bush.
(d) In a locker.
8. What does the newspaper call Jim and his friends?
(a) The Diaper Bandits.
(b) The Basketball Gang.
(c) The Bad-Off Junkies.
(d) The Boys Club.
9. What is Jim required to do at school once a month?
(a) Volunteer work.
(b) Give an oral report.
(c) Go to confession.
(d) Meet with the principal.
10. Who helps Jim and Brian find codeine?
(c) Johnny Murry.
11. Who does Jim say was gunned down at a ballroom near 163rd?
(a) Abe Lincoln.
(b) Malcolm X.
(c) Wilt Chamberlain.
(d) James Bond.
12. Why does Jim call Chris the "spiller"?
(a) Everyone else calls him that.
(b) Chris knocks things over when he is drunk.
(c) Chris pretends to be drunk but pours out most of the drinks.
(d) Chris's last name rhymes with "spiller."
13. What does Jim say the "old cigar chomping Garden regulars" love to see?
(a) Bill Russell have a bad game.
(b) Over time.
(c) Fights break out in the stands.
(d) Players foul out of the game.
14. What does Jim do on the eve of Halloween that leads to a beating?
(a) He gets caught stealing.
(b) He breaks windows.
(c) He pukes on the new rug.
(d) He breaks his curfew.
15. What does Jim consume to make the trip to Long Island to see Fat Eddie bearable?
(a) A pack of beer.
(b) Two bottles of cough syrup.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A bag of potato chips.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Willie and Jim look for on the beach in Long Beach?
2. Who blows his cool in the locker room at half time in the game against Horace Mann?
3. Where is Brother G. reported to be when he doesn't return to school?
4. Why do Jim and his friends laugh during the giant fire on Second Ave.?
5. What does Jim say his eyes feel like when sniffing cleaning fluid?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)