|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jim hide while Mr. Bluster looks for students cutting class?
(a) In a storage closet.
(b) In a locker.
(c) In a bathroom stall.
(d) Behind a bush.
2. Who blows his cool in the locker room at half time in the game against Horace Mann?
(d) Coach Doolittle.
3. Who do Willie and Jim look for on the beach in Long Beach?
(a) Tom McNulty.
(b) Benny Greenbaum.
(c) Tom Miggrello.
(d) The Celia sisters.
4. Who does Jim talk to about what he learns at the Communist Party meeting?
(a) His dad.
(b) His mom.
(c) His principal.
(d) His neighbor.
5. Who at school does Jim decide to steal from?
(b) The wrestling team.
(c) Mr. principal.
(d) The teachers.
6. Where does Jim's basketball team go for the play-off series?
(a) The lower east side.
(b) Long Beach.
7. What does Jim consume to make the trip to Long Island to see Fat Eddie bearable?
(a) Two bottles of cough syrup.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A pack of beer.
(d) A bag of potato chips.
8. Where does Jim have a summer job?
(a) At Central Park.
(b) At school.
(c) At Yankee Stadium.
(d) At the Boys' Club.
9. Why does someone run for Brother Kenneth during Billy's seizure?
(a) He will say a prayer for him.
(b) He is the school nurse.
(c) He is used to handling them.
(d) He is related to Billy.
10. Who does Jim say is a die-hard Marxist?
(a) His cousin.
(b) Steve Malone
(c) His father.
(d) Bunty Garden.
11. Where does Jim go with his friends Kevin, Dolan, Yogi, Muffy, and Nardo Poo?
(a) A party.
(b) A Knicks game.
(c) A movie.
(d) Ice skating.
12. What does Jim do on the eve of Halloween that leads to a beating?
(a) He gets caught stealing.
(b) He pukes on the new rug.
(c) He breaks windows.
(d) He breaks his curfew.
13. Why does Jim have trouble communicating to one of the police officers who stop him in the park?
(a) Jim is stoned.
(b) Jim is trying to talk to someone else at the same time.
(c) Steve doesn't speak English very well.
(d) There is too much noise for them to hear each other.
14. Why does a chorus of people laugh at Jim on a previous train ride?
(a) He gets his shirt stuck in the door.
(b) Someone tells him he looks like a girl.
(c) He falls out of his seat.
(d) The seat breaks in half when he sits.
15. What do Jim and friends call the huge rock they jump off of in the Bronx?
(a) The cut.
(b) The huge rock.
(d) Big time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jim offer a joint to in the winter of 1964?
2. What does Jim ask his mom for that makes her angry?
3. Who does Jim say was gunned down at a ballroom near 163rd?
4. What does Jim call the annual Thanksgiving fast at school?
5. Where does Brother G. punish the student in class for cheating?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)