|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim call the annual Thanksgiving fast at school?
(a) An opportunity to bond with classmates.
(b) A good idea.
(c) A farce.
(d) A big deal.
2. What does Jim call the apartment of Brian and John Browning?
(c) The Browning.
(d) The Place.
3. What does Jim do after History classes on his first day of school?
(a) He smokes in the locker room.
(b) He writes in his diary.
(c) He leaves school.
(d) He watches the football team work out.
4. In the fall of 1963, who is the neighbor taken away for mental health problems?
(a) Mrs. McNulty.
(b) Steve McQueen.
(c) Bill Russell.
5. What is Jim required to do at school once a month?
(a) Give an oral report.
(b) Meet with the principal.
(c) Volunteer work.
(d) Go to confession.
6. How old does Jim say his dead friend looks?
7. How does Chris explain Willie's injury to the police officer who stops them?
(a) He says they found him that way.
(b) He says he fell down some stairs.
(c) He says he was attacked by a dog.
(d) He says it was a sledding accident.
8. What animal does Jim say exemplifies presence?
9. What does Jim tell the cop is the reason he ran when they approached him in the park?
(a) He was scared.
(b) He broke into the Park.
(c) He stole some basketballs.
(d) His friends ran.
10. How old is Jim, when the story begins?
11. Who does Jim say is a die-hard Marxist?
(a) His cousin.
(b) Steve Malone
(c) His father.
(d) Bunty Garden.
12. What substance does Jim try that he thinks is non-addictive?
13. Why does Jim have trouble communicating to one of the police officers who stop him in the park?
(a) Steve doesn't speak English very well.
(b) Jim is stoned.
(c) There is too much noise for them to hear each other.
(d) Jim is trying to talk to someone else at the same time.
14. Who do the cops tell Jim they are looking for in the park?
(a) Someone with a gun.
(b) A drug dealer.
(c) A guy who molested a little girl.
(d) One of his classmates.
15. Who gets beat in the winter of 1964 for cheating on a religion quiz?
(d) Mikey Benavisti.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim do on the eve of Halloween that leads to a beating?
2. Where does Jim have a summer job?
3. Where do Jim and his friends tell Danny's mom they got the basketballs they bring home?
4. What does the old lady on the bus tell Jim will happen in a month?
5. Which friend does not manage to get a seat on the train?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)