Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jim and his friends use to attack girls on the eve of Halloween?
(b) Baseball bats.
(d) Socks with flour.
2. When does Jim say his parents go to church?
(b) When they are invited to weddings.
(c) Every Sunday.
3. Who do Willie and Jim look for on the beach in Long Beach?
(a) Tom Miggrello.
(b) The Celia sisters.
(c) Benny Greenbaum.
(d) Tom McNulty.
4. What does Jim say Melody looks like?
(a) A model.
(b) A movie star.
(c) A bad dream.
(d) An antique doll.
5. What does Jim's gym class mainly do at Central Park?
(c) Play soccer.
(d) Play touch football.
6. Who blows his cool in the locker room at half time in the game against Horace Mann?
(b) Coach Doolittle.
7. What do Jim and friends call the huge rock they jump off of in the Bronx?
(a) Big time.
(b) The huge rock.
(c) The cut.
8. In the spring of 1964, who does Jim describe as a saint?
(a) His mom.
(c) Father Kenny.
(d) An old man named Bill.
9. Who does Jim plan to get drunk with in his new neighborhood?
(a) A few weed-heads.
(b) His mom.
(c) A girl next door.
(d) His cousin Kevin.
10. Why does someone run for Brother Kenneth during Billy's seizure?
(a) He will say a prayer for him.
(b) He is the school nurse.
(c) He is used to handling them.
(d) He is related to Billy.
11. What does Jim tell the cop is the reason he ran when they approached him in the park?
(a) He broke into the Park.
(b) He stole some basketballs.
(c) He was scared.
(d) His friends ran.
12. Who at school does Jim decide to steal from?
(b) The wrestling team.
(c) Mr. principal.
(d) The teachers.
13. What is Jim required to do at school once a month?
(a) Volunteer work.
(b) Meet with the principal.
(c) Give an oral report.
(d) Go to confession.
14. How does Jim play on a league out of his age range?
(a) Jim does not know his real age.
(b) The coach gives him a fake birth certificate.
(c) Jim's birthday is close enought to the cut-off date.
(d) His position on the team is based on his skills.
15. How old is Jim, when the story begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim take his blind date, Melody?
2. Why does a chorus of people laugh at Jim on a previous train ride?
3. Who gets upset when Jim answers questions in class with, "Yah," instead of, "Yes, sir?"
4. What is Jim's motivation for getting along with his cousin's friends in Manhattan?
5. Who does Fat Eddie introduce Jim to when he arrives at his house?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)