|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jim have a summer job?
(a) At the Boys' Club.
(b) At Central Park.
(c) At school.
(d) At Yankee Stadium.
2. What does Jim tell the cop is the reason he ran when they approached him in the park?
(a) He stole some basketballs.
(b) His friends ran.
(c) He was scared.
(d) He broke into the Park.
3. Who blows his cool in the locker room at half time in the game against Horace Mann?
(d) Coach Doolittle.
4. Who do the cops tell Jim they are looking for in the park?
(a) A drug dealer.
(b) Someone with a gun.
(c) A guy who molested a little girl.
(d) One of his classmates.
5. Who does Jim offer a joint to in the winter of 1964?
(a) Some older teens hanging out at the basketball court.
(b) Freddie C.
(c) A group of homeless men in an alley.
(d) His mom.
6. Why does Jim get three raps across the hand at school?
(a) For throwing bricks.
(b) For putting his elbows on the table at lunch.
(c) For getting a D for effort.
(d) For talking back to a teacher.
7. What does Jim bring on the train uptown to break his boredom?
(a) A novel.
(b) A deck of cards.
(c) A sports magazine.
(d) A newspaper.
8. Who confronts Brother G. about his punishment in class?
(c) Brother Kenneth.
9. Where do Jim and his friends tell Danny's mom they got the basketballs they bring home?
(a) At a basketball game.
(b) At a thrift store.
(c) At a yard sale.
(d) At a church bazaar.
10. How does Jim describe the guys in his new neighborhood?
11. How old is Jim, when the story begins?
12. Who helps Jim and Brian find codeine?
(b) Johnny Murry.
13. Who gets beat in the winter of 1964 for cheating on a religion quiz?
(c) Mikey Benavisti.
14. Who at school does Jim decide to steal from?
(a) The wrestling team.
(b) The teachers.
(c) Mr. principal.
15. In the spring of 1964, where does Jim spend summer nights alone?
(a) Under a bridge.
(b) On his roof.
(c) In the woods.
(d) At headquarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who applauds for Jim after he jumps into the Harlem River?
2. Who does Jim plan to get drunk with in his new neighborhood?
3. What does Jim check the almanac for when he gets home from school?
4. Who gets upset when Jim answers questions in class with, "Yah," instead of, "Yes, sir?"
5. In the fall of 1963, who is the neighbor taken away for mental health problems?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)