|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim say Melody looks like?
(a) An antique doll.
(b) A movie star.
(c) A bad dream.
(d) A model.
2. What does Rudy the foreman do after he chases Jim to the ramp at Yankee Stadium?
(a) Rips off his badge and orders him to get the ice cream.
(b) Tells him he will be permanently on popcorn duty.
(c) Demands he appologize to the fans.
(d) Suggests they sit down and discuss what happened.
3. Where does Brother G. punish the student in class for cheating?
(a) In the hall.
(b) In the principal's office.
(c) In front of the class.
(d) In the coat closet.
4. In the fall of 1963, who is the neighbor taken away for mental health problems?
(a) Bill Russell.
(b) Mrs. McNulty.
(c) Steve McQueen.
5. Who stands up for Pedro about the teasing from Herbie about his parents?
(b) Pedro's big brother.
(c) Pedro's parents.
6. What specialty does Jim say crooks on the Lower East Side have in common?
(a) Breaking into cars.
(b) Snatching handbags off ladies.
(d) Being sneaky.
7. Which friend does not manage to get a seat on the train?
8. Where does Jim to to attend a Communist Party meeting with Bunty?
(a) Webster Hall.
(b) Bunty's house.
(c) Yankee Stadium.
(d) The Boys' Club.
9. Who does Jim say is a die-hard Marxist?
(a) Steve Malone
(b) His cousin.
(c) His father.
(d) Bunty Garden.
10. What does Jim do after History classes on his first day of school?
(a) He leaves school.
(b) He smokes in the locker room.
(c) He writes in his diary.
(d) He watches the football team work out.
11. Who confronts Brother G. about his punishment in class?
(a) Brother Kenneth.
12. Who finds Jim's nickel bag of marijuana?
(a) Brother G.
(c) Jim's dad.
(d) Jim's mom.
13. Who does Jim plan to get drunk with in his new neighborhood?
(a) A girl next door.
(b) His mom.
(c) His cousin Kevin.
(d) A few weed-heads.
14. Where do Willie and Jim leave their pipe after their night of smoking and drinking?
(a) Under some rocks and leaves.
(b) They bury it in a hole.
(c) In an abandoned car.
(d) In Willie's attic.
15. Who at school does Jim decide to steal from?
(a) The wrestling team.
(c) Mr. principal.
(d) The teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jim's team play in the first game of the season?
2. Who gets beat in the winter of 1964 for cheating on a religion quiz?
3. Where does Jim hide while Mr. Bluster looks for students cutting class?
4. What does Jim consume to make the trip to Long Island to see Fat Eddie bearable?
5. What is Jim's motivation for getting along with his cousin's friends in Manhattan?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)