|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim call the apartment of Brian and John Browning?
(a) The Place.
(b) The Browning.
2. Why does someone run for Brother Kenneth during Billy's seizure?
(a) He is used to handling them.
(b) He is related to Billy.
(c) He will say a prayer for him.
(d) He is the school nurse.
3. What does Jim check the almanac for when he gets home from school?
(a) When the next full moon will be.
(b) A horoscope that might indicate how his basketball season will go.
(c) Strange weather patterns over New York City.
(d) Any record of fits tossed in one class of thirty people in one half a school day.
4. How does Jim play on a league out of his age range?
(a) His position on the team is based on his skills.
(b) The coach gives him a fake birth certificate.
(c) Jim's birthday is close enought to the cut-off date.
(d) Jim does not know his real age.
5. Who does Jim talk to about what he learns at the Communist Party meeting?
(a) His mom.
(b) His principal.
(c) His dad.
(d) His neighbor.
6. What does the newspaper call Jim and his friends?
(a) The Boys Club.
(b) The Basketball Gang.
(c) The Bad-Off Junkies.
(d) The Diaper Bandits.
7. What does Jim say Melody looks like?
(a) A movie star.
(b) An antique doll.
(c) A bad dream.
(d) A model.
8. Who gets beat in the winter of 1964 for cheating on a religion quiz?
(b) Mikey Benavisti.
9. What do Jim and his friends have to buy at the all-night deli for their morning sandwiches?
10. Who do the cops tell Jim they are looking for in the park?
(a) Someone with a gun.
(b) A drug dealer.
(c) A guy who molested a little girl.
(d) One of his classmates.
11. What substance does Jim try that he thinks is non-addictive?
12. Where does Jim's basketball team go for the play-off series?
(a) The lower east side.
(d) Long Beach.
13. Where do Willie and Jim leave their pipe after their night of smoking and drinking?
(a) Under some rocks and leaves.
(b) They bury it in a hole.
(c) In an abandoned car.
(d) In Willie's attic.
14. Where does Jim hide while Mr. Bluster looks for students cutting class?
(a) In a storage closet.
(b) In a bathroom stall.
(c) In a locker.
(d) Behind a bush.
15. What TV show do Willie and Jim make fun of at their party in the woods?
(a) The Galloping Gourmet.
(b) The Lone Ranger.
(d) The Addams Family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What specialty does Jim say crooks on the Lower East Side have in common?
2. Who does Jim eventually give a joint to in the winter of 1964?
3. What does Jim call the annual Thanksgiving fast at school?
4. Why does Jim have trouble communicating to one of the police officers who stop him in the park?
5. What does Melody say about marijuana users?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)