|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Brother G. reported to be when he doesn't return to school?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) Long Island.
2. Why does Jim call Chris the "spiller"?
(a) Chris knocks things over when he is drunk.
(b) Everyone else calls him that.
(c) Chris's last name rhymes with "spiller."
(d) Chris pretends to be drunk but pours out most of the drinks.
3. In the fall of 1963, who is the neighbor taken away for mental health problems?
(a) Bill Russell.
(b) Steve McQueen.
(c) Mrs. McNulty.
4. How does Chris explain Willie's injury to the police officer who stops them?
(a) He says he fell down some stairs.
(b) He says they found him that way.
(c) He says it was a sledding accident.
(d) He says he was attacked by a dog.
5. Willie goes to the beach to wash what out of his hair?
6. Who stops Jim in the bushes at Central Park?
(a) The school principal.
(b) A tourist asking for directions.
(c) Mr. Doolittle.
(d) Two horse-patrol cops.
7. In the fall of 1964, what old friend of Jim's dies?
(c) Bobby Sachs.
(d) Kevin Dolon.
8. Who stands up for Pedro about the teasing from Herbie about his parents?
(a) Pedro's parents.
(d) Pedro's big brother.
9. What does the newspaper call Jim and his friends?
(a) The Basketball Gang.
(b) The Bad-Off Junkies.
(c) The Diaper Bandits.
(d) The Boys Club.
10. What specialty does Jim say crooks on the Lower East Side have in common?
(a) Being sneaky.
(b) Snatching handbags off ladies.
(d) Breaking into cars.
11. What does Jim do on the eve of Halloween that leads to a beating?
(a) He breaks windows.
(b) He pukes on the new rug.
(c) He gets caught stealing.
(d) He breaks his curfew.
12. Who helps Jim and Brian find codeine?
(d) Johnny Murry.
13. When does Jim say his parents go to church?
(a) Every Sunday.
(d) When they are invited to weddings.
14. What do Jim and friends call the huge rock they jump off of in the Bronx?
(b) The huge rock.
(c) Big time.
(d) The cut.
15. Where does Jim take his blind date, Melody?
(a) To a basketball game.
(b) To a coffee shop.
(c) To the movies.
(d) Back to his place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim do after History classes on his first day of school?
2. What fake name does Brian give when he purchases codeine?
3. What does Jim say the "old cigar chomping Garden regulars" love to see?
4. Who finds Jim's nickel bag of marijuana?
5. Where does Brother G. punish the student in class for cheating?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)