|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jim say is a die-hard Marxist?
(a) His cousin.
(b) Steve Malone
(c) Bunty Garden.
(d) His father.
2. How does Jim describe the guys in his new neighborhood?
3. What animal does Jim say exemplifies presence?
4. How does Jim play on a league out of his age range?
(a) His position on the team is based on his skills.
(b) The coach gives him a fake birth certificate.
(c) Jim does not know his real age.
(d) Jim's birthday is close enought to the cut-off date.
5. Who confronts Brother G. about his punishment in class?
(d) Brother Kenneth.
6. Where does Jim hide while Mr. Bluster looks for students cutting class?
(a) In a bathroom stall.
(b) In a locker.
(c) Behind a bush.
(d) In a storage closet.
7. What fake name does Brian give when he purchases codeine?
(a) Alexander Pope.
(b) Jack Kerouac.
(c) James Bond.
(d) Bill Russell.
8. In the fall of 1963, who is the neighbor taken away for mental health problems?
(a) Mrs. McNulty.
(c) Steve McQueen.
(d) Bill Russell.
9. Who gets upset when Jim answers questions in class with, "Yah," instead of, "Yes, sir?"
(a) Fat Eddie.
(b) Eggie Blaumgarden.
(c) Mr. Belt.
(d) Mr. Brothers.
10. What does Jim do on the eve of Halloween that leads to a beating?
(a) He gets caught stealing.
(b) He breaks windows.
(c) He pukes on the new rug.
(d) He breaks his curfew.
11. What does Jim's mother say when he calls her from Tom Miggrello's party?
(a) "I'm glad you called."
(b) "You're drunk."
(c) "You really did it this time."
(d) "Who won the game?"
12. Jim says, "I just want to be _____ and live in the _____."
13. Who does Jim's team play in the first game of the season?
(a) St. Mary's.
(b) St. Patrick's.
(c) St. Luke's.
(d) St. Hilda's.
14. What does Jim say the "old cigar chomping Garden regulars" love to see?
(a) Over time.
(b) Players foul out of the game.
(c) Bill Russell have a bad game.
(d) Fights break out in the stands.
15. What does Jim say his eyes feel like when sniffing cleaning fluid?
(a) A roaring fire.
(c) A cloud.
(d) Bowling balls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does someone run for Brother Kenneth during Billy's seizure?
2. Who stops Jim in the bushes at Central Park?
3. Where does Jim have a summer job?
4. Which friend does not manage to get a seat on the train?
5. Where does Brother G. punish the student in class for cheating?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)