|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Boys' Club have a memorial service for?
(a) Teddy Rayhill.
(b) Bro. Wally Wade.
(c) Bro. Kenny.
(d) Herbie Hemslie.
2. Why do Jim and his friends laugh during the giant fire on Second Ave.?
(a) The pizza man is on his knees begging the firefighters not to break his windows.
(b) Jim has just tripped.
(c) They are telling jokes about the basketball coach.
(d) There is a clown running down the street.
3. Which friend does not manage to get a seat on the train?
4. What TV show do Willie and Jim make fun of at their party in the woods?
(a) The Lone Ranger.
(b) The Galloping Gourmet.
(c) The Addams Family.
5. Where does Brother G. punish the student in class for cheating?
(a) In front of the class.
(b) In the principal's office.
(c) In the hall.
(d) In the coat closet.
6. Who gets upset when Jim answers questions in class with, "Yah," instead of, "Yes, sir?"
(a) Mr. Brothers.
(b) Eggie Blaumgarden.
(c) Fat Eddie.
(d) Mr. Belt.
7. What does Jim say Melody looks like?
(a) A bad dream.
(b) A movie star.
(c) An antique doll.
(d) A model.
8. Where does Jim go after the game against Horace Mann?
(a) To a bar.
(c) To the woods.
9. Who at school does Jim decide to steal from?
(a) The teachers.
(b) The wrestling team.
(d) Mr. principal.
10. Where do Jim and his friends tell Danny's mom they got the basketballs they bring home?
(a) At a church bazaar.
(b) At a thrift store.
(c) At a basketball game.
(d) At a yard sale.
11. In the spring of 1964, who does Jim describe as a saint?
(a) An old man named Bill.
(c) His mom.
(d) Father Kenny.
12. What does Jim wear to gym class at the park to feel less self-conscious?
(a) A baseball cap.
(b) Blue jeans.
(d) A sweat shirt.
13. What does Rudy the foreman do after he chases Jim to the ramp at Yankee Stadium?
(a) Rips off his badge and orders him to get the ice cream.
(b) Suggests they sit down and discuss what happened.
(c) Demands he appologize to the fans.
(d) Tells him he will be permanently on popcorn duty.
14. Who does Fat Eddie introduce Jim to when he arrives at his house?
(a) His parents.
(b) His neighbor, Hal.
(c) His cat, Cheetah.
(d) Winkie and Blinkie.
15. What does Jim consume to make the trip to Long Island to see Fat Eddie bearable?
(a) A pack of beer.
(b) Two bottles of cough syrup.
(c) A bag of potato chips.
(d) A bottle of wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jim and his friends have to buy at the all-night deli for their morning sandwiches?
2. What does Jim say his eyes feel like when sniffing cleaning fluid?
3. Who stands up for Pedro about the teasing from Herbie about his parents?
4. Why does a chorus of people laugh at Jim on a previous train ride?
5. Who confronts Brother G. about his punishment in class?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)