|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Boys' Club have a memorial service for?
(a) Teddy Rayhill.
(b) Bro. Kenny.
(c) Bro. Wally Wade.
(d) Herbie Hemslie.
2. Where does Jim hide while Mr. Bluster looks for students cutting class?
(a) In a locker.
(b) In a bathroom stall.
(c) In a storage closet.
(d) Behind a bush.
3. Why does Jim have trouble communicating to one of the police officers who stop him in the park?
(a) Jim is trying to talk to someone else at the same time.
(b) Jim is stoned.
(c) Steve doesn't speak English very well.
(d) There is too much noise for them to hear each other.
4. When does Jim say his parents go to church?
(b) Every Sunday.
(c) When they are invited to weddings.
5. What does Jim think a requirement seems to be for attending Communist Party meetings?
(a) Being young.
(b) Being smart.
(c) Being against the war.
(d) Being ugly.
6. Why does Jim punch Larry out in the school trophy room?
(a) Larry trips him.
(b) Larry insists he was reading Time magazine first.
(c) Larry makes fun of his hair.
(d) Larry dares him to do it.
7. What does Jim call the apartment of Brian and John Browning?
(b) The Place.
(c) The Browning.
8. How does Jim know Steve Malone?
(a) They play on the same basketball courts.
(b) They are neighbors.
(c) Steve was his little league coach.
(d) Steve is a friend of the family.
9. What is Jim required to do at school once a month?
(a) Go to confession.
(b) Volunteer work.
(c) Meet with the principal.
(d) Give an oral report.
10. What do Jim and his team want to do after their victory at Riverdale?
(a) Break into an ice cream shop.
(b) Get drunk, do reefer, and sniff glue.
(c) Play a prank on Riverdale.
(d) Start a fight with some Riverdale fans.
11. Who does Jim say is a die-hard Marxist?
(a) Bunty Garden.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His father.
(d) Steve Malone
12. What substance does Jim try that he thinks is non-addictive?
13. Who does Jim eventually give a joint to in the winter of 1964?
(b) An older guy who had been in the Army.
(c) Some older teens hanging out at the basketball court.
(d) His mom.
14. How does Jim play on a league out of his age range?
(a) Jim does not know his real age.
(b) Jim's birthday is close enought to the cut-off date.
(c) The coach gives him a fake birth certificate.
(d) His position on the team is based on his skills.
15. What does Rudy the foreman do after he chases Jim to the ramp at Yankee Stadium?
(a) Rips off his badge and orders him to get the ice cream.
(b) Suggests they sit down and discuss what happened.
(c) Demands he appologize to the fans.
(d) Tells him he will be permanently on popcorn duty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old lady on the bus tell Jim will happen in a month?
2. What do Jim and Ronnie wear to Alexander's department store?
3. Where do Willie and Jim leave their pipe after their night of smoking and drinking?
4. Who blows his cool in the locker room at half time in the game against Horace Mann?
5. What does Jim say the "old cigar chomping Garden regulars" love to see?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)