|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Jim and his friends tell Danny's mom they got the basketballs they bring home?
(a) At a yard sale.
(b) At a thrift store.
(c) At a basketball game.
(d) At a church bazaar.
2. What fake name does Brian give when he purchases codeine?
(a) James Bond.
(b) Alexander Pope.
(c) Jack Kerouac.
(d) Bill Russell.
3. What does the old lady on the bus tell Jim will happen in a month?
(a) She will see her grandchildren.
(b) The war will end.
(c) He will fall in love.
(d) He will die.
4. What does Jim's mother say when he calls her from Tom Miggrello's party?
(a) "Who won the game?"
(b) "I'm glad you called."
(c) "You really did it this time."
(d) "You're drunk."
5. Who finds Jim's nickel bag of marijuana?
(b) Jim's dad.
(c) Jim's mom.
(d) Brother G.
6. Who does Fat Eddie introduce Jim to when he arrives at his house?
(a) Winkie and Blinkie.
(b) His cat, Cheetah.
(c) His neighbor, Hal.
(d) His parents.
7. Who does Jim talk to about what he learns at the Communist Party meeting?
(a) His mom.
(b) His dad.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) His principal.
8. Where does Jim take his blind date, Melody?
(a) Back to his place.
(b) To a coffee shop.
(c) To a basketball game.
(d) To the movies.
9. Why doesn't Mr. Doolittle give Jim any trouble for breaking rules in gym class?
(a) Mr. Doolittle has given up on Jim.
(b) Mr. Doolittle does not notice when students break rules.
(c) Mr. Doolittle is afraid of him.
(d) Mr. Doolittle is the basketball coach.
10. Why does a chorus of people laugh at Jim on a previous train ride?
(a) He falls out of his seat.
(b) Someone tells him he looks like a girl.
(c) He gets his shirt stuck in the door.
(d) The seat breaks in half when he sits.
11. What does Jim think a requirement seems to be for attending Communist Party meetings?
(a) Being ugly.
(b) Being against the war.
(c) Being young.
(d) Being smart.
12. Who does Jim plan to get drunk with in his new neighborhood?
(a) A few weed-heads.
(b) His cousin Kevin.
(c) His mom.
(d) A girl next door.
13. Where does Jim's basketball team go for the play-off series?
(a) Long Beach.
(c) The lower east side.
14. Where is Brother G. reported to be when he doesn't return to school?
(a) Long Island.
(c) New Jersey.
15. Who does Jim go to Staten Island with?
(a) His parents.
(b) Tony and Yogi.
(c) Chris and Willie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the newspaper call Jim and his friends?
2. What does Jim check the almanac for when he gets home from school?
3. How old does Jim say his dead friend looks?
4. What do Jim and his friends use to attack girls on the eve of Halloween?
5. Where does Brother G. punish the student in class for cheating?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)