|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jim take his blind date, Melody?
(a) To the movies.
(b) To a coffee shop.
(c) To a basketball game.
(d) Back to his place.
2. How does Jim play on a league out of his age range?
(a) Jim does not know his real age.
(b) Jim's birthday is close enought to the cut-off date.
(c) The coach gives him a fake birth certificate.
(d) His position on the team is based on his skills.
3. What does Jim call the annual Thanksgiving fast at school?
(a) A farce.
(b) An opportunity to bond with classmates.
(c) A big deal.
(d) A good idea.
4. What fake name does Brian give when he purchases codeine?
(a) Alexander Pope.
(b) Jack Kerouac.
(c) Bill Russell.
(d) James Bond.
5. What does Jim wear to gym class at the park to feel less self-conscious?
(a) A sweat shirt.
(b) Blue jeans.
(d) A baseball cap.
6. Where does Jim go with his friends Kevin, Dolan, Yogi, Muffy, and Nardo Poo?
(a) A Knicks game.
(b) Ice skating.
(c) A movie.
(d) A party.
7. What does Jim bring on the train uptown to break his boredom?
(a) A sports magazine.
(b) A novel.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A deck of cards.
8. Who does Fat Eddie introduce Jim to when he arrives at his house?
(a) His cat, Cheetah.
(b) His parents.
(c) Winkie and Blinkie.
(d) His neighbor, Hal.
9. Which friend does not manage to get a seat on the train?
10. Who helps Jim and Brian find codeine?
(d) Johnny Murry.
11. What do Jim and his friends have to buy at the all-night deli for their morning sandwiches?
12. What does Jim consume to make the trip to Long Island to see Fat Eddie bearable?
(a) A bag of potato chips.
(b) A pack of beer.
(c) Two bottles of cough syrup.
(d) A bottle of wine.
13. Where do Jim and his friends tell Danny's mom they got the basketballs they bring home?
(a) At a yard sale.
(b) At a church bazaar.
(c) At a basketball game.
(d) At a thrift store.
14. Who stands up for Pedro about the teasing from Herbie about his parents?
(c) Pedro's parents.
(d) Pedro's big brother.
15. How old does Jim say his dead friend looks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who applauds for Jim after he jumps into the Harlem River?
2. What does Jim's gym class mainly do at Central Park?
3. Who does Jim see by surprise on the "most crowded corner in the Bronx"?
4. Why doesn't Mr. Doolittle give Jim any trouble for breaking rules in gym class?
5. Why does a chorus of people laugh at Jim on a previous train ride?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)