|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a chorus of people laugh at Jim on a previous train ride?
(a) He falls out of his seat.
(b) He gets his shirt stuck in the door.
(c) The seat breaks in half when he sits.
(d) Someone tells him he looks like a girl.
2. Who does Jim talk to about what he learns at the Communist Party meeting?
(a) His mom.
(b) His principal.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) His dad.
3. What does Jim call the apartment of Brian and John Browning?
(b) The Place.
(c) The Browning.
4. Who confronts Brother G. about his punishment in class?
(a) Brother Kenneth.
5. What does Jim say the "old cigar chomping Garden regulars" love to see?
(a) Fights break out in the stands.
(b) Players foul out of the game.
(c) Bill Russell have a bad game.
(d) Over time.
6. What does Jim consume to make the trip to Long Island to see Fat Eddie bearable?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A pack of beer.
(c) A bag of potato chips.
(d) Two bottles of cough syrup.
7. Where does Jim take his blind date, Melody?
(a) To the movies.
(b) Back to his place.
(c) To a basketball game.
(d) To a coffee shop.
8. Who does the Boys' Club have a memorial service for?
(a) Herbie Hemslie.
(b) Teddy Rayhill.
(c) Bro. Wally Wade.
(d) Bro. Kenny.
9. Which friend does not manage to get a seat on the train?
10. Why does Jim get three raps across the hand at school?
(a) For getting a D for effort.
(b) For talking back to a teacher.
(c) For throwing bricks.
(d) For putting his elbows on the table at lunch.
11. What does Jim say his eyes feel like when sniffing cleaning fluid?
(a) A cloud.
(b) Bowling balls.
(c) A roaring fire.
12. Who applauds for Jim after he jumps into the Harlem River?
(a) Danny and John.
(b) Fat Eddie.
(c) Sightseers on a boat.
(d) Some girls swimming nearby.
13. Who stops Jim in the bushes at Central Park?
(a) Two horse-patrol cops.
(b) Mr. Doolittle.
(c) The school principal.
(d) A tourist asking for directions.
14. Where does Jim to to attend a Communist Party meeting with Bunty?
(a) The Boys' Club.
(b) Webster Hall.
(c) Yankee Stadium.
(d) Bunty's house.
15. How does Jim describe the guys in his new neighborhood?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fat Eddie introduce Jim to when he arrives at his house?
2. Who helps Jim and Brian find codeine?
3. In the fall of 1964, what old friend of Jim's dies?
4. What does Melody say about marijuana users?
5. When does Jim say his parents go to church?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)