|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jim plan to get drunk with in his new neighborhood?
(a) His mom.
(b) His cousin Kevin.
(c) A few weed-heads.
(d) A girl next door.
2. Which friend does not manage to get a seat on the train?
3. Where does Jim go with his friends Kevin, Dolan, Yogi, Muffy, and Nardo Poo?
(a) Ice skating.
(b) A Knicks game.
(c) A party.
(d) A movie.
4. In the spring of 1964, who does Jim describe as a saint?
(a) His mom.
(c) Father Kenny.
(d) An old man named Bill.
5. What do Jim and his friends use to attack girls on the eve of Halloween?
(a) Socks with flour.
(b) Baseball bats.
6. Where does Jim to to attend a Communist Party meeting with Bunty?
(a) Webster Hall.
(b) The Boys' Club.
(c) Bunty's house.
(d) Yankee Stadium.
7. What specialty does Jim say crooks on the Lower East Side have in common?
(a) Breaking into cars.
(c) Snatching handbags off ladies.
(d) Being sneaky.
8. Who at school does Jim decide to steal from?
(a) The teachers.
(b) The wrestling team.
(c) Mr. principal.
9. Where does Jim have a summer job?
(a) At school.
(b) At Yankee Stadium.
(c) At Central Park.
(d) At the Boys' Club.
10. Who confronts Brother G. about his punishment in class?
(a) Brother Kenneth.
11. What does Jim wear to gym class at the park to feel less self-conscious?
(b) Blue jeans.
(c) A baseball cap.
(d) A sweat shirt.
12. Who gets beat in the winter of 1964 for cheating on a religion quiz?
(a) Mikey Benavisti.
13. Why does Jim call Chris the "spiller"?
(a) Chris pretends to be drunk but pours out most of the drinks.
(b) Chris's last name rhymes with "spiller."
(c) Everyone else calls him that.
(d) Chris knocks things over when he is drunk.
14. What substance does Jim try that he thinks is non-addictive?
15. Where does Jim take his blind date, Melody?
(a) Back to his place.
(b) To the movies.
(c) To a basketball game.
(d) To a coffee shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim do on the eve of Halloween that leads to a beating?
2. Where do Jim and his friends tell Danny's mom they got the basketballs they bring home?
3. Who stops Jim in the bushes at Central Park?
4. What does Jim bring on the train uptown to break his boredom?
5. In the fall of 1964, what old friend of Jim's dies?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)