|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jim and his team want to do after their victory at Riverdale?
(a) Break into an ice cream shop.
(b) Get drunk, do reefer, and sniff glue.
(c) Play a prank on Riverdale.
(d) Start a fight with some Riverdale fans.
2. Where is Brother G. reported to be when he doesn't return to school?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) Long Island.
3. What specialty does Jim say crooks on the Lower East Side have in common?
(a) Breaking into cars.
(c) Being sneaky.
(d) Snatching handbags off ladies.
4. How old is Jim, when the story begins?
5. What does Rudy the foreman do after he chases Jim to the ramp at Yankee Stadium?
(a) Suggests they sit down and discuss what happened.
(b) Demands he appologize to the fans.
(c) Tells him he will be permanently on popcorn duty.
(d) Rips off his badge and orders him to get the ice cream.
6. What do Jim and Ronnie wear to Alexander's department store?
(a) Baseball uniforms.
(b) Top hats.
(c) Baggy old coats.
(d) School uniforms.
7. Who gets beat in the winter of 1964 for cheating on a religion quiz?
(b) Mikey Benavisti.
8. Who stands up for Pedro about the teasing from Herbie about his parents?
(a) Pedro's big brother.
(d) Pedro's parents.
9. Who applauds for Jim after he jumps into the Harlem River?
(a) Danny and John.
(b) Some girls swimming nearby.
(c) Sightseers on a boat.
(d) Fat Eddie.
10. Where does Jim hide while Mr. Bluster looks for students cutting class?
(a) In a bathroom stall.
(b) In a storage closet.
(c) Behind a bush.
(d) In a locker.
11. What does Jim bring on the train uptown to break his boredom?
(a) A novel.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A deck of cards.
(d) A sports magazine.
12. Willie goes to the beach to wash what out of his hair?
13. Who do Willie and Jim look for on the beach in Long Beach?
(a) Tom Miggrello.
(b) The Celia sisters.
(c) Benny Greenbaum.
(d) Tom McNulty.
14. What does Jim's mother say when he calls her from Tom Miggrello's party?
(a) "I'm glad you called."
(b) "Who won the game?"
(c) "You really did it this time."
(d) "You're drunk."
15. Who blows his cool in the locker room at half time in the game against Horace Mann?
(b) Coach Doolittle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Jim's nickel bag of marijuana?
2. Who stops Jim in the bushes at Central Park?
3. What is Jim's motivation for getting along with his cousin's friends in Manhattan?
4. Who does Jim say was gunned down at a ballroom near 163rd?
5. Who helps Jim and Brian find codeine?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)