|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Melody say about marijuana users?
(a) They do strange things.
(b) They are a waste of time.
(c) They frighten her.
(d) There is a time and a place for what they do.
2. Who confronts Brother G. about his punishment in class?
(d) Brother Kenneth.
3. Where do Willie and Jim leave their pipe after their night of smoking and drinking?
(a) In an abandoned car.
(b) Under some rocks and leaves.
(c) They bury it in a hole.
(d) In Willie's attic.
4. What specialty does Jim say crooks on the Lower East Side have in common?
(b) Snatching handbags off ladies.
(c) Breaking into cars.
(d) Being sneaky.
5. How does Jim describe the guys in his new neighborhood?
6. What does Jim bring on the train uptown to break his boredom?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A novel.
(c) A sports magazine.
(d) A deck of cards.
7. Who stops Jim in the bushes at Central Park?
(a) Two horse-patrol cops.
(b) The school principal.
(c) Mr. Doolittle.
(d) A tourist asking for directions.
8. How does Jim know Steve Malone?
(a) They play on the same basketball courts.
(b) Steve was his little league coach.
(c) They are neighbors.
(d) Steve is a friend of the family.
9. In the spring of 1964, who does Jim describe as a saint?
(b) Father Kenny.
(c) His mom.
(d) An old man named Bill.
10. Who at school does Jim decide to steal from?
(a) Mr. principal.
(c) The wrestling team.
(d) The teachers.
11. How does the school nurse solve most ailments, according to Jim?
(a) By sending students home.
(b) With a Band-Aid.
(c) With aspirin.
(d) With a nap.
12. What does the old lady on the bus tell Jim will happen in a month?
(a) The war will end.
(b) He will fall in love.
(c) He will die.
(d) She will see her grandchildren.
13. Why does Jim punch Larry out in the school trophy room?
(a) Larry dares him to do it.
(b) Larry insists he was reading Time magazine first.
(c) Larry trips him.
(d) Larry makes fun of his hair.
14. Willie goes to the beach to wash what out of his hair?
15. What does Jim consume to make the trip to Long Island to see Fat Eddie bearable?
(a) A pack of beer.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A bag of potato chips.
(d) Two bottles of cough syrup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What substance does Jim try that he thinks is non-addictive?
2. What does Jim do on the eve of Halloween that leads to a beating?
3. Why do Jim and his friends laugh during the giant fire on Second Ave.?
4. Who does Jim go to Staten Island with?
5. When does Jim say his parents go to church?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)