|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Willie and Jim leave their pipe after their night of smoking and drinking?
(a) Under some rocks and leaves.
(b) In an abandoned car.
(c) They bury it in a hole.
(d) In Willie's attic.
2. Who applauds for Jim after he jumps into the Harlem River?
(a) Sightseers on a boat.
(b) Some girls swimming nearby.
(c) Danny and John.
(d) Fat Eddie.
3. Who finds Jim's nickel bag of marijuana?
(a) Jim's mom.
(b) Brother G.
(c) Jim's dad.
4. What animal does Jim say exemplifies presence?
5. Where does Jim hide while Mr. Bluster looks for students cutting class?
(a) In a bathroom stall.
(b) In a locker.
(c) Behind a bush.
(d) In a storage closet.
6. Why does Jim stay after school until 4:30 on the day of his friend's wake?
(a) He is waiting for a ride home.
(b) He has to clean desks for cutting class.
(c) There is a meeting for the basketball team.
(d) He joins the math club.
7. Why does Jim punch Larry out in the school trophy room?
(a) Larry trips him.
(b) Larry makes fun of his hair.
(c) Larry insists he was reading Time magazine first.
(d) Larry dares him to do it.
8. Why does a chorus of people laugh at Jim on a previous train ride?
(a) The seat breaks in half when he sits.
(b) He gets his shirt stuck in the door.
(c) He falls out of his seat.
(d) Someone tells him he looks like a girl.
9. Who stops Jim in the bushes at Central Park?
(a) The school principal.
(b) Mr. Doolittle.
(c) Two horse-patrol cops.
(d) A tourist asking for directions.
10. Who does Fat Eddie introduce Jim to when he arrives at his house?
(a) Winkie and Blinkie.
(b) His parents.
(c) His cat, Cheetah.
(d) His neighbor, Hal.
11. What does Jim consume to make the trip to Long Island to see Fat Eddie bearable?
(a) A bag of potato chips.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A pack of beer.
(d) Two bottles of cough syrup.
12. What do Jim and Ronnie wear to Alexander's department store?
(a) Top hats.
(b) Baggy old coats.
(c) Baseball uniforms.
(d) School uniforms.
13. What does Jim do after History classes on his first day of school?
(a) He leaves school.
(b) He smokes in the locker room.
(c) He watches the football team work out.
(d) He writes in his diary.
14. Why do Jim and his friends laugh during the giant fire on Second Ave.?
(a) Jim has just tripped.
(b) There is a clown running down the street.
(c) The pizza man is on his knees begging the firefighters not to break his windows.
(d) They are telling jokes about the basketball coach.
15. What specialty does Jim say crooks on the Lower East Side have in common?
(a) Snatching handbags off ladies.
(b) Being sneaky.
(d) Breaking into cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jim and his friends have to buy at the all-night deli for their morning sandwiches?
2. How does Jim know Steve Malone?
3. What does Jim say Melody looks like?
4. Why does Jim call Chris the "spiller"?
5. In the spring of 1964, where does Jim spend summer nights alone?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)