Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jim and his team want to do after their victory at Riverdale?
(a) Start a fight with some Riverdale fans.
(b) Get drunk, do reefer, and sniff glue.
(c) Play a prank on Riverdale.
(d) Break into an ice cream shop.
2. In the fall of 1963, who is the neighbor taken away for mental health problems?
(b) Steve McQueen.
(c) Mrs. McNulty.
(d) Bill Russell.
3. Why does Jim punch Larry out in the school trophy room?
(a) Larry insists he was reading Time magazine first.
(b) Larry makes fun of his hair.
(c) Larry dares him to do it.
(d) Larry trips him.
4. How does the school nurse solve most ailments, according to Jim?
(a) By sending students home.
(b) With aspirin.
(c) With a nap.
(d) With a Band-Aid.
5. What does Jim say Melody looks like?
(a) A bad dream.
(b) An antique doll.
(c) A model.
(d) A movie star.
6. Why does Jim stay after school until 4:30 on the day of his friend's wake?
(a) He is waiting for a ride home.
(b) He joins the math club.
(c) There is a meeting for the basketball team.
(d) He has to clean desks for cutting class.
7. Why does Jim call Chris the "spiller"?
(a) Chris knocks things over when he is drunk.
(b) Chris's last name rhymes with "spiller."
(c) Chris pretends to be drunk but pours out most of the drinks.
(d) Everyone else calls him that.
8. Who gets upset when Jim answers questions in class with, "Yah," instead of, "Yes, sir?"
(a) Mr. Belt.
(b) Eggie Blaumgarden.
(c) Mr. Brothers.
(d) Fat Eddie.
9. What specialty does Jim say crooks on the Lower East Side have in common?
(a) Breaking into cars.
(b) Snatching handbags off ladies.
(c) Being sneaky.
10. Who helps Jim and Brian find codeine?
(c) Johnny Murry.
11. What is Jim's motivation for getting along with his cousin's friends in Manhattan?
(a) He believes he can sell stolen goods to them.
(b) His mom will give him money if he makes a new group of friends.
(c) He is trying to impress his cousin.
(d) His family is moving to their neighborhood, and he will finish the school year with them.
12. Who does Fat Eddie introduce Jim to when he arrives at his house?
(a) His parents.
(b) Winkie and Blinkie.
(c) His cat, Cheetah.
(d) His neighbor, Hal.
13. What TV show do Willie and Jim make fun of at their party in the woods?
(a) The Addams Family.
(b) The Galloping Gourmet.
(c) The Lone Ranger.
14. What does Jim call the annual Thanksgiving fast at school?
(a) A big deal.
(b) A farce.
(c) An opportunity to bond with classmates.
(d) A good idea.
15. What does Jim say his eyes feel like when sniffing cleaning fluid?
(a) A cloud.
(b) Bowling balls.
(c) A roaring fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which friend does not manage to get a seat on the train?
2. What do Jim and his friends have to buy at the all-night deli for their morning sandwiches?
3. What does Melody say about marijuana users?
4. Who at school does Jim decide to steal from?
5. In the spring of 1964, where does Jim spend summer nights alone?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)