|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jim and his friends use to attack girls on the eve of Halloween?
(b) Socks with flour.
(d) Baseball bats.
2. Where does Jim take his blind date, Melody?
(a) To the movies.
(b) To a basketball game.
(c) Back to his place.
(d) To a coffee shop.
3. In the spring of 1964, where does Jim spend summer nights alone?
(a) On his roof.
(b) Under a bridge.
(c) At headquarters.
(d) In the woods.
4. What does Jim call the apartment of Brian and John Browning?
(a) The Place.
(d) The Browning.
5. Who does Jim eventually give a joint to in the winter of 1964?
(a) An older guy who had been in the Army.
(b) Some older teens hanging out at the basketball court.
(c) His mom.
6. What does the old lady on the bus tell Jim will happen in a month?
(a) He will die.
(b) She will see her grandchildren.
(c) The war will end.
(d) He will fall in love.
7. What is Jim required to do at school once a month?
(a) Meet with the principal.
(b) Volunteer work.
(c) Give an oral report.
(d) Go to confession.
8. Who does Jim's team play in the first game of the season?
(a) St. Hilda's.
(b) St. Patrick's.
(c) St. Mary's.
(d) St. Luke's.
9. What do Jim and his friends have to buy at the all-night deli for their morning sandwiches?
10. In the fall of 1964, what old friend of Jim's dies?
(b) Bobby Sachs.
(c) Kevin Dolon.
11. Why does Jim stay after school until 4:30 on the day of his friend's wake?
(a) He has to clean desks for cutting class.
(b) There is a meeting for the basketball team.
(c) He is waiting for a ride home.
(d) He joins the math club.
12. Where do Willie and Jim leave their pipe after their night of smoking and drinking?
(a) Under some rocks and leaves.
(b) They bury it in a hole.
(c) In Willie's attic.
(d) In an abandoned car.
13. What does Jim bring on the train uptown to break his boredom?
(a) A novel.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A sports magazine.
(d) A deck of cards.
14. What does Jim think a requirement seems to be for attending Communist Party meetings?
(a) Being young.
(b) Being against the war.
(c) Being ugly.
(d) Being smart.
15. What does Jim tell the cop is the reason he ran when they approached him in the park?
(a) He was scared.
(b) He stole some basketballs.
(c) His friends ran.
(d) He broke into the Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim to to attend a Communist Party meeting with Bunty?
2. Why does Jim punch Larry out in the school trophy room?
3. Who stands up for Pedro about the teasing from Herbie about his parents?
4. Who gets beat in the winter of 1964 for cheating on a religion quiz?
5. Where does Jim have a summer job?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)