|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who blows his cool in the locker room at half time in the game against Horace Mann?
(d) Coach Doolittle.
2. Where is Brother G. reported to be when he doesn't return to school?
(c) New Jersey.
(d) Long Island.
3. Who does Jim go to Staten Island with?
(a) His parents.
(c) Tony and Yogi.
(d) Chris and Willie.
4. Why doesn't Mr. Doolittle give Jim any trouble for breaking rules in gym class?
(a) Mr. Doolittle is afraid of him.
(b) Mr. Doolittle does not notice when students break rules.
(c) Mr. Doolittle has given up on Jim.
(d) Mr. Doolittle is the basketball coach.
5. Who do Willie and Jim look for on the beach in Long Beach?
(a) Tom Miggrello.
(b) The Celia sisters.
(c) Tom McNulty.
(d) Benny Greenbaum.
6. Who do the cops tell Jim they are looking for in the park?
(a) A drug dealer.
(b) A guy who molested a little girl.
(c) Someone with a gun.
(d) One of his classmates.
7. Who gets beat in the winter of 1964 for cheating on a religion quiz?
(a) Mikey Benavisti.
8. Willie goes to the beach to wash what out of his hair?
9. Who stands up for Pedro about the teasing from Herbie about his parents?
(c) Pedro's big brother.
(d) Pedro's parents.
10. What do Jim and friends call the huge rock they jump off of in the Bronx?
(a) The huge rock.
(b) Big time.
(d) The cut.
11. Who does Jim offer a joint to in the winter of 1964?
(a) Some older teens hanging out at the basketball court.
(b) A group of homeless men in an alley.
(c) His mom.
(d) Freddie C.
12. What do Jim and Ronnie wear to Alexander's department store?
(a) Top hats.
(b) Baggy old coats.
(c) Baseball uniforms.
(d) School uniforms.
13. In the fall of 1964, what old friend of Jim's dies?
(a) Kevin Dolon.
(b) Bobby Sachs.
14. Where does Jim's basketball team go for the play-off series?
(a) The lower east side.
(c) Long Beach.
15. What does Jim tell the cop is the reason he ran when they approached him in the park?
(a) He was scared.
(b) His friends ran.
(c) He broke into the Park.
(d) He stole some basketballs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jim stay after school until 4:30 on the day of his friend's wake?
2. Why does a chorus of people laugh at Jim on a previous train ride?
3. What does Rudy the foreman do after he chases Jim to the ramp at Yankee Stadium?
4. How old is Jim, when the story begins?
5. What does Jim check the almanac for when he gets home from school?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)