|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a chorus of people laugh at Jim on a previous train ride?
(a) Someone tells him he looks like a girl.
(b) He gets his shirt stuck in the door.
(c) He falls out of his seat.
(d) The seat breaks in half when he sits.
2. What does Jim say his eyes feel like when sniffing cleaning fluid?
(a) A cloud.
(b) Bowling balls.
(c) A roaring fire.
3. How does Jim describe the guys in his new neighborhood?
4. Who do the cops tell Jim they are looking for in the park?
(a) A guy who molested a little girl.
(b) A drug dealer.
(c) One of his classmates.
(d) Someone with a gun.
5. What does Jim call the annual Thanksgiving fast at school?
(a) A big deal.
(b) An opportunity to bond with classmates.
(c) A farce.
(d) A good idea.
6. Where do Jim and his friends tell Danny's mom they got the basketballs they bring home?
(a) At a basketball game.
(b) At a yard sale.
(c) At a church bazaar.
(d) At a thrift store.
7. How old is Jim, when the story begins?
8. Where does Brother G. punish the student in class for cheating?
(a) In front of the class.
(b) In the coat closet.
(c) In the hall.
(d) In the principal's office.
9. Why does someone run for Brother Kenneth during Billy's seizure?
(a) He is related to Billy.
(b) He will say a prayer for him.
(c) He is the school nurse.
(d) He is used to handling them.
10. What does Jim check the almanac for when he gets home from school?
(a) Strange weather patterns over New York City.
(b) A horoscope that might indicate how his basketball season will go.
(c) When the next full moon will be.
(d) Any record of fits tossed in one class of thirty people in one half a school day.
11. Who do Willie and Jim look for on the beach in Long Beach?
(a) The Celia sisters.
(b) Benny Greenbaum.
(c) Tom Miggrello.
(d) Tom McNulty.
12. Where does Jim's basketball team go for the play-off series?
(b) The lower east side.
(d) Long Beach.
13. What do Jim and friends call the huge rock they jump off of in the Bronx?
(a) The cut.
(b) The huge rock.
(d) Big time.
14. In the fall of 1964, what old friend of Jim's dies?
(c) Bobby Sachs.
(d) Kevin Dolon.
15. Where does Jim have a summer job?
(a) At school.
(b) At Central Park.
(c) At the Boys' Club.
(d) At Yankee Stadium.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim go with his friends Kevin, Dolan, Yogi, Muffy, and Nardo Poo?
2. Where does Jim go after the game against Horace Mann?
3. What does Jim's gym class mainly do at Central Park?
4. Who does Jim say is a die-hard Marxist?
5. Who stops Jim in the bushes at Central Park?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)