|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jim and his friends use to attack girls on the eve of Halloween?
(a) Socks with flour.
(b) Baseball bats.
2. Who do the cops tell Jim they are looking for in the park?
(a) Someone with a gun.
(b) One of his classmates.
(c) A guy who molested a little girl.
(d) A drug dealer.
3. What does Jim check the almanac for when he gets home from school?
(a) A horoscope that might indicate how his basketball season will go.
(b) Strange weather patterns over New York City.
(c) When the next full moon will be.
(d) Any record of fits tossed in one class of thirty people in one half a school day.
4. Why does a chorus of people laugh at Jim on a previous train ride?
(a) Someone tells him he looks like a girl.
(b) He gets his shirt stuck in the door.
(c) The seat breaks in half when he sits.
(d) He falls out of his seat.
5. Who does Jim offer a joint to in the winter of 1964?
(a) Freddie C.
(b) Some older teens hanging out at the basketball court.
(c) His mom.
(d) A group of homeless men in an alley.
6. Who does the Boys' Club have a memorial service for?
(a) Bro. Wally Wade.
(b) Herbie Hemslie.
(c) Bro. Kenny.
(d) Teddy Rayhill.
7. How old is Jim, when the story begins?
8. Who does Jim's team play in the first game of the season?
(a) St. Patrick's.
(b) St. Luke's.
(c) St. Mary's.
(d) St. Hilda's.
9. Jim says, "I just want to be _____ and live in the _____."
10. What does Jim ask his mom for that makes her angry?
(a) To make him dinner.
(b) New clothes.
(d) Tickets to a baseball game.
11. Why does Jim stay after school until 4:30 on the day of his friend's wake?
(a) He has to clean desks for cutting class.
(b) There is a meeting for the basketball team.
(c) He is waiting for a ride home.
(d) He joins the math club.
12. What does Jim say Melody looks like?
(a) An antique doll.
(b) A bad dream.
(c) A model.
(d) A movie star.
13. What do Jim and Ronnie wear to Alexander's department store?
(a) School uniforms.
(b) Top hats.
(c) Baseball uniforms.
(d) Baggy old coats.
14. Where do Willie and Jim leave their pipe after their night of smoking and drinking?
(a) Under some rocks and leaves.
(b) They bury it in a hole.
(c) In an abandoned car.
(d) In Willie's attic.
15. What does Jim call the annual Thanksgiving fast at school?
(a) An opportunity to bond with classmates.
(b) A big deal.
(c) A good idea.
(d) A farce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim do on the eve of Halloween that leads to a beating?
2. What does Jim do after History classes on his first day of school?
3. How does Chris explain Willie's injury to the police officer who stops them?
4. Who gets beat in the winter of 1964 for cheating on a religion quiz?
5. What does the newspaper call Jim and his friends?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)