|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim call the annual Thanksgiving fast at school?
(a) A good idea.
(b) A big deal.
(c) A farce.
(d) An opportunity to bond with classmates.
2. Where does Jim have a summer job?
(a) At school.
(b) At Central Park.
(c) At the Boys' Club.
(d) At Yankee Stadium.
3. What animal does Jim say exemplifies presence?
4. Where does Brother G. punish the student in class for cheating?
(a) In front of the class.
(b) In the principal's office.
(c) In the coat closet.
(d) In the hall.
5. What does Jim say Melody looks like?
(a) A bad dream.
(b) An antique doll.
(c) A model.
(d) A movie star.
6. How does the school nurse solve most ailments, according to Jim?
(a) With a nap.
(b) With aspirin.
(c) With a Band-Aid.
(d) By sending students home.
7. Who gets beat in the winter of 1964 for cheating on a religion quiz?
(c) Mikey Benavisti.
8. Who does Jim say was gunned down at a ballroom near 163rd?
(a) Malcolm X.
(b) James Bond.
(c) Abe Lincoln.
(d) Wilt Chamberlain.
9. Who confronts Brother G. about his punishment in class?
(b) Brother Kenneth.
10. What does the old lady on the bus tell Jim will happen in a month?
(a) He will die.
(b) He will fall in love.
(c) She will see her grandchildren.
(d) The war will end.
11. Why does Jim stay after school until 4:30 on the day of his friend's wake?
(a) He has to clean desks for cutting class.
(b) He is waiting for a ride home.
(c) He joins the math club.
(d) There is a meeting for the basketball team.
12. What does Jim tell the cop is the reason he ran when they approached him in the park?
(a) He stole some basketballs.
(b) His friends ran.
(c) He broke into the Park.
(d) He was scared.
13. What does Jim's gym class mainly do at Central Park?
(b) Play touch football.
(d) Play soccer.
14. What is Jim's motivation for getting along with his cousin's friends in Manhattan?
(a) He is trying to impress his cousin.
(b) His mom will give him money if he makes a new group of friends.
(c) His family is moving to their neighborhood, and he will finish the school year with them.
(d) He believes he can sell stolen goods to them.
15. What substance does Jim try that he thinks is non-addictive?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who at school does Jim decide to steal from?
2. Where does Jim's basketball team go for the play-off series?
3. Why does someone run for Brother Kenneth during Billy's seizure?
4. What does Jim call the apartment of Brian and John Browning?
5. Why does Jim call Chris the "spiller"?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)