|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Willie goes to the beach to wash what out of his hair?
2. Where does Jim to to attend a Communist Party meeting with Bunty?
(a) The Boys' Club.
(b) Webster Hall.
(c) Yankee Stadium.
(d) Bunty's house.
3. Why does Jim have trouble communicating to one of the police officers who stop him in the park?
(a) Jim is stoned.
(b) Jim is trying to talk to someone else at the same time.
(c) There is too much noise for them to hear each other.
(d) Steve doesn't speak English very well.
4. When does Jim say his parents go to church?
(c) When they are invited to weddings.
(d) Every Sunday.
5. What does Jim's mother say when he calls her from Tom Miggrello's party?
(a) "I'm glad you called."
(b) "You really did it this time."
(c) "You're drunk."
(d) "Who won the game?"
6. What do Jim and friends call the huge rock they jump off of in the Bronx?
(a) The cut.
(b) The huge rock.
(c) Big time.
7. How does Jim know Steve Malone?
(a) Steve is a friend of the family.
(b) They play on the same basketball courts.
(c) Steve was his little league coach.
(d) They are neighbors.
8. How does Jim play on a league out of his age range?
(a) Jim's birthday is close enought to the cut-off date.
(b) The coach gives him a fake birth certificate.
(c) Jim does not know his real age.
(d) His position on the team is based on his skills.
9. Who does Jim say was gunned down at a ballroom near 163rd?
(a) Wilt Chamberlain.
(b) Abe Lincoln.
(c) James Bond.
(d) Malcolm X.
10. Which friend does not manage to get a seat on the train?
11. Who does Jim say is a die-hard Marxist?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His father.
(c) Steve Malone
(d) Bunty Garden.
12. Who blows his cool in the locker room at half time in the game against Horace Mann?
(d) Coach Doolittle.
13. What does Jim say his eyes feel like when sniffing cleaning fluid?
(b) A cloud.
(c) A roaring fire.
(d) Bowling balls.
14. What does Jim do on the eve of Halloween that leads to a beating?
(a) He gets caught stealing.
(b) He pukes on the new rug.
(c) He breaks his curfew.
(d) He breaks windows.
15. Who does Jim see by surprise on the "most crowded corner in the Bronx"?
(a) Two brothers from school.
(b) An ex-girlfriends.
(c) Freddie C. from his old neighborhood.
(d) His parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Jim say his dead friend looks?
2. Who helps Jim and Brian find codeine?
3. In the fall of 1964, what old friend of Jim's dies?
4. What does Rudy the foreman do after he chases Jim to the ramp at Yankee Stadium?
5. Where does Jim go with his friends Kevin, Dolan, Yogi, Muffy, and Nardo Poo?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)