|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jim see by surprise on the "most crowded corner in the Bronx"?
(a) An ex-girlfriends.
(b) Freddie C. from his old neighborhood.
(c) His parents.
(d) Two brothers from school.
2. Who does Jim talk to about what he learns at the Communist Party meeting?
(a) His dad.
(b) His principal.
(c) His mom.
(d) His neighbor.
3. What does Melody say about marijuana users?
(a) They are a waste of time.
(b) There is a time and a place for what they do.
(c) They do strange things.
(d) They frighten her.
4. Why does Jim get three raps across the hand at school?
(a) For putting his elbows on the table at lunch.
(b) For getting a D for effort.
(c) For talking back to a teacher.
(d) For throwing bricks.
5. Where does Brother G. punish the student in class for cheating?
(a) In the hall.
(b) In the coat closet.
(c) In the principal's office.
(d) In front of the class.
6. What do Jim and his team want to do after their victory at Riverdale?
(a) Break into an ice cream shop.
(b) Play a prank on Riverdale.
(c) Start a fight with some Riverdale fans.
(d) Get drunk, do reefer, and sniff glue.
7. What does Jim call the apartment of Brian and John Browning?
(b) The Place.
(d) The Browning.
8. Who do the cops tell Jim they are looking for in the park?
(a) A guy who molested a little girl.
(b) A drug dealer.
(c) Someone with a gun.
(d) One of his classmates.
9. Jim says, "I just want to be _____ and live in the _____."
10. What TV show do Willie and Jim make fun of at their party in the woods?
(a) The Lone Ranger.
(b) The Addams Family.
(d) The Galloping Gourmet.
11. Willie goes to the beach to wash what out of his hair?
12. What is Jim's motivation for getting along with his cousin's friends in Manhattan?
(a) He believes he can sell stolen goods to them.
(b) His mom will give him money if he makes a new group of friends.
(c) His family is moving to their neighborhood, and he will finish the school year with them.
(d) He is trying to impress his cousin.
13. Who confronts Brother G. about his punishment in class?
(a) Brother Kenneth.
14. Who does the Boys' Club have a memorial service for?
(a) Teddy Rayhill.
(b) Bro. Wally Wade.
(c) Bro. Kenny.
(d) Herbie Hemslie.
15. Where does Jim have a summer job?
(a) At Central Park.
(b) At Yankee Stadium.
(c) At school.
(d) At the Boys' Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What specialty does Jim say crooks on the Lower East Side have in common?
2. Who gets upset when Jim answers questions in class with, "Yah," instead of, "Yes, sir?"
3. What do Jim and Ronnie wear to Alexander's department store?
4. How does the school nurse solve most ailments, according to Jim?
5. Who does Fat Eddie introduce Jim to when he arrives at his house?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)