Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Part 1
1. Why does Lefty leave his players in the Bronx?
2. Why does Pedro stay home from the basketball game?
3. Why does Jim predict a gang war soon?
4. Compare Jim's basketball team to the team at Riverdale High.
5. Why does Jim dread returning to a Catholic school?
6. Why is Chris's story about Willie's injury unlikely?
Short Essay Question - Part 2
7. Why does Jim get out of saying confession in the winter of 1964?
This section contains 843 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)