|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim know Steve Malone?
(a) Steve is a friend of the family.
(b) They play on the same basketball courts.
(c) They are neighbors.
(d) Steve was his little league coach.
2. What does Jim say his eyes feel like when sniffing cleaning fluid?
(a) A cloud.
(b) Bowling balls.
(c) A roaring fire.
3. Why does Jim get three raps across the hand at school?
(a) For throwing bricks.
(b) For talking back to a teacher.
(c) For getting a D for effort.
(d) For putting his elbows on the table at lunch.
4. What does Jim do on the eve of Halloween that leads to a beating?
(a) He pukes on the new rug.
(b) He breaks windows.
(c) He breaks his curfew.
(d) He gets caught stealing.
5. Who does Jim eventually give a joint to in the winter of 1964?
(a) Some older teens hanging out at the basketball court.
(b) An older guy who had been in the Army.
(d) His mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim play on a league out of his age range?
2. Who applauds for Jim after he jumps into the Harlem River?
3. Where does Jim go with his friends Kevin, Dolan, Yogi, Muffy, and Nardo Poo?
4. How does the school nurse solve most ailments, according to Jim?
5. What does Jim call the annual Thanksgiving fast at school?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)