|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim have trouble communicating to one of the police officers who stop him in the park?
(a) Jim is stoned.
(b) Jim is trying to talk to someone else at the same time.
(c) Steve doesn't speak English very well.
(d) There is too much noise for them to hear each other.
2. Why doesn't Mr. Doolittle give Jim any trouble for breaking rules in gym class?
(a) Mr. Doolittle has given up on Jim.
(b) Mr. Doolittle is the basketball coach.
(c) Mr. Doolittle is afraid of him.
(d) Mr. Doolittle does not notice when students break rules.
3. What does Jim check the almanac for when he gets home from school?
(a) When the next full moon will be.
(b) Strange weather patterns over New York City.
(c) A horoscope that might indicate how his basketball season will go.
(d) Any record of fits tossed in one class of thirty people in one half a school day.
4. What does Jim consume to make the trip to Long Island to see Fat Eddie bearable?
(a) A bag of potato chips.
(b) A pack of beer.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) Two bottles of cough syrup.
5. What does Jim's mother say when he calls her from Tom Miggrello's party?
(a) "Who won the game?"
(b) "You really did it this time."
(c) "I'm glad you called."
(d) "You're drunk."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jim eventually give a joint to in the winter of 1964?
2. Where do Willie and Jim leave their pipe after their night of smoking and drinking?
3. Who do Willie and Jim look for on the beach in Long Beach?
4. In the spring of 1964, where does Jim spend summer nights alone?
5. Who stands up for Pedro about the teasing from Herbie about his parents?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)