|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim do on the eve of Halloween that leads to a beating?
(a) He gets caught stealing.
(b) He breaks his curfew.
(c) He breaks windows.
(d) He pukes on the new rug.
2. Who does the Boys' Club have a memorial service for?
(a) Bro. Wally Wade.
(b) Teddy Rayhill.
(c) Herbie Hemslie.
(d) Bro. Kenny.
3. How old is Jim, when the story begins?
4. How does Chris explain Willie's injury to the police officer who stops them?
(a) He says they found him that way.
(b) He says he fell down some stairs.
(c) He says it was a sledding accident.
(d) He says he was attacked by a dog.
5. Who stands up for Pedro about the teasing from Herbie about his parents?
(b) Pedro's big brother.
(d) Pedro's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jim's motivation for getting along with his cousin's friends in Manhattan?
2. How does Jim describe the guys in his new neighborhood?
3. What does the newspaper call Jim and his friends?
4. Who gets beat in the winter of 1964 for cheating on a religion quiz?
5. What does Jim check the almanac for when he gets home from school?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)