|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What specialty does Jim say crooks on the Lower East Side have in common?
(b) Breaking into cars.
(c) Being sneaky.
(d) Snatching handbags off ladies.
2. What does Jim say his eyes feel like when sniffing cleaning fluid?
(a) Bowling balls.
(b) A cloud.
(d) A roaring fire.
3. What do Jim and his friends use to attack girls on the eve of Halloween?
(b) Baseball bats.
(c) Socks with flour.
4. What is Jim's motivation for getting along with his cousin's friends in Manhattan?
(a) He believes he can sell stolen goods to them.
(b) His family is moving to their neighborhood, and he will finish the school year with them.
(c) He is trying to impress his cousin.
(d) His mom will give him money if he makes a new group of friends.
5. When does Jim say his parents go to church?
(a) Every Sunday.
(b) When they are invited to weddings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confronts Brother G. about his punishment in class?
2. Who does Jim eventually give a joint to in the winter of 1964?
3. How does Chris explain Willie's injury to the police officer who stops them?
4. What does Jim bring on the train uptown to break his boredom?
5. Why does Jim get three raps across the hand at school?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)