|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Jim and his friends laugh during the giant fire on Second Ave.?
(a) Jim has just tripped.
(b) They are telling jokes about the basketball coach.
(c) The pizza man is on his knees begging the firefighters not to break his windows.
(d) There is a clown running down the street.
2. In the fall of 1963, who is the neighbor taken away for mental health problems?
(a) Bill Russell.
(b) Steve McQueen.
(d) Mrs. McNulty.
3. How does the school nurse solve most ailments, according to Jim?
(a) With aspirin.
(b) By sending students home.
(c) With a Band-Aid.
(d) With a nap.
4. Who does Jim offer a joint to in the winter of 1964?
(a) His mom.
(b) A group of homeless men in an alley.
(c) Freddie C.
(d) Some older teens hanging out at the basketball court.
5. How does Jim describe the guys in his new neighborhood?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does someone run for Brother Kenneth during Billy's seizure?
2. What do Jim and his friends use to attack girls on the eve of Halloween?
3. Who confronts Brother G. about his punishment in class?
4. What is Jim's motivation for getting along with his cousin's friends in Manhattan?
5. What does Jim do on the eve of Halloween that leads to a beating?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)