|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What substance does Jim try that he thinks is non-addictive?
2. What specialty does Jim say crooks on the Lower East Side have in common?
(a) Being sneaky.
(c) Snatching handbags off ladies.
(d) Breaking into cars.
3. Who does the Boys' Club have a memorial service for?
(a) Herbie Hemslie.
(b) Bro. Kenny.
(c) Bro. Wally Wade.
(d) Teddy Rayhill.
4. What is Jim required to do at school once a month?
(a) Give an oral report.
(b) Volunteer work.
(c) Go to confession.
(d) Meet with the principal.
5. Who does Jim eventually give a joint to in the winter of 1964?
(b) Some older teens hanging out at the basketball court.
(c) His mom.
(d) An older guy who had been in the Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the fall of 1963, who is the neighbor taken away for mental health problems?
2. Why do Jim and his friends laugh during the giant fire on Second Ave.?
3. What is Jim's motivation for getting along with his cousin's friends in Manhattan?
4. Who does Jim offer a joint to in the winter of 1964?
5. What does Jim ask his mom for that makes her angry?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)