|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jim eventually give a joint to in the winter of 1964?
(a) Some older teens hanging out at the basketball court.
(c) An older guy who had been in the Army.
(d) His mom.
2. In the fall of 1963, who is the neighbor taken away for mental health problems?
(a) Bill Russell.
(c) Steve McQueen.
(d) Mrs. McNulty.
3. Who does Jim offer a joint to in the winter of 1964?
(a) A group of homeless men in an alley.
(b) Freddie C.
(c) Some older teens hanging out at the basketball court.
(d) His mom.
4. Why does Jim call Chris the "spiller"?
(a) Chris pretends to be drunk but pours out most of the drinks.
(b) Chris's last name rhymes with "spiller."
(c) Chris knocks things over when he is drunk.
(d) Everyone else calls him that.
5. What does Jim bring on the train uptown to break his boredom?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A novel.
(c) A sports magazine.
(d) A deck of cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Boys' Club have a memorial service for?
2. Why do Jim and his friends laugh during the giant fire on Second Ave.?
3. Where is Brother G. reported to be when he doesn't return to school?
4. How does Chris explain Willie's injury to the police officer who stops them?
5. What specialty does Jim say crooks on the Lower East Side have in common?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)