|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Brother G. reported to be when he doesn't return to school?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) Long Island.
2. Why does Jim call Chris the "spiller"?
(a) Everyone else calls him that.
(b) Chris's last name rhymes with "spiller."
(c) Chris pretends to be drunk but pours out most of the drinks.
(d) Chris knocks things over when he is drunk.
3. Who does Jim eventually give a joint to in the winter of 1964?
(a) An older guy who had been in the Army.
(b) Some older teens hanging out at the basketball court.
(c) His mom.
4. Why do Jim and his friends laugh during the giant fire on Second Ave.?
(a) There is a clown running down the street.
(b) They are telling jokes about the basketball coach.
(c) The pizza man is on his knees begging the firefighters not to break his windows.
(d) Jim has just tripped.
5. What specialty does Jim say crooks on the Lower East Side have in common?
(a) Snatching handbags off ladies.
(c) Being sneaky.
(d) Breaking into cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What substance does Jim try that he thinks is non-addictive?
2. How does Chris explain Willie's injury to the police officer who stops them?
3. Who does Jim plan to get drunk with in his new neighborhood?
4. What does Jim bring on the train uptown to break his boredom?
5. What is Jim required to do at school once a month?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)