|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Jim and his friends laugh during the giant fire on Second Ave.?
(a) They are telling jokes about the basketball coach.
(b) There is a clown running down the street.
(c) Jim has just tripped.
(d) The pizza man is on his knees begging the firefighters not to break his windows.
2. Who does Jim go to Staten Island with?
(b) Chris and Willie.
(c) Tony and Yogi.
(d) His parents.
3. What do Jim and Ronnie wear to Alexander's department store?
(a) School uniforms.
(b) Top hats.
(c) Baggy old coats.
(d) Baseball uniforms.
4. Why does someone run for Brother Kenneth during Billy's seizure?
(a) He is used to handling them.
(b) He will say a prayer for him.
(c) He is the school nurse.
(d) He is related to Billy.
5. Where does Brother G. punish the student in class for cheating?
(a) In the coat closet.
(b) In the principal's office.
(c) In the hall.
(d) In front of the class.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Brother G. reported to be when he doesn't return to school?
2. Why does Jim get three raps across the hand at school?
3. Who does Jim offer a joint to in the winter of 1964?
4. In the fall of 1963, who is the neighbor taken away for mental health problems?
5. Who does Jim eventually give a joint to in the winter of 1964?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)