|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Jim and his friends laugh during the giant fire on Second Ave.?
(a) They are telling jokes about the basketball coach.
(b) There is a clown running down the street.
(c) Jim has just tripped.
(d) The pizza man is on his knees begging the firefighters not to break his windows.
2. How does Chris explain Willie's injury to the police officer who stops them?
(a) He says he was attacked by a dog.
(b) He says it was a sledding accident.
(c) He says they found him that way.
(d) He says he fell down some stairs.
3. Where is Brother G. reported to be when he doesn't return to school?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) Long Island.
4. Where does Jim's basketball team go for the play-off series?
(c) The lower east side.
(d) Long Beach.
5. What does Jim check the almanac for when he gets home from school?
(a) A horoscope that might indicate how his basketball season will go.
(b) When the next full moon will be.
(c) Strange weather patterns over New York City.
(d) Any record of fits tossed in one class of thirty people in one half a school day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What TV show do Willie and Jim make fun of at their party in the woods?
2. Jim says, "I just want to be _____ and live in the _____."
3. How does Jim describe the guys in his new neighborhood?
4. In the spring of 1964, who does Jim describe as a saint?
5. Who does Jim see by surprise on the "most crowded corner in the Bronx"?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)