• Jim is about to play in his first organized basketball league game.
• Jim and his friends often travel uptown, where they work in teams to snatch pocketbooks.
• After a game in the Bronx, the boys head back to their neighborhood, where they spend the rest of the evening getting drunk and high.
• Jim's family moves to the upper tip of Manhattan, and he finds himself back in Catholic school.
• At school, Jim is forced to make confession, even though he does not know what to do.
• While his grades are not a problem, the teachers say that he does not make enough of an effort, and so he is punished.
• Jim describes his first experience with heroin.
• At school, Mike Benavisti, one of Jim's classmates is having trouble with Brother G., a teacher notorious for bringing boys into a closet for punishment.
• Jim is able to find only one boy...
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)