Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Arabin meet with in London to discuss his struggle with the Bishop?
2. At the Thorne's party,who does Mrs. Proudie suggest has a chance to become the new Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
3. Who says they were "never so happy in their (lives)"?
4. What does the Archdeacon tell Mr. Arabin about his wedding?
5. Why does Eleanor wake up early the morning after the engagement?
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this novel often traveled between London and Barchester. Who resides in which city? What takes place in each city? What does each city represent? Compare and contrast the cities and explain their roles in the development of the characters, plot, and conflict between liberal and conservative factions of the church.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the upper classes of Barchester to the lower classes. What represents the divide? How does each respond to the conflicts happening in the church? What happens at the Thornes' party? How does this novel feel about the class divide?
Essay Topic 3
Eleanor is used by several characters. Who tries to use Eleanor to meet their own ends? How do they do this and what are the results? What does Eleanor represent in the novel? Why is it significant that no one successfully uses Eleanor for their own gain? What is Eleanor's purpose in "Barchester Towers"?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)