Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Arabin meet with in London to discuss his struggle with the Bishop?
2. At the Thorne's party,who does Mrs. Proudie suggest has a chance to become the new Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
3. Who says they were "never so happy in their (lives)"?
4. What does the Archdeacon tell Mr. Arabin about his wedding?
5. Why does Eleanor wake up early the morning after the engagement?
Describe the relationship between the Bishop and his wife. How is power reflected in the couple? How do they impact the other characters and the plot of "Barchester Towers"? What makes their relationship fit in with the themes of power struggle and conflict? Use specific examples from the text to support your ideas.
Eleanor is used by several characters. Who tries to use Eleanor to meet their own ends? How do they do this and what are the results? What does Eleanor represent in the novel? Why is it significant that no one successfully uses Eleanor for their own gain? What is Eleanor's purpose in "Barchester Towers"?
How does Trollope use the Lookalofts to make a social commentary? What is he saying about the people of Barchester? How do other characters' interactions with the Lookalofts add to his commentary? What makes this a significant and useful device?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)