|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says they were "never so happy in their (lives)"?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(c) Dr. Harding.
(d) The Bishop.
2. How is Mr. Arabin's new job as Dean toasted?
(a) With a trip to Plumstead.
(b) With champagne.
(c) With bumpers of claret.
(d) With a quiet dinner.
3. Why does Mrs. Proudie say that Mr. Slope will be fired?
(a) Because the people of Barchester voted him out.
(b) Because he has a poor work ethic.
(c) Because he wants to be Dean.
(d) Because of his relationship with the signora.
4. What does Bertie do as his father yells at him after the Thornes' party?
(a) He walks away.
(b) He draws.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He cries.
5. Who upstages the signora's entrance at the Thorne's party?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) The Lookalofts.
(d) Countess de Courcy.
Short Answer Questions
1. After talking with Mr. Arabin at the Thorne's party, how does the signora feel about Mr. Arabin?
2. How does Eleanor feel about Charlotte now that she is engaged?
3. How does Eleanor feel about the Stanhopes at the end of Chapter 42?
4. What reason is given to Mr. Slope for his firing?
5. Why is Bertie supposed to propose to Eleanor?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)