|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the signora tell Eleanor at their meeting?
(a) That Dr. Stanhope loves her.
(b) That Bertie loves her.
(c) That Mr. Arabin loves her.
(d) That Mr. Slope loves her.
2. What makes Miss Thorne want to set up Mr. Arabin and Eleanor?
(a) Rumors about Mr. Arabin and the signora.
(b) Eleanor asks for her help.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She hopes Eleanor will give her money.
3. At the Thorne's party, what does Mr. Slope do when Eleanor tries to be alone?
(a) He watches her from a distance.
(b) He leaves her alone.
(c) He follows her.
(d) He makes fun of her.
4. Who is suggested to Eleanor as a person to defend her honor?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) Mr. Arabin.
(c) Dr. Harding.
5. After talking with Mr. Arabin at the Thorne's party, how does the signora feel about Mr. Arabin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is invited to the Thorne's party in Chapter 35?
2. Who does the Archdeacon fear will become the new Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
3. Who describes Mr. Arabin as being "noble and good and high-minded"?
4. How does the Archdeacon describe Eleanor and Mr. Arabin?
5. Who does Dr. Gwynne support for wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eleanor tell her father after the Thorne's party?
2. What does Mr. Slope do in Chapter 32 to try to become Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
3. When the Archdeacon runs into Mrs. Quiverful in Chapter 50, what does he say to her?
4. Why does Charlotte suggest Bertie as a good person to defend Eleanor's honor?
5. How does the wardenship appointment affect Dr. Gwynne?
6. What does the game of quintain mean to the Thornes?
7. What things does Mr. Arabin do when he goes to London in Chapter 34?
8. What happens in Chapter 39 when the Lookalofts join the upper class party?
9. When Mr. Slope visits in Chapter 46, what does the signora do to scare him away?
10. Why does Mr. Arabin talk to the signora at the Thorne's party?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)