|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What article does Mr. Slope threaten to write?
(a) One in support of Mr. Arabin.
(b) One in support of the Bishop.
(c) One against Barchester Cathedral.
(d) One against Mrs. Proudie.
2. What does Bertie do as his father yells at him after the Thornes' party?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He cries.
(c) He draws.
(d) He walks away.
3. What does Eleanor do when Mr. Slope declares his love?
(a) She returns the feeling.
(b) She laughs at him.
(c) She cries.
(d) She slaps his face.
4. Who does Eleanor run into after leaving the Thornes' party?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) Mr. Arabin.
5. Who describes Mr. Arabin as being "noble and good and high-minded"?
(b) Dr. Harding.
(d) Mrs. Bold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up whispering the name of Mr. Arabin to a "distinguished person" in regards to the deanery?
2. How long does Miss Thorne think it will take for Mr. Arabin to propose to Eleanor?
3. What does the Archdeacon tell Mr. Arabin about his wedding?
4. Who does Eleanor want to move in with her?
5. How many possible candidates for the deanery does the Prime Minister consider?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Chapter 39 when the Lookalofts join the upper class party?
2. Why doesn't Eleanor want to tell the Archdeacon about her engagement to Mr. Arabin?
3. Why does Miss Thorne feel Eleanor would be a good wife for Mr. Arabin?
4. Why do the conservatives of Barchester fear that Mr. Slope will become the next Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
5. Why does Dr. Harding feel he is a poor candidate for the deanery?
6. Why does Mr. Arabin talk to the signora at the Thorne's party?
7. When Mr. Slope visits in Chapter 46, what does the signora do to scare him away?
8. Why does Dr. Harding visit Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 52?
9. In Chapter 45, why do Bertie and his father argue and what is the result?
10. How does Mrs. Proudie try to humiliate Mr. Slope in Chapter 51?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)