|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dr. Gwynne support for wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(c) Dr. Harding.
(d) Mr. Quiverful.
2. How does Eleanor feel about Charlotte now that she is engaged?
(a) She misses Charlotte.
(b) She wants Charlotte to apologize to her.
(c) She feels she does not need Charlotte.
(d) She still feels hurt by Charlotte.
3. How long does Miss Thorne think it will take for Mr. Arabin to propose to Eleanor?
(a) Exactly 5 months.
(b) Over a year.
(c) A few months to a year.
(d) A couple of weeks.
4. Where does Bertie leave for?
(a) The Thorne estate.
(c) Eleanor's house.
5. Why does Mr. Slope quickly return to town at the end of Chapter 40?
(a) He couldn't be near Eleanor.
(b) He was tired.
(c) He was feeling ignored at the party.
(d) The Dean has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Stanhopes go before Eleanor's wedding?
2. What does Mr. Arabin tell the Archdeacon about Eleanor in Chapter 34?
3. Who is invited to the Thorne's party in Chapter 35?
4. What reason is given to Mr. Slope for his firing?
5. What does the Archdeacon tell Mr. Arabin about his wedding?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)