|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mr. Slope planning on working?
(a) A church in London.
(b) At a newspaper in London.
(c) At Mr. Quiverful's old church.
(d) At Hiram's Hospital.
2. Who tells the Archdeacon about Eleanor's marriage plans?
(a) Dr. Harding.
(b) Mr. Arabin.
(c) The signora.
3. Why are the tenant farmers angry with the Lookalofts?
(a) They are breaking up their family.
(b) They tricked the Thornes.
(c) They joined the upper class party.
(d) They sold their farm.
4. How does Eleanor feel about the Stanhopes at the end of Chapter 42?
(a) She feels confused.
(b) She feels used.
(c) She feels afraid.
(d) She feels welcome.
5. Where does Bertie leave for?
(a) Eleanor's house.
(b) The Thorne estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Mrs. Thorne want to play at the party?
2. In Chapter 33, who is Eleanor anxious to forgive?
3. Who upstages the signora's entrance at the Thorne's party?
4. Who ends up whispering the name of Mr. Arabin to a "distinguished person" in regards to the deanery?
5. Where does the Bishop visit with the Archbishop to discuss the deanery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Archdeacon give everyone gifts on the day of Mr. Arabin and Eleanor's wedding?
2. When Mr. Slope visits in Chapter 46, what does the signora do to scare him away?
3. What does Mr. Slope do in Chapter 32 to try to become Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
4. In Chapter 45, why do Bertie and his father argue and what is the result?
5. What role does the Prime Minister play in the position of Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
6. What happens to Mr. Slope in London after being fired in Barchester?
7. When the Archdeacon runs into Mrs. Quiverful in Chapter 50, what does he say to her?
8. Why doesn't Eleanor want to tell the Archdeacon about her engagement to Mr. Arabin?
9. Why does Miss Thorne feel Eleanor would be a good wife for Mr. Arabin?
10. How does the wardenship appointment affect Dr. Gwynne?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)