|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes against the Thorne's wishes at their party?
(a) The Lookalofts.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(c) The Stanhopes.
(d) The Proudies.
2. In Chapter 33, who is Eleanor anxious to forgive?
(a) Charlotte Stanhope.
(b) Bertie Stanhope.
(c) Mr. Slope.
(d) Mr. Arabin.
3. How long does it take Mr. Arabin and Eleanor to announce their engagement?
(a) A few days.
(b) A few hours.
(c) A few months.
(d) A few weeks.
4. What does Mr. Slope want to do before word gets out about the Bishop's appointment of wardenship?
(a) Write the signora.
(b) Visit London.
(c) Ask Eleanor to marry him.
(d) Stop the appointment.
5. Who upstages the signora's entrance at the Thorne's party?
(a) Countess de Courcy.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(c) The Lookalofts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is offered the position of Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
2. Who does Dr. Harding suggest for the deanery?
3. At the Thorne's party,who does Mrs. Proudie suggest has a chance to become the new Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
4. Why does Eleanor wake up early the morning after the engagement?
5. Who writes Eleanor a letter in Chapter 44?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Archdeacon give everyone gifts on the day of Mr. Arabin and Eleanor's wedding?
2. What does the game of quintain mean to the Thornes?
3. What does Eleanor tell her father after the Thorne's party?
4. What role does Dr. Harding play in helping Mr. Arabin become Dean?
5. What character does the author side with in regards to religion, and why?
6. Why doesn't Eleanor want to tell the Archdeacon about her engagement to Mr. Arabin?
7. What does the Archdeacon convince Dr. Harding to do in Chapter 47?
8. How does Eleanor respond when Mr. Slope follows her at the Thorne's party?
9. When Mr. Slope visits in Chapter 46, what does the signora do to scare him away?
10. When the Archdeacon runs into Mrs. Quiverful in Chapter 50, what does he say to her?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)