|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fires Mr. Slope?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) The Bishop.
(c) Mr. Slope quits.
(d) The Archbishop.
2. Who upstages the signora's entrance at the Thorne's party?
(a) The Lookalofts.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(c) Countess de Courcy.
3. What new job does the Bishop take on?
(a) The position of Archbishop.
(b) Curate in a church.
(c) He retires.
(d) A post in the House of Lords.
4. Who says: "I like everything old-fashioned"?
(a) Mr. Arabin.
(c) Miss Thorne.
(d) Mrs. Bold.
5. Who is appointed warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Mr. Quiverful.
(b) Dr. Harding.
(c) Mr. Slope.
(d) Mr. Stanhope.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mr. Arabin informed of his position as Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
2. What game does Mrs. Thorne want to play at the party?
3. Where is the party in Chapter 33?
4. Who does the Archdeacon fear will become the new Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
5. After appointing a new warden, how do the Proudies act with each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 45, why do Bertie and his father argue and what is the result?
2. Why does Mr. Arabin talk to the signora at the Thorne's party?
3. What does the game of quintain mean to the Thornes?
4. How do the Lookalofts go against the wishes of the Thornes at their party?
5. Why doesn't Eleanor want to tell the Archdeacon about her engagement to Mr. Arabin?
6. How does Eleanor describe her love for Mr. Arabin in Chapter 49?
7. How does the wardenship appointment affect Dr. Gwynne?
8. Why does the Archdeacon give everyone gifts on the day of Mr. Arabin and Eleanor's wedding?
9. Why does Miss Thorne feel Eleanor would be a good wife for Mr. Arabin?
10. What factors make Mr. Arabin an agreeable candidate for Eleanor according to Dr. Harding?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)