|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does "Barchester Towers" begin?
2. Why does Mr. Slope discuss the position of warden with Dr. Harding?
(a) He wants the position himself.
(b) He wants Dr. Harding to accept the position.
(c) He wants Dr. Harding to take his job seriously.
(d) He wants Dr. Harding to reject the position.
3. What does the Archdeacon say will happen if Mr. Slope marries Eleanor?
(a) They will have to move far away.
(b) Mr. Slope will never be welcome in the family.
(c) Mr. Slope will have to get a new job.
(d) Mr. Slope will have to find the hidden money.
4. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
(a) She approves of it.
(b) She wants to teach it.
(c) She has no opinion.
(d) She disapproves of it.
5. Who becomes warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Dr. Harding.
(b) Mr. Quiverful.
(c) Mr. Stanhope.
(d) Mr. Slope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Arabin meet at a party at the Stanhope's in Chapter 24?
2. How does Mr. Arabin feel about reform in the church?
3. What do the men do when Dr. Harding and Eleanor visit the Archdeacon?
4. What angers Mrs. Proudie at the party in Chapter 11?
5. After Mr. Arabin's first sermon, how do the people feel about him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the Stanhope's children.
2. What does the Archdeacon tell Eleanor about her relationship with Mr. Slope?
3. What does the Archdeacon discover when he does research following Mr. Slope's sermon?
4. What makes the evening at the Stanhopes in Chapter 19 complicated for Mr. Slope?
5. In Chapter 2, what does the bill Parliament passes mean to Hiram's Hospital?
6. How does Miss Thorne show that she is behind the times while having lunch with Mr. Arabin, the Archdeacon, and Eleanor?
7. Describe Mr. Slope's sermon in Chapter 6.
8. How does Eleanor's family react to the letter from Mr. Slope?
9. What does Mr. Slope write in his letter to Eleanor in Chapter 27?
10. What does Dr. Harding learn about the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14, and how does he respond?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)