|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enjoys meeting the signora?
(a) Mr. Proudie.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(d) Mrs. Proudie.
2. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
(a) Because the Proudies will be in London.
(b) Because he is more charismatic than the Proudies.
(c) Because the Proudies will give it to him.
(d) Because the Proudies don't act on their power.
3. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) The King.
(b) The Archdeacon.
(c) The Bishop.
4. Where do the Proudies go after Mr. Slope's sermon?
5. What do Mr. Stanhope and Charlotte discover about Bertie when they go through paperwork in Chapter 19?
(a) That he has come into money.
(b) That he has been seeing two women.
(c) That he has accumulated debt.
(d) That he is planning on moving again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Archdeacon feel about the Proudies when he meets them in Chapter 5?
2. Who does Mr. Slope visit to discuss the wardenship in Chapter 24?
3. In Chapter 6, who preaches at the church in Barchester as part of a challenge?
4. After being unable to arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding, what does Mr. Slope do?
5. Where does the Proudie family prefer to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what changes does Mr. Slope suggest for Hiram's Hospital?
2. What makes the evening at the Stanhopes in Chapter 19 complicated for Mr. Slope?
3. What happens when Mr. Slope visits with Eleanor Bold and Susan Grantly?
4. When Mrs. Proudie visits Mr. Slope in Chapter 17, what things does she tell him?
5. What does the Archdeacon tell Eleanor about her relationship with Mr. Slope?
6. What happens to Mr. Slope and Mrs. Proudie's relationship after discussing the wardenship in Chapter 26?
7. What role does Mr. Slope play in the Proudie's discussion of the wardenship position in Chapters 25 and 26?
8. What does the Archdeacon plan to do in terms of the wardenship at the end of Chapter 18?
9. Describe Mr. Arabin's history with religion.
10. Explain the relationship of power between Dr. Proudie, Mrs. Proudie, and Mr. Slope as described in Chapter 3.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)