|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Proudie feel after her visit with Mrs. Quiverful in Chapter 25?
2. How are the Thornes involved in the current political situation of Chapter 22?
(a) They side with the Church of England.
(b) They side with Parliament.
(c) They are trying out Communism.
(d) They are very behind the times.
3. What does the Archdeacon say will happen if Mr. Slope marries Eleanor?
(a) Mr. Slope will have to get a new job.
(b) Mr. Slope will never be welcome in the family.
(c) They will have to move far away.
(d) Mr. Slope will have to find the hidden money.
4. What makes Mr. Slope's relationship with the signora complicated?
(a) She is married.
(b) She is ill.
(c) She lives far away.
(d) She is disinterested in him.
5. Where is Mr. Slope a tutor?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Bishop confronts Mrs. Proudie about the position of warden, what happens?
2. In Chapter 3, who is described as controlling what Dr. Proudie does?
3. After being unable to arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding, what does Mr. Slope do?
4. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
5. How does Mrs. Quiverful get to the Proudie's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Harding learn about the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14, and how does he respond?
2. What happens when Mr. Slope visits with Eleanor Bold and Susan Grantly?
3. When the Proudies announce they are having a party in Chapter 10, what are some of the concerns their guests feel?
4. What do the Proudies, Mr. Slope, and the Archdeacon debate during their meeting in Chapter 5?
5. Briefly describe the Stanhope's children.
6. In Chapter 16, what role does Mrs. Proudie play in filling the wardenship?
7. In Chapter 2, what does the bill Parliament passes mean to Hiram's Hospital?
8. Describe Mr. Slope's sermon in Chapter 6.
9. How are the Thornes contrasted with the clergy of Barchester?
10. What surprises Eleanor about Mr. Arabin when they talk in Chapter 21?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)