|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Quiverful tell Mrs. Proudie about that makes Mrs. Proudie want to help her?
(a) The Quiverful's gambling debts.
(b) The Quiverful's sick son.
(c) The Quiverful's broken carriage.
(d) The Quiverful's poverty.
2. In Chapter 15, what does Charlotte try to convince Bertie to do?
(a) To move to Europe.
(b) To marry Eleanor.
(c) To bribe Mrs. Proudie.
(d) To get a steady job.
3. How is Mr. Arabin described in terms of his religion?
(a) A fierce debater.
(b) A rising star.
(c) A quiet preacher.
(d) A well-established author.
4. How are the Thornes involved in the current political situation of Chapter 22?
(a) They side with Parliament.
(b) They are trying out Communism.
(c) They side with the Church of England.
(d) They are very behind the times.
5. In Chapter 27, why can't Mr. Slope arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding?
(a) He denies Mr. Slope's invitation.
(b) He has work in London.
(c) He never gets the invitation.
(d) He is away at Plumstead.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people live in the Thorne household?
2. Who does the Archdeacon want as warden of Hiram's Hospital?
3. In Chapter 17, who does Mrs. Proudie want for the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
5. What does the Archdeacon feel he represents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mr. Slope visits with Eleanor Bold and Susan Grantly?
2. In Chapter 24, what happens between Mr. Slope and Mr. Quiverful in regards to the wardenship?
3. Briefly describe the Stanhope's children.
4. Describe Mr. Arabin's history with religion.
5. What makes the evening at the Stanhopes in Chapter 19 complicated for Mr. Slope?
6. How does Bertie act at the Proudie's party in Chapter 11?
7. In Chapter 12, what changes does Mr. Slope suggest for Hiram's Hospital?
8. How are the Thornes contrasted with the clergy of Barchester?
9. How does Mr. Arabin discover that he is in love with Eleanor?
10. In Chapter 2, what does the bill Parliament passes mean to Hiram's Hospital?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)