Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how are Mr. Slope's religious beliefs described?
(c) New age.
2. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
(a) They think Mr. Slope is a reformer.
(b) They think Mr. Slope is a fool.
(c) They haven't met Mr. Slope yet.
(d) They think Mr. Slope is old-fashioned.
3. In Chapter 17, what does Mrs. Proudie tell Mr. Slope her role is?
(a) The decider.
(b) The power behind the throne.
(c) The silent supporter.
(d) The unquestioned master.
4. In Chapter 24, who does the Archdeacon ask for help with the wardenship?
(a) Mr. Arabin.
(c) Mr. Slope.
(d) Dr. Gwynne.
5. What do the men do when Dr. Harding and Eleanor visit the Archdeacon?
(a) They stay home to talk.
(b) They discuss what to do about Mr. Arabin.
(c) They start plotting against Mr. Slope.
(d) They go to inspect the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Arabin respond when he hears that Eleanor might marry Mr. Slope?
2. What does Mr. Slope learn about Eleanor when he is visiting Mr. Quiverful?
3. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
4. What does the Archdeacon feel he represents?
5. Who does the Archdeacon want as warden of Hiram's Hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Harding learn about the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14, and how does he respond?
2. Why does Dr. Harding feel he is a poor candidate for the deanery?
3. What happens in Chapter 15 in regards to Mr. Slope and his role in filling the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
4. What factors make Mr. Arabin an agreeable candidate for Eleanor according to Dr. Harding?
5. In Chapter 24, what happens between Mr. Slope and Mr. Quiverful in regards to the wardenship?
6. What does the game of quintain mean to the Thornes?
7. How does the wardenship appointment affect Dr. Gwynne?
8. What happens when Mr. Arabin tells Mrs. Grantly about his engagement?
9. How does Eleanor's family react to the letter from Mr. Slope?
10. Why does Mr. Arabin talk to the signora at the Thorne's party?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)