|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dr. Proudie most associated with?
(a) Merchants and traders.
(b) Royal families and Parliament.
(c) Other doctors.
(d) Church goers and townspeople.
2. In Chapter 1, who dies?
(a) Dr. Grantly, Sr.
(b) The Archdeacon.
(c) Dr. Harding.
(d) Dr. Proudie.
3. How does Mr. Arabin feel when he stays with the Archdeacon?
(a) Alone and isolated.
(b) Intelligent and lucky.
(c) Worried and upset.
(d) Confident and powerful.
4. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
(a) She approves of it.
(b) She wants to teach it.
(c) She has no opinion.
(d) She disapproves of it.
5. When Eleanor talks to Bertie about Mr. Slope, what do they agree on?
(a) That Mr. Slope is not trustworthy.
(b) That Mr. Slope confuses them.
(c) That they will disagree about Mr. Slope.
(d) That Mr. Slope is right.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, who preaches at the church in Barchester as part of a challenge?
2. Who does Mr. Arabin meet at a party at the Stanhope's in Chapter 24?
3. How does Mrs. Quiverful get to the Proudie's?
4. What has Dr. Stanhope done while collecting his salary from the church?
5. Who agrees with Mr. Slope's opinions of the warden position in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Arabin discover that he is in love with Eleanor?
2. In Chapter 2, what does the bill Parliament passes mean to Hiram's Hospital?
3. In Chapter 1, what makes finding a new Bishop complicated?
4. In Chapter 16, what role does Mrs. Proudie play in filling the wardenship?
5. When Mrs. Proudie visits Mr. Slope in Chapter 17, what things does she tell him?
6. What surprises Eleanor about Mr. Arabin when they talk in Chapter 21?
7. How do Dr. Harding and Eleanor respond to each other when they discuss Sunday school in Chapter 13?
8. Explain the relationship of power between Dr. Proudie, Mrs. Proudie, and Mr. Slope as described in Chapter 3.
9. What does Dr. Harding learn about the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14, and how does he respond?
10. How does Miss Thorne show that she is behind the times while having lunch with Mr. Arabin, the Archdeacon, and Eleanor?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)