|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enjoys meeting the signora?
(a) Mr. Proudie.
(c) Mr. Slope.
(d) Mrs. Proudie.
2. What is the Archdeacon's home known as?
3. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
(a) That he convinced Dr. Harding to turn down the wardenship.
(b) That he wants the position of warden himself.
(c) That he is working to eliminate the position of warden.
(d) That he secretly raised the salary of the warden.
4. When it comes to the wardenship, who does the Bishop agree with at the end of Chapter 26?
(a) Mrs. Proudie.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(c) The Archdeacon.
(d) Mrs. Quiverful.
5. How does the Archdeacon feel about the Proudies when he meets them in Chapter 5?
(a) He has no opinion of them.
(b) He is unsure they will succeed.
(c) He approves of them.
(d) He disapproves of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Proudies go after Mr. Slope's sermon?
2. In Chapter 15, what does Charlotte try to convince Bertie to do?
3. What makes Mr. Slope's relationship with the signora complicated?
4. What makes the Archdeacon feel that Eleanor has disgraced herself?
5. How does Mr. Arabin feel about reform in the church?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 24, what happens between Mr. Slope and Mr. Quiverful in regards to the wardenship?
2. Briefly describe the Stanhope's children.
3. What happens to Mr. Slope and Mrs. Proudie's relationship after discussing the wardenship in Chapter 26?
4. How are the Thornes contrasted with the clergy of Barchester?
5. How does Eleanor's family react to the letter from Mr. Slope?
6. How does Mr. Arabin discover that he is in love with Eleanor?
7. Explain the relationship of power between Dr. Proudie, Mrs. Proudie, and Mr. Slope as described in Chapter 3.
8. What does Mr. Slope write in his letter to Eleanor in Chapter 27?
9. When the Proudies announce they are having a party in Chapter 10, what are some of the concerns their guests feel?
10. What do the Proudies, Mr. Slope, and the Archdeacon debate during their meeting in Chapter 5?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)