|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the party in Chapter 11, what do Bertie and the Bishop discuss?
(a) Religious conversions.
(b) Foreign currency.
(c) A new cathedral.
(d) Barchester's debt.
2. What do the Proudies do when they return from London in Chapter 10?
(a) Move to a new house.
(b) Confront the church officials.
(c) Invite the Stanhopes over.
(d) Throw a party.
3. Why does Mrs. Quiverful visit Mrs. Proudie?
(a) To get a recipe.
(b) To discuss the wardenship.
(c) To share some gossip.
(d) To plot against Mr. Slope.
4. What does the signora say that Mr. Slope must do to prove his love?
(a) Give the wardenship to Mr. Quiverful.
(b) Give up his ambitions.
(c) Challenge the Bishop for his title.
(d) Tell Eleanor about her.
5. How are the Archdeacon and Mr. Harding alike?
(a) They are both liberal.
(b) They are both preachers.
(c) They are both conservative.
(d) They are both only children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the Thornes involved in the current political situation of Chapter 22?
2. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
3. Why does Mr. Slope discuss the position of warden with Dr. Harding?
4. Who is first in the Harding family to learn that Dr. Harding has the wardenship?
5. How does Dr. Harding feel about Mr. Slope's romantic interest in Eleanor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Proudies, Mr. Slope, and the Archdeacon debate during their meeting in Chapter 5?
2. How does Mr. Arabin discover that he is in love with Eleanor?
3. In Chapter 24, what happens between Mr. Slope and Mr. Quiverful in regards to the wardenship?
4. What does Mr. Slope write in his letter to Eleanor in Chapter 27?
5. In Chapter 2, what does the bill Parliament passes mean to Hiram's Hospital?
6. What role does Mr. Slope play in the Proudie's discussion of the wardenship position in Chapters 25 and 26?
7. Describe Mr. Arabin's history with religion.
8. How does Eleanor's family react to the letter from Mr. Slope?
9. What surprises Eleanor about Mr. Arabin when they talk in Chapter 21?
10. What happens in Chapter 15 in regards to Mr. Slope and his role in filling the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)