|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the Thornes involved in the current political situation of Chapter 22?
(a) They are very behind the times.
(b) They are trying out Communism.
(c) They side with the Church of England.
(d) They side with Parliament.
2. How old is Mr. Arabin?
3. What do the Proudies do when they return from London in Chapter 10?
(a) Confront the church officials.
(b) Throw a party.
(c) Invite the Stanhopes over.
(d) Move to a new house.
4. Who becomes warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) Mr. Quiverful.
(c) Mr. Stanhope.
(d) Dr. Harding.
5. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) She agrees with him.
(b) She disagrees with him.
(c) She thought it was just a joke.
(d) She didn't hear the sermon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe the Thornes?
2. Who does Dr. Harding go to in order to discuss the issue of Sunday school?
3. How does Eleanor feel when she finds out that Mr. Arabin thinks she will marry Mr. Slope?
4. What do Mr. Stanhope and Charlotte discover about Bertie when they go through paperwork in Chapter 19?
5. How are the Thornes tied to Mr. Arabin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the relationship of power between Dr. Proudie, Mrs. Proudie, and Mr. Slope as described in Chapter 3.
2. How does Bertie act at the Proudie's party in Chapter 11?
3. What does the Archdeacon plan to do in terms of the wardenship at the end of Chapter 18?
4. What happens in Chapter 15 in regards to Mr. Slope and his role in filling the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
5. What happens when Mr. Slope visits with Eleanor Bold and Susan Grantly?
6. What makes the evening at the Stanhopes in Chapter 19 complicated for Mr. Slope?
7. In Chapter 24, what happens between Mr. Slope and Mr. Quiverful in regards to the wardenship?
8. What do the Proudies, Mr. Slope, and the Archdeacon debate during their meeting in Chapter 5?
9. In Chapter 16, what role does Mrs. Proudie play in filling the wardenship?
10. When Mrs. Proudie visits Mr. Slope in Chapter 17, what things does she tell him?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)