|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) She didn't hear the sermon.
(b) She disagrees with him.
(c) She agrees with him.
(d) She thought it was just a joke.
2. Who does Dr. Harding go to in order to discuss the issue of Sunday school?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(c) Mrs. Proudie.
(d) The Bishop.
3. In Chapter 26, who meets to discuss the wardenship?
(a) Mr. Slope and Mrs. Quiverful.
(b) Mr. Slope and Mrs. Proudie.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Proudie.
(d) The Proudies and Mr. Slope.
4. Who can go to Hiram's Hospital?
(b) Retired men.
(c) Ill statesmen.
(d) The mentally ill.
5. In Chapter 6, who preaches at the church in Barchester as part of a challenge?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) Dr. Harding.
(c) Mr. Proudie.
(d) Mr. Slope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eleanor think when Mr. Slope comes to visit her to show his support for her father as warden?
2. Who does the Archdeacon want as warden of Hiram's Hospital?
3. Why does Madeleine, "the signora", arrive late in Chapter 10?
4. How many children do the Stanhopes have?
5. Who agrees with Mr. Slope's opinions of the warden position in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eleanor's family react to the letter from Mr. Slope?
2. What do the Proudies, Mr. Slope, and the Archdeacon debate during their meeting in Chapter 5?
3. What does the Archdeacon plan to do in terms of the wardenship at the end of Chapter 18?
4. In Chapter 24, what happens between Mr. Slope and Mr. Quiverful in regards to the wardenship?
5. What happens when Mr. Slope visits with Eleanor Bold and Susan Grantly?
6. When Mrs. Proudie visits Mr. Slope in Chapter 17, what things does she tell him?
7. In Chapter 1, what makes finding a new Bishop complicated?
8. In Chapter 16, what role does Mrs. Proudie play in filling the wardenship?
9. What makes the evening at the Stanhopes in Chapter 19 complicated for Mr. Slope?
10. What does Mr. Slope write in his letter to Eleanor in Chapter 27?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)