|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the party in Chapter 11, what do Bertie and the Bishop discuss?
(a) A new cathedral.
(b) Barchester's debt.
(c) Religious conversions.
(d) Foreign currency.
2. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) She thought it was just a joke.
(b) She disagrees with him.
(c) She didn't hear the sermon.
(d) She agrees with him.
3. How many people live in the Thorne household?
4. How does Eleanor feel when she finds out that Mr. Arabin thinks she will marry Mr. Slope?
5. Where does the Proudie family prefer to live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enjoys meeting the signora?
2. In Chapter 27, why can't Mr. Slope arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding?
3. Who does the Archdeacon want as warden of Hiram's Hospital?
4. What makes Mr. Slope's relationship with the signora complicated?
5. In Chapter 1, who dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mrs. Proudie visits Mr. Slope in Chapter 17, what things does she tell him?
2. What does Dr. Harding learn about the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14, and how does he respond?
3. Describe Mr. Slope's sermon in Chapter 6.
4. Briefly describe the Stanhope's children.
5. How are the Thornes contrasted with the clergy of Barchester?
6. What happens to Mr. Slope and Mrs. Proudie's relationship after discussing the wardenship in Chapter 26?
7. What role does Mr. Slope play in the Proudie's discussion of the wardenship position in Chapters 25 and 26?
8. How does Bertie act at the Proudie's party in Chapter 11?
9. When the Proudies announce they are having a party in Chapter 10, what are some of the concerns their guests feel?
10. What makes the evening at the Stanhopes in Chapter 19 complicated for Mr. Slope?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)