|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the Thornes involved in the current political situation of Chapter 22?
(a) They are trying out Communism.
(b) They side with the Church of England.
(c) They side with Parliament.
(d) They are very behind the times.
2. What happens to the Archdeacon's meeting with the Bishop about the wardenship in Chapter 18?
(a) It was interrupted.
(b) It was denied.
(c) It was one-sided.
(d) It was delayed.
3. In Chapter 16, what causes a rift in Mr. Slope's relationship with Mrs. Proudie?
(a) The plans for the cathedral.
(b) The wardenship.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her friendship with Eleanor.
4. Who enjoys meeting the signora?
(b) Mr. Proudie.
(c) Mrs. Proudie.
(d) Mr. Slope.
5. What does Eleanor do in the morning at the end of Chapter 29?
(a) Finds a job.
(b) Writes a letter to Mr. Slope.
(c) Reads the newspaper.
(d) Packs her bags.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Proudies go after Mr. Slope's sermon?
2. Who gets the job of preaching at St. Ewolds?
3. How does Mrs. Quiverful get to the Proudie's?
4. Who does Mr. Arabin meet at a party at the Stanhope's in Chapter 24?
5. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mr. Slope visits with Eleanor Bold and Susan Grantly?
2. What does the Archdeacon plan to do in terms of the wardenship at the end of Chapter 18?
3. Describe Mr. Arabin's history with religion.
4. What does the Archdeacon tell Eleanor about her relationship with Mr. Slope?
5. How are the Thornes contrasted with the clergy of Barchester?
6. In Chapter 24, what happens between Mr. Slope and Mr. Quiverful in regards to the wardenship?
7. What does Dr. Harding learn about the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14, and how does he respond?
8. In Chapter 1, what makes finding a new Bishop complicated?
9. How do Dr. Harding and Eleanor respond to each other when they discuss Sunday school in Chapter 13?
10. Describe Mr. Slope's sermon in Chapter 6.
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)