|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
(a) That he secretly raised the salary of the warden.
(b) That he wants the position of warden himself.
(c) That he convinced Dr. Harding to turn down the wardenship.
(d) That he is working to eliminate the position of warden.
2. What makes Mr. Slope's relationship with the signora complicated?
(a) She is married.
(b) She is ill.
(c) She is disinterested in him.
(d) She lives far away.
3. In Chapter 26, who meets to discuss the wardenship?
(a) The Proudies and Mr. Slope.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Proudie.
(c) Mr. Slope and Mrs. Proudie.
(d) Mr. Slope and Mrs. Quiverful.
4. How many children do the Stanhopes have?
5. Where do the Proudies go after Mr. Slope's sermon?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Bishop confronts Mrs. Proudie about the position of warden, what happens?
2. At the party in Chapter 11, what do Bertie and the Bishop discuss?
3. How are the Thornes involved in the current political situation of Chapter 22?
4. In Chapter 1, what position needs to be filled?
5. How is Mr. Arabin described in terms of his religion?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does the bill Parliament passes mean to Hiram's Hospital?
2. Explain the relationship of power between Dr. Proudie, Mrs. Proudie, and Mr. Slope as described in Chapter 3.
3. In Chapter 1, what makes finding a new Bishop complicated?
4. What happens in Chapter 15 in regards to Mr. Slope and his role in filling the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
5. Describe Mr. Slope's sermon in Chapter 6.
6. What happens when Mr. Slope visits with Eleanor Bold and Susan Grantly?
7. What makes the evening at the Stanhopes in Chapter 19 complicated for Mr. Slope?
8. What do the Proudies, Mr. Slope, and the Archdeacon debate during their meeting in Chapter 5?
9. When Mrs. Proudie visits Mr. Slope in Chapter 17, what things does she tell him?
10. Briefly describe the Stanhope's children.
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)