|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor do in the morning at the end of Chapter 29?
(a) Packs her bags.
(b) Writes a letter to Mr. Slope.
(c) Finds a job.
(d) Reads the newspaper.
2. What do the men do when Dr. Harding and Eleanor visit the Archdeacon?
(a) They discuss what to do about Mr. Arabin.
(b) They start plotting against Mr. Slope.
(c) They stay home to talk.
(d) They go to inspect the church.
3. In Chapter 16, what causes a rift in Mr. Slope's relationship with Mrs. Proudie?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her friendship with Eleanor.
(c) The plans for the cathedral.
(d) The wardenship.
4. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
(a) She approves of it.
(b) She wants to teach it.
(c) She has no opinion.
(d) She disapproves of it.
5. Who does Mr. Arabin meet at a party at the Stanhope's in Chapter 24?
(a) The signora.
(b) His cousin.
(c) The Archdeacon.
(d) The Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agrees with Mr. Slope's opinions of the warden position in Chapter 12?
2. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
3. In Chapter 26, who meets to discuss the wardenship?
4. Where is Mr. Slope a tutor?
5. Why does Madeleine, "the signora", arrive late in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Dr. Harding and Eleanor respond to each other when they discuss Sunday school in Chapter 13?
2. How does Mr. Slope run his church?
3. What things does Mr. Arabin do when he goes to London in Chapter 34?
4. What happens in Chapter 39 when the Lookalofts join the upper class party?
5. What does the Archdeacon tell Eleanor about her relationship with Mr. Slope?
6. Why does Dr. Harding visit Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 52?
7. How does the wardenship appointment affect Dr. Gwynne?
8. How do the Lookalofts go against the wishes of the Thornes at their party?
9. In Chapter 24, what happens between Mr. Slope and Mr. Quiverful in regards to the wardenship?
10. When Mr. Slope visits in Chapter 46, what does the signora do to scare him away?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)