|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who agrees with Mr. Slope's opinions of the warden position in Chapter 12?
(a) No one.
(b) Dr. Harding.
(c) Mrs. Proudie.
(d) Dr. Proudie.
2. How are the Thornes tied to Mr. Arabin?
(a) They own the property where his church is.
(b) They used to know him years ago.
(c) They are distant cousins.
(d) They are going to give him a place to stay.
3. During the debate over Sabbath schools in Chapter 5, what does the Archdeacon think of Mrs. Proudie's opinion?
(a) He thinks she is misguided.
(b) He thinks she is ignorant.
(c) He thinks she is correct.
(d) He thinks she shouldn't have one.
4. What is Eleanor doing when Mr. Slope comes to visit her in Chapter 16?
(a) Talking to her father.
(b) Playing with her son.
(c) Making lunch.
(d) Getting dressed.
5. In Chapter 1, what position needs to be filled?
(a) Bishop of Barchester.
(b) King of England.
(d) Town Priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the party in Chapter 11, what do Bertie and the Bishop discuss?
2. In Chapter 1, who dies?
3. What do Mr. Stanhope and Charlotte discover about Bertie when they go through paperwork in Chapter 19?
4. In Chapter 27, why can't Mr. Slope arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding?
5. In Chapter 3, who is described as controlling what Dr. Proudie does?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Dr. Harding and Eleanor respond to each other when they discuss Sunday school in Chapter 13?
2. What does the Archdeacon discover when he does research following Mr. Slope's sermon?
3. What happens to Mr. Slope and Mrs. Proudie's relationship after discussing the wardenship in Chapter 26?
4. Briefly describe the Stanhope's children.
5. When Mrs. Proudie visits Mr. Slope in Chapter 17, what things does she tell him?
6. In Chapter 12, what changes does Mr. Slope suggest for Hiram's Hospital?
7. What role does Mr. Slope play in the Proudie's discussion of the wardenship position in Chapters 25 and 26?
8. What does Mr. Slope write in his letter to Eleanor in Chapter 27?
9. What does the Archdeacon tell Eleanor about her relationship with Mr. Slope?
10. What do the Proudies, Mr. Slope, and the Archdeacon debate during their meeting in Chapter 5?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)