|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enjoys meeting the signora?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) Mr. Proudie.
(c) Mrs. Proudie.
2. Who does the Archdeacon want as warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Mrs. Proudie.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(c) Dr. Harding.
3. How old is Mr. Arabin?
4. How does Mr. Arabin feel about reform in the church?
(a) He ignores it.
(b) He is for it.
(c) He is against it.
(d) He believes a little reform is good.
5. What does the Archdeacon feel he represents?
(a) High church tradition.
(b) The Parliament.
(c) Liberal movements.
(d) The common man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Archdeacon's home known as?
2. At the party in Chapter 11, what do Bertie and the Bishop discuss?
3. Who becomes warden of Hiram's Hospital?
4. How many people live in the Thorne household?
5. In Chapter 2, what makes Dr. Harding scandalous?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Slope run his church?
2. In Chapter 24, what happens between Mr. Slope and Mr. Quiverful in regards to the wardenship?
3. What does the Archdeacon discover when he does research following Mr. Slope's sermon?
4. Describe Mr. Arabin's history with religion.
5. How are the Thornes contrasted with the clergy of Barchester?
6. In Chapter 16, what role does Mrs. Proudie play in filling the wardenship?
7. What does the Archdeacon tell Eleanor about her relationship with Mr. Slope?
8. Describe Mr. Slope's sermon in Chapter 6.
9. How does Mr. Arabin discover that he is in love with Eleanor?
10. Briefly describe the Stanhope's children.
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)