|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eleanor feel when she finds out that Mr. Arabin thinks she will marry Mr. Slope?
2. What is the Archdeacon's home known as?
3. After being unable to arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding, what does Mr. Slope do?
(a) Write a letter to Eleanor.
(b) Write a letter to the signora.
(c) Resign from his position.
(d) Give the wardenship to Mr. Quiverful.
4. How does Mr. Arabin respond when he hears that Eleanor might marry Mr. Slope?
(a) He writes the Bishop.
(b) He writes Eleanor.
(c) He visits Mr. Slope.
(d) He visits Eleanor.
5. What makes the Archdeacon feel that Eleanor has disgraced herself?
(a) Because she is friends with the signora.
(b) Because she gambled away her money.
(c) Because she receives letters from Mr. Slope.
(d) Because she has been dating two men.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, who meets to discuss the wardenship?
2. How does Mr. Arabin feel when he stays with the Archdeacon?
3. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
4. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
5. How many children do the Stanhopes have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Chapter 15 in regards to Mr. Slope and his role in filling the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
2. How are the Thornes contrasted with the clergy of Barchester?
3. Describe Mr. Slope's sermon in Chapter 6.
4. What does the Archdeacon discover when he does research following Mr. Slope's sermon?
5. What do the Proudies, Mr. Slope, and the Archdeacon debate during their meeting in Chapter 5?
6. How does Mr. Slope run his church?
7. How does Mr. Arabin discover that he is in love with Eleanor?
8. What does Dr. Harding learn about the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14, and how does he respond?
9. Briefly describe the Stanhope's children.
10. What surprises Eleanor about Mr. Arabin when they talk in Chapter 21?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)