|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
(a) Because he is more charismatic than the Proudies.
(b) Because the Proudies will be in London.
(c) Because the Proudies don't act on their power.
(d) Because the Proudies will give it to him.
2. When Eleanor talks to Bertie about Mr. Slope, what do they agree on?
(a) That Mr. Slope confuses them.
(b) That they will disagree about Mr. Slope.
(c) That Mr. Slope is right.
(d) That Mr. Slope is not trustworthy.
3. In Chapter 29, who comes to see Eleanor to discuss her relationship with Mr. Slope?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(c) Mr. Quiverful.
(d) The Bishop.
4. How does Mrs. Quiverful get to the Proudie's?
(a) She walks.
(b) She steals a car.
(c) She takes a horse.
(d) She hitches a ride.
5. How does Mr. Arabin feel when he stays with the Archdeacon?
(a) Intelligent and lucky.
(b) Alone and isolated.
(c) Worried and upset.
(d) Confident and powerful.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the Thornes involved in the current political situation of Chapter 22?
2. What angers Mrs. Proudie at the party in Chapter 11?
3. How are the Thornes tied to Mr. Arabin?
4. Who does Mr. Arabin meet at a party at the Stanhope's in Chapter 24?
5. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Arabin realize about Eleanor?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what changes does Mr. Slope suggest for Hiram's Hospital?
2. What happens to Mr. Slope and Mrs. Proudie's relationship after discussing the wardenship in Chapter 26?
3. What role does Mr. Slope play in the Proudie's discussion of the wardenship position in Chapters 25 and 26?
4. What does Dr. Harding learn about the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14, and how does he respond?
5. Briefly describe the Stanhope's children.
6. What do the Proudies, Mr. Slope, and the Archdeacon debate during their meeting in Chapter 5?
7. What surprises Eleanor about Mr. Arabin when they talk in Chapter 21?
8. When the Proudies announce they are having a party in Chapter 10, what are some of the concerns their guests feel?
9. In Chapter 16, what role does Mrs. Proudie play in filling the wardenship?
10. When Mrs. Proudie visits Mr. Slope in Chapter 17, what things does she tell him?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)