|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) She agrees with him.
(b) She didn't hear the sermon.
(c) She thought it was just a joke.
(d) She disagrees with him.
2. Why does Mr. Slope discuss the position of warden with Dr. Harding?
(a) He wants the position himself.
(b) He wants Dr. Harding to take his job seriously.
(c) He wants Dr. Harding to reject the position.
(d) He wants Dr. Harding to accept the position.
3. What is Eleanor doing when Mr. Slope comes to visit her in Chapter 16?
(a) Making lunch.
(b) Getting dressed.
(c) Playing with her son.
(d) Talking to her father.
4. What has Dr. Stanhope done while collecting his salary from the church?
(a) Run another church.
(b) Lived in Italy.
(c) Worked as an accountant.
5. In Chapter 1, who dies?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) Dr. Grantly, Sr.
(c) Dr. Harding.
(d) Dr. Proudie.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 29, who comes to see Eleanor to discuss her relationship with Mr. Slope?
2. What angers Mrs. Proudie at the party in Chapter 11?
3. What do the men do when Dr. Harding and Eleanor visit the Archdeacon?
4. What does the signora say that Mr. Slope must do to prove his love?
5. For Mr. Arabin's first sermon, where do the Archdeacon and Eleanor have lunch with Mr. Arabin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eleanor tell her father after the Thorne's party?
2. How does Mr. Arabin discover that he is in love with Eleanor?
3. When Mr. Slope visits in Chapter 46, what does the signora do to scare him away?
4. What happens in Chapter 15 in regards to Mr. Slope and his role in filling the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
5. What things does Mr. Arabin do when he goes to London in Chapter 34?
6. What does Mr. Slope write in his letter to Eleanor in Chapter 27?
7. In Chapter 1, what makes finding a new Bishop complicated?
8. When Mrs. Proudie visits Mr. Slope in Chapter 17, what things does she tell him?
9. How do the Lookalofts go against the wishes of the Thornes at their party?
10. What happens to Mr. Slope in London after being fired in Barchester?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)