|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
(a) That Mr. Slope is bribing the congregation.
(b) That Mr. Slope is trying to harm her.
(c) That Mr. Slope is stealing Dr. Harding's money.
(d) That Mr. Slope is trying to marry Eleanor.
2. After being unable to arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding, what does Mr. Slope do?
(a) Give the wardenship to Mr. Quiverful.
(b) Resign from his position.
(c) Write a letter to the signora.
(d) Write a letter to Eleanor.
3. In Chapter 1, who dies?
(a) Dr. Harding.
(b) Dr. Proudie.
(c) The Archdeacon.
(d) Dr. Grantly, Sr.
4. In Chapter 17, who does Mrs. Proudie want for the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Dr. Harding.
(b) Mr. Quiverful.
(c) Mr. Slope.
(d) Mr. Proudie.
5. What does the signora say that Mr. Slope must do to prove his love?
(a) Tell Eleanor about her.
(b) Challenge the Bishop for his title.
(c) Give the wardenship to Mr. Quiverful.
(d) Give up his ambitions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Dr. Stanhope done while collecting his salary from the church?
2. How does Mr. Arabin respond when he hears that Eleanor might marry Mr. Slope?
3. Who does Mr. Slope visit to discuss the wardenship in Chapter 24?
4. Who does Mr. Slope visit in Chapter 8?
5. How does Mr. Arabin feel about reform in the church?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the wardenship appointment affect Dr. Gwynne?
2. In Chapter 45, why do Bertie and his father argue and what is the result?
3. In Chapter 12, what changes does Mr. Slope suggest for Hiram's Hospital?
4. What does the Archdeacon plan to do in terms of the wardenship at the end of Chapter 18?
5. How does Mrs. Proudie try to humiliate Mr. Slope in Chapter 51?
6. What happens in Chapter 39 when the Lookalofts join the upper class party?
7. How does Eleanor describe her love for Mr. Arabin in Chapter 49?
8. In Chapter 16, what role does Mrs. Proudie play in filling the wardenship?
9. Why does the Archdeacon give everyone gifts on the day of Mr. Arabin and Eleanor's wedding?
10. How does Mr. Slope run his church?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)