|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Arabin feel about reform in the church?
(a) He believes a little reform is good.
(b) He is against it.
(c) He ignores it.
(d) He is for it.
2. How does the Archdeacon feel about the Proudies when he meets them in Chapter 5?
(a) He is unsure they will succeed.
(b) He approves of them.
(c) He has no opinion of them.
(d) He disapproves of them.
3. Who is Dr. Proudie most associated with?
(a) Other doctors.
(b) Church goers and townspeople.
(c) Merchants and traders.
(d) Royal families and Parliament.
4. When it comes to the wardenship, who does the Bishop agree with at the end of Chapter 26?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) The Archdeacon.
(c) Mrs. Quiverful.
(d) Mrs. Proudie.
5. In Chapter 3, who is described as controlling what Dr. Proudie does?
(a) Mrs. Proudie.
(b) Mr. Slope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Proudies go after Mr. Slope's sermon?
2. What do Mr. Stanhope and Charlotte discover about Bertie when they go through paperwork in Chapter 19?
3. Who becomes warden of Hiram's Hospital?
4. What makes Mr. Slope's relationship with the signora complicated?
5. What does Mr. Slope learn about Eleanor when he is visiting Mr. Quiverful?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does the bill Parliament passes mean to Hiram's Hospital?
2. In Chapter 24, what happens between Mr. Slope and Mr. Quiverful in regards to the wardenship?
3. What does Mr. Slope write in his letter to Eleanor in Chapter 27?
4. What surprises Eleanor about Mr. Arabin when they talk in Chapter 21?
5. What does the Archdeacon discover when he does research following Mr. Slope's sermon?
6. How does Bertie act at the Proudie's party in Chapter 11?
7. When Mrs. Proudie visits Mr. Slope in Chapter 17, what things does she tell him?
8. Describe Mr. Slope's sermon in Chapter 6.
9. In Chapter 1, what makes finding a new Bishop complicated?
10. What role does Mr. Slope play in the Proudie's discussion of the wardenship position in Chapters 25 and 26?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)