|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After appointing a new warden, how do the Proudies act with each other?
(a) They were shyly pleased.
(b) They refused to speak to each other.
(c) They argued for days.
(d) They got along well.
2. Who says: "You are not destined to be son-in-law to a dean"?
(a) Dr. Harding.
(b) The Archdeacon.
(c) Mr. Arabin.
(d) The Prime Minister.
3. What does the author compare the end of a novel to?
(a) The end of a children's party.
(b) The end of a long walk.
(c) The end of a train ride.
(d) The end of a poker game.
4. What does Mr. Slope plan to do at the Thorne's party?
(a) Confess his feelings for the signora.
(b) Ask Eleanor to marry him.
(c) Leave early.
(d) Announce that he is the new Dean of Barchester Cathedral.
5. Who does Dr. Harding suggest for the deanery?
(a) Miss Thorne.
(b) Mr. Stanhope.
(c) Mr. Arabin.
(d) Mr. Slope.
6. What does Mr. Arabin tell the Archdeacon about Eleanor in Chapter 34?
(a) That she stole some of his money.
(b) That she is trying to marry Mr. Slope.
(c) That she does not want to marry Mr. Slope.
(d) That she wants to run away.
7. Where do the Stanhopes go before Eleanor's wedding?
(a) The United States.
8. What new job does the Bishop take on?
(a) Curate in a church.
(b) The position of Archbishop.
(c) He retires.
(d) A post in the House of Lords.
9. Who tells the Archdeacon about Eleanor's marriage plans?
(a) Mr. Arabin.
(c) Dr. Harding.
(d) The signora.
10. Why does the Archdeacon support Mr. Arabin as the new Dean?
(a) Because Mr. Slope loses power.
(b) Because Dr. Harding tells him to.
(c) Because the signora tells him to.
(d) Because he thinks Mr. Arabin is very fair.
11. Why does Eleanor wake up early the morning after the engagement?
(a) Because she might run into Mr. Arabin.
(b) Because she could not sleep.
(c) Because she wanted to find Miss Thorne.
(d) Because she was hungry.
12. How is Mr. Arabin informed of his position as Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
(a) A note from the signora.
(b) The Prime Minister visited him.
(c) A note from the minister.
(d) Dr. Harding told him.
13. What does the Archdeacon give Eleanor as a present on her wedding day?
(a) A sapphire bracelet.
(b) A box of pearls.
(c) A pony chair.
(d) A cob.
14. Who goes to Oxford to talk Dr. Gwynne into supporting Mr. Arabin for Dean?
(a) Dr. Harding and Mr. Thorne.
(b) Dr. Harding and the Archdeacon.
(c) Dr. Harding and Mr. Stanhope.
(d) Dr. Harding and the Bishop.
15. How does the Bishop treat Mr. Slope at the Thorne's party?
(a) The Bishop slights Mr. Slope.
(b) The Bishop hits Mr. Slope.
(c) The Bishop is kind to Mr. Slope.
(d) The Bishop mocks Mr. Slope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr. Slope planning on working?
2. Who does Eleanor see Mr. Arabin with after leaving the Thornes' party?
3. What game does Mrs. Thorne want to play at the party?
4. What does Eleanor do when Mr. Slope declares his love?
5. Who fires Mr. Slope?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)