|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Stanhopes go before Eleanor's wedding?
(d) The United States.
2. What article does Mr. Slope threaten to write?
(a) One in support of Mr. Arabin.
(b) One against Mrs. Proudie.
(c) One in support of the Bishop.
(d) One against Barchester Cathedral.
3. After appointing a new warden, how do the Proudies act with each other?
(a) They refused to speak to each other.
(b) They got along well.
(c) They were shyly pleased.
(d) They argued for days.
4. Where is Mr. Slope planning on working?
(a) At a newspaper in London.
(b) A church in London.
(c) At Hiram's Hospital.
(d) At Mr. Quiverful's old church.
5. What does Eleanor explain to her father at the Thorne's party?
(a) That she wants reform in the church.
(b) That she does not like Mr. Slope.
(c) That she wants to move away.
(d) That she didn't want to come in the first place.
6. Who says: "I like everything old-fashioned"?
(a) Mrs. Bold.
(b) Mr. Arabin.
(c) Miss Thorne.
7. What new job does the Bishop take on?
(a) Curate in a church.
(b) He retires.
(c) The position of Archbishop.
(d) A post in the House of Lords.
8. Who does the Archdeacon fear will become the new Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) Dr. Harding.
(c) Mr. Quiverful.
(d) Mr. Proudie.
9. What does Charlotte try to convince her father to do in Chapter 45?
(a) Not kick Bertie out.
(b) Kick Bertie out.
(c) Take Eleanor in.
(d) Give her money.
10. How does Mr. Arabin feel when he is asked to become Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
(a) He was not surprised.
(b) He did not want the position.
(c) He was stunned silent.
(d) He nearly cried.
11. Where does Bertie leave for?
(a) The Thorne estate.
(c) Eleanor's house.
12. Who does Eleanor see Mr. Arabin with after leaving the Thornes' party?
(a) The signora.
(b) A strange woman.
(d) Dr. Harding.
13. Who does Mr. Slope discuss the position of Dean of Barchester Cathedral with in Chapter 32?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) The current Dean of Barchester Cathedral.
(c) The Archbishop.
(d) The Archdeacon.
14. Who does Mr. Arabin meet with in London to discuss his struggle with the Bishop?
(a) Mr. Stanhope.
(b) Dr. Gwynne.
(c) The Archbishop.
(d) Mr. Slope.
15. Who supports Mr. Slope in his quest for the deanery?
(a) A newspaper editor.
(b) The Archdeacon.
(c) Mr. Stanhope.
(d) The Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mr. Arabin's new job as Dean toasted?
2. What does the author compare the end of a novel to?
3. How long does Miss Thorne think it will take for Mr. Arabin to propose to Eleanor?
4. Who says they were "never so happy in their (lives)"?
5. Who goes to Oxford to talk Dr. Gwynne into supporting Mr. Arabin for Dean?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)