|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Thorne's party, what happens to the son of one of their tenants?
(a) He gets into a fight.
(b) He is thrown from a horse.
(c) He gets kicked out.
(d) He has too much to drink.
2. How does Mr. Slope feel toward Eleanor after declaring his love for her?
(a) He feels sad.
(b) He feels confused.
(c) He feels more in love than ever.
(d) He feels negatively toward her.
3. How does the author compare Mr. Arabin's religious beliefs to Eleanor's?
(a) His are a secret.
(b) His are more strict.
(c) His are more moderate.
(d) His change more often.
4. Who is appointed warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Mr. Quiverful.
(b) Dr. Harding.
(c) Mr. Slope.
(d) Mr. Stanhope.
5. In Chapter 33, who is Eleanor anxious to forgive?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) Mr. Arabin.
(c) Charlotte Stanhope.
(d) Bertie Stanhope.
6. After talking with Mr. Arabin at the Thorne's party, how does the signora feel about Mr. Arabin?
7. How does the Bishop treat Mr. Slope at the Thorne's party?
(a) The Bishop hits Mr. Slope.
(b) The Bishop slights Mr. Slope.
(c) The Bishop mocks Mr. Slope.
(d) The Bishop is kind to Mr. Slope.
8. What does the deanery pay?
(a) 100 a year.
(b) 200 a year.
(c) 1200 a year.
(d) 2000 a year.
9. What does Eleanor do when Mr. Slope declares his love?
(a) She laughs at him.
(b) She returns the feeling.
(c) She cries.
(d) She slaps his face.
10. Who fires Mr. Slope?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) The Archbishop.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) Mr. Slope quits.
11. How does Mr. Slope feel when he leaves the Stanhopes' in Chapter 46?
(a) Full of peace.
(b) Full of hatred.
(c) Sad and embarrassed.
(d) Horrified and scared.
12. What article does Mr. Slope threaten to write?
(a) One against Mrs. Proudie.
(b) One in support of Mr. Arabin.
(c) One against Barchester Cathedral.
(d) One in support of the Bishop.
13. Why does Mrs. Proudie say that Mr. Slope will be fired?
(a) Because he wants to be Dean.
(b) Because of his relationship with the signora.
(c) Because he has a poor work ethic.
(d) Because the people of Barchester voted him out.
14. Why doesn't the Archdeacon believe that Eleanor will marry Mr. Arabin?
(a) Because he thinks she will marry Mr. Slope.
(b) Because Mr. Arabin told him otherwise.
(c) Because he didn't think the signora would allow it.
(d) Because he thinks they are a poor match.
15. Who upstages the signora's entrance at the Thorne's party?
(a) The Lookalofts.
(b) Countess de Courcy.
(d) Mr. Slope.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Arabin feel when he is asked to become Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
2. How does Dr. Harding respond to the news of Eleanor's engagement?
3. Who does Dr. Gwynne support for wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
4. How does Miss Thorne feel about her matchmaking plan?
5. Why is Bertie supposed to propose to Eleanor?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)