Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how are Mr. Slope's religious beliefs described?
(c) New age.
2. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
(a) They think Mr. Slope is a reformer.
(b) They think Mr. Slope is a fool.
(c) They haven't met Mr. Slope yet.
(d) They think Mr. Slope is old-fashioned.
3. In Chapter 17, what does Mrs. Proudie tell Mr. Slope her role is?
(a) The decider.
(b) The power behind the throne.
(c) The silent supporter.
(d) The unquestioned master.
4. In Chapter 24, who does the Archdeacon ask for help with the wardenship?
(a) Mr. Arabin.
(c) Mr. Slope.
(d) Dr. Gwynne.
5. What do the men do when Dr. Harding and Eleanor visit the Archdeacon?
(a) They stay home to talk.
(b) They discuss what to do about Mr. Arabin.
(c) They start plotting against Mr. Slope.
(d) They go to inspect the church.
6. How does Mr. Arabin respond when he hears that Eleanor might marry Mr. Slope?
(a) He visits Mr. Slope.
(b) He visits Eleanor.
(c) He writes Eleanor.
(d) He writes the Bishop.
7. What does Mr. Slope learn about Eleanor when he is visiting Mr. Quiverful?
(a) That she is easily tricked.
(b) That she is well educated.
(c) That she has a large income.
(d) That she is actually poor.
8. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
(a) She disapproves of it.
(b) She wants to teach it.
(c) She has no opinion.
(d) She approves of it.
9. What does the Archdeacon feel he represents?
(a) The common man.
(b) Liberal movements.
(c) The Parliament.
(d) High church tradition.
10. Who does the Archdeacon want as warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Mrs. Proudie.
(c) Dr. Harding.
(d) Mr. Slope.
11. In Chapter 16, what causes a rift in Mr. Slope's relationship with Mrs. Proudie?
(a) Her friendship with Eleanor.
(b) Her money.
(c) The plans for the cathedral.
(d) The wardenship.
12. How does Eleanor feel when she finds out that Mr. Arabin thinks she will marry Mr. Slope?
13. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) They pay Mr. Slope to preach again.
(b) They find Mr. Slope a job in another town.
(c) They have Mr. Slope write for them.
(d) They ban Mr. Slope from preaching.
14. In Chapter 1, what position needs to be filled?
(a) Town Priest.
(b) Bishop of Barchester.
(c) King of England.
15. When does "Barchester Towers" begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Arabin meet at a party at the Stanhope's in Chapter 24?
2. How does Mrs. Proudie feel after her visit with Mrs. Quiverful in Chapter 25?
3. What do Mr. Stanhope and Charlotte discover about Bertie when they go through paperwork in Chapter 19?
4. Where is Mr. Slope a tutor?
5. What is the Archdeacon's home known as?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)