|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is meant to run Hiram's Hospital?
(a) The King.
(b) A nun.
(c) A priest.
(d) A warden.
2. In Chapter 29, who comes to see Eleanor to discuss her relationship with Mr. Slope?
(b) Mr. Quiverful.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) The Archdeacon.
3. Why does Mrs. Quiverful visit Mrs. Proudie?
(a) To plot against Mr. Slope.
(b) To discuss the wardenship.
(c) To share some gossip.
(d) To get a recipe.
4. In Chapter 27, why can't Mr. Slope arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding?
(a) He denies Mr. Slope's invitation.
(b) He is away at Plumstead.
(c) He has work in London.
(d) He never gets the invitation.
5. Who does the Archdeacon want as warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) Dr. Harding.
(d) Mrs. Proudie.
6. What does Eleanor think when Mr. Slope comes to visit her to show his support for her father as warden?
(a) She realizes how much she likes him.
(b) She is not sure if she can trust him.
(c) She is positive he is trying to marry her.
(d) She decides she does not care for him.
7. Where is Mr. Slope a tutor?
8. Who does Dr. Harding go to in order to discuss the issue of Sunday school?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) The Archdeacon.
(c) Mr. Slope.
(d) Mrs. Proudie.
9. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
(a) She wants to teach it.
(b) She has no opinion.
(c) She disapproves of it.
(d) She approves of it.
10. Where does the Proudie family prefer to live?
11. What does the signora say that Mr. Slope must do to prove his love?
(a) Give up his ambitions.
(b) Tell Eleanor about her.
(c) Challenge the Bishop for his title.
(d) Give the wardenship to Mr. Quiverful.
12. What happens to the Archdeacon's meeting with the Bishop about the wardenship in Chapter 18?
(a) It was one-sided.
(b) It was denied.
(c) It was interrupted.
(d) It was delayed.
13. How many children do the Stanhopes have?
14. Who does Mr. Slope visit to discuss the wardenship in Chapter 24?
(a) Mr. Quiverful.
(b) Mrs. Proudie.
(c) Dr. Gwynne.
(d) Dr. Harding.
15. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
(a) That he is working to eliminate the position of warden.
(b) That he convinced Dr. Harding to turn down the wardenship.
(c) That he secretly raised the salary of the warden.
(d) That he wants the position of warden himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eleanor feel when she finds out that Mr. Arabin thinks she will marry Mr. Slope?
2. How does the author describe the Thornes?
3. How does Mr. Arabin feel when he stays with the Archdeacon?
4. How are the Thornes tied to Mr. Arabin?
5. Who does Mr. Slope visit in Chapter 8?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)