|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mr. Arabin's first sermon, how do the people feel about him?
2. What does the signora say that Mr. Slope must do to prove his love?
(a) Challenge the Bishop for his title.
(b) Give the wardenship to Mr. Quiverful.
(c) Tell Eleanor about her.
(d) Give up his ambitions.
3. How does Mr. Arabin feel about reform in the church?
(a) He is against it.
(b) He believes a little reform is good.
(c) He ignores it.
(d) He is for it.
4. How does the Archdeacon feel about the Proudies when he meets them in Chapter 5?
(a) He disapproves of them.
(b) He has no opinion of them.
(c) He approves of them.
(d) He is unsure they will succeed.
5. What is the Archdeacon's home known as?
6. Who does Mr. Arabin meet at a party at the Stanhope's in Chapter 24?
(a) The signora.
(b) His cousin.
(c) The Archdeacon.
(d) The Bishop.
7. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
(a) One of parties and wastefulness.
(b) One of luxury and idleness.
(c) One of hard work and dedication.
(d) One of activity and involvement.
8. How many children do the Stanhopes have?
9. Why does Mrs. Quiverful visit Mrs. Proudie?
(a) To share some gossip.
(b) To get a recipe.
(c) To discuss the wardenship.
(d) To plot against Mr. Slope.
10. What makes Mr. Slope's relationship with the signora complicated?
(a) She is married.
(b) She is ill.
(c) She is disinterested in him.
(d) She lives far away.
11. In Chapter 26, who meets to discuss the wardenship?
(a) Mr. Slope and Mrs. Quiverful.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Proudie.
(c) The Proudies and Mr. Slope.
(d) Mr. Slope and Mrs. Proudie.
12. Who can go to Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Ill statesmen.
(b) Retired men.
(d) The mentally ill.
13. In Chapter 24, who does the Archdeacon ask for help with the wardenship?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) Dr. Gwynne.
(c) Mr. Arabin.
14. In Chapter 29, who comes to see Eleanor to discuss her relationship with Mr. Slope?
(b) The Archdeacon.
(c) Mr. Quiverful.
(d) The Bishop.
15. What is Eleanor doing when Mr. Slope comes to visit her in Chapter 16?
(a) Making lunch.
(b) Getting dressed.
(c) Playing with her son.
(d) Talking to her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eleanor take part in a discussion about Mr. Slope with Mrs. Grantly?
2. In Chapter 15, what does Charlotte try to convince Bertie to do?
3. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
4. What do the men do when Dr. Harding and Eleanor visit the Archdeacon?
5. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)