|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Harding feel about Mr. Slope's romantic interest in Eleanor?
(a) He is happy.
(b) It confuses him.
(c) It disturbs him.
(d) It makes him want to resign the position of warden.
2. What does Mrs. Quiverful tell Mrs. Proudie about that makes Mrs. Proudie want to help her?
(a) The Quiverful's poverty.
(b) The Quiverful's sick son.
(c) The Quiverful's broken carriage.
(d) The Quiverful's gambling debts.
3. Where is Mr. Slope a tutor?
4. Who is meant to run Hiram's Hospital?
(a) A warden.
(b) The King.
(c) A nun.
(d) A priest.
5. How does Mrs. Proudie feel after her visit with Mrs. Quiverful in Chapter 25?
6. In Chapter 26, who meets to discuss the wardenship?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Proudie.
(b) Mr. Slope and Mrs. Proudie.
(c) Mr. Slope and Mrs. Quiverful.
(d) The Proudies and Mr. Slope.
7. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
(a) One of activity and involvement.
(b) One of parties and wastefulness.
(c) One of luxury and idleness.
(d) One of hard work and dedication.
8. In Chapter 17, who does Mrs. Proudie want for the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Mr. Proudie.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(c) Mr. Quiverful.
(d) Dr. Harding.
9. Who agrees with Mr. Slope's opinions of the warden position in Chapter 12?
(a) No one.
(b) Dr. Harding.
(c) Dr. Proudie.
(d) Mrs. Proudie.
10. Who does Mr. Arabin meet at a party at the Stanhope's in Chapter 24?
(a) His cousin.
(b) The Archdeacon.
(c) The signora.
(d) The Bishop.
11. In Chapter 17, what does Mrs. Proudie tell Mr. Slope her role is?
(a) The unquestioned master.
(b) The power behind the throne.
(c) The decider.
(d) The silent supporter.
12. What does Mr. Slope learn about Eleanor when he is visiting Mr. Quiverful?
(a) That she is easily tricked.
(b) That she is actually poor.
(c) That she is well educated.
(d) That she has a large income.
13. What does Eleanor do when Mr. Slope asks her if she will marry Mr. Slope?
(a) She talks to Charlotte about it.
(b) She cries.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She leaves Plumstead.
14. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) The King.
(d) The Archdeacon.
15. How does the Archdeacon feel about the Proudies when he meets them in Chapter 5?
(a) He disapproves of them.
(b) He approves of them.
(c) He has no opinion of them.
(d) He is unsure they will succeed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
2. Who gets the job of preaching at St. Ewolds?
3. What angers Mrs. Proudie at the party in Chapter 11?
4. How does Mr. Arabin feel when he stays with the Archdeacon?
5. What does the Archdeacon feel he represents?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)