|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mr. Slope a tutor?
2. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) The King.
(c) The Archdeacon.
3. When it comes to the wardenship, who does the Bishop agree with at the end of Chapter 26?
(a) Mrs. Proudie.
(b) Mrs. Quiverful.
(c) Mr. Slope.
(d) The Archdeacon.
4. What happens to the Archdeacon's meeting with the Bishop about the wardenship in Chapter 18?
(a) It was denied.
(b) It was interrupted.
(c) It was delayed.
(d) It was one-sided.
5. How does the author describe the Thornes?
(c) Very modern.
6. In Chapter 15, what does Charlotte try to convince Bertie to do?
(a) To move to Europe.
(b) To marry Eleanor.
(c) To bribe Mrs. Proudie.
(d) To get a steady job.
7. What makes Mr. Slope's relationship with the signora complicated?
(a) She is disinterested in him.
(b) She lives far away.
(c) She is married.
(d) She is ill.
8. How does the Archdeacon feel about the Proudies when he meets them in Chapter 5?
(a) He disapproves of them.
(b) He has no opinion of them.
(c) He approves of them.
(d) He is unsure they will succeed.
9. What do the Proudies do when they return from London in Chapter 10?
(a) Throw a party.
(b) Invite the Stanhopes over.
(c) Move to a new house.
(d) Confront the church officials.
10. Who becomes warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) Dr. Harding.
(c) Mr. Stanhope.
(d) Mr. Quiverful.
11. How are the Archdeacon and Mr. Harding alike?
(a) They are both conservative.
(b) They are both only children.
(c) They are both liberal.
(d) They are both preachers.
12. In Chapter 1, what position needs to be filled?
(a) King of England.
(b) Bishop of Barchester.
(c) Town Priest.
13. After Mr. Arabin's first sermon, how do the people feel about him?
14. In Chapter 1, who dies?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) Dr. Proudie.
(c) Dr. Grantly, Sr.
(d) Dr. Harding.
15. Who does Mr. Slope visit in Chapter 8?
(a) Dr. Harding's daughters.
(b) The Proudies.
(c) The Archdeacon.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Dr. Stanhope done while collecting his salary from the church?
2. During the debate over Sabbath schools in Chapter 5, what does the Archdeacon think of Mrs. Proudie's opinion?
3. How many children do the Stanhopes have?
4. How are the Thornes involved in the current political situation of Chapter 22?
5. Why does Mrs. Quiverful visit Mrs. Proudie?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)