|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After talking with Mr. Arabin at the Thorne's party, how does the signora feel about Mr. Arabin?
2. Who supports Mr. Slope in his quest for the deanery?
(a) A newspaper editor.
(b) The Archdeacon.
(c) Mr. Stanhope.
(d) The Bishop.
3. What does the Archdeacon say will happen if Mr. Slope marries Eleanor?
(a) They will have to move far away.
(b) Mr. Slope will have to get a new job.
(c) Mr. Slope will never be welcome in the family.
(d) Mr. Slope will have to find the hidden money.
4. How does Mr. Arabin feel when he stays with the Archdeacon?
(a) Intelligent and lucky.
(b) Alone and isolated.
(c) Worried and upset.
(d) Confident and powerful.
5. What has Dr. Stanhope done while collecting his salary from the church?
(b) Worked as an accountant.
(c) Lived in Italy.
(d) Run another church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
2. How does Mr. Slope lose some of his favoritism in the quest for the deanery?
3. How does Eleanor feel about the Stanhopes at the end of Chapter 42?
4. What does the signora say that Mr. Slope must do to prove his love?
5. Who does Dr. Harding suggest for the deanery?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)