|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ends up whispering the name of Mr. Arabin to a "distinguished person" in regards to the deanery?
(a) The marquis.
(b) The Master of Lazarus.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) Dr. Gwynne.
2. In Chapter 26, who meets to discuss the wardenship?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Proudie.
(b) Mr. Slope and Mrs. Quiverful.
(c) The Proudies and Mr. Slope.
(d) Mr. Slope and Mrs. Proudie.
3. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
(a) Because he is more charismatic than the Proudies.
(b) Because the Proudies don't act on their power.
(c) Because the Proudies will give it to him.
(d) Because the Proudies will be in London.
4. How does Mrs. Quiverful get to the Proudie's?
(a) She hitches a ride.
(b) She walks.
(c) She steals a car.
(d) She takes a horse.
5. Who does Eleanor begin to befriend in Chapter 21?
(a) Mrs. Grantly.
(b) The Archdeacon.
(c) Mr. Slope.
(d) Mr. Arabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Gwynne support for wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
2. How is Mr. Arabin informed of his position as Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
3. How does Mr. Slope feel when he leaves the Stanhopes' in Chapter 46?
4. How does Mr. Arabin feel when he stays with the Archdeacon?
5. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)