|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, who does Mrs. Proudie want for the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Mr. Quiverful.
(b) Mr. Proudie.
(c) Dr. Harding.
(d) Mr. Slope.
2. What does Bertie do as his father yells at him after the Thornes' party?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He draws.
(c) He cries.
(d) He walks away.
3. When it comes to the wardenship, who does the Bishop agree with at the end of Chapter 26?
(a) Mrs. Proudie.
(b) Mrs. Quiverful.
(c) Mr. Slope.
(d) The Archdeacon.
4. Where is the party in Chapter 33?
(a) The Stanhope's house.
(b) The Bishop's house.
(c) Mr. Slope's cousin's house.
(d) The Thorne estate.
5. Why doesn't the Archdeacon believe that Eleanor will marry Mr. Arabin?
(a) Because he thinks she will marry Mr. Slope.
(b) Because he didn't think the signora would allow it.
(c) Because Mr. Arabin told him otherwise.
(d) Because he thinks they are a poor match.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bertie supposed to propose to Eleanor?
2. Why are the tenant farmers angry with the Lookalofts?
3. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
4. In Chapter 29, who comes to see Eleanor to discuss her relationship with Mr. Slope?
5. How does Dr. Harding respond to the news of Eleanor's engagement?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)