|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dr. Gwynne support for wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Dr. Harding.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(c) Mr. Quiverful.
2. Where is Mr. Slope a tutor?
3. How is Mr. Arabin informed of his position as Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
(a) The Prime Minister visited him.
(b) Dr. Harding told him.
(c) A note from the signora.
(d) A note from the minister.
4. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
(a) That he convinced Dr. Harding to turn down the wardenship.
(b) That he is working to eliminate the position of warden.
(c) That he secretly raised the salary of the warden.
(d) That he wants the position of warden himself.
5. In Chapter 17, who does Mrs. Proudie want for the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Mr. Quiverful.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(c) Mr. Proudie.
(d) Dr. Harding.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Eleanor returns to Barchester, what has happened to the Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
2. When it comes to the wardenship, who does the Bishop agree with at the end of Chapter 26?
3. Who agrees with Mr. Slope's opinions of the warden position in Chapter 12?
4. Who is invited to the Thorne's party in Chapter 35?
5. How does Eleanor feel when she finds out that Mr. Arabin thinks she will marry Mr. Slope?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)