|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes to Oxford to talk Dr. Gwynne into supporting Mr. Arabin for Dean?
(a) Dr. Harding and the Archdeacon.
(b) Dr. Harding and Mr. Thorne.
(c) Dr. Harding and the Bishop.
(d) Dr. Harding and Mr. Stanhope.
2. Who does the Archdeacon fear will become the new Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) Mr. Quiverful.
(c) Mr. Proudie.
(d) Dr. Harding.
3. What reason is given to Mr. Slope for his firing?
(a) His relationship with the signora.
(b) His harassment of Eleanor.
(c) His lies to gain power.
(d) His poor sermon.
4. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
(a) She disapproves of it.
(b) She has no opinion.
(c) She wants to teach it.
(d) She approves of it.
5. How does Mrs. Quiverful get to the Proudie's?
(a) She hitches a ride.
(b) She walks.
(c) She takes a horse.
(d) She steals a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Archdeacon want as warden of Hiram's Hospital?
2. How is Mr. Arabin's new job as Dean toasted?
3. How long does it take Mr. Arabin and Eleanor to announce their engagement?
4. At the Thorne's party,who does Mrs. Proudie suggest has a chance to become the new Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
5. Who does Eleanor see Mr. Arabin with after leaving the Thornes' party?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)