|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Miss Thorne feel about her matchmaking plan?
2. How long does it take Mr. Arabin and Eleanor to announce their engagement?
(a) A few days.
(b) A few hours.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few months.
3. In Chapter 16, what causes a rift in Mr. Slope's relationship with Mrs. Proudie?
(a) The plans for the cathedral.
(b) Her money.
(c) The wardenship.
(d) Her friendship with Eleanor.
4. Who writes Eleanor a letter in Chapter 44?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) Mr. Arabin.
(c) The signora.
(d) Mr. Slope.
5. What new job does the Bishop take on?
(a) The position of Archbishop.
(b) He retires.
(c) A post in the House of Lords.
(d) Curate in a church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mr. Arabin described in terms of his religion?
2. What does the deanery pay?
3. Who is suggested to Eleanor as a person to defend her honor?
4. In Chapter 2, what makes Dr. Harding scandalous?
5. After Mr. Arabin's first sermon, how do the people feel about him?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)