|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dr. Proudie most associated with?
(a) Other doctors.
(b) Royal families and Parliament.
(c) Merchants and traders.
(d) Church goers and townspeople.
2. Why doesn't Bertie propose to Eleanor?
(a) He doesn't want to stay in Barchester.
(b) He is afraid of Mr. Slope.
(c) He knows Mr. Arabin loves her more.
(d) He is too afraid to.
3. In Chapter 3, who is described as controlling what Dr. Proudie does?
(a) Mrs. Proudie.
(c) Mr. Slope.
4. Why does Mr. Slope discuss the position of warden with Dr. Harding?
(a) He wants Dr. Harding to accept the position.
(b) He wants Dr. Harding to reject the position.
(c) He wants the position himself.
(d) He wants Dr. Harding to take his job seriously.
5. After Mr. Arabin's first sermon, how do the people feel about him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Proudie feel that Mr. Slope cannot be Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
2. What does Eleanor do in the morning at the end of Chapter 29?
3. How does the Archdeacon feel about the Proudies when he meets them in Chapter 5?
4. Who tells the Archdeacon about Eleanor's marriage plans?
5. After appointing a new warden, how do the Proudies act with each other?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)