|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is meant to run Hiram's Hospital?
(a) A nun.
(b) A priest.
(c) A warden.
(d) The King.
2. Who tells the Archdeacon about Eleanor's marriage plans?
(a) Dr. Harding.
(b) The signora.
(d) Mr. Arabin.
3. What does Mr. Slope learn about Eleanor when he is visiting Mr. Quiverful?
(a) That she is well educated.
(b) That she has a large income.
(c) That she is actually poor.
(d) That she is easily tricked.
4. How are the Thornes involved in the current political situation of Chapter 22?
(a) They side with the Church of England.
(b) They are trying out Communism.
(c) They side with Parliament.
(d) They are very behind the times.
5. In Chapter 6, who preaches at the church in Barchester as part of a challenge?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) Mr. Proudie.
(c) Mr. Slope.
(d) Dr. Harding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eleanor see Mr. Arabin with after leaving the Thornes' party?
2. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
3. Where is the party in Chapter 33?
4. What does the deanery pay?
5. In Chapter 16, what causes a rift in Mr. Slope's relationship with Mrs. Proudie?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)