|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor do in the morning at the end of Chapter 29?
(a) Packs her bags.
(b) Reads the newspaper.
(c) Finds a job.
(d) Writes a letter to Mr. Slope.
2. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
(a) One of parties and wastefulness.
(b) One of hard work and dedication.
(c) One of activity and involvement.
(d) One of luxury and idleness.
3. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
(a) That Mr. Slope is stealing Dr. Harding's money.
(b) That Mr. Slope is bribing the congregation.
(c) That Mr. Slope is trying to marry Eleanor.
(d) That Mr. Slope is trying to harm her.
4. How old is Mr. Arabin?
5. How does Eleanor feel when she finds out that Mr. Arabin thinks she will marry Mr. Slope?
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Mrs. Quiverful about the Archdeacon when they meet in Chapter 50?
2. How does Mr. Slope feel toward Eleanor after declaring his love for her?
3. What does Eleanor do when Mr. Slope asks her if she will marry Mr. Slope?
4. How does the author describe the Thornes?
5. What does Eleanor explain to her father at the Thorne's party?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)