|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Proudie say that Mr. Slope will be fired?
(a) Because he has a poor work ethic.
(b) Because the people of Barchester voted him out.
(c) Because he wants to be Dean.
(d) Because of his relationship with the signora.
2. Who does Mr. Slope visit in Chapter 8?
(a) No one.
(b) The Proudies.
(c) Dr. Harding's daughters.
(d) The Archdeacon.
3. What do the Proudies do when they return from London in Chapter 10?
(a) Invite the Stanhopes over.
(b) Throw a party.
(c) Move to a new house.
(d) Confront the church officials.
4. How does Eleanor take part in a discussion about Mr. Slope with Mrs. Grantly?
(a) She defends him.
(b) She criticizes him.
(c) She questions his intentions.
(d) She mocks him.
5. During the Thorne's party, what happens to the son of one of their tenants?
(a) He has too much to drink.
(b) He gets kicked out.
(c) He is thrown from a horse.
(d) He gets into a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Mr. Arabin angry at the Thorne's party?
2. Who does Eleanor want to move in with her?
3. Where does the Bishop visit with the Archbishop to discuss the deanery?
4. How does the author describe the Thornes?
5. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)