|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is invited to the Thorne's party in Chapter 35?
(a) Only members of the clergy.
(b) The upper class and their tenants.
(c) The Bishop and his friends.
(d) The Thorne's neighbors.
2. Who does Mr. Slope visit to discuss the wardenship in Chapter 24?
(a) Mr. Quiverful.
(b) Dr. Harding.
(c) Mrs. Proudie.
(d) Dr. Gwynne.
3. Where does the Archbishop live?
4. What makes Mr. Slope's relationship with the signora complicated?
(a) She is married.
(b) She is ill.
(c) She lives far away.
(d) She is disinterested in him.
5. How does the Bishop treat Mr. Slope at the Thorne's party?
(a) The Bishop mocks Mr. Slope.
(b) The Bishop hits Mr. Slope.
(c) The Bishop slights Mr. Slope.
(d) The Bishop is kind to Mr. Slope.
Short Answer Questions
1. After appointing a new warden, how do the Proudies act with each other?
2. Who does Eleanor see Mr. Arabin with after leaving the Thornes' party?
3. What do the men do when Dr. Harding and Eleanor visit the Archdeacon?
4. During the debate over Sabbath schools in Chapter 5, what does the Archdeacon think of Mrs. Proudie's opinion?
5. What does the signora say that Mr. Slope must do to prove his love?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)