|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Miss Thorne want to set up Mr. Arabin and Eleanor?
(a) She is bored.
(b) Rumors about Mr. Arabin and the signora.
(c) She hopes Eleanor will give her money.
(d) Eleanor asks for her help.
2. Who does Mr. Arabin meet at a party at the Stanhope's in Chapter 24?
(a) The signora.
(b) The Archdeacon.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) His cousin.
3. In Chapter 32, who does the Bishop decide to give the wardenship to?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) A stranger.
(c) Mr. Quiverful.
(d) Dr. Harding.
4. Where is the party in Chapter 33?
(a) The Stanhope's house.
(b) Mr. Slope's cousin's house.
(c) The Thorne estate.
(d) The Bishop's house.
5. Who tells the Archdeacon about Eleanor's marriage plans?
(a) Mr. Arabin.
(b) Dr. Harding.
(d) The signora.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlotte try to convince her father to do in Chapter 45?
2. What does Eleanor do when Mr. Slope asks her if she will marry Mr. Slope?
3. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
4. What article does Mr. Slope threaten to write?
5. What reason is given to Mr. Slope for his firing?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)