|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eleanor feel when she finds out that Mr. Arabin thinks she will marry Mr. Slope?
2. How does Eleanor feel about Charlotte now that she is engaged?
(a) She still feels hurt by Charlotte.
(b) She misses Charlotte.
(c) She wants Charlotte to apologize to her.
(d) She feels she does not need Charlotte.
3. In Chapter 17, what does Mrs. Proudie tell Mr. Slope her role is?
(a) The silent supporter.
(b) The unquestioned master.
(c) The power behind the throne.
(d) The decider.
4. Who does Mr. Slope visit to discuss the wardenship in Chapter 24?
(a) Dr. Gwynne.
(b) Dr. Harding.
(c) Mrs. Proudie.
(d) Mr. Quiverful.
5. When does "Barchester Towers" begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Arabin at the Stanhope house in Chapter 46?
2. How does Miss Thorne feel about her matchmaking plan?
3. After talking with Mr. Arabin at the Thorne's party, how does the signora feel about Mr. Arabin?
4. How many possible candidates for the deanery does the Prime Minister consider?
5. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Arabin realize about Eleanor?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)