|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eleanor feel when she finds out that Mr. Arabin thinks she will marry Mr. Slope?
2. How are the Thornes tied to Mr. Arabin?
(a) They own the property where his church is.
(b) They used to know him years ago.
(c) They are distant cousins.
(d) They are going to give him a place to stay.
3. Why does the Archdeacon support Mr. Arabin as the new Dean?
(a) Because Dr. Harding tells him to.
(b) Because Mr. Slope loses power.
(c) Because the signora tells him to.
(d) Because he thinks Mr. Arabin is very fair.
4. What do the Proudies do when they return from London in Chapter 10?
(a) Confront the church officials.
(b) Throw a party.
(c) Invite the Stanhopes over.
(d) Move to a new house.
5. Who tells Mr. Slope that he did get the position of Dean?
(a) Mr. Arabin.
(b) Mrs. Proudie.
(c) Sir Nicholas.
(d) The Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Archdeacon's home known as?
2. Why doesn't the Archdeacon believe that Eleanor will marry Mr. Arabin?
3. Where is the party in Chapter 33?
4. Who becomes warden of Hiram's Hospital?
5. How does the Archdeacon describe Eleanor and Mr. Arabin?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)