|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor explain to her father at the Thorne's party?
(a) That she wants to move away.
(b) That she didn't want to come in the first place.
(c) That she does not like Mr. Slope.
(d) That she wants reform in the church.
2. Where does the Proudie family prefer to live?
3. What does the Archdeacon say will happen if Mr. Slope marries Eleanor?
(a) Mr. Slope will have to find the hidden money.
(b) Mr. Slope will have to get a new job.
(c) They will have to move far away.
(d) Mr. Slope will never be welcome in the family.
4. Why doesn't Bertie propose to Eleanor?
(a) He knows Mr. Arabin loves her more.
(b) He is afraid of Mr. Slope.
(c) He is too afraid to.
(d) He doesn't want to stay in Barchester.
5. What does Bertie do as his father yells at him after the Thornes' party?
(a) He walks away.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He draws.
(d) He cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Archbishop feel is capable of being Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
2. In Chapter 6, who preaches at the church in Barchester as part of a challenge?
3. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
4. Who agrees with Mr. Slope's opinions of the warden position in Chapter 12?
5. What is the Archdeacon's home known as?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)