|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Archbishop live?
2. What does the deanery pay?
(a) 2000 a year.
(b) 100 a year.
(c) 1200 a year.
(d) 200 a year.
3. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
(a) She has no opinion.
(b) She disapproves of it.
(c) She wants to teach it.
(d) She approves of it.
4. What has Dr. Stanhope done while collecting his salary from the church?
(a) Worked as an accountant.
(b) Lived in Italy.
(c) Run another church.
5. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
(a) Because the Proudies don't act on their power.
(b) Because the Proudies will give it to him.
(c) Because he is more charismatic than the Proudies.
(d) Because the Proudies will be in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Slope want to do before word gets out about the Bishop's appointment of wardenship?
2. After appointing a new warden, how do the Proudies act with each other?
3. Who is appointed warden of Hiram's Hospital?
4. During the debate over Sabbath schools in Chapter 5, what does the Archdeacon think of Mrs. Proudie's opinion?
5. Where is Mr. Slope a tutor?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)