|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new job does the Bishop take on?
(a) He retires.
(b) The position of Archbishop.
(c) Curate in a church.
(d) A post in the House of Lords.
2. Who does Eleanor want to move in with her?
(a) A new maid.
(b) Her father.
(d) Mr. Slope.
3. What makes Mr. Arabin angry at the Thorne's party?
(a) Seeing Eleanor arrive with Mr. Slope.
(b) The presence of the Lookalofts.
(c) The food wasn't what he expected.
(d) Learning he might have a new job.
4. Who does Eleanor defend in Chapter 18 when she discusses the wardenship with her father and the Archdeacon?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) The Bishop.
(c) The signora.
(d) The Archdeacon.
5. Who can go to Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Retired men.
(c) The mentally ill.
(d) Ill statesmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Proudie most associated with?
2. What does the signora say that Mr. Slope must do to prove his love?
3. After being unable to arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding, what does Mr. Slope do?
4. Who says: "You are not destined to be son-in-law to a dean"?
5. How does Dr. Harding feel about Mr. Slope's romantic interest in Eleanor?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)