|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Slope lose some of his favoritism in the quest for the deanery?
(a) He spent too much time with the signora.
(b) He did not go to the cathedral.
(c) He spoke against the cathedral.
(d) He gave another poor sermon.
2. After talking with Mr. Arabin at the Thorne's party, how does the signora feel about Mr. Arabin?
3. Where do the Proudies go after Mr. Slope's sermon?
4. How does Dr. Harding respond to the news of Eleanor's engagement?
(a) He is nervous and upset.
(b) He is pleased and calm.
(c) He is shocked and excited.
(d) He is angry and confused.
5. In Chapter 29, who comes to see Eleanor to discuss her relationship with Mr. Slope?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) Mr. Quiverful.
(c) The Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what position needs to be filled?
2. Who says: "I like everything old-fashioned"?
3. What article does Mr. Slope threaten to write?
4. In Chapter 32, who does the Bishop decide to give the wardenship to?
5. In Chapter 17, what does Mrs. Proudie tell Mr. Slope her role is?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)