|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Archdeacon tell Mr. Arabin about his wedding?
(a) He doesn't mention the wedding.
(b) He says that a good wedding takes place in winter.
(c) He says it's a bad idea.
(d) He says he wants to perform the service.
2. Who is suggested to Eleanor as a person to defend her honor?
(b) Mr. Arabin.
(c) Dr. Harding.
(d) The Bishop.
3. Why are the tenant farmers angry with the Lookalofts?
(a) They tricked the Thornes.
(b) They sold their farm.
(c) They joined the upper class party.
(d) They are breaking up their family.
4. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
(a) That Mr. Slope is trying to harm her.
(b) That Mr. Slope is trying to marry Eleanor.
(c) That Mr. Slope is stealing Dr. Harding's money.
(d) That Mr. Slope is bribing the congregation.
5. How does Mr. Slope feel when he leaves the Stanhopes' in Chapter 46?
(a) Full of peace.
(b) Sad and embarrassed.
(c) Full of hatred.
(d) Horrified and scared.
Short Answer Questions
1. When it comes to the wardenship, who does the Bishop agree with at the end of Chapter 26?
2. Who says: "You are not destined to be son-in-law to a dean"?
3. How long does Miss Thorne think it will take for Mr. Arabin to propose to Eleanor?
4. For Mr. Arabin's first sermon, where do the Archdeacon and Eleanor have lunch with Mr. Arabin?
5. Who goes against the Thorne's wishes at their party?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)