|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Arabin feel about reform in the church?
(a) He is against it.
(b) He is for it.
(c) He ignores it.
(d) He believes a little reform is good.
2. Who says: "You are not destined to be son-in-law to a dean"?
(a) The Prime Minister.
(b) The Archdeacon.
(c) Mr. Arabin.
(d) Dr. Harding.
3. After talking with Mr. Arabin at the Thorne's party, how does the signora feel about Mr. Arabin?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
(a) That Mr. Slope is trying to marry Eleanor.
(b) That Mr. Slope is stealing Dr. Harding's money.
(c) That Mr. Slope is bribing the congregation.
(d) That Mr. Slope is trying to harm her.
5. Who says they were "never so happy in their (lives)"?
(a) Dr. Harding.
(b) The Bishop.
(c) The Archdeacon.
(d) Mr. Slope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is suggested to Eleanor as a person to defend her honor?
2. What does Eleanor think when Mr. Slope comes to visit her to show his support for her father as warden?
3. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
4. In Chapter 6, what does the Archdeacon feel the church of Barchester needs?
5. Who goes to Oxford to talk Dr. Gwynne into supporting Mr. Arabin for Dean?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)