|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Dr. Stanhope done while collecting his salary from the church?
(b) Lived in Italy.
(c) Worked as an accountant.
(d) Run another church.
2. Where does the Proudie family prefer to live?
3. Why does Mr. Slope quickly return to town at the end of Chapter 40?
(a) He was feeling ignored at the party.
(b) He couldn't be near Eleanor.
(c) The Dean has died.
(d) He was tired.
4. What do the Proudies do when they return from London in Chapter 10?
(a) Move to a new house.
(b) Confront the church officials.
(c) Throw a party.
(d) Invite the Stanhopes over.
5. How is Mr. Arabin informed of his position as Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
(a) A note from the signora.
(b) The Prime Minister visited him.
(c) Dr. Harding told him.
(d) A note from the minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
2. Who goes to Oxford to talk Dr. Gwynne into supporting Mr. Arabin for Dean?
3. How does the author describe the Thornes?
4. What does the Archdeacon feel he represents?
5. Who goes against the Thorne's wishes at their party?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)