|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the Archdeacon about Eleanor's marriage plans?
(a) Dr. Harding.
(b) Mr. Arabin.
(c) The signora.
2. What does the Archdeacon tell Mr. Arabin about his wedding?
(a) He says it's a bad idea.
(b) He says he wants to perform the service.
(c) He doesn't mention the wedding.
(d) He says that a good wedding takes place in winter.
3. How does Eleanor take part in a discussion about Mr. Slope with Mrs. Grantly?
(a) She mocks him.
(b) She criticizes him.
(c) She questions his intentions.
(d) She defends him.
4. Who is meant to run Hiram's Hospital?
(a) A warden.
(b) A priest.
(c) The King.
(d) A nun.
5. In Chapter 15, what does Charlotte try to convince Bertie to do?
(a) To bribe Mrs. Proudie.
(b) To marry Eleanor.
(c) To move to Europe.
(d) To get a steady job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Slope feel when he leaves the Stanhopes' in Chapter 46?
2. What does the Archdeacon say will happen if Mr. Slope marries Eleanor?
3. How does Dr. Harding respond to the news of Eleanor's engagement?
4. How does Mr. Slope lose some of his favoritism in the quest for the deanery?
5. What reason is given to Mr. Slope for his firing?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)