|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What angers Mrs. Proudie at the party in Chapter 11?
(a) Her dress gets torn.
(b) Mr. Proudie ignores her.
(c) She spills her drink.
(d) Her couch is stained.
2. What does Mr. Slope learn about Eleanor when he is visiting Mr. Quiverful?
(a) That she is actually poor.
(b) That she is easily tricked.
(c) That she has a large income.
(d) That she is well educated.
3. What makes the Archdeacon feel that Eleanor has disgraced herself?
(a) Because she gambled away her money.
(b) Because she receives letters from Mr. Slope.
(c) Because she has been dating two men.
(d) Because she is friends with the signora.
4. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Arabin realize about Eleanor?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) That she is difficult.
(c) That he hates her.
(d) That she is too smart for him.
5. Who does Mr. Slope discuss the position of Dean of Barchester Cathedral with in Chapter 32?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) The current Dean of Barchester Cathedral.
(c) The Archbishop.
(d) The Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eleanor doing when Mr. Slope comes to visit her in Chapter 16?
2. What is the Archdeacon's home known as?
3. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
4. In Chapter 4, how are Mr. Slope's religious beliefs described?
5. During the Thorne's party, what happens to the son of one of their tenants?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)