|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Slope plan to do at the Thorne's party?
(a) Confess his feelings for the signora.
(b) Announce that he is the new Dean of Barchester Cathedral.
(c) Ask Eleanor to marry him.
(d) Leave early.
2. Where does the Archbishop live?
3. Who does Mr. Slope visit to discuss the wardenship in Chapter 24?
(a) Mrs. Proudie.
(b) Dr. Harding.
(c) Dr. Gwynne.
(d) Mr. Quiverful.
4. How does Mr. Arabin respond when he hears that Eleanor might marry Mr. Slope?
(a) He visits Mr. Slope.
(b) He writes Eleanor.
(c) He writes the Bishop.
(d) He visits Eleanor.
5. After being unable to arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding, what does Mr. Slope do?
(a) Resign from his position.
(b) Write a letter to the signora.
(c) Write a letter to Eleanor.
(d) Give the wardenship to Mr. Quiverful.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Slope lose some of his favoritism in the quest for the deanery?
2. During the Thorne's party, what happens to the son of one of their tenants?
3. How many possible candidates for the deanery does the Prime Minister consider?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
5. Who does Mr. Arabin meet with in London to discuss his struggle with the Bishop?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)