|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the signora say that Mr. Slope must do to prove his love?
(a) Tell Eleanor about her.
(b) Challenge the Bishop for his title.
(c) Give the wardenship to Mr. Quiverful.
(d) Give up his ambitions.
2. In Chapter 4, how are Mr. Slope's religious beliefs described?
(c) New age.
3. In Chapter 17, what does Mrs. Proudie tell Mr. Slope her role is?
(a) The decider.
(b) The unquestioned master.
(c) The power behind the throne.
(d) The silent supporter.
4. What does the deanery pay?
(a) 100 a year.
(b) 1200 a year.
(c) 200 a year.
(d) 2000 a year.
5. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
(a) One of hard work and dedication.
(b) One of parties and wastefulness.
(c) One of activity and involvement.
(d) One of luxury and idleness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mr. Stanhope and Charlotte discover about Bertie when they go through paperwork in Chapter 19?
2. Why does Mrs. Proudie say that Mr. Slope will be fired?
3. Who does the Archdeacon fear will become the new Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
4. What is the Archdeacon's home known as?
5. When Eleanor returns to Barchester, what has happened to the Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)