|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Bishop visit with the Archbishop to discuss the deanery?
(a) The Thorne estate.
2. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) They ban Mr. Slope from preaching.
(b) They have Mr. Slope write for them.
(c) They find Mr. Slope a job in another town.
(d) They pay Mr. Slope to preach again.
3. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
(a) That Mr. Slope is trying to marry Eleanor.
(b) That Mr. Slope is trying to harm her.
(c) That Mr. Slope is bribing the congregation.
(d) That Mr. Slope is stealing Dr. Harding's money.
4. Who becomes warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) Mr. Stanhope.
(c) Mr. Quiverful.
(d) Dr. Harding.
5. After talking with Mr. Arabin at the Thorne's party, how does the signora feel about Mr. Arabin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
2. What is Eleanor doing when Mr. Slope comes to visit her in Chapter 16?
3. What does Mr. Slope learn about Eleanor when he is visiting Mr. Quiverful?
4. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
5. Who does Eleanor begin to befriend in Chapter 21?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)