|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Arabin feel about reform in the church?
(a) He is against it.
(b) He ignores it.
(c) He is for it.
(d) He believes a little reform is good.
2. Why does Mr. Slope discuss the position of warden with Dr. Harding?
(a) He wants Dr. Harding to take his job seriously.
(b) He wants the position himself.
(c) He wants Dr. Harding to reject the position.
(d) He wants Dr. Harding to accept the position.
3. In Chapter 27, why can't Mr. Slope arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding?
(a) He never gets the invitation.
(b) He has work in London.
(c) He denies Mr. Slope's invitation.
(d) He is away at Plumstead.
4. Who agrees with Mr. Slope's opinions of the warden position in Chapter 12?
(a) Mrs. Proudie.
(b) No one.
(c) Dr. Proudie.
(d) Dr. Harding.
5. Who is meant to run Hiram's Hospital?
(a) A nun.
(b) A warden.
(c) A priest.
(d) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Harding feel about Mr. Slope's romantic interest in Eleanor?
2. What does Eleanor explain to her father at the Thorne's party?
3. Who is appointed warden of Hiram's Hospital?
4. Who does Dr. Gwynne support for wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
5. What does Eleanor do when Mr. Slope declares his love?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)