|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Eleanor returns to Barchester, what has happened to the Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
(a) He has had a stroke.
(b) He has left town.
(c) He has challenged the Bishop for his title.
(d) He has lost his job.
2. What does Eleanor think when Mr. Slope comes to visit her to show his support for her father as warden?
(a) She realizes how much she likes him.
(b) She decides she does not care for him.
(c) She is not sure if she can trust him.
(d) She is positive he is trying to marry her.
3. Where is Mr. Slope a tutor?
4. When the Bishop confronts Mrs. Proudie about the position of warden, what happens?
(a) He left the room angrily.
(b) He feels he got nowhere with her.
(c) He changes her mind.
(d) He concedes to her opinion.
5. In Chapter 17, who does Mrs. Proudie want for the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Dr. Harding.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(c) Mr. Proudie.
(d) Mr. Quiverful.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the debate over Sabbath schools in Chapter 5, what does the Archdeacon think of Mrs. Proudie's opinion?
2. How many children do the Stanhopes have?
3. In Chapter 6, who preaches at the church in Barchester as part of a challenge?
4. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Arabin realize about Eleanor?
5. Who does Dr. Harding go to in order to discuss the issue of Sunday school?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)