|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Proudies do when they return from London in Chapter 10?
(a) Confront the church officials.
(b) Throw a party.
(c) Move to a new house.
(d) Invite the Stanhopes over.
2. Why does Mr. Slope discuss the position of warden with Dr. Harding?
(a) He wants Dr. Harding to accept the position.
(b) He wants Dr. Harding to take his job seriously.
(c) He wants Dr. Harding to reject the position.
(d) He wants the position himself.
3. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) The King.
4. Who thinks Mr. Arabin is disgracing himself by visiting the signora?
(a) Mrs. Grantly.
(b) The Archbishop.
(c) Mr. Slope.
5. What does Eleanor do in the morning at the end of Chapter 29?
(a) Finds a job.
(b) Reads the newspaper.
(c) Writes a letter to Mr. Slope.
(d) Packs her bags.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eleanor do when Mr. Slope declares his love?
2. Who does Eleanor defend in Chapter 18 when she discusses the wardenship with her father and the Archdeacon?
3. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
4. How does Dr. Harding feel about Mr. Slope's romantic interest in Eleanor?
5. What do the men do when Dr. Harding and Eleanor visit the Archdeacon?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)