|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bertie leave for?
(a) The Thorne estate.
(c) Eleanor's house.
2. At the party in Chapter 11, what do Bertie and the Bishop discuss?
(a) Religious conversions.
(b) A new cathedral.
(c) Foreign currency.
(d) Barchester's debt.
3. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
(a) That he secretly raised the salary of the warden.
(b) That he convinced Dr. Harding to turn down the wardenship.
(c) That he is working to eliminate the position of warden.
(d) That he wants the position of warden himself.
4. When the Bishop confronts Mrs. Proudie about the position of warden, what happens?
(a) He changes her mind.
(b) He feels he got nowhere with her.
(c) He concedes to her opinion.
(d) He left the room angrily.
5. What makes the Archdeacon feel that Eleanor has disgraced herself?
(a) Because she gambled away her money.
(b) Because she is friends with the signora.
(c) Because she receives letters from Mr. Slope.
(d) Because she has been dating two men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eleanor doing when Mr. Slope comes to visit her in Chapter 16?
2. How does Mrs. Quiverful get to the Proudie's?
3. How does Eleanor feel when she finds out that Mr. Arabin thinks she will marry Mr. Slope?
4. Who does Eleanor defend in Chapter 18 when she discusses the wardenship with her father and the Archdeacon?
5. Where does the Archbishop live?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)