|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Madeleine, "the signora", arrive late in Chapter 10?
(a) To make a scene.
(b) To prove her point.
(c) Because she was lost.
(d) Because she's always running late.
2. What angers Mrs. Proudie at the party in Chapter 11?
(a) Mr. Proudie ignores her.
(b) Her dress gets torn.
(c) She spills her drink.
(d) Her couch is stained.
3. Who does Mr. Slope visit to discuss the wardenship in Chapter 24?
(a) Mrs. Proudie.
(b) Mr. Quiverful.
(c) Dr. Harding.
(d) Dr. Gwynne.
4. Who thinks Mr. Arabin is disgracing himself by visiting the signora?
(a) The Archbishop.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(d) Mrs. Grantly.
5. After being unable to arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding, what does Mr. Slope do?
(a) Write a letter to Eleanor.
(b) Write a letter to the signora.
(c) Resign from his position.
(d) Give the wardenship to Mr. Quiverful.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the Thorne's party, what happens to the son of one of their tenants?
2. Why does Mr. Slope quickly return to town at the end of Chapter 40?
3. What happens to the Archdeacon's meeting with the Bishop about the wardenship in Chapter 18?
4. Who says they were "never so happy in their (lives)"?
5. How does Mr. Arabin feel about reform in the church?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)