|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the signora tell Eleanor at their meeting?
(a) That Bertie loves her.
(b) That Dr. Stanhope loves her.
(c) That Mr. Slope loves her.
(d) That Mr. Arabin loves her.
2. What does the signora say that Mr. Slope must do to prove his love?
(a) Challenge the Bishop for his title.
(b) Give up his ambitions.
(c) Give the wardenship to Mr. Quiverful.
(d) Tell Eleanor about her.
3. After being unable to arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding, what does Mr. Slope do?
(a) Write a letter to Eleanor.
(b) Write a letter to the signora.
(c) Resign from his position.
(d) Give the wardenship to Mr. Quiverful.
4. What does Eleanor do in the morning at the end of Chapter 29?
(a) Finds a job.
(b) Reads the newspaper.
(c) Packs her bags.
(d) Writes a letter to Mr. Slope.
5. When does "Barchester Towers" begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
2. What do the men do when Dr. Harding and Eleanor visit the Archdeacon?
3. Who does Eleanor defend in Chapter 18 when she discusses the wardenship with her father and the Archdeacon?
4. What is Eleanor doing when Mr. Slope comes to visit her in Chapter 16?
5. For Mr. Arabin's first sermon, where do the Archdeacon and Eleanor have lunch with Mr. Arabin?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)