|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor explain to her father at the Thorne's party?
(a) That she wants to move away.
(b) That she wants reform in the church.
(c) That she didn't want to come in the first place.
(d) That she does not like Mr. Slope.
2. How does Mr. Arabin feel about reform in the church?
(a) He is for it.
(b) He believes a little reform is good.
(c) He ignores it.
(d) He is against it.
3. When the Bishop confronts Mrs. Proudie about the position of warden, what happens?
(a) He concedes to her opinion.
(b) He left the room angrily.
(c) He changes her mind.
(d) He feels he got nowhere with her.
4. Who is Dr. Proudie most associated with?
(a) Royal families and Parliament.
(b) Merchants and traders.
(c) Other doctors.
(d) Church goers and townspeople.
5. At the Thorne's party,who does Mrs. Proudie suggest has a chance to become the new Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
(a) Dr. Stanhope.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(c) Countess de Courcy.
(d) Mr. Arabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlotte try to convince her father to do in Chapter 45?
2. Why does Mr. Slope discuss the position of warden with Dr. Harding?
3. Who enjoys meeting the signora?
4. How does Mrs. Proudie feel after her visit with Mrs. Quiverful in Chapter 25?
5. Who does Eleanor see Mr. Arabin with after leaving the Thornes' party?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)