|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What angers Mrs. Proudie at the party in Chapter 11?
(a) She spills her drink.
(b) Her couch is stained.
(c) Mr. Proudie ignores her.
(d) Her dress gets torn.
2. Why does Mr. Slope quickly return to town at the end of Chapter 40?
(a) He was feeling ignored at the party.
(b) He couldn't be near Eleanor.
(c) He was tired.
(d) The Dean has died.
3. How does the Bishop treat Mr. Slope at the Thorne's party?
(a) The Bishop hits Mr. Slope.
(b) The Bishop slights Mr. Slope.
(c) The Bishop is kind to Mr. Slope.
(d) The Bishop mocks Mr. Slope.
4. Who does Mr. Arabin meet at a party at the Stanhope's in Chapter 24?
(a) The signora.
(b) His cousin.
(c) The Archdeacon.
(d) The Bishop.
5. In Chapter 6, what does the Archdeacon feel the church of Barchester needs?
(a) A new congregation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
2. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
3. Who is appointed warden of Hiram's Hospital?
4. Who does Dr. Harding go to in order to discuss the issue of Sunday school?
5. What does Eleanor do when Mr. Slope declares his love?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)