|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Thorne's party, what happens to the son of one of their tenants?
(a) He gets into a fight.
(b) He gets kicked out.
(c) He is thrown from a horse.
(d) He has too much to drink.
2. How does the Archdeacon feel about the Proudies when he meets them in Chapter 5?
(a) He has no opinion of them.
(b) He approves of them.
(c) He is unsure they will succeed.
(d) He disapproves of them.
3. What happens to the Archdeacon's meeting with the Bishop about the wardenship in Chapter 18?
(a) It was delayed.
(b) It was one-sided.
(c) It was interrupted.
(d) It was denied.
4. How does Mr. Arabin feel when he stays with the Archdeacon?
(a) Worried and upset.
(b) Intelligent and lucky.
(c) Confident and powerful.
(d) Alone and isolated.
5. For Mr. Arabin's first sermon, where do the Archdeacon and Eleanor have lunch with Mr. Arabin?
(a) The church.
(b) The Archdeacon's.
(c) Mr. Slope's.
(d) The Thornes'.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes Eleanor a letter in Chapter 44?
2. Who does Mr. Slope discuss the position of Dean of Barchester Cathedral with in Chapter 32?
3. In Chapter 2, what makes Dr. Harding scandalous?
4. Who does Mr. Slope visit to discuss the wardenship in Chapter 24?
5. Why does Mr. Slope discuss the position of warden with Dr. Harding?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)