|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Proudies go after Mr. Slope's sermon?
2. Who can go to Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Ill statesmen.
(b) The mentally ill.
(c) Retired men.
3. What does Eleanor do in the morning at the end of Chapter 29?
(a) Reads the newspaper.
(b) Writes a letter to Mr. Slope.
(c) Packs her bags.
(d) Finds a job.
4. At the Thorne's party,who does Mrs. Proudie suggest has a chance to become the new Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
(a) Dr. Stanhope.
(b) Mr. Arabin.
(c) Mr. Slope.
(d) Countess de Courcy.
5. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
(a) That Mr. Slope is trying to marry Eleanor.
(b) That Mr. Slope is stealing Dr. Harding's money.
(c) That Mr. Slope is trying to harm her.
(d) That Mr. Slope is bribing the congregation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how are Mr. Slope's religious beliefs described?
2. After being unable to arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding, what does Mr. Slope do?
3. Who does Mr. Slope visit in Chapter 8?
4. How does Eleanor take part in a discussion about Mr. Slope with Mrs. Grantly?
5. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)