|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For Mr. Arabin's first sermon, where do the Archdeacon and Eleanor have lunch with Mr. Arabin?
(a) The Archdeacon's.
(b) The church.
(c) Mr. Slope's.
(d) The Thornes'.
2. How are the Archdeacon and Mr. Harding alike?
(a) They are both only children.
(b) They are both conservative.
(c) They are both liberal.
(d) They are both preachers.
3. At the Thorne's party, what does Mr. Slope do when Eleanor tries to be alone?
(a) He makes fun of her.
(b) He leaves her alone.
(c) He follows her.
(d) He watches her from a distance.
4. In Chapter 16, what causes a rift in Mr. Slope's relationship with Mrs. Proudie?
(a) The plans for the cathedral.
(b) Her friendship with Eleanor.
(c) Her money.
(d) The wardenship.
5. Where does Bertie leave for?
(a) The Thorne estate.
(c) Eleanor's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Archbishop feel is capable of being Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
2. How old is Mr. Arabin?
3. How does Eleanor feel when she finds out that Mr. Arabin thinks she will marry Mr. Slope?
4. In Chapter 6, what does the Archdeacon feel the church of Barchester needs?
5. In Chapter 32, who does the Bishop decide to give the wardenship to?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)