|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Archdeacon's meeting with the Bishop about the wardenship in Chapter 18?
(a) It was interrupted.
(b) It was one-sided.
(c) It was denied.
(d) It was delayed.
2. Why is Mr. Arabin at the Stanhope house in Chapter 46?
(a) To argue with Mr. Slope.
(b) To talk about Eleanor.
(c) To try to win favor for the deanery.
(d) To confess his love for the signora.
3. Who is first in the Harding family to learn that Dr. Harding has the wardenship?
(c) Mrs. Harding.
(d) Dr. Harding.
4. What makes the Archdeacon feel that Eleanor has disgraced herself?
(a) Because she is friends with the signora.
(b) Because she gambled away her money.
(c) Because she receives letters from Mr. Slope.
(d) Because she has been dating two men.
5. Why doesn't Bertie propose to Eleanor?
(a) He knows Mr. Arabin loves her more.
(b) He is afraid of Mr. Slope.
(c) He is too afraid to.
(d) He doesn't want to stay in Barchester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Slope discuss the position of Dean of Barchester Cathedral with in Chapter 32?
2. In Chapter 16, what causes a rift in Mr. Slope's relationship with Mrs. Proudie?
3. After Mr. Arabin's first sermon, how do the people feel about him?
4. What does Mrs. Quiverful tell Mrs. Proudie about that makes Mrs. Proudie want to help her?
5. In Chapter 1, what position needs to be filled?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)