|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Bishop visit with the Archbishop to discuss the deanery?
(a) The Thorne estate.
2. Why does Mrs. Proudie say that Mr. Slope will be fired?
(a) Because of his relationship with the signora.
(b) Because he has a poor work ethic.
(c) Because the people of Barchester voted him out.
(d) Because he wants to be Dean.
3. Who agrees with Mr. Slope's opinions of the warden position in Chapter 12?
(a) Mrs. Proudie.
(b) No one.
(c) Dr. Proudie.
(d) Dr. Harding.
4. When Eleanor talks to Bertie about Mr. Slope, what do they agree on?
(a) That Mr. Slope is right.
(b) That they will disagree about Mr. Slope.
(c) That Mr. Slope confuses them.
(d) That Mr. Slope is not trustworthy.
5. What does the Archdeacon say will happen if Mr. Slope marries Eleanor?
(a) Mr. Slope will have to find the hidden money.
(b) They will have to move far away.
(c) Mr. Slope will never be welcome in the family.
(d) Mr. Slope will have to get a new job.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the Thorne's party, what happens to the son of one of their tenants?
2. Who does the Archdeacon fear will become the new Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
3. In Chapter 29, who comes to see Eleanor to discuss her relationship with Mr. Slope?
4. How does the author describe the Thornes?
5. Why does Madeleine, "the signora", arrive late in Chapter 10?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)