|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
(a) That he is working to eliminate the position of warden.
(b) That he wants the position of warden himself.
(c) That he secretly raised the salary of the warden.
(d) That he convinced Dr. Harding to turn down the wardenship.
2. How are the Archdeacon and Mr. Harding alike?
(a) They are both preachers.
(b) They are both liberal.
(c) They are both conservative.
(d) They are both only children.
3. Who does Mr. Arabin meet at a party at the Stanhope's in Chapter 24?
(a) The signora.
(b) His cousin.
(c) The Archdeacon.
(d) The Bishop.
4. Who goes against the Thorne's wishes at their party?
(a) The Proudies.
(b) The Stanhopes.
(c) Mr. Slope.
(d) The Lookalofts.
5. Why are the tenant farmers angry with the Lookalofts?
(a) They are breaking up their family.
(b) They sold their farm.
(c) They tricked the Thornes.
(d) They joined the upper class party.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, who does the Archdeacon ask for help with the wardenship?
2. Who does Mr. Slope discuss the position of Dean of Barchester Cathedral with in Chapter 32?
3. In Chapter 6, what does the Archdeacon feel the church of Barchester needs?
4. What angers Mrs. Proudie at the party in Chapter 11?
5. In Chapter 33, who is Eleanor anxious to forgive?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)