|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets the job of preaching at St. Ewolds?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) Mr. Arabin.
(c) The Archdeacon.
(d) The Bishop.
2. What does Mr. Slope want to do before word gets out about the Bishop's appointment of wardenship?
(a) Write the signora.
(b) Ask Eleanor to marry him.
(c) Visit London.
(d) Stop the appointment.
3. What does Eleanor explain to her father at the Thorne's party?
(a) That she does not like Mr. Slope.
(b) That she wants reform in the church.
(c) That she didn't want to come in the first place.
(d) That she wants to move away.
4. How old is Mr. Arabin?
5. How does Mr. Arabin feel about reform in the church?
(a) He ignores it.
(b) He is for it.
(c) He believes a little reform is good.
(d) He is against it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Slope feel toward Eleanor after declaring his love for her?
2. What does Mr. Slope plan to do at the Thorne's party?
3. What game does Mrs. Thorne want to play at the party?
4. Who becomes warden of Hiram's Hospital?
5. Who upstages the signora's entrance at the Thorne's party?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)