|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Slope plan to do at the Thorne's party?
(a) Ask Eleanor to marry him.
(b) Leave early.
(c) Announce that he is the new Dean of Barchester Cathedral.
(d) Confess his feelings for the signora.
2. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(b) The Bishop.
(c) The Archdeacon.
(d) The King.
3. When Eleanor returns to Barchester, what has happened to the Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
(a) He has lost his job.
(b) He has had a stroke.
(c) He has left town.
(d) He has challenged the Bishop for his title.
4. What angers Mrs. Proudie at the party in Chapter 11?
(a) Her dress gets torn.
(b) Her couch is stained.
(c) She spills her drink.
(d) Mr. Proudie ignores her.
5. How does the Archdeacon feel about the Proudies when he meets them in Chapter 5?
(a) He has no opinion of them.
(b) He disapproves of them.
(c) He approves of them.
(d) He is unsure they will succeed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Slope visit to discuss the wardenship in Chapter 24?
2. Where is Mr. Slope a tutor?
3. Who does Eleanor begin to befriend in Chapter 21?
4. How does Mr. Slope feel toward Eleanor after declaring his love for her?
5. In Chapter 15, what does Charlotte try to convince Bertie to do?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)