|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor do when Mr. Slope declares his love?
(a) She returns the feeling.
(b) She slaps his face.
(c) She cries.
(d) She laughs at him.
2. What happens to the Archdeacon's meeting with the Bishop about the wardenship in Chapter 18?
(a) It was delayed.
(b) It was interrupted.
(c) It was denied.
(d) It was one-sided.
3. What angers Mrs. Proudie at the party in Chapter 11?
(a) Her couch is stained.
(b) Her dress gets torn.
(c) Mr. Proudie ignores her.
(d) She spills her drink.
4. What do the men do when Dr. Harding and Eleanor visit the Archdeacon?
(a) They go to inspect the church.
(b) They discuss what to do about Mr. Arabin.
(c) They stay home to talk.
(d) They start plotting against Mr. Slope.
5. How does Mrs. Quiverful get to the Proudie's?
(a) She hitches a ride.
(b) She walks.
(c) She takes a horse.
(d) She steals a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Slope plan to do at the Thorne's party?
2. Why does Mr. Slope discuss the position of warden with Dr. Harding?
3. How is Mr. Arabin described in terms of his religion?
4. How old is Mr. Arabin?
5. For Mr. Arabin's first sermon, where do the Archdeacon and Eleanor have lunch with Mr. Arabin?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)