|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor do when Mr. Slope declares his love?
(a) She laughs at him.
(b) She returns the feeling.
(c) She cries.
(d) She slaps his face.
2. What does Eleanor do in the morning at the end of Chapter 29?
(a) Packs her bags.
(b) Finds a job.
(c) Writes a letter to Mr. Slope.
(d) Reads the newspaper.
3. What does Mr. Slope learn about Eleanor when he is visiting Mr. Quiverful?
(a) That she is easily tricked.
(b) That she is well educated.
(c) That she has a large income.
(d) That she is actually poor.
4. What game does Mrs. Thorne want to play at the party?
(a) Tic Tac Toe.
5. In Chapter 6, who preaches at the church in Barchester as part of a challenge?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(c) Dr. Harding.
(d) Mr. Proudie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the Archdeacon and Mr. Harding alike?
2. Who does the Archdeacon fear will become the new Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
3. Why does Mr. Slope quickly return to town at the end of Chapter 40?
4. During the Thorne's party, what happens to the son of one of their tenants?
5. What does Eleanor think when Mr. Slope comes to visit her to show his support for her father as warden?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)