|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eleanor defend in Chapter 18 when she discusses the wardenship with her father and the Archdeacon?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) The Archdeacon.
(c) The signora.
(d) The Bishop.
2. Who is first in the Harding family to learn that Dr. Harding has the wardenship?
(a) Mrs. Harding.
(c) Dr. Harding.
3. In Chapter 17, who does Mrs. Proudie want for the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Mr. Proudie.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(c) Mr. Quiverful.
(d) Dr. Harding.
4. What does the Archdeacon feel he represents?
(a) The Parliament.
(b) The common man.
(c) High church tradition.
(d) Liberal movements.
5. How is Mr. Arabin described in terms of his religion?
(a) A well-established author.
(b) A fierce debater.
(c) A quiet preacher.
(d) A rising star.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
2. Why does Mr. Slope discuss the position of warden with Dr. Harding?
3. In Chapter 1, what position needs to be filled?
4. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
5. What does Mrs. Quiverful tell Mrs. Proudie about that makes Mrs. Proudie want to help her?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)