|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being unable to arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding, what does Mr. Slope do?
(a) Resign from his position.
(b) Write a letter to Eleanor.
(c) Give the wardenship to Mr. Quiverful.
(d) Write a letter to the signora.
2. How does Mr. Arabin respond when he hears that Eleanor might marry Mr. Slope?
(a) He writes the Bishop.
(b) He visits Mr. Slope.
(c) He visits Eleanor.
(d) He writes Eleanor.
3. Who gets the job of preaching at St. Ewolds?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) The Archdeacon.
(c) Mr. Arabin.
(d) The Bishop.
4. What does Eleanor do when Mr. Slope asks her if she will marry Mr. Slope?
(a) She leaves Plumstead.
(b) She cries.
(c) She talks to Charlotte about it.
(d) She laughs.
5. What do the men do when Dr. Harding and Eleanor visit the Archdeacon?
(a) They start plotting against Mr. Slope.
(b) They discuss what to do about Mr. Arabin.
(c) They go to inspect the church.
(d) They stay home to talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
2. In Chapter 33, who is Eleanor anxious to forgive?
3. Who does Mr. Slope visit to discuss the wardenship in Chapter 24?
4. How many possible candidates for the deanery does the Prime Minister consider?
5. For Mr. Arabin's first sermon, where do the Archdeacon and Eleanor have lunch with Mr. Arabin?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)