|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Arabin feel when he stays with the Archdeacon?
(a) Confident and powerful.
(b) Intelligent and lucky.
(c) Alone and isolated.
(d) Worried and upset.
2. In Chapter 26, who meets to discuss the wardenship?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Proudie.
(b) Mr. Slope and Mrs. Proudie.
(c) Mr. Slope and Mrs. Quiverful.
(d) The Proudies and Mr. Slope.
3. In Chapter 27, why can't Mr. Slope arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding?
(a) He has work in London.
(b) He is away at Plumstead.
(c) He denies Mr. Slope's invitation.
(d) He never gets the invitation.
4. What makes Mr. Slope's relationship with the signora complicated?
(a) She is married.
(b) She is disinterested in him.
(c) She lives far away.
(d) She is ill.
5. Who does Eleanor defend in Chapter 18 when she discusses the wardenship with her father and the Archdeacon?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) The Bishop.
(c) The signora.
(d) The Archdeacon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
2. During the Thorne's party, what happens to the son of one of their tenants?
3. What makes the Archdeacon feel that Eleanor has disgraced herself?
4. Who can go to Hiram's Hospital?
5. How is Mr. Arabin described in terms of his religion?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)