|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
(a) That he convinced Dr. Harding to turn down the wardenship.
(b) That he secretly raised the salary of the warden.
(c) That he wants the position of warden himself.
(d) That he is working to eliminate the position of warden.
2. When Eleanor returns to Barchester, what has happened to the Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
(a) He has left town.
(b) He has lost his job.
(c) He has challenged the Bishop for his title.
(d) He has had a stroke.
3. What does Mrs. Quiverful tell Mrs. Proudie about that makes Mrs. Proudie want to help her?
(a) The Quiverful's poverty.
(b) The Quiverful's broken carriage.
(c) The Quiverful's sick son.
(d) The Quiverful's gambling debts.
4. What do the men do when Dr. Harding and Eleanor visit the Archdeacon?
(a) They discuss what to do about Mr. Arabin.
(b) They stay home to talk.
(c) They go to inspect the church.
(d) They start plotting against Mr. Slope.
5. Who becomes warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Dr. Harding.
(b) Mr. Quiverful.
(c) Mr. Stanhope.
(d) Mr. Slope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the tenant farmers angry with the Lookalofts?
2. Who does Eleanor begin to befriend in Chapter 21?
3. In Chapter 27, why can't Mr. Slope arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding?
4. Who is first in the Harding family to learn that Dr. Harding has the wardenship?
5. After talking with Mr. Arabin at the Thorne's party, how does the signora feel about Mr. Arabin?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)