|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who is described as controlling what Dr. Proudie does?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(c) Mrs. Proudie.
2. When Eleanor returns to Barchester, what has happened to the Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
(a) He has challenged the Bishop for his title.
(b) He has had a stroke.
(c) He has left town.
(d) He has lost his job.
3. What does the Archdeacon feel he represents?
(a) Liberal movements.
(b) The Parliament.
(c) High church tradition.
(d) The common man.
4. What does Eleanor think when Mr. Slope comes to visit her to show his support for her father as warden?
(a) She decides she does not care for him.
(b) She is positive he is trying to marry her.
(c) She realizes how much she likes him.
(d) She is not sure if she can trust him.
5. Why does Mrs. Quiverful visit Mrs. Proudie?
(a) To discuss the wardenship.
(b) To get a recipe.
(c) To share some gossip.
(d) To plot against Mr. Slope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the Archdeacon feel that Eleanor has disgraced herself?
2. In Chapter 6, what does the Archdeacon feel the church of Barchester needs?
3. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
4. In Chapter 17, who does Mrs. Proudie want for the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
5. Where does the Bishop visit with the Archbishop to discuss the deanery?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)