|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Archdeacon say will happen if Mr. Slope marries Eleanor?
(a) They will have to move far away.
(b) Mr. Slope will never be welcome in the family.
(c) Mr. Slope will have to get a new job.
(d) Mr. Slope will have to find the hidden money.
2. How many people live in the Thorne household?
3. In Chapter 17, what does Mrs. Proudie tell Mr. Slope her role is?
(a) The decider.
(b) The power behind the throne.
(c) The unquestioned master.
(d) The silent supporter.
4. Who enjoys meeting the signora?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(c) Mr. Proudie.
(d) Mrs. Proudie.
5. After being unable to arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding, what does Mr. Slope do?
(a) Give the wardenship to Mr. Quiverful.
(b) Write a letter to Eleanor.
(c) Write a letter to the signora.
(d) Resign from his position.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eleanor take part in a discussion about Mr. Slope with Mrs. Grantly?
2. Where does the Archbishop live?
3. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
4. During the Thorne's party, what happens to the son of one of their tenants?
5. Who does Mr. Arabin meet at a party at the Stanhope's in Chapter 24?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)