|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eleanor begin to befriend in Chapter 21?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) Mr. Arabin.
(c) The Archdeacon.
(d) Mrs. Grantly.
2. How does the author describe the Thornes?
(d) Very modern.
3. In Chapter 33, who is Eleanor anxious to forgive?
(a) Charlotte Stanhope.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(c) Mr. Arabin.
(d) Bertie Stanhope.
4. At the Thorne's party,who does Mrs. Proudie suggest has a chance to become the new Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
(a) Mr. Arabin.
(b) Countess de Courcy.
(c) Dr. Stanhope.
(d) Mr. Slope.
5. What does Mr. Slope learn about Eleanor when he is visiting Mr. Quiverful?
(a) That she is easily tricked.
(b) That she is well educated.
(c) That she is actually poor.
(d) That she has a large income.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Harding go to in order to discuss the issue of Sunday school?
2. Where does the Archbishop live?
3. How are the Archdeacon and Mr. Harding alike?
4. In Chapter 26, who meets to discuss the wardenship?
5. What does Mr. Slope want to do before word gets out about the Bishop's appointment of wardenship?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)