|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) She agrees with him.
(b) She disagrees with him.
(c) She thought it was just a joke.
(d) She didn't hear the sermon.
2. How does Mr. Slope feel toward Eleanor after declaring his love for her?
(a) He feels confused.
(b) He feels negatively toward her.
(c) He feels more in love than ever.
(d) He feels sad.
3. Who can go to Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Ill statesmen.
(b) The mentally ill.
(d) Retired men.
4. What makes Mr. Arabin angry at the Thorne's party?
(a) Seeing Eleanor arrive with Mr. Slope.
(b) Learning he might have a new job.
(c) The presence of the Lookalofts.
(d) The food wasn't what he expected.
5. Where is Mr. Slope a tutor?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what does Mrs. Proudie tell Mr. Slope her role is?
2. How does the Archdeacon feel about the Proudies when he meets them in Chapter 5?
3. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
4. In Chapter 24, who does the Archdeacon ask for help with the wardenship?
5. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)