|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor do in the morning at the end of Chapter 29?
(a) Writes a letter to Mr. Slope.
(b) Packs her bags.
(c) Finds a job.
(d) Reads the newspaper.
2. What does Eleanor explain to her father at the Thorne's party?
(a) That she wants reform in the church.
(b) That she didn't want to come in the first place.
(c) That she wants to move away.
(d) That she does not like Mr. Slope.
3. What does Mr. Arabin tell the Archdeacon about Eleanor in Chapter 34?
(a) That she wants to run away.
(b) That she is trying to marry Mr. Slope.
(c) That she does not want to marry Mr. Slope.
(d) That she stole some of his money.
4. Who enjoys meeting the signora?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) Mrs. Proudie.
(d) Mr. Proudie.
5. How does Mr. Slope feel toward Eleanor after declaring his love for her?
(a) He feels more in love than ever.
(b) He feels negatively toward her.
(c) He feels confused.
(d) He feels sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Slope quickly return to town at the end of Chapter 40?
2. What does the Archdeacon feel he represents?
3. For Mr. Arabin's first sermon, where do the Archdeacon and Eleanor have lunch with Mr. Arabin?
4. Who is Dr. Proudie most associated with?
5. In Chapter 17, what does Mrs. Proudie tell Mr. Slope her role is?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)