|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dr. Harding go to in order to discuss the issue of Sunday school?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) The Bishop.
(c) Mrs. Proudie.
(d) The Archdeacon.
2. How is Mr. Arabin described in terms of his religion?
(a) A quiet preacher.
(b) A rising star.
(c) A well-established author.
(d) A fierce debater.
3. How does Eleanor feel when she finds out that Mr. Arabin thinks she will marry Mr. Slope?
4. Where does the Bishop visit with the Archbishop to discuss the deanery?
(b) The Thorne estate.
5. What do the Proudies do when they return from London in Chapter 10?
(a) Move to a new house.
(b) Invite the Stanhopes over.
(c) Confront the church officials.
(d) Throw a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Proudies go after Mr. Slope's sermon?
2. In Chapter 2, what makes Dr. Harding scandalous?
3. In Chapter 17, who does Mrs. Proudie want for the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
4. In Chapter 33, who is Eleanor anxious to forgive?
5. Who does Eleanor begin to befriend in Chapter 21?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)