|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor do when Mr. Slope declares his love?
(a) She cries.
(b) She returns the feeling.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She slaps his face.
2. After talking with Mr. Arabin at the Thorne's party, how does the signora feel about Mr. Arabin?
3. At the party in Chapter 11, what do Bertie and the Bishop discuss?
(a) Religious conversions.
(b) Foreign currency.
(c) Barchester's debt.
(d) A new cathedral.
4. What does Mr. Arabin tell the Archdeacon about Eleanor in Chapter 34?
(a) That she is trying to marry Mr. Slope.
(b) That she stole some of his money.
(c) That she wants to run away.
(d) That she does not want to marry Mr. Slope.
5. What is Eleanor doing when Mr. Slope comes to visit her in Chapter 16?
(a) Talking to her father.
(b) Getting dressed.
(c) Making lunch.
(d) Playing with her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Quiverful get to the Proudie's?
2. Who does Mr. Slope visit in Chapter 8?
3. How does the Bishop treat Mr. Slope at the Thorne's party?
4. Who does Eleanor begin to befriend in Chapter 21?
5. How are the Thornes involved in the current political situation of Chapter 22?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)