|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
(a) They think Mr. Slope is old-fashioned.
(b) They think Mr. Slope is a fool.
(c) They haven't met Mr. Slope yet.
(d) They think Mr. Slope is a reformer.
2. How does Mrs. Quiverful get to the Proudie's?
(a) She takes a horse.
(b) She steals a car.
(c) She hitches a ride.
(d) She walks.
3. In Chapter 15, what does Charlotte try to convince Bertie to do?
(a) To move to Europe.
(b) To get a steady job.
(c) To marry Eleanor.
(d) To bribe Mrs. Proudie.
4. How are the Thornes tied to Mr. Arabin?
(a) They are going to give him a place to stay.
(b) They used to know him years ago.
(c) They are distant cousins.
(d) They own the property where his church is.
5. When does "Barchester Towers" begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
2. During the debate over Sabbath schools in Chapter 5, what does the Archdeacon think of Mrs. Proudie's opinion?
3. How many people live in the Thorne household?
4. What does Eleanor think when Mr. Slope comes to visit her to show his support for her father as warden?
5. For Mr. Arabin's first sermon, where do the Archdeacon and Eleanor have lunch with Mr. Arabin?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)