|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dr. Proudie most associated with?
(a) Royal families and Parliament.
(b) Merchants and traders.
(c) Other doctors.
(d) Church goers and townspeople.
2. In Chapter 16, what causes a rift in Mr. Slope's relationship with Mrs. Proudie?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her friendship with Eleanor.
(c) The wardenship.
(d) The plans for the cathedral.
3. How many people live in the Thorne household?
4. In Chapter 15, what does Charlotte try to convince Bertie to do?
(a) To get a steady job.
(b) To move to Europe.
(c) To bribe Mrs. Proudie.
(d) To marry Eleanor.
5. How is Mr. Arabin described in terms of his religion?
(a) A fierce debater.
(b) A well-established author.
(c) A quiet preacher.
(d) A rising star.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Quiverful visit Mrs. Proudie?
2. What do the Proudies do when they return from London in Chapter 10?
3. Why does Madeleine, "the signora", arrive late in Chapter 10?
4. Who does Mr. Slope visit in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 6, what does the Archdeacon feel the church of Barchester needs?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)