|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dr. Harding go to in order to discuss the issue of Sunday school?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) The Archdeacon.
(c) Mrs. Proudie.
(d) The Bishop.
2. In Chapter 17, what does Mrs. Proudie tell Mr. Slope her role is?
(a) The power behind the throne.
(b) The unquestioned master.
(c) The decider.
(d) The silent supporter.
3. How are the Thornes tied to Mr. Arabin?
(a) They own the property where his church is.
(b) They are going to give him a place to stay.
(c) They are distant cousins.
(d) They used to know him years ago.
4. What makes Mr. Slope's relationship with the signora complicated?
(a) She is disinterested in him.
(b) She is ill.
(c) She is married.
(d) She lives far away.
5. At the party in Chapter 11, what do Bertie and the Bishop discuss?
(a) Religious conversions.
(b) Barchester's debt.
(c) Foreign currency.
(d) A new cathedral.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
2. In Chapter 24, who does the Archdeacon ask for help with the wardenship?
3. What do Mr. Stanhope and Charlotte discover about Bertie when they go through paperwork in Chapter 19?
4. Why does Madeleine, "the signora", arrive late in Chapter 10?
5. What do the Proudies do when they return from London in Chapter 10?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)