|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the Thornes involved in the current political situation of Chapter 22?
(a) They side with Parliament.
(b) They are trying out Communism.
(c) They are very behind the times.
(d) They side with the Church of England.
2. What do Mr. Stanhope and Charlotte discover about Bertie when they go through paperwork in Chapter 19?
(a) That he has come into money.
(b) That he has accumulated debt.
(c) That he is planning on moving again.
(d) That he has been seeing two women.
3. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
(a) One of luxury and idleness.
(b) One of parties and wastefulness.
(c) One of activity and involvement.
(d) One of hard work and dedication.
4. Who enjoys meeting the signora?
(a) Mr. Proudie.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(d) Mrs. Proudie.
5. Who does Mr. Slope visit to discuss the wardenship in Chapter 24?
(a) Mrs. Proudie.
(b) Dr. Gwynne.
(c) Mr. Quiverful.
(d) Dr. Harding.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Bishop confronts Mrs. Proudie about the position of warden, what happens?
2. Where is Mr. Slope a tutor?
3. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
4. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
5. In Chapter 17, what does Mrs. Proudie tell Mr. Slope her role is?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)