|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mr. Arabin's first sermon, how do the people feel about him?
2. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
(a) That he wants the position of warden himself.
(b) That he convinced Dr. Harding to turn down the wardenship.
(c) That he secretly raised the salary of the warden.
(d) That he is working to eliminate the position of warden.
3. In Chapter 15, what does Charlotte try to convince Bertie to do?
(a) To bribe Mrs. Proudie.
(b) To marry Eleanor.
(c) To move to Europe.
(d) To get a steady job.
4. In Chapter 17, what does Mrs. Proudie tell Mr. Slope her role is?
(a) The silent supporter.
(b) The unquestioned master.
(c) The power behind the throne.
(d) The decider.
5. What do the men do when Dr. Harding and Eleanor visit the Archdeacon?
(a) They discuss what to do about Mr. Arabin.
(b) They stay home to talk.
(c) They start plotting against Mr. Slope.
(d) They go to inspect the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Slope visit in Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 26, who meets to discuss the wardenship?
3. In Chapter 4, how are Mr. Slope's religious beliefs described?
4. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
5. What does Mr. Slope learn about Eleanor when he is visiting Mr. Quiverful?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)