|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) The King.
(d) The Bishop.
2. How does Mr. Arabin feel about reform in the church?
(a) He believes a little reform is good.
(b) He is against it.
(c) He ignores it.
(d) He is for it.
3. What do the Proudies do when they return from London in Chapter 10?
(a) Confront the church officials.
(b) Throw a party.
(c) Invite the Stanhopes over.
(d) Move to a new house.
4. What do Mr. Stanhope and Charlotte discover about Bertie when they go through paperwork in Chapter 19?
(a) That he has accumulated debt.
(b) That he is planning on moving again.
(c) That he has come into money.
(d) That he has been seeing two women.
5. Why does Mrs. Quiverful visit Mrs. Proudie?
(a) To plot against Mr. Slope.
(b) To discuss the wardenship.
(c) To get a recipe.
(d) To share some gossip.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
2. When does "Barchester Towers" begin?
3. What makes Mr. Slope's relationship with the signora complicated?
4. Who is Dr. Proudie most associated with?
5. In Chapter 2, what makes Dr. Harding scandalous?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)