|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who can go to Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Retired men.
(b) The mentally ill.
(d) Ill statesmen.
2. Why does Mr. Slope discuss the position of warden with Dr. Harding?
(a) He wants the position himself.
(b) He wants Dr. Harding to reject the position.
(c) He wants Dr. Harding to take his job seriously.
(d) He wants Dr. Harding to accept the position.
3. In Chapter 4, how are Mr. Slope's religious beliefs described?
(d) New age.
4. In Chapter 15, what does Charlotte try to convince Bertie to do?
(a) To get a steady job.
(b) To marry Eleanor.
(c) To bribe Mrs. Proudie.
(d) To move to Europe.
5. How does the author describe the Thornes?
(b) Very modern.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who is described as controlling what Dr. Proudie does?
2. How does Mr. Arabin feel when he stays with the Archdeacon?
3. Who gets the job of preaching at St. Ewolds?
4. What angers Mrs. Proudie at the party in Chapter 11?
5. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)