|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what does Charlotte try to convince Bertie to do?
(a) To get a steady job.
(b) To marry Eleanor.
(c) To move to Europe.
(d) To bribe Mrs. Proudie.
2. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
(a) That he is working to eliminate the position of warden.
(b) That he convinced Dr. Harding to turn down the wardenship.
(c) That he secretly raised the salary of the warden.
(d) That he wants the position of warden himself.
3. What does Eleanor think when Mr. Slope comes to visit her to show his support for her father as warden?
(a) She is positive he is trying to marry her.
(b) She realizes how much she likes him.
(c) She is not sure if she can trust him.
(d) She decides she does not care for him.
4. Who does Mr. Slope visit in Chapter 8?
(a) No one.
(b) The Proudies.
(c) The Archdeacon.
(d) Dr. Harding's daughters.
5. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
(a) Because he is more charismatic than the Proudies.
(b) Because the Proudies don't act on their power.
(c) Because the Proudies will give it to him.
(d) Because the Proudies will be in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Dr. Stanhope done while collecting his salary from the church?
2. Who is Dr. Proudie most associated with?
3. Why does Mr. Slope discuss the position of warden with Dr. Harding?
4. How are the Thornes involved in the current political situation of Chapter 22?
5. When Eleanor talks to Bertie about Mr. Slope, what do they agree on?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)