|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the debate over Sabbath schools in Chapter 5, what does the Archdeacon think of Mrs. Proudie's opinion?
(a) He thinks she shouldn't have one.
(b) He thinks she is ignorant.
(c) He thinks she is misguided.
(d) He thinks she is correct.
2. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
(a) One of activity and involvement.
(b) One of parties and wastefulness.
(c) One of luxury and idleness.
(d) One of hard work and dedication.
3. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
(a) She disapproves of it.
(b) She has no opinion.
(c) She wants to teach it.
(d) She approves of it.
4. How does Mrs. Quiverful get to the Proudie's?
(a) She hitches a ride.
(b) She takes a horse.
(c) She steals a car.
(d) She walks.
5. How are the Thornes involved in the current political situation of Chapter 22?
(a) They are trying out Communism.
(b) They are very behind the times.
(c) They side with the Church of England.
(d) They side with Parliament.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Arabin feel when he stays with the Archdeacon?
2. What do the men do when Dr. Harding and Eleanor visit the Archdeacon?
3. After Mr. Arabin's first sermon, how do the people feel about him?
4. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
5. How does the author describe the Thornes?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)