|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what does Charlotte try to convince Bertie to do?
(a) To bribe Mrs. Proudie.
(b) To get a steady job.
(c) To move to Europe.
(d) To marry Eleanor.
2. In Chapter 26, who meets to discuss the wardenship?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Proudie.
(b) Mr. Slope and Mrs. Quiverful.
(c) The Proudies and Mr. Slope.
(d) Mr. Slope and Mrs. Proudie.
3. During the debate over Sabbath schools in Chapter 5, what does the Archdeacon think of Mrs. Proudie's opinion?
(a) He thinks she is misguided.
(b) He thinks she shouldn't have one.
(c) He thinks she is ignorant.
(d) He thinks she is correct.
4. How are the Thornes tied to Mr. Arabin?
(a) They used to know him years ago.
(b) They own the property where his church is.
(c) They are distant cousins.
(d) They are going to give him a place to stay.
5. For Mr. Arabin's first sermon, where do the Archdeacon and Eleanor have lunch with Mr. Arabin?
(a) Mr. Slope's.
(b) The church.
(c) The Thornes'.
(d) The Archdeacon's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Arabin feel when he stays with the Archdeacon?
2. After Mr. Arabin's first sermon, how do the people feel about him?
3. Who does Eleanor defend in Chapter 18 when she discusses the wardenship with her father and the Archdeacon?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
5. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)