|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For Mr. Arabin's first sermon, where do the Archdeacon and Eleanor have lunch with Mr. Arabin?
(a) The Archdeacon's.
(b) The Thornes'.
(c) The church.
(d) Mr. Slope's.
2. Who gets the job of preaching at St. Ewolds?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) Mr. Arabin.
3. How does Mr. Arabin feel when he stays with the Archdeacon?
(a) Intelligent and lucky.
(b) Confident and powerful.
(c) Worried and upset.
(d) Alone and isolated.
4. Why does Mr. Slope discuss the position of warden with Dr. Harding?
(a) He wants Dr. Harding to accept the position.
(b) He wants the position himself.
(c) He wants Dr. Harding to reject the position.
(d) He wants Dr. Harding to take his job seriously.
5. How are the Thornes involved in the current political situation of Chapter 22?
(a) They are very behind the times.
(b) They are trying out Communism.
(c) They side with the Church of England.
(d) They side with Parliament.
Short Answer Questions
1. What angers Mrs. Proudie at the party in Chapter 11?
2. Who does Mr. Slope visit in Chapter 8?
3. Who does Mr. Arabin meet at a party at the Stanhope's in Chapter 24?
4. In Chapter 1, who dies?
5. In Chapter 3, who is described as controlling what Dr. Proudie does?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)