|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the Thornes involved in the current political situation of Chapter 22?
(a) They side with the Church of England.
(b) They are very behind the times.
(c) They side with Parliament.
(d) They are trying out Communism.
2. How does Eleanor take part in a discussion about Mr. Slope with Mrs. Grantly?
(a) She mocks him.
(b) She defends him.
(c) She questions his intentions.
(d) She criticizes him.
3. What do the Proudies do when they return from London in Chapter 10?
(a) Move to a new house.
(b) Invite the Stanhopes over.
(c) Throw a party.
(d) Confront the church officials.
4. At the party in Chapter 11, what do Bertie and the Bishop discuss?
(a) A new cathedral.
(b) Barchester's debt.
(c) Religious conversions.
(d) Foreign currency.
5. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
(a) That Mr. Slope is bribing the congregation.
(b) That Mr. Slope is trying to harm her.
(c) That Mr. Slope is trying to marry Eleanor.
(d) That Mr. Slope is stealing Dr. Harding's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
2. What do the men do when Dr. Harding and Eleanor visit the Archdeacon?
3. What happens to the Archdeacon's meeting with the Bishop about the wardenship in Chapter 18?
4. In Chapter 1, who dies?
5. Why does Mr. Slope discuss the position of warden with Dr. Harding?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)