|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
(a) That he convinced Dr. Harding to turn down the wardenship.
(b) That he secretly raised the salary of the warden.
(c) That he is working to eliminate the position of warden.
(d) That he wants the position of warden himself.
2. Why does Madeleine, "the signora", arrive late in Chapter 10?
(a) To make a scene.
(b) To prove her point.
(c) Because she's always running late.
(d) Because she was lost.
3. During the debate over Sabbath schools in Chapter 5, what does the Archdeacon think of Mrs. Proudie's opinion?
(a) He thinks she is ignorant.
(b) He thinks she is misguided.
(c) He thinks she shouldn't have one.
(d) He thinks she is correct.
4. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
(a) That Mr. Slope is trying to marry Eleanor.
(b) That Mr. Slope is bribing the congregation.
(c) That Mr. Slope is stealing Dr. Harding's money.
(d) That Mr. Slope is trying to harm her.
5. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(b) The Archdeacon.
(c) The King.
(d) The Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Quiverful tell Mrs. Proudie about that makes Mrs. Proudie want to help her?
2. In Chapter 6, who preaches at the church in Barchester as part of a challenge?
3. In Chapter 3, who is described as controlling what Dr. Proudie does?
4. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
5. What do Mr. Stanhope and Charlotte discover about Bertie when they go through paperwork in Chapter 19?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)