|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Archdeacon feel about the Proudies when he meets them in Chapter 5?
(a) He disapproves of them.
(b) He has no opinion of them.
(c) He approves of them.
(d) He is unsure they will succeed.
2. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
(a) They think Mr. Slope is old-fashioned.
(b) They think Mr. Slope is a reformer.
(c) They haven't met Mr. Slope yet.
(d) They think Mr. Slope is a fool.
3. Why does Mr. Slope discuss the position of warden with Dr. Harding?
(a) He wants Dr. Harding to accept the position.
(b) He wants Dr. Harding to reject the position.
(c) He wants Dr. Harding to take his job seriously.
(d) He wants the position himself.
4. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) They pay Mr. Slope to preach again.
(b) They ban Mr. Slope from preaching.
(c) They have Mr. Slope write for them.
(d) They find Mr. Slope a job in another town.
5. In Chapter 1, what position needs to be filled?
(a) King of England.
(c) Town Priest.
(d) Bishop of Barchester.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does "Barchester Towers" begin?
2. Who does the Archdeacon want as warden of Hiram's Hospital?
3. In Chapter 17, what does Mrs. Proudie tell Mr. Slope her role is?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
5. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)