|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people live in the Thorne household?
2. In Chapter 1, who dies?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) Dr. Harding.
(c) Dr. Grantly, Sr.
(d) Dr. Proudie.
3. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
(a) She wants to teach it.
(b) She approves of it.
(c) She disapproves of it.
(d) She has no opinion.
4. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) They ban Mr. Slope from preaching.
(b) They have Mr. Slope write for them.
(c) They pay Mr. Slope to preach again.
(d) They find Mr. Slope a job in another town.
5. In Chapter 2, what makes Dr. Harding scandalous?
(a) People thought he made too much money.
(b) People thought he had been lying.
(c) People worried he had a girlfriend.
(d) People thought he had killed a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
2. How many children do the Stanhopes have?
3. When Eleanor talks to Bertie about Mr. Slope, what do they agree on?
4. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
5. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)