|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Dr. Stanhope done while collecting his salary from the church?
(b) Run another church.
(c) Lived in Italy.
(d) Worked as an accountant.
2. Who does Dr. Harding go to in order to discuss the issue of Sunday school?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) Mrs. Proudie.
3. In Chapter 15, what does Charlotte try to convince Bertie to do?
(a) To get a steady job.
(b) To move to Europe.
(c) To bribe Mrs. Proudie.
(d) To marry Eleanor.
4. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
(a) Because he is more charismatic than the Proudies.
(b) Because the Proudies don't act on their power.
(c) Because the Proudies will be in London.
(d) Because the Proudies will give it to him.
5. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) They have Mr. Slope write for them.
(b) They ban Mr. Slope from preaching.
(c) They pay Mr. Slope to preach again.
(d) They find Mr. Slope a job in another town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Archdeacon feel he represents?
2. In Chapter 17, what does Mrs. Proudie tell Mr. Slope her role is?
3. In Chapter 17, who does Mrs. Proudie want for the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
4. In Chapter 3, who is described as controlling what Dr. Proudie does?
5. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)