|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Archdeacon's meeting with the Bishop about the wardenship in Chapter 18?
(a) It was denied.
(b) It was interrupted.
(c) It was delayed.
(d) It was one-sided.
2. Why does Madeleine, "the signora", arrive late in Chapter 10?
(a) Because she's always running late.
(b) To prove her point.
(c) Because she was lost.
(d) To make a scene.
3. What is the Archdeacon's home known as?
4. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) They pay Mr. Slope to preach again.
(b) They have Mr. Slope write for them.
(c) They ban Mr. Slope from preaching.
(d) They find Mr. Slope a job in another town.
5. In Chapter 6, who preaches at the church in Barchester as part of a challenge?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) Mr. Proudie.
(c) Dr. Harding.
(d) Mr. Slope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eleanor begin to befriend in Chapter 21?
2. How does the author describe the Thornes?
3. In Chapter 3, who is described as controlling what Dr. Proudie does?
4. In Chapter 17, what does Mrs. Proudie tell Mr. Slope her role is?
5. How are the Archdeacon and Mr. Harding alike?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)