|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who is described as controlling what Dr. Proudie does?
(c) Mr. Slope.
(d) Mrs. Proudie.
2. Where do the Proudies go after Mr. Slope's sermon?
3. In Chapter 17, who does Mrs. Proudie want for the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) Mr. Quiverful.
(c) Mr. Proudie.
(d) Dr. Harding.
4. What do Mr. Stanhope and Charlotte discover about Bertie when they go through paperwork in Chapter 19?
(a) That he has come into money.
(b) That he has been seeing two women.
(c) That he is planning on moving again.
(d) That he has accumulated debt.
5. What do the Proudies do when they return from London in Chapter 10?
(a) Move to a new house.
(b) Invite the Stanhopes over.
(c) Throw a party.
(d) Confront the church officials.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
2. In Chapter 4, how are Mr. Slope's religious beliefs described?
3. What does the Archdeacon say will happen if Mr. Slope marries Eleanor?
4. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
5. During the debate over Sabbath schools in Chapter 5, what does the Archdeacon think of Mrs. Proudie's opinion?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)