|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Archdeacon want as warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) Mrs. Proudie.
(d) Dr. Harding.
2. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
(a) They think Mr. Slope is a reformer.
(b) They think Mr. Slope is old-fashioned.
(c) They haven't met Mr. Slope yet.
(d) They think Mr. Slope is a fool.
3. What does Mr. Slope learn about Eleanor when he is visiting Mr. Quiverful?
(a) That she is actually poor.
(b) That she has a large income.
(c) That she is well educated.
(d) That she is easily tricked.
4. Who is meant to run Hiram's Hospital?
(a) A nun.
(b) A priest.
(c) The King.
(d) A warden.
5. In Chapter 16, what causes a rift in Mr. Slope's relationship with Mrs. Proudie?
(a) Her friendship with Eleanor.
(b) The plans for the cathedral.
(c) The wardenship.
(d) Her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people live in the Thorne household?
2. What has Dr. Stanhope done while collecting his salary from the church?
3. What is the Archdeacon's home known as?
4. How is Mr. Arabin described in terms of his religion?
5. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)