|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does the Archdeacon feel the church of Barchester needs?
(b) A new congregation.
2. In Chapter 15, what does Charlotte try to convince Bertie to do?
(a) To get a steady job.
(b) To move to Europe.
(c) To bribe Mrs. Proudie.
(d) To marry Eleanor.
3. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(b) The Bishop.
(c) The King.
(d) The Archdeacon.
4. What has Dr. Stanhope done while collecting his salary from the church?
(b) Run another church.
(c) Lived in Italy.
(d) Worked as an accountant.
5. In Chapter 17, what does Mrs. Proudie tell Mr. Slope her role is?
(a) The unquestioned master.
(b) The decider.
(c) The silent supporter.
(d) The power behind the throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Eleanor talks to Bertie about Mr. Slope, what do they agree on?
2. In Chapter 2, what makes Dr. Harding scandalous?
3. Who agrees with Mr. Slope's opinions of the warden position in Chapter 12?
4. What makes Mr. Slope's relationship with the signora complicated?
5. What do Mr. Stanhope and Charlotte discover about Bertie when they go through paperwork in Chapter 19?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)