|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Arabin feel when he stays with the Archdeacon?
(a) Confident and powerful.
(b) Alone and isolated.
(c) Worried and upset.
(d) Intelligent and lucky.
2. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
(a) They haven't met Mr. Slope yet.
(b) They think Mr. Slope is old-fashioned.
(c) They think Mr. Slope is a fool.
(d) They think Mr. Slope is a reformer.
3. What does Mr. Slope learn about Eleanor when he is visiting Mr. Quiverful?
(a) That she has a large income.
(b) That she is easily tricked.
(c) That she is well educated.
(d) That she is actually poor.
4. What has Dr. Stanhope done while collecting his salary from the church?
(a) Run another church.
(b) Lived in Italy.
(c) Worked as an accountant.
5. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) They find Mr. Slope a job in another town.
(b) They pay Mr. Slope to preach again.
(c) They have Mr. Slope write for them.
(d) They ban Mr. Slope from preaching.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
2. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
3. What do Mr. Stanhope and Charlotte discover about Bertie when they go through paperwork in Chapter 19?
4. At the party in Chapter 11, what do Bertie and the Bishop discuss?
5. Who enjoys meeting the signora?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)