|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
(a) She approves of it.
(b) She wants to teach it.
(c) She disapproves of it.
(d) She has no opinion.
2. Who is meant to run Hiram's Hospital?
(a) The King.
(b) A priest.
(c) A warden.
(d) A nun.
3. What does Eleanor think when Mr. Slope comes to visit her to show his support for her father as warden?
(a) She realizes how much she likes him.
(b) She is not sure if she can trust him.
(c) She is positive he is trying to marry her.
(d) She decides she does not care for him.
4. How are the Archdeacon and Mr. Harding alike?
(a) They are both only children.
(b) They are both liberal.
(c) They are both conservative.
(d) They are both preachers.
5. In Chapter 1, who dies?
(a) Dr. Grantly, Sr.
(b) Dr. Proudie.
(c) The Archdeacon.
(d) Dr. Harding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Archdeacon's home known as?
2. How does the author describe the Thornes?
3. In Chapter 6, what does the Archdeacon feel the church of Barchester needs?
4. In Chapter 6, who preaches at the church in Barchester as part of a challenge?
5. Who does the Archdeacon want as warden of Hiram's Hospital?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)