|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, who preaches at the church in Barchester as part of a challenge?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) Dr. Harding.
(c) Mr. Proudie.
(d) Mr. Slope.
2. How many children do the Stanhopes have?
3. In Chapter 4, how are Mr. Slope's religious beliefs described?
(b) New age.
4. What does Eleanor think when Mr. Slope comes to visit her to show his support for her father as warden?
(a) She is positive he is trying to marry her.
(b) She is not sure if she can trust him.
(c) She realizes how much she likes him.
(d) She decides she does not care for him.
5. How does Eleanor take part in a discussion about Mr. Slope with Mrs. Grantly?
(a) She defends him.
(b) She questions his intentions.
(c) She mocks him.
(d) She criticizes him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Madeleine, "the signora", arrive late in Chapter 10?
2. What is Eleanor doing when Mr. Slope comes to visit her in Chapter 16?
3. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
4. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
5. When Eleanor talks to Bertie about Mr. Slope, what do they agree on?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)