|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mr. Stanhope and Charlotte discover about Bertie when they go through paperwork in Chapter 19?
(a) That he has been seeing two women.
(b) That he has accumulated debt.
(c) That he is planning on moving again.
(d) That he has come into money.
2. How are the Thornes involved in the current political situation of Chapter 22?
(a) They side with the Church of England.
(b) They are trying out Communism.
(c) They side with Parliament.
(d) They are very behind the times.
3. What is Eleanor doing when Mr. Slope comes to visit her in Chapter 16?
(a) Playing with her son.
(b) Talking to her father.
(c) Getting dressed.
(d) Making lunch.
4. In Chapter 17, what does Mrs. Proudie tell Mr. Slope her role is?
(a) The silent supporter.
(b) The decider.
(c) The power behind the throne.
(d) The unquestioned master.
5. In Chapter 2, what makes Dr. Harding scandalous?
(a) People thought he had been lying.
(b) People thought he made too much money.
(c) People thought he had killed a man.
(d) People worried he had a girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
2. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
3. In Chapter 16, what causes a rift in Mr. Slope's relationship with Mrs. Proudie?
4. What makes Mr. Slope's relationship with the signora complicated?
5. Where is Mr. Slope a tutor?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)