|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Dr. Stanhope done while collecting his salary from the church?
(a) Run another church.
(b) Worked as an accountant.
(d) Lived in Italy.
2. Who is Dr. Proudie most associated with?
(a) Other doctors.
(b) Royal families and Parliament.
(c) Merchants and traders.
(d) Church goers and townspeople.
3. How does the Archdeacon feel about the Proudies when he meets them in Chapter 5?
(a) He is unsure they will succeed.
(b) He has no opinion of them.
(c) He disapproves of them.
(d) He approves of them.
4. In Chapter 6, what does the Archdeacon feel the church of Barchester needs?
(a) A new congregation.
5. At the party in Chapter 11, what do Bertie and the Bishop discuss?
(a) Barchester's debt.
(b) A new cathedral.
(c) Foreign currency.
(d) Religious conversions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Slope discuss the position of warden with Dr. Harding?
2. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
3. What angers Mrs. Proudie at the party in Chapter 11?
4. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
5. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)