|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Slope discuss the position of warden with Dr. Harding?
(a) He wants Dr. Harding to take his job seriously.
(b) He wants the position himself.
(c) He wants Dr. Harding to accept the position.
(d) He wants Dr. Harding to reject the position.
2. What does the Archdeacon feel he represents?
(a) The common man.
(b) Liberal movements.
(c) The Parliament.
(d) High church tradition.
3. Who can go to Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Ill statesmen.
(b) Retired men.
(c) The mentally ill.
4. Who does Mr. Slope visit in Chapter 8?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) Dr. Harding's daughters.
(c) The Proudies.
(d) No one.
5. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
(a) They think Mr. Slope is a fool.
(b) They think Mr. Slope is old-fashioned.
(c) They think Mr. Slope is a reformer.
(d) They haven't met Mr. Slope yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr. Slope a tutor?
2. Who gets the job of preaching at St. Ewolds?
3. During the debate over Sabbath schools in Chapter 5, what does the Archdeacon think of Mrs. Proudie's opinion?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
5. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)