|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the debate over Sabbath schools in Chapter 5, what does the Archdeacon think of Mrs. Proudie's opinion?
(a) He thinks she shouldn't have one.
(b) He thinks she is misguided.
(c) He thinks she is correct.
(d) He thinks she is ignorant.
2. How are the Archdeacon and Mr. Harding alike?
(a) They are both conservative.
(b) They are both liberal.
(c) They are both preachers.
(d) They are both only children.
3. What does the Archdeacon say will happen if Mr. Slope marries Eleanor?
(a) Mr. Slope will never be welcome in the family.
(b) Mr. Slope will have to get a new job.
(c) Mr. Slope will have to find the hidden money.
(d) They will have to move far away.
4. What does the Archdeacon feel he represents?
(a) The common man.
(b) Liberal movements.
(c) High church tradition.
(d) The Parliament.
5. Who is Dr. Proudie most associated with?
(a) Church goers and townspeople.
(b) Royal families and Parliament.
(c) Merchants and traders.
(d) Other doctors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Madeleine, "the signora", arrive late in Chapter 10?
2. In Chapter 4, how are Mr. Slope's religious beliefs described?
3. At the party in Chapter 11, what do Bertie and the Bishop discuss?
4. Who enjoys meeting the signora?
5. Who becomes warden of Hiram's Hospital?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)