|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does the Archdeacon feel the church of Barchester needs?
(a) A new congregation.
2. Who does Mr. Slope visit in Chapter 8?
(a) The Proudies.
(b) The Archdeacon.
(c) No one.
(d) Dr. Harding's daughters.
3. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
(a) That he is working to eliminate the position of warden.
(b) That he wants the position of warden himself.
(c) That he convinced Dr. Harding to turn down the wardenship.
(d) That he secretly raised the salary of the warden.
4. What does the Archdeacon say will happen if Mr. Slope marries Eleanor?
(a) Mr. Slope will never be welcome in the family.
(b) They will have to move far away.
(c) Mr. Slope will have to find the hidden money.
(d) Mr. Slope will have to get a new job.
5. Who does the Archdeacon want as warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) Dr. Harding.
(c) Mrs. Proudie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes warden of Hiram's Hospital?
2. During the debate over Sabbath schools in Chapter 5, what does the Archdeacon think of Mrs. Proudie's opinion?
3. At the party in Chapter 11, what do Bertie and the Bishop discuss?
4. In Chapter 1, what position needs to be filled?
5. Why does Madeleine, "the signora", arrive late in Chapter 10?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)