|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Madeleine, "the signora", arrive late in Chapter 10?
(a) To prove her point.
(b) Because she was lost.
(c) To make a scene.
(d) Because she's always running late.
2. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
(a) Because the Proudies will give it to him.
(b) Because the Proudies will be in London.
(c) Because the Proudies don't act on their power.
(d) Because he is more charismatic than the Proudies.
3. Who can go to Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Retired men.
(b) The mentally ill.
(c) Ill statesmen.
4. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
(a) She has no opinion.
(b) She approves of it.
(c) She wants to teach it.
(d) She disapproves of it.
5. At the party in Chapter 11, what do Bertie and the Bishop discuss?
(a) Religious conversions.
(b) Foreign currency.
(c) Barchester's debt.
(d) A new cathedral.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
2. During the debate over Sabbath schools in Chapter 5, what does the Archdeacon think of Mrs. Proudie's opinion?
3. Who does the Archdeacon want as warden of Hiram's Hospital?
4. How are the Archdeacon and Mr. Harding alike?
5. In Chapter 1, what position needs to be filled?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)