|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
(a) Because he is more charismatic than the Proudies.
(b) Because the Proudies will be in London.
(c) Because the Proudies will give it to him.
(d) Because the Proudies don't act on their power.
2. At the party in Chapter 11, what do Bertie and the Bishop discuss?
(a) Foreign currency.
(b) Religious conversions.
(c) Barchester's debt.
(d) A new cathedral.
3. Who can go to Hiram's Hospital?
(b) The mentally ill.
(c) Retired men.
(d) Ill statesmen.
4. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
(a) One of parties and wastefulness.
(b) One of hard work and dedication.
(c) One of luxury and idleness.
(d) One of activity and involvement.
5. In Chapter 6, who preaches at the church in Barchester as part of a challenge?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) Mr. Proudie.
(c) Mr. Slope.
(d) Dr. Harding.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
2. In Chapter 6, what does the Archdeacon feel the church of Barchester needs?
3. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
4. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
5. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)