|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
(a) Because the Proudies will give it to him.
(b) Because he is more charismatic than the Proudies.
(c) Because the Proudies will be in London.
(d) Because the Proudies don't act on their power.
2. In Chapter 6, who preaches at the church in Barchester as part of a challenge?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) Mr. Proudie.
(c) Dr. Harding.
(d) The Archdeacon.
3. How are the Archdeacon and Mr. Harding alike?
(a) They are both conservative.
(b) They are both liberal.
(c) They are both preachers.
(d) They are both only children.
4. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
(a) She wants to teach it.
(b) She disapproves of it.
(c) She has no opinion.
(d) She approves of it.
5. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) She thought it was just a joke.
(b) She agrees with him.
(c) She disagrees with him.
(d) She didn't hear the sermon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who is described as controlling what Dr. Proudie does?
2. Who gets the job of preaching at St. Ewolds?
3. How many children do the Stanhopes have?
4. Who is meant to run Hiram's Hospital?
5. Where does the Proudie family prefer to live?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)