|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) She didn't hear the sermon.
(b) She agrees with him.
(c) She thought it was just a joke.
(d) She disagrees with him.
2. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
(a) They haven't met Mr. Slope yet.
(b) They think Mr. Slope is old-fashioned.
(c) They think Mr. Slope is a fool.
(d) They think Mr. Slope is a reformer.
3. What do the Proudies do when they return from London in Chapter 10?
(a) Throw a party.
(b) Invite the Stanhopes over.
(c) Confront the church officials.
(d) Move to a new house.
4. Why does Mr. Slope discuss the position of warden with Dr. Harding?
(a) He wants the position himself.
(b) He wants Dr. Harding to reject the position.
(c) He wants Dr. Harding to accept the position.
(d) He wants Dr. Harding to take his job seriously.
5. Where is Mr. Slope a tutor?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children do the Stanhopes have?
2. Who becomes warden of Hiram's Hospital?
3. What does the Archdeacon feel he represents?
4. Who agrees with Mr. Slope's opinions of the warden position in Chapter 12?
5. Who is Dr. Proudie most associated with?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)