|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what makes Dr. Harding scandalous?
(a) People worried he had a girlfriend.
(b) People thought he had been lying.
(c) People thought he had killed a man.
(d) People thought he made too much money.
2. How does the Archdeacon feel about the Proudies when he meets them in Chapter 5?
(a) He has no opinion of them.
(b) He disapproves of them.
(c) He approves of them.
(d) He is unsure they will succeed.
3. At the party in Chapter 11, what do Bertie and the Bishop discuss?
(a) Religious conversions.
(b) A new cathedral.
(c) Barchester's debt.
(d) Foreign currency.
4. How are the Archdeacon and Mr. Harding alike?
(a) They are both liberal.
(b) They are both only children.
(c) They are both conservative.
(d) They are both preachers.
5. During the debate over Sabbath schools in Chapter 5, what does the Archdeacon think of Mrs. Proudie's opinion?
(a) He thinks she shouldn't have one.
(b) He thinks she is correct.
(c) He thinks she is ignorant.
(d) He thinks she is misguided.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
2. Who does the Archdeacon want as warden of Hiram's Hospital?
3. What does the Archdeacon feel he represents?
4. What angers Mrs. Proudie at the party in Chapter 11?
5. When does "Barchester Towers" begin?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)