|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Archdeacon want as warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) Dr. Harding.
(d) Mrs. Proudie.
2. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
(a) One of activity and involvement.
(b) One of luxury and idleness.
(c) One of hard work and dedication.
(d) One of parties and wastefulness.
3. During the debate over Sabbath schools in Chapter 5, what does the Archdeacon think of Mrs. Proudie's opinion?
(a) He thinks she is correct.
(b) He thinks she shouldn't have one.
(c) He thinks she is misguided.
(d) He thinks she is ignorant.
4. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
(a) That he is working to eliminate the position of warden.
(b) That he convinced Dr. Harding to turn down the wardenship.
(c) That he wants the position of warden himself.
(d) That he secretly raised the salary of the warden.
5. In Chapter 1, what position needs to be filled?
(a) King of England.
(b) Bishop of Barchester.
(c) Town Priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Archdeacon feel he represents?
2. When does "Barchester Towers" begin?
3. Who is Dr. Proudie most associated with?
4. Who enjoys meeting the signora?
5. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)