|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what position needs to be filled?
(b) King of England.
(c) Town Priest.
(d) Bishop of Barchester.
2. In Chapter 6, what does the Archdeacon feel the church of Barchester needs?
(c) A new congregation.
3. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
(a) Because the Proudies don't act on their power.
(b) Because the Proudies will be in London.
(c) Because the Proudies will give it to him.
(d) Because he is more charismatic than the Proudies.
4. What does the Archdeacon say will happen if Mr. Slope marries Eleanor?
(a) Mr. Slope will have to get a new job.
(b) Mr. Slope will never be welcome in the family.
(c) Mr. Slope will have to find the hidden money.
(d) They will have to move far away.
5. Where do the Proudies go after Mr. Slope's sermon?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who is described as controlling what Dr. Proudie does?
2. When does "Barchester Towers" begin?
3. How does the Archdeacon feel about the Proudies when he meets them in Chapter 5?
4. Who becomes warden of Hiram's Hospital?
5. What does the Archdeacon feel he represents?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)