|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Proudies do when they return from London in Chapter 10?
(a) Move to a new house.
(b) Invite the Stanhopes over.
(c) Confront the church officials.
(d) Throw a party.
2. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
(a) Because he is more charismatic than the Proudies.
(b) Because the Proudies don't act on their power.
(c) Because the Proudies will give it to him.
(d) Because the Proudies will be in London.
3. What does the Archdeacon say will happen if Mr. Slope marries Eleanor?
(a) Mr. Slope will have to find the hidden money.
(b) They will have to move far away.
(c) Mr. Slope will have to get a new job.
(d) Mr. Slope will never be welcome in the family.
4. Who becomes warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) Dr. Harding.
(c) Mr. Stanhope.
(d) Mr. Quiverful.
5. In Chapter 4, how are Mr. Slope's religious beliefs described?
(b) New age.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who is described as controlling what Dr. Proudie does?
2. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
3. In Chapter 6, who preaches at the church in Barchester as part of a challenge?
4. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
5. At the party in Chapter 11, what do Bertie and the Bishop discuss?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)