|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does "Barchester Towers" begin?
2. In Chapter 1, who dies?
(a) Dr. Grantly, Sr.
(b) Dr. Harding.
(c) The Archdeacon.
(d) Dr. Proudie.
3. How does the Archdeacon feel about the Proudies when he meets them in Chapter 5?
(a) He approves of them.
(b) He is unsure they will succeed.
(c) He has no opinion of them.
(d) He disapproves of them.
4. Where does the Proudie family prefer to live?
5. How are the Archdeacon and Mr. Harding alike?
(a) They are both conservative.
(b) They are both only children.
(c) They are both preachers.
(d) They are both liberal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
2. Why does Madeleine, "the signora", arrive late in Chapter 10?
3. In Chapter 1, what position needs to be filled?
4. Where do the Proudies go after Mr. Slope's sermon?
5. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)