|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Slope visit in Chapter 8?
(a) No one.
(b) Dr. Harding's daughters.
(c) The Archdeacon.
(d) The Proudies.
2. In Chapter 3, who is described as controlling what Dr. Proudie does?
(b) Mr. Slope.
(c) Mrs. Proudie.
3. During the debate over Sabbath schools in Chapter 5, what does the Archdeacon think of Mrs. Proudie's opinion?
(a) He thinks she is ignorant.
(b) He thinks she is misguided.
(c) He thinks she shouldn't have one.
(d) He thinks she is correct.
4. How does the Archdeacon feel about the Proudies when he meets them in Chapter 5?
(a) He is unsure they will succeed.
(b) He disapproves of them.
(c) He has no opinion of them.
(d) He approves of them.
5. Who is Dr. Proudie most associated with?
(a) Royal families and Parliament.
(b) Other doctors.
(c) Merchants and traders.
(d) Church goers and townspeople.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Archdeacon want as warden of Hiram's Hospital?
2. When does "Barchester Towers" begin?
3. How many children do the Stanhopes have?
4. What do the Proudies do when they return from London in Chapter 10?
5. In Chapter 1, what position needs to be filled?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)