|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
(a) Because the Proudies don't act on their power.
(b) Because the Proudies will be in London.
(c) Because he is more charismatic than the Proudies.
(d) Because the Proudies will give it to him.
2. Who can go to Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Ill statesmen.
(b) Retired men.
(c) The mentally ill.
3. Where do the Proudies go after Mr. Slope's sermon?
4. In Chapter 4, how are Mr. Slope's religious beliefs described?
(d) New age.
5. What do the Proudies do when they return from London in Chapter 10?
(a) Throw a party.
(b) Move to a new house.
(c) Confront the church officials.
(d) Invite the Stanhopes over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Archdeacon feel he represents?
2. How does the Archdeacon feel about the Proudies when he meets them in Chapter 5?
3. Who does the Archdeacon want as warden of Hiram's Hospital?
4. When does "Barchester Towers" begin?
5. Where is Mr. Slope a tutor?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)