|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what position needs to be filled?
(a) Bishop of Barchester.
(b) Town Priest.
(c) King of England.
2. Who is meant to run Hiram's Hospital?
(a) The King.
(b) A nun.
(c) A warden.
(d) A priest.
3. In Chapter 1, who dies?
(a) Dr. Harding.
(b) The Archdeacon.
(c) Dr. Grantly, Sr.
(d) Dr. Proudie.
4. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) The King.
(c) The Bishop.
5. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) They have Mr. Slope write for them.
(b) They find Mr. Slope a job in another town.
(c) They pay Mr. Slope to preach again.
(d) They ban Mr. Slope from preaching.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Dr. Stanhope done while collecting his salary from the church?
2. How does the Archdeacon feel about the Proudies when he meets them in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 2, what makes Dr. Harding scandalous?
4. What does the Archdeacon feel he represents?
5. In Chapter 6, who preaches at the church in Barchester as part of a challenge?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)