|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how are Mr. Slope's religious beliefs described?
(d) New age.
2. Why does Madeleine, "the signora", arrive late in Chapter 10?
(a) Because she was lost.
(b) To make a scene.
(c) Because she's always running late.
(d) To prove her point.
3. Where is Mr. Slope a tutor?
4. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) They pay Mr. Slope to preach again.
(b) They have Mr. Slope write for them.
(c) They find Mr. Slope a job in another town.
(d) They ban Mr. Slope from preaching.
5. What does the Archdeacon feel he represents?
(a) The common man.
(b) High church tradition.
(c) Liberal movements.
(d) The Parliament.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the Archdeacon and Mr. Harding alike?
2. How does the Archdeacon feel about the Proudies when he meets them in Chapter 5?
3. What has Dr. Stanhope done while collecting his salary from the church?
4. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
5. How many children do the Stanhopes have?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)