|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
(a) One of hard work and dedication.
(b) One of luxury and idleness.
(c) One of activity and involvement.
(d) One of parties and wastefulness.
2. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
(a) They think Mr. Slope is a fool.
(b) They haven't met Mr. Slope yet.
(c) They think Mr. Slope is old-fashioned.
(d) They think Mr. Slope is a reformer.
3. Who is meant to run Hiram's Hospital?
(a) The King.
(b) A nun.
(c) A warden.
(d) A priest.
4. In Chapter 4, how are Mr. Slope's religious beliefs described?
(c) New age.
5. In Chapter 6, what does the Archdeacon feel the church of Barchester needs?
(b) A new congregation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Madeleine, "the signora", arrive late in Chapter 10?
2. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
3. How are the Archdeacon and Mr. Harding alike?
4. What has Dr. Stanhope done while collecting his salary from the church?
5. Where is Mr. Slope a tutor?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)