|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
(a) They haven't met Mr. Slope yet.
(b) They think Mr. Slope is a fool.
(c) They think Mr. Slope is old-fashioned.
(d) They think Mr. Slope is a reformer.
2. What has Dr. Stanhope done while collecting his salary from the church?
(b) Lived in Italy.
(c) Worked as an accountant.
(d) Run another church.
3. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) She disagrees with him.
(b) She agrees with him.
(c) She thought it was just a joke.
(d) She didn't hear the sermon.
4. Why does Madeleine, "the signora", arrive late in Chapter 10?
(a) Because she was lost.
(b) To make a scene.
(c) Because she's always running late.
(d) To prove her point.
5. Who does the Archdeacon want as warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Mrs. Proudie.
(b) Dr. Harding.
(c) Mr. Slope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
2. In Chapter 6, what does the Archdeacon feel the church of Barchester needs?
3. During the debate over Sabbath schools in Chapter 5, what does the Archdeacon think of Mrs. Proudie's opinion?
4. What do the Proudies do when they return from London in Chapter 10?
5. Where do the Proudies go after Mr. Slope's sermon?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)