|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
(a) One of parties and wastefulness.
(b) One of hard work and dedication.
(c) One of activity and involvement.
(d) One of luxury and idleness.
2. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
(a) They think Mr. Slope is a fool.
(b) They think Mr. Slope is a reformer.
(c) They think Mr. Slope is old-fashioned.
(d) They haven't met Mr. Slope yet.
3. How many children do the Stanhopes have?
4. Why does Madeleine, "the signora", arrive late in Chapter 10?
(a) Because she was lost.
(b) To prove her point.
(c) Because she's always running late.
(d) To make a scene.
5. In Chapter 4, how are Mr. Slope's religious beliefs described?
(b) New age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Archdeacon want as warden of Hiram's Hospital?
2. How does the Archdeacon feel about the Proudies when he meets them in Chapter 5?
3. During the debate over Sabbath schools in Chapter 5, what does the Archdeacon think of Mrs. Proudie's opinion?
4. Who can go to Hiram's Hospital?
5. What does the Archdeacon feel he represents?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)