|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) She disagrees with him.
(b) She thought it was just a joke.
(c) She didn't hear the sermon.
(d) She agrees with him.
2. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
(a) Because the Proudies will be in London.
(b) Because the Proudies will give it to him.
(c) Because he is more charismatic than the Proudies.
(d) Because the Proudies don't act on their power.
3. In Chapter 6, who preaches at the church in Barchester as part of a challenge?
(a) Dr. Harding.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(c) Mr. Proudie.
(d) The Archdeacon.
4. What do the Proudies do when they return from London in Chapter 10?
(a) Confront the church officials.
(b) Invite the Stanhopes over.
(c) Throw a party.
(d) Move to a new house.
5. How many children do the Stanhopes have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Proudies go after Mr. Slope's sermon?
2. In Chapter 2, what makes Dr. Harding scandalous?
3. Who is Dr. Proudie most associated with?
4. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
5. Why does Madeleine, "the signora", arrive late in Chapter 10?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)