|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dr. Proudie most associated with?
(a) Merchants and traders.
(b) Other doctors.
(c) Church goers and townspeople.
(d) Royal families and Parliament.
2. Who does Mr. Slope visit in Chapter 8?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) The Proudies.
(c) No one.
(d) Dr. Harding's daughters.
3. During the debate over Sabbath schools in Chapter 5, what does the Archdeacon think of Mrs. Proudie's opinion?
(a) He thinks she is ignorant.
(b) He thinks she is correct.
(c) He thinks she shouldn't have one.
(d) He thinks she is misguided.
4. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
(a) Because the Proudies will be in London.
(b) Because the Proudies will give it to him.
(c) Because he is more charismatic than the Proudies.
(d) Because the Proudies don't act on their power.
5. Who can go to Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Retired men.
(b) The mentally ill.
(c) Ill statesmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is meant to run Hiram's Hospital?
2. What does the Archdeacon feel he represents?
3. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
4. How are the Archdeacon and Mr. Harding alike?
5. In Chapter 2, what makes Dr. Harding scandalous?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)