|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor do when Mr. Slope asks her if she will marry Mr. Slope?
(a) She leaves Plumstead.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She talks to Charlotte about it.
(d) She cries.
2. How does Mr. Arabin feel about reform in the church?
(a) He believes a little reform is good.
(b) He is for it.
(c) He ignores it.
(d) He is against it.
3. Who does Mr. Arabin meet at a party at the Stanhope's in Chapter 24?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) The signora.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) His cousin.
4. When Eleanor talks to Bertie about Mr. Slope, what do they agree on?
(a) That Mr. Slope is not trustworthy.
(b) That Mr. Slope is right.
(c) That they will disagree about Mr. Slope.
(d) That Mr. Slope confuses them.
5. In Chapter 4, how are Mr. Slope's religious beliefs described?
(c) New age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Dr. Stanhope done while collecting his salary from the church?
2. Why does Madeleine, "the signora", arrive late in Chapter 10?
3. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
4. In Chapter 27, why can't Mr. Slope arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding?
5. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)