|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says they were "never so happy in their (lives)"?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(c) Dr. Harding.
(d) The Archdeacon.
2. Why does Madeleine, "the signora", arrive late in Chapter 10?
(a) To prove her point.
(b) Because she was lost.
(c) To make a scene.
(d) Because she's always running late.
3. Who does Mr. Arabin meet with in London to discuss his struggle with the Bishop?
(a) The Archbishop.
(b) Dr. Gwynne.
(c) Mr. Slope.
(d) Mr. Stanhope.
4. Who does the Archdeacon want as warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) Dr. Harding.
(c) Mrs. Proudie.
5. What is the Archdeacon's home known as?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Dr. Stanhope done while collecting his salary from the church?
2. When the Bishop confronts Mrs. Proudie about the position of warden, what happens?
3. What do Mr. Stanhope and Charlotte discover about Bertie when they go through paperwork in Chapter 19?
4. For Mr. Arabin's first sermon, where do the Archdeacon and Eleanor have lunch with Mr. Arabin?
5. Who is Dr. Proudie most associated with?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)