|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what does Mrs. Proudie tell Mr. Slope her role is?
(a) The power behind the throne.
(b) The unquestioned master.
(c) The silent supporter.
(d) The decider.
2. Why does Mrs. Proudie feel that Mr. Slope cannot be Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
(a) Because the Archdeacon is against him.
(b) Because he does not have enough influence.
(c) Because he does not have enough money.
(d) Because his sermons are terrible.
3. How does Mr. Slope feel toward Eleanor after declaring his love for her?
(a) He feels more in love than ever.
(b) He feels sad.
(c) He feels confused.
(d) He feels negatively toward her.
4. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) She thought it was just a joke.
(b) She agrees with him.
(c) She didn't hear the sermon.
(d) She disagrees with him.
5. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
(a) That he is working to eliminate the position of warden.
(b) That he secretly raised the salary of the warden.
(c) That he convinced Dr. Harding to turn down the wardenship.
(d) That he wants the position of warden himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is offered the position of Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
2. How old is Mr. Arabin?
3. What does Mr. Arabin tell the Archdeacon about Eleanor in Chapter 34?
4. In Chapter 17, who does Mrs. Proudie want for the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
5. How does the Bishop treat Mr. Slope at the Thorne's party?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)