|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After appointing a new warden, how do the Proudies act with each other?
(a) They refused to speak to each other.
(b) They got along well.
(c) They were shyly pleased.
(d) They argued for days.
2. What do the Proudies do when they return from London in Chapter 10?
(a) Throw a party.
(b) Move to a new house.
(c) Invite the Stanhopes over.
(d) Confront the church officials.
3. How does Mr. Slope lose some of his favoritism in the quest for the deanery?
(a) He spoke against the cathedral.
(b) He spent too much time with the signora.
(c) He did not go to the cathedral.
(d) He gave another poor sermon.
4. Why does Mrs. Proudie feel that Mr. Slope cannot be Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
(a) Because the Archdeacon is against him.
(b) Because he does not have enough influence.
(c) Because he does not have enough money.
(d) Because his sermons are terrible.
5. Where do the Proudies go after Mr. Slope's sermon?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Arabin respond when he hears that Eleanor might marry Mr. Slope?
2. In Chapter 33, who is Eleanor anxious to forgive?
3. At the Thorne's party,who does Mrs. Proudie suggest has a chance to become the new Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
4. When Eleanor talks to Bertie about Mr. Slope, what do they agree on?
5. After talking with Mr. Arabin at the Thorne's party, how does the signora feel about Mr. Arabin?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)