|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Mr. Arabin and Eleanor to announce their engagement?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A few days.
(c) A few hours.
(d) A few months.
2. How does Eleanor feel when she finds out that Mr. Arabin thinks she will marry Mr. Slope?
3. Who does Mr. Slope visit to discuss the wardenship in Chapter 24?
(a) Dr. Harding.
(b) Mrs. Proudie.
(c) Dr. Gwynne.
(d) Mr. Quiverful.
4. What do the Proudies do when they return from London in Chapter 10?
(a) Confront the church officials.
(b) Move to a new house.
(c) Throw a party.
(d) Invite the Stanhopes over.
5. Why does Madeleine, "the signora", arrive late in Chapter 10?
(a) To make a scene.
(b) Because she's always running late.
(c) To prove her point.
(d) Because she was lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many possible candidates for the deanery does the Prime Minister consider?
2. Who does Mr. Arabin meet at a party at the Stanhope's in Chapter 24?
3. Who is appointed warden of Hiram's Hospital?
4. What does the signora say that Mr. Slope must do to prove his love?
5. Where is Mr. Slope a tutor?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)