|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Bishop treat Mr. Slope at the Thorne's party?
(a) The Bishop is kind to Mr. Slope.
(b) The Bishop hits Mr. Slope.
(c) The Bishop mocks Mr. Slope.
(d) The Bishop slights Mr. Slope.
2. Who does Mr. Arabin meet with in London to discuss his struggle with the Bishop?
(a) Mr. Stanhope.
(b) The Archbishop.
(c) Mr. Slope.
(d) Dr. Gwynne.
3. What is the Archdeacon's home known as?
4. What makes the Archdeacon feel that Eleanor has disgraced herself?
(a) Because she is friends with the signora.
(b) Because she has been dating two men.
(c) Because she receives letters from Mr. Slope.
(d) Because she gambled away her money.
5. Why does Mrs. Proudie say that Mr. Slope will be fired?
(a) Because the people of Barchester voted him out.
(b) Because he wants to be Dean.
(c) Because of his relationship with the signora.
(d) Because he has a poor work ethic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Archbishop feel is capable of being Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
2. Who does Eleanor defend in Chapter 18 when she discusses the wardenship with her father and the Archdeacon?
3. What does Eleanor do when Mr. Slope asks her if she will marry Mr. Slope?
4. Who does Mr. Slope visit in Chapter 8?
5. Why does Mr. Slope quickly return to town at the end of Chapter 40?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)