|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the signora say that Mr. Slope must do to prove his love?
(a) Challenge the Bishop for his title.
(b) Give the wardenship to Mr. Quiverful.
(c) Give up his ambitions.
(d) Tell Eleanor about her.
2. What is the Archdeacon's home known as?
3. Who says they were "never so happy in their (lives)"?
(a) Dr. Harding.
(b) The Archdeacon.
(c) Mr. Slope.
(d) The Bishop.
4. What does Eleanor do in the morning at the end of Chapter 29?
(a) Finds a job.
(b) Packs her bags.
(c) Reads the newspaper.
(d) Writes a letter to Mr. Slope.
5. What do Mr. Stanhope and Charlotte discover about Bertie when they go through paperwork in Chapter 19?
(a) That he has come into money.
(b) That he has accumulated debt.
(c) That he is planning on moving again.
(d) That he has been seeing two women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Miss Thorne invite Mr. Arabin and Eleanor?
2. Who does Mr. Slope visit to discuss the wardenship in Chapter 24?
3. Who gets the job of preaching at St. Ewolds?
4. How are the Thornes tied to Mr. Arabin?
5. What does the Archdeacon say will happen if Mr. Slope marries Eleanor?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)