|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dr. Proudie most associated with?
(a) Royal families and Parliament.
(b) Merchants and traders.
(c) Church goers and townspeople.
(d) Other doctors.
2. When the Bishop confronts Mrs. Proudie about the position of warden, what happens?
(a) He feels he got nowhere with her.
(b) He left the room angrily.
(c) He concedes to her opinion.
(d) He changes her mind.
3. What does Eleanor do when Mr. Slope asks her if she will marry Mr. Slope?
(a) She talks to Charlotte about it.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She leaves Plumstead.
(d) She cries.
4. How many children do the Stanhopes have?
5. What does the deanery pay?
(a) 200 a year.
(b) 1200 a year.
(c) 100 a year.
(d) 2000 a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Archbishop feel is capable of being Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
2. In Chapter 4, how are Mr. Slope's religious beliefs described?
3. How does Mr. Slope feel toward Eleanor after declaring his love for her?
4. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
5. Why does Mrs. Proudie feel that Mr. Slope cannot be Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)