|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mr. Arabin's first sermon, how do the people feel about him?
2. After being unable to arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding, what does Mr. Slope do?
(a) Resign from his position.
(b) Write a letter to Eleanor.
(c) Give the wardenship to Mr. Quiverful.
(d) Write a letter to the signora.
3. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) The King.
4. What is the Archdeacon's home known as?
5. In Chapter 29, who comes to see Eleanor to discuss her relationship with Mr. Slope?
(a) Mr. Quiverful.
(c) The Archdeacon.
(d) The Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Bishop confronts Mrs. Proudie about the position of warden, what happens?
2. Who upstages the signora's entrance at the Thorne's party?
3. Why are the tenant farmers angry with the Lookalofts?
4. In Chapter 33, who is Eleanor anxious to forgive?
5. What has Dr. Stanhope done while collecting his salary from the church?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)