|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Bishop visit with the Archbishop to discuss the deanery?
(a) The Thorne estate.
2. After appointing a new warden, how do the Proudies act with each other?
(a) They got along well.
(b) They were shyly pleased.
(c) They argued for days.
(d) They refused to speak to each other.
3. How does Mr. Arabin feel about reform in the church?
(a) He believes a little reform is good.
(b) He is against it.
(c) He ignores it.
(d) He is for it.
4. What makes the Archdeacon feel that Eleanor has disgraced herself?
(a) Because she is friends with the signora.
(b) Because she receives letters from Mr. Slope.
(c) Because she gambled away her money.
(d) Because she has been dating two men.
5. Who does Mr. Arabin meet with in London to discuss his struggle with the Bishop?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) The Archbishop.
(c) Dr. Gwynne.
(d) Mr. Stanhope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes Eleanor a letter in Chapter 44?
2. Who does Mr. Slope visit in Chapter 8?
3. At the Thorne's party, what does Mr. Slope do when Eleanor tries to be alone?
4. In Chapter 33, who is Eleanor anxious to forgive?
5. Why does Mr. Slope quickly return to town at the end of Chapter 40?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)