|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
(a) She approves of it.
(b) She disapproves of it.
(c) She has no opinion.
(d) She wants to teach it.
2. Who upstages the signora's entrance at the Thorne's party?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) The Lookalofts.
(c) Countess de Courcy.
3. After Mr. Arabin's first sermon, how do the people feel about him?
4. Where is Mr. Slope a tutor?
5. When the Bishop confronts Mrs. Proudie about the position of warden, what happens?
(a) He changes her mind.
(b) He feels he got nowhere with her.
(c) He concedes to her opinion.
(d) He left the room angrily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eleanor do when Mr. Slope asks her if she will marry Mr. Slope?
2. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
3. In Chapter 29, who comes to see Eleanor to discuss her relationship with Mr. Slope?
4. In Chapter 3, who is described as controlling what Dr. Proudie does?
5. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Arabin realize about Eleanor?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)