|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is appointed warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Mr. Stanhope.
(b) Dr. Harding.
(c) Mr. Slope.
(d) Mr. Quiverful.
2. Who does Mr. Arabin meet at a party at the Stanhope's in Chapter 24?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) The Archdeacon.
(c) His cousin.
(d) The signora.
3. Who does Mr. Slope visit in Chapter 8?
(a) The Proudies.
(b) Dr. Harding's daughters.
(c) No one.
(d) The Archdeacon.
4. In Chapter 17, what does Mrs. Proudie tell Mr. Slope her role is?
(a) The decider.
(b) The unquestioned master.
(c) The power behind the throne.
(d) The silent supporter.
5. Who is first in the Harding family to learn that Dr. Harding has the wardenship?
(c) Dr. Harding.
(d) Mrs. Harding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Madeleine, "the signora", arrive late in Chapter 10?
2. When Eleanor talks to Bertie about Mr. Slope, what do they agree on?
3. How old is Mr. Arabin?
4. Who does Mr. Slope visit to discuss the wardenship in Chapter 24?
5. Where do the Proudies go after Mr. Slope's sermon?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)