|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) They find Mr. Slope a job in another town.
(b) They ban Mr. Slope from preaching.
(c) They pay Mr. Slope to preach again.
(d) They have Mr. Slope write for them.
2. In Chapter 29, who comes to see Eleanor to discuss her relationship with Mr. Slope?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(c) Mr. Quiverful.
(d) The Bishop.
3. Why does Mrs. Proudie feel that Mr. Slope cannot be Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
(a) Because his sermons are terrible.
(b) Because he does not have enough money.
(c) Because the Archdeacon is against him.
(d) Because he does not have enough influence.
4. When Eleanor talks to Bertie about Mr. Slope, what do they agree on?
(a) That they will disagree about Mr. Slope.
(b) That Mr. Slope is right.
(c) That Mr. Slope is not trustworthy.
(d) That Mr. Slope confuses them.
5. What do the Proudies do when they return from London in Chapter 10?
(a) Throw a party.
(b) Confront the church officials.
(c) Invite the Stanhopes over.
(d) Move to a new house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Bishop treat Mr. Slope at the Thorne's party?
2. In Chapter 27, why can't Mr. Slope arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding?
3. How does Miss Thorne feel about her matchmaking plan?
4. What does the signora say that Mr. Slope must do to prove his love?
5. Who is Dr. Proudie most associated with?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)