|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mr. Slope a tutor?
2. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
(a) One of parties and wastefulness.
(b) One of activity and involvement.
(c) One of luxury and idleness.
(d) One of hard work and dedication.
3. In Chapter 29, who comes to see Eleanor to discuss her relationship with Mr. Slope?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) The Bishop.
(c) Mr. Quiverful.
4. Who writes Eleanor a letter in Chapter 44?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) Mr. Arabin.
(c) Mr. Slope.
(d) The signora.
5. Why does Mrs. Proudie feel that Mr. Slope cannot be Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
(a) Because he does not have enough influence.
(b) Because his sermons are terrible.
(c) Because the Archdeacon is against him.
(d) Because he does not have enough money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miss Thorne feel about her matchmaking plan?
2. How long does Miss Thorne think it will take for Mr. Arabin to propose to Eleanor?
3. Who does Dr. Gwynne support for wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
4. After talking with Mr. Arabin at the Thorne's party, how does the signora feel about Mr. Arabin?
5. Who supports Mr. Slope in his quest for the deanery?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)