|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mr. Stanhope and Charlotte discover about Bertie when they go through paperwork in Chapter 19?
(a) That he has accumulated debt.
(b) That he is planning on moving again.
(c) That he has been seeing two women.
(d) That he has come into money.
2. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) She thought it was just a joke.
(b) She agrees with him.
(c) She didn't hear the sermon.
(d) She disagrees with him.
3. After being unable to arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding, what does Mr. Slope do?
(a) Write a letter to the signora.
(b) Give the wardenship to Mr. Quiverful.
(c) Write a letter to Eleanor.
(d) Resign from his position.
4. Where is the party in Chapter 33?
(a) The Stanhope's house.
(b) The Bishop's house.
(c) The Thorne estate.
(d) Mr. Slope's cousin's house.
5. Who does Eleanor defend in Chapter 18 when she discusses the wardenship with her father and the Archdeacon?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) The signora.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) Mr. Slope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Arabin meet at a party at the Stanhope's in Chapter 24?
2. What happens to the Archdeacon's meeting with the Bishop about the wardenship in Chapter 18?
3. Who does the Archdeacon want as warden of Hiram's Hospital?
4. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
5. At the Thorne's party, what does Mr. Slope do when Eleanor tries to be alone?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)