|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who is described as controlling what Dr. Proudie does?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(d) Mrs. Proudie.
2. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Arabin realize about Eleanor?
(a) That he hates her.
(b) That she is difficult.
(c) That she is too smart for him.
(d) That he loves her.
3. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
(a) One of hard work and dedication.
(b) One of luxury and idleness.
(c) One of parties and wastefulness.
(d) One of activity and involvement.
4. Who says they were "never so happy in their (lives)"?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) Dr. Harding.
(c) Mr. Slope.
(d) The Archdeacon.
5. Who is offered the position of Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
(a) Dr. Harding.
(b) Mr. Arabin.
(c) Dr. Stanhope.
(d) Mr. Slope.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miss Thorne feel about her matchmaking plan?
2. Who does Mr. Slope visit to discuss the wardenship in Chapter 24?
3. How does Mr. Arabin respond when he hears that Eleanor might marry Mr. Slope?
4. In Chapter 33, who is Eleanor anxious to forgive?
5. How does Mr. Arabin feel about reform in the church?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)