|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Archdeacon's meeting with the Bishop about the wardenship in Chapter 18?
(a) It was denied.
(b) It was interrupted.
(c) It was delayed.
(d) It was one-sided.
2. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) They pay Mr. Slope to preach again.
(b) They ban Mr. Slope from preaching.
(c) They have Mr. Slope write for them.
(d) They find Mr. Slope a job in another town.
3. Who is Dr. Proudie most associated with?
(a) Other doctors.
(b) Church goers and townspeople.
(c) Royal families and Parliament.
(d) Merchants and traders.
4. Who does Dr. Harding go to in order to discuss the issue of Sunday school?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) Mrs. Proudie.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) The Archdeacon.
5. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
(a) That he wants the position of warden himself.
(b) That he convinced Dr. Harding to turn down the wardenship.
(c) That he is working to eliminate the position of warden.
(d) That he secretly raised the salary of the warden.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children do the Stanhopes have?
2. Who does Eleanor defend in Chapter 18 when she discusses the wardenship with her father and the Archdeacon?
3. What is the Archdeacon's home known as?
4. Why does Madeleine, "the signora", arrive late in Chapter 10?
5. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)