|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what does Mrs. Proudie tell Mr. Slope her role is?
(a) The silent supporter.
(b) The decider.
(c) The power behind the throne.
(d) The unquestioned master.
2. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
(a) They haven't met Mr. Slope yet.
(b) They think Mr. Slope is a fool.
(c) They think Mr. Slope is a reformer.
(d) They think Mr. Slope is old-fashioned.
3. What is the Archdeacon's home known as?
4. Where do the Proudies go after Mr. Slope's sermon?
5. What has Dr. Stanhope done while collecting his salary from the church?
(a) Run another church.
(b) Lived in Italy.
(c) Worked as an accountant.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
2. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
3. Who does Mr. Slope visit in Chapter 8?
4. Who does Eleanor defend in Chapter 18 when she discusses the wardenship with her father and the Archdeacon?
5. How many children do the Stanhopes have?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)