|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Archdeacon want as warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(b) Mrs. Proudie.
(c) Dr. Harding.
(d) Mr. Slope.
2. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
(a) They think Mr. Slope is old-fashioned.
(b) They haven't met Mr. Slope yet.
(c) They think Mr. Slope is a fool.
(d) They think Mr. Slope is a reformer.
3. In Chapter 3, who is described as controlling what Dr. Proudie does?
(a) Mrs. Proudie.
(b) Mr. Slope.
4. When the Bishop confronts Mrs. Proudie about the position of warden, what happens?
(a) He concedes to her opinion.
(b) He feels he got nowhere with her.
(c) He changes her mind.
(d) He left the room angrily.
5. Who gets the job of preaching at St. Ewolds?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) Mr. Arabin.
(c) Mr. Slope.
(d) The Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, who does Mrs. Proudie want for the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
2. What is the Archdeacon's home known as?
3. Who is Dr. Proudie most associated with?
4. What do the Proudies do when they return from London in Chapter 10?
5. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)