|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who is described as controlling what Dr. Proudie does?
(b) Mrs. Proudie.
(d) Mr. Slope.
2. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) They pay Mr. Slope to preach again.
(b) They ban Mr. Slope from preaching.
(c) They find Mr. Slope a job in another town.
(d) They have Mr. Slope write for them.
3. Who gets the job of preaching at St. Ewolds?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) Mr. Arabin.
4. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
(a) Because the Proudies will be in London.
(b) Because he is more charismatic than the Proudies.
(c) Because the Proudies will give it to him.
(d) Because the Proudies don't act on their power.
5. Why does Madeleine, "the signora", arrive late in Chapter 10?
(a) To prove her point.
(b) Because she was lost.
(c) To make a scene.
(d) Because she's always running late.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, who does Mrs. Proudie want for the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
2. What does the Archdeacon say will happen if Mr. Slope marries Eleanor?
3. What has Dr. Stanhope done while collecting his salary from the church?
4. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
5. When the Bishop confronts Mrs. Proudie about the position of warden, what happens?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)