|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
(a) She disapproves of it.
(b) She has no opinion.
(c) She wants to teach it.
(d) She approves of it.
2. What happens to the Archdeacon's meeting with the Bishop about the wardenship in Chapter 18?
(a) It was delayed.
(b) It was denied.
(c) It was one-sided.
(d) It was interrupted.
3. Who does Dr. Harding go to in order to discuss the issue of Sunday school?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) Mrs. Proudie.
(c) The Archdeacon.
(d) The Bishop.
4. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) They ban Mr. Slope from preaching.
(b) They find Mr. Slope a job in another town.
(c) They have Mr. Slope write for them.
(d) They pay Mr. Slope to preach again.
5. How many children do the Stanhopes have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
2. Who does the Archdeacon want as warden of Hiram's Hospital?
3. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
4. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
5. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)