|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) She thought it was just a joke.
(b) She didn't hear the sermon.
(c) She disagrees with him.
(d) She agrees with him.
2. Who does Dr. Harding go to in order to discuss the issue of Sunday school?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) Mrs. Proudie.
(c) Mr. Slope.
(d) The Bishop.
3. In Chapter 17, what does Mrs. Proudie tell Mr. Slope her role is?
(a) The decider.
(b) The silent supporter.
(c) The unquestioned master.
(d) The power behind the throne.
4. What is the Archdeacon's home known as?
5. What does the Archdeacon say will happen if Mr. Slope marries Eleanor?
(a) They will have to move far away.
(b) Mr. Slope will have to get a new job.
(c) Mr. Slope will have to find the hidden money.
(d) Mr. Slope will never be welcome in the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
2. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
3. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
4. Who is Dr. Proudie most associated with?
5. What happens to the Archdeacon's meeting with the Bishop about the wardenship in Chapter 18?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)