|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
(a) Because the Proudies don't act on their power.
(b) Because the Proudies will give it to him.
(c) Because the Proudies will be in London.
(d) Because he is more charismatic than the Proudies.
2. What is the Archdeacon's home known as?
3. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
(a) They think Mr. Slope is a reformer.
(b) They haven't met Mr. Slope yet.
(c) They think Mr. Slope is a fool.
(d) They think Mr. Slope is old-fashioned.
4. What do the Proudies do when they return from London in Chapter 10?
(a) Move to a new house.
(b) Confront the church officials.
(c) Throw a party.
(d) Invite the Stanhopes over.
5. Who gets the job of preaching at St. Ewolds?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(c) Mr. Arabin.
(d) The Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children do the Stanhopes have?
2. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
3. Where is Mr. Slope a tutor?
4. In Chapter 4, how are Mr. Slope's religious beliefs described?
5. Who does Dr. Harding go to in order to discuss the issue of Sunday school?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)