|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
(a) They think Mr. Slope is a reformer.
(b) They think Mr. Slope is old-fashioned.
(c) They haven't met Mr. Slope yet.
(d) They think Mr. Slope is a fool.
2. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
(a) She wants to teach it.
(b) She disapproves of it.
(c) She has no opinion.
(d) She approves of it.
3. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
(a) That Mr. Slope is stealing Dr. Harding's money.
(b) That Mr. Slope is trying to harm her.
(c) That Mr. Slope is trying to marry Eleanor.
(d) That Mr. Slope is bribing the congregation.
4. In Chapter 3, who is described as controlling what Dr. Proudie does?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) Mrs. Proudie.
5. Why does Madeleine, "the signora", arrive late in Chapter 10?
(a) To make a scene.
(b) Because she's always running late.
(c) Because she was lost.
(d) To prove her point.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr. Slope a tutor?
2. Who does Eleanor defend in Chapter 18 when she discusses the wardenship with her father and the Archdeacon?
3. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
4. Where does the Proudie family prefer to live?
5. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)