|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
(a) One of activity and involvement.
(b) One of luxury and idleness.
(c) One of parties and wastefulness.
(d) One of hard work and dedication.
2. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
(a) She disapproves of it.
(b) She wants to teach it.
(c) She has no opinion.
(d) She approves of it.
3. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
(a) That he convinced Dr. Harding to turn down the wardenship.
(b) That he secretly raised the salary of the warden.
(c) That he wants the position of warden himself.
(d) That he is working to eliminate the position of warden.
4. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
(a) They think Mr. Slope is a reformer.
(b) They think Mr. Slope is old-fashioned.
(c) They haven't met Mr. Slope yet.
(d) They think Mr. Slope is a fool.
5. Where do the Proudies go after Mr. Slope's sermon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Harding go to in order to discuss the issue of Sunday school?
2. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
3. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
4. Where does the Proudie family prefer to live?
5. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)