|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Proudies do when they return from London in Chapter 10?
(a) Invite the Stanhopes over.
(b) Confront the church officials.
(c) Move to a new house.
(d) Throw a party.
2. When the Bishop confronts Mrs. Proudie about the position of warden, what happens?
(a) He concedes to her opinion.
(b) He feels he got nowhere with her.
(c) He left the room angrily.
(d) He changes her mind.
3. Where do the Proudies go after Mr. Slope's sermon?
4. Who does Mr. Slope visit in Chapter 8?
(a) Dr. Harding's daughters.
(b) The Proudies.
(c) The Archdeacon.
(d) No one.
5. In Chapter 3, who is described as controlling what Dr. Proudie does?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) Mrs. Proudie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Archdeacon's home known as?
2. In Chapter 4, how are Mr. Slope's religious beliefs described?
3. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
4. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
5. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)