|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
(a) They haven't met Mr. Slope yet.
(b) They think Mr. Slope is old-fashioned.
(c) They think Mr. Slope is a reformer.
(d) They think Mr. Slope is a fool.
2. What has Dr. Stanhope done while collecting his salary from the church?
(a) Run another church.
(b) Worked as an accountant.
(c) Lived in Italy.
3. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
(a) That Mr. Slope is stealing Dr. Harding's money.
(b) That Mr. Slope is trying to harm her.
(c) That Mr. Slope is trying to marry Eleanor.
(d) That Mr. Slope is bribing the congregation.
4. What is the Archdeacon's home known as?
5. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
(a) One of parties and wastefulness.
(b) One of luxury and idleness.
(c) One of hard work and dedication.
(d) One of activity and involvement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Archdeacon's meeting with the Bishop about the wardenship in Chapter 18?
2. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
3. Who gets the job of preaching at St. Ewolds?
4. What do the Proudies do when they return from London in Chapter 10?
5. What does the Archdeacon say will happen if Mr. Slope marries Eleanor?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)