|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Madeleine, "the signora", arrive late in Chapter 10?
(a) To prove her point.
(b) Because she's always running late.
(c) To make a scene.
(d) Because she was lost.
2. Where does the Proudie family prefer to live?
3. What is the Archdeacon's home known as?
4. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) The King.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) The Archdeacon.
5. What has Dr. Stanhope done while collecting his salary from the church?
(a) Lived in Italy.
(b) Worked as an accountant.
(d) Run another church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
2. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
3. Who does the Archdeacon want as warden of Hiram's Hospital?
4. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
5. In Chapter 3, who is described as controlling what Dr. Proudie does?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)