|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) She agrees with him.
(b) She didn't hear the sermon.
(c) She thought it was just a joke.
(d) She disagrees with him.
2. In Chapter 17, who does Mrs. Proudie want for the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Mr. Quiverful.
(b) Dr. Harding.
(c) Mr. Slope.
(d) Mr. Proudie.
3. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
(a) One of hard work and dedication.
(b) One of activity and involvement.
(c) One of luxury and idleness.
(d) One of parties and wastefulness.
4. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
(a) That he is working to eliminate the position of warden.
(b) That he secretly raised the salary of the warden.
(c) That he wants the position of warden himself.
(d) That he convinced Dr. Harding to turn down the wardenship.
5. What do the Proudies do when they return from London in Chapter 10?
(a) Move to a new house.
(b) Invite the Stanhopes over.
(c) Throw a party.
(d) Confront the church officials.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Slope visit in Chapter 8?
2. What does the Archdeacon say will happen if Mr. Slope marries Eleanor?
3. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
4. What has Dr. Stanhope done while collecting his salary from the church?
5. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)