Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
(a) That Mr. Slope is trying to marry Eleanor.
(b) That Mr. Slope is bribing the congregation.
(c) That Mr. Slope is trying to harm her.
(d) That Mr. Slope is stealing Dr. Harding's money.
2. How does the Bishop treat Mr. Slope at the Thorne's party?
(a) The Bishop slights Mr. Slope.
(b) The Bishop hits Mr. Slope.
(c) The Bishop mocks Mr. Slope.
(d) The Bishop is kind to Mr. Slope.
3. How long does it take Mr. Arabin and Eleanor to announce their engagement?
(a) A few hours.
(b) A few months.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few weeks.
4. How are the Thornes tied to Mr. Arabin?
(a) They own the property where his church is.
(b) They are going to give him a place to stay.
(c) They used to know him years ago.
(d) They are distant cousins.
5. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
(a) That he wants the position of warden himself.
(b) That he is working to eliminate the position of warden.
(c) That he convinced Dr. Harding to turn down the wardenship.
(d) That he secretly raised the salary of the warden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets to select the warden of Hiram's Hospital?
2. What does Eleanor do in the morning at the end of Chapter 29?
3. Who upstages the signora's entrance at the Thorne's party?
4. In Chapter 27, why can't Mr. Slope arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding?
5. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)