|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Slope visit in Chapter 8?
(a) Dr. Harding's daughters.
(b) The Proudies.
(c) The Archdeacon.
(d) No one.
2. What does Mr. Arabin tell the Archdeacon about Eleanor in Chapter 34?
(a) That she wants to run away.
(b) That she stole some of his money.
(c) That she does not want to marry Mr. Slope.
(d) That she is trying to marry Mr. Slope.
3. Who does Mr. Arabin meet with in London to discuss his struggle with the Bishop?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(b) Dr. Gwynne.
(c) Mr. Stanhope.
(d) The Archbishop.
4. How does Dr. Harding feel about Mr. Slope's romantic interest in Eleanor?
(a) It disturbs him.
(b) It makes him want to resign the position of warden.
(c) He is happy.
(d) It confuses him.
5. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
(a) They think Mr. Slope is old-fashioned.
(b) They think Mr. Slope is a reformer.
(c) They think Mr. Slope is a fool.
(d) They haven't met Mr. Slope yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Mr. Arabin?
2. What does the signora say that Mr. Slope must do to prove his love?
3. What does the Archdeacon say will happen if Mr. Slope marries Eleanor?
4. Where is the party in Chapter 33?
5. After being unable to arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding, what does Mr. Slope do?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)