|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the Archdeacon feel that Eleanor has disgraced herself?
(a) Because she has been dating two men.
(b) Because she gambled away her money.
(c) Because she is friends with the signora.
(d) Because she receives letters from Mr. Slope.
2. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
(a) That Mr. Slope is stealing Dr. Harding's money.
(b) That Mr. Slope is trying to harm her.
(c) That Mr. Slope is trying to marry Eleanor.
(d) That Mr. Slope is bribing the congregation.
3. Where does the Bishop visit with the Archbishop to discuss the deanery?
(b) The Thorne estate.
4. After being unable to arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding, what does Mr. Slope do?
(a) Resign from his position.
(b) Write a letter to Eleanor.
(c) Write a letter to the signora.
(d) Give the wardenship to Mr. Quiverful.
5. Who is first in the Harding family to learn that Dr. Harding has the wardenship?
(b) Mrs. Harding.
(c) Dr. Harding.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
2. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
3. How does Mr. Arabin feel when he stays with the Archdeacon?
4. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
5. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)