|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
(a) That he wants the position of warden himself.
(b) That he convinced Dr. Harding to turn down the wardenship.
(c) That he is working to eliminate the position of warden.
(d) That he secretly raised the salary of the warden.
2. What does the signora say that Mr. Slope must do to prove his love?
(a) Give up his ambitions.
(b) Give the wardenship to Mr. Quiverful.
(c) Challenge the Bishop for his title.
(d) Tell Eleanor about her.
3. When Eleanor talks to Bertie about Mr. Slope, what do they agree on?
(a) That Mr. Slope is not trustworthy.
(b) That Mr. Slope is right.
(c) That they will disagree about Mr. Slope.
(d) That Mr. Slope confuses them.
4. Where do the Proudies go after Mr. Slope's sermon?
5. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
(a) That Mr. Slope is trying to harm her.
(b) That Mr. Slope is trying to marry Eleanor.
(c) That Mr. Slope is bribing the congregation.
(d) That Mr. Slope is stealing Dr. Harding's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mr. Arabin described in terms of his religion?
2. What do Mr. Stanhope and Charlotte discover about Bertie when they go through paperwork in Chapter 19?
3. Who does Mr. Slope visit in Chapter 8?
4. How does Dr. Harding feel about Mr. Slope's romantic interest in Eleanor?
5. After being unable to arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding, what does Mr. Slope do?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)