|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dr. Harding go to in order to discuss the issue of Sunday school?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) The Bishop.
(c) Mrs. Proudie.
(d) Mr. Slope.
2. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) They find Mr. Slope a job in another town.
(b) They ban Mr. Slope from preaching.
(c) They pay Mr. Slope to preach again.
(d) They have Mr. Slope write for them.
3. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
(a) That Mr. Slope is trying to marry Eleanor.
(b) That Mr. Slope is bribing the congregation.
(c) That Mr. Slope is stealing Dr. Harding's money.
(d) That Mr. Slope is trying to harm her.
4. How old is Mr. Arabin?
5. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
(a) She disapproves of it.
(b) She approves of it.
(c) She has no opinion.
(d) She wants to teach it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Proudies go after Mr. Slope's sermon?
2. In Chapter 33, who is Eleanor anxious to forgive?
3. What makes the Archdeacon feel that Eleanor has disgraced herself?
4. What do Mr. Stanhope and Charlotte discover about Bertie when they go through paperwork in Chapter 19?
5. Who gets the job of preaching at St. Ewolds?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)