|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) They have Mr. Slope write for them.
(b) They pay Mr. Slope to preach again.
(c) They find Mr. Slope a job in another town.
(d) They ban Mr. Slope from preaching.
2. Who does Dr. Harding go to in order to discuss the issue of Sunday school?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(c) The Archdeacon.
(d) Mrs. Proudie.
3. What do Mr. Stanhope and Charlotte discover about Bertie when they go through paperwork in Chapter 19?
(a) That he has come into money.
(b) That he is planning on moving again.
(c) That he has been seeing two women.
(d) That he has accumulated debt.
4. Who is first in the Harding family to learn that Dr. Harding has the wardenship?
(c) Dr. Harding.
(d) Mrs. Harding.
5. How is Mr. Arabin described in terms of his religion?
(a) A quiet preacher.
(b) A fierce debater.
(c) A well-established author.
(d) A rising star.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Arabin meet with in London to discuss his struggle with the Bishop?
2. What is revealed about Mr. Slope and the wardenship of Hiram's Hospital in Chapter 14?
3. Where do the Proudies go after Mr. Slope's sermon?
4. What does the Archdeacon say will happen if Mr. Slope marries Eleanor?
5. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)