|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the Archdeacon feel that Eleanor has disgraced herself?
(a) Because she gambled away her money.
(b) Because she has been dating two men.
(c) Because she is friends with the signora.
(d) Because she receives letters from Mr. Slope.
2. Where does the Bishop visit with the Archbishop to discuss the deanery?
(c) The Thorne estate.
3. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
(a) They think Mr. Slope is old-fashioned.
(b) They think Mr. Slope is a fool.
(c) They haven't met Mr. Slope yet.
(d) They think Mr. Slope is a reformer.
4. Why does Mrs. Proudie feel that Mr. Slope cannot be Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
(a) Because his sermons are terrible.
(b) Because he does not have enough influence.
(c) Because he does not have enough money.
(d) Because the Archdeacon is against him.
5. What do Mr. Stanhope and Charlotte discover about Bertie when they go through paperwork in Chapter 19?
(a) That he is planning on moving again.
(b) That he has been seeing two women.
(c) That he has come into money.
(d) That he has accumulated debt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Harding feel about Mr. Slope's romantic interest in Eleanor?
2. How does Mr. Arabin feel when he stays with the Archdeacon?
3. Who does Dr. Harding go to in order to discuss the issue of Sunday school?
4. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
5. What does the signora say that Mr. Slope must do to prove his love?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)