|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Eleanor talks to Bertie about Mr. Slope, what do they agree on?
(a) That Mr. Slope is right.
(b) That Mr. Slope confuses them.
(c) That they will disagree about Mr. Slope.
(d) That Mr. Slope is not trustworthy.
2. How does Mr. Arabin feel when he stays with the Archdeacon?
(a) Confident and powerful.
(b) Alone and isolated.
(c) Intelligent and lucky.
(d) Worried and upset.
3. What makes the Archdeacon feel that Eleanor has disgraced herself?
(a) Because she receives letters from Mr. Slope.
(b) Because she is friends with the signora.
(c) Because she has been dating two men.
(d) Because she gambled away her money.
4. Who does Mr. Arabin meet with in London to discuss his struggle with the Bishop?
(a) Dr. Gwynne.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(c) Mr. Stanhope.
(d) The Archbishop.
5. Where is the party in Chapter 33?
(a) The Bishop's house.
(b) Mr. Slope's cousin's house.
(c) The Stanhope's house.
(d) The Thorne estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Proudie feel that Mr. Slope cannot be Dean of Barchester Cathedral?
2. In Chapter 33, who is Eleanor anxious to forgive?
3. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
4. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
5. Who does Dr. Harding go to in order to discuss the issue of Sunday school?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)