|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Mrs. Grantly tell Dr. Harding that she suspects about Mr. Slope?
(a) That Mr. Slope is stealing Dr. Harding's money.
(b) That Mr. Slope is bribing the congregation.
(c) That Mr. Slope is trying to marry Eleanor.
(d) That Mr. Slope is trying to harm her.
2. Who gets the job of preaching at St. Ewolds?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(c) Mr. Arabin.
(d) The Bishop.
3. How does Mr. Arabin feel when he stays with the Archdeacon?
(a) Alone and isolated.
(b) Confident and powerful.
(c) Intelligent and lucky.
(d) Worried and upset.
4. What do Mr. Stanhope and Charlotte discover about Bertie when they go through paperwork in Chapter 19?
(a) That he has been seeing two women.
(b) That he is planning on moving again.
(c) That he has accumulated debt.
(d) That he has come into money.
5. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
(a) They think Mr. Slope is a fool.
(b) They think Mr. Slope is old-fashioned.
(c) They think Mr. Slope is a reformer.
(d) They haven't met Mr. Slope yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the party in Chapter 33?
2. How does Dr. Harding feel about Mr. Slope's romantic interest in Eleanor?
3. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
4. Who does the Archdeacon want as warden of Hiram's Hospital?
5. In Chapter 33, who is Eleanor anxious to forgive?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)