|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what do the townspeople of Barchester think about Mr. Slope?
(a) They think Mr. Slope is a fool.
(b) They think Mr. Slope is old-fashioned.
(c) They haven't met Mr. Slope yet.
(d) They think Mr. Slope is a reformer.
2. Where is the party in Chapter 33?
(a) The Bishop's house.
(b) The Thorne estate.
(c) The Stanhope's house.
(d) Mr. Slope's cousin's house.
3. How does Mr. Arabin feel when he stays with the Archdeacon?
(a) Confident and powerful.
(b) Worried and upset.
(c) Alone and isolated.
(d) Intelligent and lucky.
4. Who does Dr. Harding go to in order to discuss the issue of Sunday school?
(a) The Archdeacon.
(b) Mrs. Proudie.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) Mr. Slope.
5. What does Mr. Arabin tell the Archdeacon about Eleanor in Chapter 34?
(a) That she wants to run away.
(b) That she does not want to marry Mr. Slope.
(c) That she is trying to marry Mr. Slope.
(d) That she stole some of his money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27, why can't Mr. Slope arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding?
2. How old is Mr. Arabin?
3. Who does Mr. Arabin meet with in London to discuss his struggle with the Bishop?
4. After being unable to arrange a meeting with Dr. Harding, what does Mr. Slope do?
5. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)