|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Arabin realize about Eleanor?
(a) That she is difficult.
(b) That she is too smart for him.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) That he hates her.
2. What does Eleanor do in the morning at the end of Chapter 29?
(a) Finds a job.
(b) Packs her bags.
(c) Reads the newspaper.
(d) Writes a letter to Mr. Slope.
3. What does Charlotte try to convince her father to do in Chapter 45?
(a) Not kick Bertie out.
(b) Give her money.
(c) Take Eleanor in.
(d) Kick Bertie out.
4. In Chapter 16, what causes a rift in Mr. Slope's relationship with Mrs. Proudie?
(a) The plans for the cathedral.
(b) Her friendship with Eleanor.
(c) Her money.
(d) The wardenship.
5. How does Mr. Arabin respond when he hears that Eleanor might marry Mr. Slope?
(a) He visits Mr. Slope.
(b) He visits Eleanor.
(c) He writes the Bishop.
(d) He writes Eleanor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eleanor doing when Mr. Slope comes to visit her in Chapter 16?
2. What does Eleanor do when Mr. Slope asks her if she will marry Mr. Slope?
3. How does Eleanor feel when she finds out that Mr. Arabin thinks she will marry Mr. Slope?
4. Where does Bertie leave for?
5. How does Mr. Slope feel when he leaves the Stanhopes' in Chapter 46?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)