|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what does Charlotte try to convince Bertie to do?
(a) To get a steady job.
(b) To marry Eleanor.
(c) To bribe Mrs. Proudie.
(d) To move to Europe.
2. How does Mr. Arabin respond when he hears that Eleanor might marry Mr. Slope?
(a) He visits Mr. Slope.
(b) He visits Eleanor.
(c) He writes the Bishop.
(d) He writes Eleanor.
3. What does Mr. Slope learn about Eleanor when he is visiting Mr. Quiverful?
(a) That she is actually poor.
(b) That she is easily tricked.
(c) That she is well educated.
(d) That she has a large income.
4. Where does Bertie leave for?
(a) Eleanor's house.
(b) The Thorne estate.
5. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Arabin realize about Eleanor?
(a) That she is too smart for him.
(b) That he hates her.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) That she is difficult.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlotte try to convince her father to do in Chapter 45?
2. What does Eleanor think when Mr. Slope comes to visit her to show his support for her father as warden?
3. What does Bertie do as his father yells at him after the Thornes' party?
4. Why is Mr. Arabin at the Stanhope house in Chapter 46?
5. In Chapter 29, who comes to see Eleanor to discuss her relationship with Mr. Slope?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)