|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eleanor feel when she finds out that Mr. Arabin thinks she will marry Mr. Slope?
2. In Chapter 16, what causes a rift in Mr. Slope's relationship with Mrs. Proudie?
(a) Her friendship with Eleanor.
(b) The plans for the cathedral.
(c) Her money.
(d) The wardenship.
3. Why is Mr. Arabin at the Stanhope house in Chapter 46?
(a) To confess his love for the signora.
(b) To argue with Mr. Slope.
(c) To talk about Eleanor.
(d) To try to win favor for the deanery.
4. What is Eleanor doing when Mr. Slope comes to visit her in Chapter 16?
(a) Making lunch.
(b) Getting dressed.
(c) Talking to her father.
(d) Playing with her son.
5. What does Charlotte try to convince her father to do in Chapter 45?
(a) Give her money.
(b) Kick Bertie out.
(c) Not kick Bertie out.
(d) Take Eleanor in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eleanor think when Mr. Slope comes to visit her to show his support for her father as warden?
2. What does Bertie do as his father yells at him after the Thornes' party?
3. What makes Mr. Slope's relationship with the signora complicated?
4. How does Mr. Slope feel when he leaves the Stanhopes' in Chapter 46?
5. Where does Bertie leave for?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)