|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Mr. Slope's relationship with the signora complicated?
(a) She lives far away.
(b) She is disinterested in him.
(c) She is married.
(d) She is ill.
2. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Arabin realize about Eleanor?
(a) That he hates her.
(b) That she is too smart for him.
(c) That she is difficult.
(d) That he loves her.
3. How does Mr. Slope feel when he leaves the Stanhopes' in Chapter 46?
(a) Full of peace.
(b) Sad and embarrassed.
(c) Full of hatred.
(d) Horrified and scared.
4. What does Eleanor think when Mr. Slope comes to visit her to show his support for her father as warden?
(a) She decides she does not care for him.
(b) She is positive he is trying to marry her.
(c) She is not sure if she can trust him.
(d) She realizes how much she likes him.
5. What does Eleanor do when Mr. Slope asks her if she will marry Mr. Slope?
(a) She leaves Plumstead.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She talks to Charlotte about it.
(d) She cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 29, who comes to see Eleanor to discuss her relationship with Mr. Slope?
2. What does Mr. Slope learn about Eleanor when he is visiting Mr. Quiverful?
3. What does Bertie do as his father yells at him after the Thornes' party?
4. How does Mr. Arabin respond when he hears that Eleanor might marry Mr. Slope?
5. What does the signora tell Eleanor at their meeting?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)