|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Arabin respond when he hears that Eleanor might marry Mr. Slope?
(a) He writes Eleanor.
(b) He writes the Bishop.
(c) He visits Mr. Slope.
(d) He visits Eleanor.
2. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Arabin realize about Eleanor?
(a) That she is too smart for him.
(b) That she is difficult.
(c) That he hates her.
(d) That he loves her.
3. What does Eleanor do in the morning at the end of Chapter 29?
(a) Writes a letter to Mr. Slope.
(b) Reads the newspaper.
(c) Finds a job.
(d) Packs her bags.
4. How does Eleanor feel when she finds out that Mr. Arabin thinks she will marry Mr. Slope?
5. Where does Bertie leave for?
(a) The Thorne estate.
(b) Eleanor's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Arabin at the Stanhope house in Chapter 46?
2. In Chapter 16, what causes a rift in Mr. Slope's relationship with Mrs. Proudie?
3. In Chapter 29, who comes to see Eleanor to discuss her relationship with Mr. Slope?
4. What does Eleanor think when Mr. Slope comes to visit her to show his support for her father as warden?
5. What does Charlotte try to convince her father to do in Chapter 45?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)