|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what does Charlotte try to convince Bertie to do?
(a) To move to Europe.
(b) To marry Eleanor.
(c) To bribe Mrs. Proudie.
(d) To get a steady job.
2. In Chapter 16, what causes a rift in Mr. Slope's relationship with Mrs. Proudie?
(a) The wardenship.
(b) The plans for the cathedral.
(c) Her friendship with Eleanor.
(d) Her money.
3. What is Eleanor doing when Mr. Slope comes to visit her in Chapter 16?
(a) Making lunch.
(b) Getting dressed.
(c) Talking to her father.
(d) Playing with her son.
4. What does Eleanor think when Mr. Slope comes to visit her to show his support for her father as warden?
(a) She realizes how much she likes him.
(b) She is not sure if she can trust him.
(c) She decides she does not care for him.
(d) She is positive he is trying to marry her.
5. What does Mr. Slope learn about Eleanor when he is visiting Mr. Quiverful?
(a) That she is well educated.
(b) That she is easily tricked.
(c) That she has a large income.
(d) That she is actually poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Mr. Slope's relationship with the signora complicated?
2. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Arabin realize about Eleanor?
3. How does Eleanor feel when she finds out that Mr. Arabin thinks she will marry Mr. Slope?
4. In Chapter 29, who comes to see Eleanor to discuss her relationship with Mr. Slope?
5. What does Bertie do as his father yells at him after the Thornes' party?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)