|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Slope learn about Eleanor when he is visiting Mr. Quiverful?
(a) That she is easily tricked.
(b) That she is well educated.
(c) That she has a large income.
(d) That she is actually poor.
2. What does Charlotte try to convince her father to do in Chapter 45?
(a) Give her money.
(b) Not kick Bertie out.
(c) Take Eleanor in.
(d) Kick Bertie out.
3. In Chapter 15, what does Charlotte try to convince Bertie to do?
(a) To get a steady job.
(b) To bribe Mrs. Proudie.
(c) To move to Europe.
(d) To marry Eleanor.
4. What does Eleanor do when Mr. Slope asks her if she will marry Mr. Slope?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She talks to Charlotte about it.
(c) She cries.
(d) She leaves Plumstead.
5. What does Eleanor do in the morning at the end of Chapter 29?
(a) Reads the newspaper.
(b) Finds a job.
(c) Writes a letter to Mr. Slope.
(d) Packs her bags.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what causes a rift in Mr. Slope's relationship with Mrs. Proudie?
2. How does Eleanor feel when she finds out that Mr. Arabin thinks she will marry Mr. Slope?
3. What does Bertie do as his father yells at him after the Thornes' party?
4. Why is Mr. Arabin at the Stanhope house in Chapter 46?
5. What does the signora tell Eleanor at their meeting?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)