|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlotte try to convince her father to do in Chapter 45?
(a) Take Eleanor in.
(b) Not kick Bertie out.
(c) Give her money.
(d) Kick Bertie out.
2. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Arabin realize about Eleanor?
(a) That she is too smart for him.
(b) That she is difficult.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) That he hates her.
3. What does Bertie do as his father yells at him after the Thornes' party?
(a) He cries.
(b) He draws.
(c) He walks away.
(d) He laughs.
4. How does Eleanor feel when she finds out that Mr. Arabin thinks she will marry Mr. Slope?
5. In Chapter 16, what causes a rift in Mr. Slope's relationship with Mrs. Proudie?
(a) Her friendship with Eleanor.
(b) Her money.
(c) The wardenship.
(d) The plans for the cathedral.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bertie leave for?
2. In Chapter 15, what does Charlotte try to convince Bertie to do?
3. What does Eleanor do in the morning at the end of Chapter 29?
4. What does the signora tell Eleanor at their meeting?
5. What does Eleanor think when Mr. Slope comes to visit her to show his support for her father as warden?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)