|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eleanor doing when Mr. Slope comes to visit her in Chapter 16?
(a) Talking to her father.
(b) Playing with her son.
(c) Making lunch.
(d) Getting dressed.
2. In Chapter 15, what does Charlotte try to convince Bertie to do?
(a) To bribe Mrs. Proudie.
(b) To marry Eleanor.
(c) To move to Europe.
(d) To get a steady job.
3. How does Eleanor feel when she finds out that Mr. Arabin thinks she will marry Mr. Slope?
4. What does Bertie do as his father yells at him after the Thornes' party?
(a) He draws.
(b) He walks away.
(c) He cries.
(d) He laughs.
5. What does Eleanor do when Mr. Slope asks her if she will marry Mr. Slope?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She leaves Plumstead.
(c) She talks to Charlotte about it.
(d) She cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Slope learn about Eleanor when he is visiting Mr. Quiverful?
2. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Arabin realize about Eleanor?
3. What does Eleanor think when Mr. Slope comes to visit her to show his support for her father as warden?
4. Why is Mr. Arabin at the Stanhope house in Chapter 46?
5. What does Charlotte try to convince her father to do in Chapter 45?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)