|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what does Charlotte try to convince Bertie to do?
(a) To bribe Mrs. Proudie.
(b) To marry Eleanor.
(c) To move to Europe.
(d) To get a steady job.
2. What does the signora tell Eleanor at their meeting?
(a) That Bertie loves her.
(b) That Mr. Slope loves her.
(c) That Dr. Stanhope loves her.
(d) That Mr. Arabin loves her.
3. What does Eleanor do when Mr. Slope asks her if she will marry Mr. Slope?
(a) She leaves Plumstead.
(b) She cries.
(c) She talks to Charlotte about it.
(d) She laughs.
4. What does Bertie do as his father yells at him after the Thornes' party?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He cries.
(c) He draws.
(d) He walks away.
5. What does Eleanor think when Mr. Slope comes to visit her to show his support for her father as warden?
(a) She is not sure if she can trust him.
(b) She is positive he is trying to marry her.
(c) She decides she does not care for him.
(d) She realizes how much she likes him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlotte try to convince her father to do in Chapter 45?
2. In Chapter 16, what causes a rift in Mr. Slope's relationship with Mrs. Proudie?
3. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Arabin realize about Eleanor?
4. How does Mr. Arabin respond when he hears that Eleanor might marry Mr. Slope?
5. What does Eleanor do in the morning at the end of Chapter 29?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)