|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Arabin at the Stanhope house in Chapter 46?
(a) To argue with Mr. Slope.
(b) To talk about Eleanor.
(c) To confess his love for the signora.
(d) To try to win favor for the deanery.
2. In Chapter 15, what does Charlotte try to convince Bertie to do?
(a) To move to Europe.
(b) To get a steady job.
(c) To marry Eleanor.
(d) To bribe Mrs. Proudie.
3. What does Charlotte try to convince her father to do in Chapter 45?
(a) Kick Bertie out.
(b) Not kick Bertie out.
(c) Give her money.
(d) Take Eleanor in.
4. What does Mr. Slope learn about Eleanor when he is visiting Mr. Quiverful?
(a) That she is easily tricked.
(b) That she is actually poor.
(c) That she has a large income.
(d) That she is well educated.
5. What does Eleanor think when Mr. Slope comes to visit her to show his support for her father as warden?
(a) She is positive he is trying to marry her.
(b) She decides she does not care for him.
(c) She realizes how much she likes him.
(d) She is not sure if she can trust him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Arabin realize about Eleanor?
2. How does Mr. Slope feel when he leaves the Stanhopes' in Chapter 46?
3. In Chapter 29, who comes to see Eleanor to discuss her relationship with Mr. Slope?
4. In Chapter 16, what causes a rift in Mr. Slope's relationship with Mrs. Proudie?
5. What does Eleanor do in the morning at the end of Chapter 29?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)