|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor do in the morning at the end of Chapter 29?
(a) Writes a letter to Mr. Slope.
(b) Finds a job.
(c) Reads the newspaper.
(d) Packs her bags.
2. What does Mr. Slope learn about Eleanor when he is visiting Mr. Quiverful?
(a) That she is well educated.
(b) That she has a large income.
(c) That she is actually poor.
(d) That she is easily tricked.
3. In Chapter 16, what causes a rift in Mr. Slope's relationship with Mrs. Proudie?
(a) The wardenship.
(b) The plans for the cathedral.
(c) Her friendship with Eleanor.
(d) Her money.
4. Why is Mr. Arabin at the Stanhope house in Chapter 46?
(a) To argue with Mr. Slope.
(b) To talk about Eleanor.
(c) To confess his love for the signora.
(d) To try to win favor for the deanery.
5. What does Eleanor think when Mr. Slope comes to visit her to show his support for her father as warden?
(a) She is positive he is trying to marry her.
(b) She realizes how much she likes him.
(c) She decides she does not care for him.
(d) She is not sure if she can trust him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlotte try to convince her father to do in Chapter 45?
2. What makes Mr. Slope's relationship with the signora complicated?
3. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Arabin realize about Eleanor?
4. What does Bertie do as his father yells at him after the Thornes' party?
5. How does Mr. Slope feel when he leaves the Stanhopes' in Chapter 46?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)