|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor think when Mr. Slope comes to visit her to show his support for her father as warden?
(a) She is positive he is trying to marry her.
(b) She decides she does not care for him.
(c) She is not sure if she can trust him.
(d) She realizes how much she likes him.
2. In Chapter 29, who comes to see Eleanor to discuss her relationship with Mr. Slope?
(b) Mr. Quiverful.
(c) The Archdeacon.
(d) The Bishop.
3. What does Mr. Slope learn about Eleanor when he is visiting Mr. Quiverful?
(a) That she has a large income.
(b) That she is easily tricked.
(c) That she is well educated.
(d) That she is actually poor.
4. What does Eleanor do when Mr. Slope asks her if she will marry Mr. Slope?
(a) She leaves Plumstead.
(b) She cries.
(c) She talks to Charlotte about it.
(d) She laughs.
5. What does Charlotte try to convince her father to do in Chapter 45?
(a) Not kick Bertie out.
(b) Give her money.
(c) Kick Bertie out.
(d) Take Eleanor in.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Arabin realize about Eleanor?
2. What does Bertie do as his father yells at him after the Thornes' party?
3. In Chapter 16, what causes a rift in Mr. Slope's relationship with Mrs. Proudie?
4. Why is Mr. Arabin at the Stanhope house in Chapter 46?
5. How does Mr. Slope feel when he leaves the Stanhopes' in Chapter 46?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)