|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor think when Mr. Slope comes to visit her to show his support for her father as warden?
(a) She decides she does not care for him.
(b) She is not sure if she can trust him.
(c) She realizes how much she likes him.
(d) She is positive he is trying to marry her.
2. What does Eleanor do when Mr. Slope asks her if she will marry Mr. Slope?
(a) She leaves Plumstead.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She cries.
(d) She talks to Charlotte about it.
3. In Chapter 15, what does Charlotte try to convince Bertie to do?
(a) To get a steady job.
(b) To marry Eleanor.
(c) To bribe Mrs. Proudie.
(d) To move to Europe.
4. What does Bertie do as his father yells at him after the Thornes' party?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He walks away.
(c) He draws.
(d) He cries.
5. How does Mr. Slope feel when he leaves the Stanhopes' in Chapter 46?
(a) Full of peace.
(b) Sad and embarrassed.
(c) Full of hatred.
(d) Horrified and scared.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Arabin at the Stanhope house in Chapter 46?
2. Where does Bertie leave for?
3. What does Eleanor do in the morning at the end of Chapter 29?
4. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Arabin realize about Eleanor?
5. How does Mr. Arabin respond when he hears that Eleanor might marry Mr. Slope?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)