|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Arabin respond when he hears that Eleanor might marry Mr. Slope?
(a) He writes Eleanor.
(b) He visits Eleanor.
(c) He visits Mr. Slope.
(d) He writes the Bishop.
2. What does Eleanor do when Mr. Slope asks her if she will marry Mr. Slope?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She talks to Charlotte about it.
(c) She cries.
(d) She leaves Plumstead.
3. Where does Bertie leave for?
(b) The Thorne estate.
(d) Eleanor's house.
4. What is Eleanor doing when Mr. Slope comes to visit her in Chapter 16?
(a) Making lunch.
(b) Playing with her son.
(c) Talking to her father.
(d) Getting dressed.
5. In Chapter 16, what causes a rift in Mr. Slope's relationship with Mrs. Proudie?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her friendship with Eleanor.
(c) The plans for the cathedral.
(d) The wardenship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eleanor do in the morning at the end of Chapter 29?
2. Why is Mr. Arabin at the Stanhope house in Chapter 46?
3. What does Mr. Slope learn about Eleanor when he is visiting Mr. Quiverful?
4. In Chapter 15, what does Charlotte try to convince Bertie to do?
5. How does Mr. Slope feel when he leaves the Stanhopes' in Chapter 46?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)