|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what causes a rift in Mr. Slope's relationship with Mrs. Proudie?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her friendship with Eleanor.
(c) The plans for the cathedral.
(d) The wardenship.
2. What does Bertie do as his father yells at him after the Thornes' party?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He draws.
(c) He cries.
(d) He walks away.
3. How does Mr. Arabin respond when he hears that Eleanor might marry Mr. Slope?
(a) He visits Mr. Slope.
(b) He writes Eleanor.
(c) He visits Eleanor.
(d) He writes the Bishop.
4. What does Mr. Slope learn about Eleanor when he is visiting Mr. Quiverful?
(a) That she is easily tricked.
(b) That she is actually poor.
(c) That she is well educated.
(d) That she has a large income.
5. What does the signora tell Eleanor at their meeting?
(a) That Mr. Arabin loves her.
(b) That Bertie loves her.
(c) That Dr. Stanhope loves her.
(d) That Mr. Slope loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eleanor do in the morning at the end of Chapter 29?
2. What makes Mr. Slope's relationship with the signora complicated?
3. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Arabin realize about Eleanor?
4. What does Eleanor do when Mr. Slope asks her if she will marry Mr. Slope?
5. Why is Mr. Arabin at the Stanhope house in Chapter 46?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)