Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. When does "Barchester Towers" begin?
2. In Chapter 1, what position needs to be filled?
(a) King of England.
(c) Bishop of Barchester.
(d) Town Priest.
3. In Chapter 1, who dies?
(a) Dr. Grantly, Sr.
(b) Dr. Proudie.
(c) Dr. Harding.
(d) The Archdeacon.
4. Who is meant to run Hiram's Hospital?
(a) A priest.
(b) The King.
(c) A warden.
(d) A nun.
5. In Chapter 2, what makes Dr. Harding scandalous?
(a) People thought he made too much money.
(b) People thought he had been lying.
(c) People worried he had a girlfriend.
(d) People thought he had killed a man.
6. Who can go to Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Ill statesmen.
(b) Retired men.
(c) The mentally ill.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
7. Who is Dr. Proudie most associated with?
(a) Royal families and Parliament.
(b) Church goers and townspeople.
(c) Other doctors.
(d) Merchants and traders.
8. Where does the Proudie family prefer to live?
9. In Chapter 3, who is described as controlling what Dr. Proudie does?
(b) Mr. Slope.
(d) Mrs. Proudie.
This section contains 4,534 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)