Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 Abstract
* The Bishop of Barchester is dying and a new Bishop must be appointed.
* The Bishop's son, the Archbishop, assumes he will be considered.
* The government of England changes and there is a new Prime Minster.
* The new Prime Minister appoints his own Bishop, Dr. Proudie.
* The new Parliament passes a bill that redefines...
This section contains 2,199 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)