|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bastogne is located along what mountain range?
2. Who was demoted from regimental to battalion staff due to his excessive drinking in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
3. Who did Major Winters encounter on one occasion after his promotion and stopped to make him salute him in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
4. Who was shot in the neck by a German soldier and paralyzed when the opposing line attempted to break through in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
5. The Siege of Bastogne lasted from December 20 to when?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the juxtaposition of military life and civilian life to the men of Easy Company in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944." How did the men adapt to being in an English village after months in training?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting of Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944." What were the men of Easy Company greeted with in Mourmelon and Paris? How did this differ from their return to London after D-Day?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conflicts between Captain Sobel and Winters in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944." What did Winters accept as punishment from Sobel? What was the reaction of the company members?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)