|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Easy Company travel after Germany surrendered to Allied forces?
2. What did the German people in the surrounding rural areas do when they saw the American soldiers in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
3. What refers to a medical condition caused by prolonged exposure of the feet to damp, unsanitary and cold conditions?
4. Who ordered Easy Company north after their success in Noville?
5. The Siege of Bastogne lasted from December 20 to when?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Berchtesgaden like? What did Easy Company find there? What was their objective?
2. How were the troops set up in the battle at Bastogne in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"? What dangers were in this arrangement?
3. What was the experience like at Rachamps in Chapter Thirteen, "Attack: Noville: January 14-17, 1945"?
4. What happened with the mission led by Lieutenant Peacock in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
5. How did Winters prove his loyalty to the men of Easy Company in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
6. What was the feeling of the men toward Captain Speirs in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
7. What violence took place in Chapter Eighteen, "The Soldier's Dream Life: Austria: May 8-July 31, 1945"?
8. Who participated in the attack at Noville? Where was Easy Company ordered next?
9. Where was Easy Company ordered in mid-December, 1944? What did they find there?
10. What changes were taking place amongst Easy Company in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"? How was morale?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe trench warfare and how this was implemented in World War I and at the Island in World War II. What are the objectives and assets of trench warfare? What are the detriments of this style of fighting?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the events surrounding the drop in D-Day for Richard D. Winters and his men. How many troops dropped and across what area? What did they face upon landing?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the imagery and metaphors in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944." How is the island metaphorical for Easy Company and the individuals within it?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)