|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who participated in the attack on Noville?
2. In Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944," German troops surrounded the ring of soldiers protecting Bastogne, making what impossible?
3. What did the Army occupy in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
4. Who attempted to keep the men's spirits high although morale was low due to the dreadful conditions in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
5. The day after Christmas in 1944, whose battalion broke through the German lines, providing much-needed food, supplies and support?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of protagonist and how Dick Winters fills this role in Band of Brothers. How is a protagonist in a fictional work different from non-fiction? How does this affect the roles of protagonists and antagonists?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the mission of Market-Garden for Easy Company. Where was Market-Garden set to take place? What was the objective of the mission? What went wrong?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the imagery and metaphors in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944." How is the island metaphorical for Easy Company and the individuals within it?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)