|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Army occupy in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
2. Who ordered Winters to send a patrol across the river and behind German lines to procure prisoners for interrogation in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
3. With the Bastogne siege over, the men of Easy Company prepared to attack and take what nearby village?
4. Points were awarded based on amount of time in active duty, whether the soldier was married, and what?
5. Where is Noville located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes were taking place amongst Easy Company in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"? How was morale?
2. What took place once Easy Company returned to Mourmelon in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
3. What was the experience like for the men while staying in Berchtesgaden? What did they find in the rural people?
4. How were the troops set up in the battle at Bastogne in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"? What dangers were in this arrangement?
5. Who participated in the attack at Noville? Where was Easy Company ordered next?
6. What did the men do at Camp Mourmelon in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"?
7. How did the men of Easy Company's morale change after Spiers took command in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
8. What was the feeling of the men toward Captain Speirs in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
9. What led to Ronald C. Spiers taking command of Easy Company in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
10. After the success at Bastogne, where was Easy Company ordered in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the events surrounding the drop in D-Day for Richard D. Winters and his men. How many troops dropped and across what area? What did they face upon landing?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the imagery and metaphors in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944." How is the island metaphorical for Easy Company and the individuals within it?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the morale of the men of Easy Company in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944." What led to fighting in the London bars? How did the locals feel about the successful missions of Easy Company and others?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)