|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was assigned 2nd Battalion C.O. Captain in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
2. Where did Easy Company go to rest in France after leaving Holland in November, 1944?
3. What Easy Company's new commanding officer retreated and left the company on its own in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
4. Who participated in the attack on Noville?
5. Where in France is Mourmelon located?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the success at Bastogne, where was Easy Company ordered in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
2. Who participated in the attack at Noville? Where was Easy Company ordered next?
3. How did the men of Easy Company's morale change after Spiers took command in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
4. What changes were taking place amongst Easy Company in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"? How was morale?
5. What violence took place in Chapter Eighteen, "The Soldier's Dream Life: Austria: May 8-July 31, 1945"?
6. How were the troops set up in the battle at Bastogne in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"? What dangers were in this arrangement?
7. What was the defense of Hagenau like in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
8. What did the men of Easy Company do in their leisure time in Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945"? What did they discover in this chapter?
9. How did Winters prove his loyalty to the men of Easy Company in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
10. What was the feeling of the men toward Captain Speirs in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the events surrounding the drop in D-Day for Richard D. Winters and his men. How many troops dropped and across what area? What did they face upon landing?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting of Camp Toccoa, Georgia in 1942 and the establishment of Easy Company. What historical events which led to U.S. involvement in the Second World War? When did the U.S. enter the war?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the juxtaposition of military life and civilian life to the men of Easy Company in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944." How did the men adapt to being in an English village after months in training?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)