|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Major Winters encounter on one occasion after his promotion and stopped to make him salute him in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
2. Who gathered information about a possible Nazi slave labor camp leader hiding in the mountains in Chapter Eighteen, "The Soldier's Dream Life: Austria: May 8-July 31, 1945"?
3. In Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944," German troops surrounded the ring of soldiers protecting Bastogne, making what impossible?
4. Where did Easy Company go to rest in France after leaving Holland in November, 1944?
5. Who participated in the attack on Noville?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who participated in the attack at Noville? Where was Easy Company ordered next?
2. What was the experience like at Rachamps in Chapter Thirteen, "Attack: Noville: January 14-17, 1945"?
3. What did the men do at Camp Mourmelon in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"?
4. What did the men of Easy Company do in their leisure time in Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945"? What did they discover in this chapter?
5. Where was Easy Company ordered in mid-December, 1944? What did they find there?
6. What changes were taking place amongst Easy Company in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"? How was morale?
7. What was the defense of Hagenau like in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
8. How did the men of Easy Company's morale change after Spiers took command in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
9. What did the Easy Company men find in Austria in Chapter Eighteen, "The Soldier's Dream Life: Austria: May 8-July 31, 1945"?
10. What was the experience like for the men while staying in Berchtesgaden? What did they find in the rural people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the process of parachute training for the men of Easy Company. How did the men do with their first drops? What was morale like during this period in the text?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the life and career of Captain Herbert M. Sobel. Where was Sobel from? What characteristics did he exude? How well was he liked by his men?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the morale of the men of Easy Company in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944." What led to fighting in the London bars? How did the locals feel about the successful missions of Easy Company and others?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)