|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, when confronted with a written request from German General Luttwitz for surrender of Bastogne, replied "NUTS!"?
2. Where in France is Mourmelon located?
3. The Siege of Bastogne lasted from December 20 to when?
4. The goal of the German offensive in the Battle of Bastogne was the harbor located where?
5. Easy Company liberated the people of what in Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945"?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting of Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944." What were the men of Easy Company greeted with in Mourmelon and Paris? How did this differ from their return to London after D-Day?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the symbolism and imagery in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944." What are the key themes in the chapter? How has the company's morale changed since the last chapter?
Essay Topic 3
Describe trench warfare and how this was implemented in World War I and at the Island in World War II. What are the objectives and assets of trench warfare? What are the detriments of this style of fighting?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)