|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Easy Company had to travel across the river in how many boats at night in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
2. What did the Army occupy in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
3. What was forbidden while the men were in battle in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
4. What soldier from Easy Company was lost in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945" from a grenade fragment in his skull?
5. The day after Christmas in 1944, whose battalion broke through the German lines, providing much-needed food, supplies and support?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who participated in the attack at Noville? Where was Easy Company ordered next?
2. What took place once Easy Company returned to Mourmelon in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
3. What was the defense of Hagenau like in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
4. How was Easy Company's bravery illustrated in Bastogne in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"?
5. What was Berchtesgaden like? What did Easy Company find there? What was their objective?
6. What was the experience like for the men while staying in Berchtesgaden? What did they find in the rural people?
7. What violence took place in Chapter Eighteen, "The Soldier's Dream Life: Austria: May 8-July 31, 1945"?
8. Where was Easy Company ordered in mid-December, 1944? What did they find there?
9. How did Winters prove his loyalty to the men of Easy Company in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
10. What was the experience like at Rachamps in Chapter Thirteen, "Attack: Noville: January 14-17, 1945"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the events surrounding the drop in D-Day for Richard D. Winters and his men. How many troops dropped and across what area? What did they face upon landing?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the actions that Winters took during and after the drop at Utah Beach. What makes Winters' actions heroic? How did his actions lead to victory?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting of Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944." What were the men of Easy Company greeted with in Mourmelon and Paris? How did this differ from their return to London after D-Day?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)