|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Berchtesgaden was a village populated with whom?
2. Who killed an insubordinate American soldier in Normandy, causing some disagreement about him among the troops?
3. Who was the friend and alcohol connoisseur who shared in the findings of Hitler's liquor and wine cellar in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
4. Who discovered a gigantic cellar filled with liquor and wine from across the globe in Hitler's home?
5. The day after Christmas in 1944, whose battalion broke through the German lines, providing much-needed food, supplies and support?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Easy Company's bravery illustrated in Bastogne in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"?
2. What was the experience like for the men while staying in Berchtesgaden? What did they find in the rural people?
3. Where was Easy Company ordered in mid-December, 1944? What did they find there?
4. How did Winters prove his loyalty to the men of Easy Company in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
5. What changes were taking place amongst Easy Company in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"? How was morale?
6. What was the feeling of the men toward Captain Speirs in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
7. What was Berchtesgaden like? What did Easy Company find there? What was their objective?
8. What violence took place in Chapter Eighteen, "The Soldier's Dream Life: Austria: May 8-July 31, 1945"?
9. What happened with the mission led by Lieutenant Peacock in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
10. What did the men do at Camp Mourmelon in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting of Camp Toccoa, Georgia in 1942 and the establishment of Easy Company. What historical events which led to U.S. involvement in the Second World War? When did the U.S. enter the war?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the morale of the men of Easy Company in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944." What led to fighting in the London bars? How did the locals feel about the successful missions of Easy Company and others?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the process of parachute training for the men of Easy Company. How did the men do with their first drops? What was morale like during this period in the text?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)