Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, when confronted with a written request from German General Luttwitz for surrender of Bastogne, replied "NUTS!"?
2. Where in France is Mourmelon located?
3. The Siege of Bastogne lasted from December 20 to when?
4. The goal of the German offensive in the Battle of Bastogne was the harbor located where?
5. Easy Company liberated the people of what in Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945"?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the life, career, and characteristics of Captain Richard D. Winters. Where was Winters from? How did the rise through the ranks of the U.S. Military? How was he regarded by his men?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the conflicts between Captain Sobel and Winters in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944." What did Winters accept as punishment from Sobel? What was the reaction of the company members?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the imagery and metaphors in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944." How is the island metaphorical for Easy Company and the individuals within it?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)