|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was forbidden while the men were in battle in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
2. Where in France is Mourmelon located?
3. Where was Easy Company trucked to through snow in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
4. Who was shot in the neck by a German soldier and paralyzed when the opposing line attempted to break through in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
5. In April, 1945, how many German soldiers surrendered to American forces?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the morale of the men of Easy Company in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944." What led to fighting in the London bars? How did the locals feel about the successful missions of Easy Company and others?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the German military and its strengths and weaknesses in World War II. How did this impact the tactics of the Allied forces? Were more attacks led by air, sea, or land?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting of Camp Toccoa, Georgia in 1942 and the establishment of Easy Company. What historical events which led to U.S. involvement in the Second World War? When did the U.S. enter the war?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)