Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, when confronted with a written request from German General Luttwitz for surrender of Bastogne, replied "NUTS!"?
2. Where in France is Mourmelon located?
3. The Siege of Bastogne lasted from December 20 to when?
4. The goal of the German offensive in the Battle of Bastogne was the harbor located where?
5. Easy Company liberated the people of what in Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945"?
Essay Topic 1
Describe trench warfare and how this was implemented in World War I and at the Island in World War II. What are the objectives and assets of trench warfare? What are the detriments of this style of fighting?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the juxtaposition of military life and civilian life to the men of Easy Company in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944." How did the men adapt to being in an English village after months in training?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the morale of the men of Easy Company in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944." What led to fighting in the London bars? How did the locals feel about the successful missions of Easy Company and others?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)