|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Points were awarded based on amount of time in active duty, whether the soldier was married, and what?
2. In Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945" Easy Company traveled into Germany as an occupation force rather than what?
3. Where in France is Mourmelon located?
4. Back in Mourmelon, the Easy Company showered for the first time in how long in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
5. What Easy Company's new commanding officer retreated and left the company on its own in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the experience like for the men while staying in Berchtesgaden? What did they find in the rural people?
2. What was the feeling of the men toward Captain Speirs in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
3. How did the men of Easy Company's morale change after Spiers took command in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
4. What violence took place in Chapter Eighteen, "The Soldier's Dream Life: Austria: May 8-July 31, 1945"?
5. What did the Easy Company men find in Austria in Chapter Eighteen, "The Soldier's Dream Life: Austria: May 8-July 31, 1945"?
6. What did the men do at Camp Mourmelon in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"?
7. What was the experience like at Rachamps in Chapter Thirteen, "Attack: Noville: January 14-17, 1945"?
8. Where was Easy Company ordered in mid-December, 1944? What did they find there?
9. What did the soldiers find in the German people in Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945"?
10. How did Winters prove his loyalty to the men of Easy Company in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the mission and operations which were established to be carried out on D-Day, 1942. How was Easy Company's mission related to others around it? How many troops were killed during the drop?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the biography and career of Stephen E. Ambrose. What other works has Ambrose written? What awards did he receive for his work?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the invasion of Brecourt Manor and the assistance received from Lieutenant Ronald Speirs. How did Speirs' actions help Winters and his men?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)