|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The operation of eliminating the German battery contributed to the success of the beach invasion, as the location looked directly down upon what in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
2. After how long at the battle at Carentan were the men of Easy Company relieved from the front lines?
3. What refers to warfare with asphyxiating, poisonous, or corrosive gases, oil and flames?
4. After how much time in parachute training did the Easy Company make their first jump?
5. Who was the 2nd Lieutenant of the Easy Company in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the ultimate failure in Market-Garden? How did the men perform?
2. Describe the problems which took place in Easy Company's jump on D-Day. How did the leg bags work? Where did the troops land?
3. Where did the men of Easy Company return in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"? What were they greeted with there?
4. What practice mission did the mission Easy Company undertake in preparation for D-Day? What backfired?
5. Where was Easy Company ordered to lead a battalion in Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"? What resistance did they meet?
6. How is Easy Company described in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"? Where did they undergo training?
7. Who assisted Winters in taking out three German guns in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
8. How did the battle at Carentan affect Easy Company's morale?
9. What examples of brotherhood are seen in the battle at Carentan in Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"?
10. Where did Easy Company undergo parachute training? What was training like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the biography and career of Stephen E. Ambrose. What other works has Ambrose written? What awards did he receive for his work?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the invasion of Brecourt Manor and the assistance received from Lieutenant Ronald Speirs. How did Speirs' actions help Winters and his men?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the imagery and metaphors in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944." How is the island metaphorical for Easy Company and the individuals within it?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)