|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Easy Company encounter and eradicate in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
2. In the battle at Carentan, supporting troops from Fox Company and what company fell back from the front lines?
3. Who ran down the road and six men followed, but the remainder stayed in the ditch during the attack on Carentan?
4. When did the Easy Company complete basic training?
5. The men of Easy Company were rewarded after D-Day in England with new gear, pay and what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Winters deal with the conflict with Sobel in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
2. How did the men fight back against Sobel in Chapter Two, "Stand Up and Hook Up: Benning, Mackall, Bragg, Shanks: December 1942-September 1943"?
3. What practice mission did the mission Easy Company undertake in preparation for D-Day? What backfired?
4. How is Easy Company described in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"? Where did they undergo training?
5. What happened to Winters during the D-Day landing? Who did he find after landing in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
6. How did Market-Garden impact the morale of Easy Company?
7. How did the attitude of the men of Easy Company change in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
8. What did Winters and his men discover outside of the camp in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
9. Describe the problems which took place in Easy Company's jump on D-Day. How did the leg bags work? Where did the troops land?
10. Who was the commanding officer of Easy Company in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"? How was he viewed by his men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the invasion of Brecourt Manor and the assistance received from Lieutenant Ronald Speirs. How did Speirs' actions help Winters and his men?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the juxtaposition of military life and civilian life to the men of Easy Company in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944." How did the men adapt to being in an English village after months in training?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the life, career, and characteristics of Captain Richard D. Winters. Where was Winters from? How did the rise through the ranks of the U.S. Military? How was he regarded by his men?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)