|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the men of Easy Company initially greeted with in London in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
2. Winters' group joined forces with how many men after their landing in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
3. When Winters was promoted in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944" it had been how long since his previous promotion?
4. What did Winters lose when he landed in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
5. What was the rally point for American forces coming from both Utah Beach and Omaha Beach in the D-Day invasion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after the men of Easy Company were given spaghetti in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
2. What took place during the actual drop of Easy Company in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"? Whose plane was hit?
3. What relationship between Winters and Sobel is established in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
4. What were the exercises of Easy Company like in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
5. Describe the journey overseas in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944." Where did Easy Company travel?
6. What did Winters and his men discover outside of the camp in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
7. Where were the men of Easy Company fighting in the beginning of Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
8. How did the men fight back against Sobel in Chapter Two, "Stand Up and Hook Up: Benning, Mackall, Bragg, Shanks: December 1942-September 1943"?
9. What was the ultimate failure in Market-Garden? How did the men perform?
10. What happened once Easy Company had reached Neunen in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the symbolism and imagery in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944." What are the key themes in the chapter? How has the company's morale changed since the last chapter?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of protagonist and how Dick Winters fills this role in Band of Brothers. How is a protagonist in a fictional work different from non-fiction? How does this affect the roles of protagonists and antagonists?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the process of parachute training for the men of Easy Company. How did the men do with their first drops? What was morale like during this period in the text?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)