|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term means to surrender unconditionally or on stipulated terms?
2. What did the pilots do when coming under attack over the drop zone in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944"?
3. Easy Company relieved troops near what area that was being held by an entire division in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
4. Easy Company was assigned to a risky and vital operation where in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
5. The men of Easy Company were rewarded after D-Day in England with new gear, pay and what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Berchtesgaden like? What did Easy Company find there? What was their objective?
2. Who responded to the attack orders in the Carentan operation? What took place?
3. What was the ultimate failure in Market-Garden? How did the men perform?
4. What did the men do at Camp Mourmelon in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"?
5. Where did the men of Easy Company return in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"? What were they greeted with there?
6. What was the self esteem of Easy Company members like after completing parachute training? How did they interact with other soldiers?
7. Who participated in the attack at Noville? Where was Easy Company ordered next?
8. What happened with the mission led by Lieutenant Peacock in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
9. Describe the journey overseas in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944." Where did Easy Company travel?
10. How did the attitudes of the men of Easy Company change in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the process of parachute training for the men of Easy Company. How did the men do with their first drops? What was morale like during this period in the text?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of protagonist and how Dick Winters fills this role in Band of Brothers. How is a protagonist in a fictional work different from non-fiction? How does this affect the roles of protagonists and antagonists?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the German military and its strengths and weaknesses in World War II. How did this impact the tactics of the Allied forces? Were more attacks led by air, sea, or land?
This section contains 1,547 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)