|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the American troops refer to the major road which the Germans were intent to cut off near Neunen in the Market-Garden operation?
2. What tanks arrived at Easy Company's location after the successful invasion on D-Day?
3. What percentage of Easy Company's regiment completed the first jump in parachute training?
4. The men of Easy Company were rewarded after D-Day in England with new gear, pay and what?
5. Where did the German troops change their target to when they had Easy Company surrounded in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the battle at Carentan affect Easy Company's morale?
2. What relationship between Winters and Sobel is established in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
3. How did Winters deal with the conflict with Sobel in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
4. How is Easy Company described in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"? Where did they undergo training?
5. How did the attitude of the men of Easy Company change in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
6. What happened after the men of Easy Company were given spaghetti in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
7. What was the ultimate failure in Market-Garden? How did the men perform?
8. Why were the scheduled parachute drops in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944" canceled?
9. Where were the men of Easy Company fighting in the beginning of Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
10. Describe the problems which took place in Easy Company's jump on D-Day. How did the leg bags work? Where did the troops land?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting of Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944." What were the men of Easy Company greeted with in Mourmelon and Paris? How did this differ from their return to London after D-Day?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the morale of the men of Easy Company in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944." What led to fighting in the London bars? How did the locals feel about the successful missions of Easy Company and others?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the mission of Market-Garden for Easy Company. Where was Market-Garden set to take place? What was the objective of the mission? What went wrong?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)