|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942" the author writes that never before had troops endured basic training at the same time as what training?
2. After how long at the battle at Carentan were the men of Easy Company relieved from the front lines?
3. The Easy Company entrenched itself, in what style, on an area nicknamed the Island in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
4. How many troops were killed, captured or wounded during Operation Market-Garden?
5. What soldier was sent home when the military realized that all three of his brothers were killed in action in Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the exercises of Easy Company like in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
2. Where were the men of Easy Company fighting in the beginning of Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
3. What did the intelligence briefing indicate as the German weakness in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"? How did this affect planning?
4. Where was Easy Company ordered to lead a battalion in Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"? What resistance did they meet?
5. How did Winters deal with the conflict with Sobel in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
6. What practice mission did the mission Easy Company undertake in preparation for D-Day? What backfired?
7. What was the ultimate failure in Market-Garden? How did the men perform?
8. How did the battle at Carentan affect Easy Company's morale?
9. What was the self esteem of Easy Company members like after completing parachute training? How did they interact with other soldiers?
10. How did the attitudes of the men of Easy Company change in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the life, career, and characteristics of Captain Richard D. Winters. Where was Winters from? How did the rise through the ranks of the U.S. Military? How was he regarded by his men?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the events surrounding the drop in D-Day for Richard D. Winters and his men. How many troops dropped and across what area? What did they face upon landing?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting of Camp Toccoa, Georgia in 1942 and the establishment of Easy Company. What historical events which led to U.S. involvement in the Second World War? When did the U.S. enter the war?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)