|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of Easy Company's regiment completed the first jump in parachute training?
2. Who led the frontal assault while the machine gunners provided support on the German machine guns in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
3. Who verbally reprimanded the company for considering mutiny in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
4. What were the men served a large meal of before being ordered to run up Mount Currahee in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
5. In Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944," American troops marched south, to a village called what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the soldiers find in the German people in Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945"?
2. What was Berchtesgaden like? What did Easy Company find there? What was their objective?
3. What did Winters and his men discover outside of the camp in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
4. What did the men of Easy Company do in their leisure time in Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945"? What did they discover in this chapter?
5. What was the ultimate failure in Market-Garden? How did the men perform?
6. How did Winters deal with the conflict with Sobel in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
7. Where were the men of Easy Company fighting in the beginning of Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
8. Who responded to the attack orders in the Carentan operation? What took place?
9. How did the men fight back against Sobel in Chapter Two, "Stand Up and Hook Up: Benning, Mackall, Bragg, Shanks: December 1942-September 1943"?
10. What acknowledgments did Winters receive for his achievements in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the symbolism and imagery in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944." What are the key themes in the chapter? How has the company's morale changed since the last chapter?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the morale of the men of Easy Company in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944." What led to fighting in the London bars? How did the locals feel about the successful missions of Easy Company and others?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of protagonist and how Dick Winters fills this role in Band of Brothers. How is a protagonist in a fictional work different from non-fiction? How does this affect the roles of protagonists and antagonists?
This section contains 1,557 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)