Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The incident of a German attack by torpedoes on the training regiments in England in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944" was covered up by the military for how many years?
2. What plane did the men of Easy Company first jump from in parachute training?
3. Easy Company was involved with a mission to take what beach on D-Day?
4. Where did Easy Company's regiment move in March, 1943?
5. German tanks eradicated Easy Company's supporting what in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conditions of the men fighting in Bastogne in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944." How were the injured treated?
2. How did Winters deal with the conflict with Sobel in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
3. What led to Ronald C. Spiers taking command of Easy Company in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
4. How did the attitude of the men of Easy Company change in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
5. What acknowledgments did Winters receive for his achievements in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
6. What did the intelligence briefing indicate as the German weakness in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"? How did this affect planning?
7. What examples of brotherhood are seen in the battle at Carentan in Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"?
8. Who participated in the attack at Noville? Where was Easy Company ordered next?
9. What happened once Easy Company had reached Neunen in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
10. Where did the men of Easy Company return in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"? What were they greeted with there?
Describe the events surrounding the drop in D-Day for Richard D. Winters and his men. How many troops dropped and across what area? What did they face upon landing?
Discuss the juxtaposition of military life and civilian life to the men of Easy Company in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944." How did the men adapt to being in an English village after months in training?
Describe the setting of Bastogne and the mission that Easy Company faced there. What supplies were Easy Company lacking? How did they manage without them?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)