|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944," Easy Company had a brief reprieve from fighting with a full night of rest before being sent to defend Carentan from what direction?
2. What was Winters promoted to at the end of Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"?
3. How many British tanks supported Easy Company on their advance through Veghel in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
4. In what state did training take place in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
5. What were the men served a large meal of before being ordered to run up Mount Currahee in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Winters during the D-Day landing? Who did he find after landing in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
2. Describe the journey overseas in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944." Where did Easy Company travel?
3. What relationship between Winters and Sobel is established in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
4. How did Market-Garden impact the morale of Easy Company?
5. How was the morale of the Easy Company n the end of Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"? What held them together?
6. What practice mission did the mission Easy Company undertake in preparation for D-Day? What backfired?
7. Describe the change in tone in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944." How did the men feel about facing action?
8. What was the objective in Operation Market-Garden? How did the mission begin?
9. How is Easy Company described in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"? Where did they undergo training?
10. Where was Easy Company ordered to lead a battalion in Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"? What resistance did they meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the German military and its strengths and weaknesses in World War II. How did this impact the tactics of the Allied forces? Were more attacks led by air, sea, or land?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the symbolism and imagery in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944." What are the key themes in the chapter? How has the company's morale changed since the last chapter?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the life and career of Captain Herbert M. Sobel. Where was Sobel from? What characteristics did he exude? How well was he liked by his men?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)