|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Island in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944" was surrounded by what?
2. The platoon of how many men pushed back two companies of Germans in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
3. What was the name of the base where the 506th Regiment trained in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
4. What marked the date that the 506th parachute infantry regiment officially joined the 101st Airborne Division?
5. What were the men treated to before shipping out on July 4, 1944?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the objective in Operation Market-Garden? How did the mission begin?
2. What happened once Easy Company had reached Neunen in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
3. What did the Easy Company men find in Austria in Chapter Eighteen, "The Soldier's Dream Life: Austria: May 8-July 31, 1945"?
4. What theme is prominent in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"? How is this exemplified in the men of Easy Company?
5. What did the soldiers find in the German people in Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945"?
6. How did Winters prove his loyalty to the men of Easy Company in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
7. What led to Ronald C. Spiers taking command of Easy Company in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
8. What was Berchtesgaden like? What did Easy Company find there? What was their objective?
9. What relationship between Winters and Sobel is established in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
10. Who was the commanding officer of Easy Company in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"? How was he viewed by his men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the mission and operations which were established to be carried out on D-Day, 1942. How was Easy Company's mission related to others around it? How many troops were killed during the drop?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting of Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944." What were the men of Easy Company greeted with in Mourmelon and Paris? How did this differ from their return to London after D-Day?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the life and career of Captain Herbert M. Sobel. Where was Sobel from? What characteristics did he exude? How well was he liked by his men?
This section contains 1,500 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)