|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Winters lose when he landed in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
2. One of the incompetent officers who attempted to take command of Easy Company was suspected of doing what so he could be evacuated in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
3. How many troops were killed, captured or wounded during Operation Market-Garden?
4. Easy Company relieved troops near what area that was being held by an entire division in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
5. What were the men of Easy Company initially greeted with in London in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the morale of Easy Company in Chapter Two, "Stand Up and Hook Up: Benning, Mackall, Bragg, Shanks: December 1942-September 1943." What did the men think of parachute training?
2. Who assisted Winters in taking out three German guns in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
3. Describe the problems which took place in Easy Company's jump on D-Day. How did the leg bags work? Where did the troops land?
4. Describe the journey overseas in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944." Where did Easy Company travel?
5. How did Market-Garden impact the morale of Easy Company?
6. Who responded to the attack orders in the Carentan operation? What took place?
7. What examples of brotherhood are seen in the battle at Carentan in Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"?
8. What happened to Winters during the D-Day landing? Who did he find after landing in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
9. How was the morale of the Easy Company n the end of Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"? What held them together?
10. What happened after the men of Easy Company were given spaghetti in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting of Camp Toccoa, Georgia in 1942 and the establishment of Easy Company. What historical events which led to U.S. involvement in the Second World War? When did the U.S. enter the war?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the symbolism and imagery in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944." What are the key themes in the chapter? How has the company's morale changed since the last chapter?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the German military and its strengths and weaknesses in World War II. How did this impact the tactics of the Allied forces? Were more attacks led by air, sea, or land?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)