|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Army occupy in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
(a) Lavish Nazi homes.
2. What Normandy and Holland veteran broke under the pressure of seeing two of his closest friends seriously injured by heavy artillery at Bastogne in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
(a) Lieutenant Thomas A. Peacock.
(b) Lieutenant Robert Rousch.
(c) Lieutenant Buck Compton.
(d) Lieutenant Ronald C. Speirs.
3. When did the division hold a parade that top Army leaders, including General Eisenhower, attended?
(a) June, 1946.
(b) May, 1946.
(c) May, 1945.
(d) March, 1945.
4. Berchtesgaden was a village populated with whom?
(a) Poor Jews.
(b) High-ranking Nazis.
(c) Beautiful women.
(d) The elderly.
5. Who ordered Easy Company north after their success in Noville?
(a) General McAuliffe.
(b) General Taylor.
(c) General Patton.
(d) Lieutenant Colonel Strayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Noville located?
2. Who killed an insubordinate American soldier in Normandy, causing some disagreement about him among the troops?
3. When was Easy Company ordered to defend Bastogne?
4. What soldier from Easy Company was lost in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945" from a grenade fragment in his skull?
5. How many prisoners did Easy Company secure across the river in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What violence took place in Chapter Eighteen, "The Soldier's Dream Life: Austria: May 8-July 31, 1945"?
2. How did Winters prove his loyalty to the men of Easy Company in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
3. Where was Easy Company ordered in mid-December, 1944? What did they find there?
4. How was Easy Company's bravery illustrated in Bastogne in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"?
5. What was the defense of Hagenau like in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
6. What did the men do at Camp Mourmelon in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"?
7. What was the experience like at Rachamps in Chapter Thirteen, "Attack: Noville: January 14-17, 1945"?
8. Describe the conditions of the men fighting in Bastogne in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944." How were the injured treated?
9. After the success at Bastogne, where was Easy Company ordered in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
10. What was the experience like for the men while staying in Berchtesgaden? What did they find in the rural people?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)