|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Easy Company and the 101st marched toward the fight and dug in to defend Bastogne with no artillery or what?
(b) Air support.
(c) Land mines.
2. The Army deactivated Easy Company on what date?
(a) August 11, 1945.
(b) January 5, 1946.
(c) November 30, 1945.
(d) November 31, 1945.
3. Bastogne is located along what mountain range?
(c) Sierra Nevada.
4. Where did the Easy Company sleep for the first time in months in Rachamps in Chapter Thirteen, "Attack: Noville: January 14-17, 1945"?
(a) Inside a building.
(b) In fox holes.
(c) Under the stars.
(d) In trenches.
5. The day after Christmas in 1944, whose battalion broke through the German lines, providing much-needed food, supplies and support?
(a) General Smith's.
(b) General Patton's.
(c) General McAuliffe's.
(d) General Taylor's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did many of the soldiers do while on leave to relieve stress?
2. Who killed an insubordinate American soldier in Normandy, causing some disagreement about him among the troops?
3. Who did Winters order to take command of Easy Company after Dike stopped the line of advance in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
4. Who attempted to keep the men's spirits high although morale was low due to the dreadful conditions in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
5. Who was the first to reach Eagle's Nest in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the success at Bastogne, where was Easy Company ordered in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
2. What did the men do at Camp Mourmelon in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"?
3. How did the men of Easy Company's morale change after Spiers took command in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
4. What took place once Easy Company returned to Mourmelon in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
5. What led to Ronald C. Spiers taking command of Easy Company in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
6. Where was Easy Company ordered in mid-December, 1944? What did they find there?
7. What was the experience like for the men while staying in Berchtesgaden? What did they find in the rural people?
8. What was Berchtesgaden like? What did Easy Company find there? What was their objective?
9. What was the experience like at Rachamps in Chapter Thirteen, "Attack: Noville: January 14-17, 1945"?
10. What did the Easy Company men find in Austria in Chapter Eighteen, "The Soldier's Dream Life: Austria: May 8-July 31, 1945"?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)