|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did German tanks and patrol units surround Easy Company in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
2. The men who completed five successful jumps in parachute training received a certificate and what to denote them certified parachutists?
(a) Gold stars.
(b) Silver wings.
(c) Bronze wings.
(d) Ruby watches.
3. What were the men treated to before shipping out on July 4, 1944?
(a) An exceptional meal.
(d) Letters from home.
4. How many Germans comprised the companies which were pushed back in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
5. What was Winters promoted to in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
(a) Senior Officer of 2nd Regiment.
(b) Senior Officer of 1st Regiment.
(c) Executive Officer of 2nd Battalion.
(d) Executive Officer of 3rd Regiment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What marked the date that the 506th parachute infantry regiment officially joined the 101st Airborne Division?
2. What did Lieutenant Winters and ten other men receive at the end of Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"?
3. Growing dissatisfaction with Sobel's lack of tactical skill made some officers consider approaching who about the problem in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
4. Where did Easy Company continue to lead the march in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
5. The Island in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944" was surrounded by what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who responded to the attack orders in the Carentan operation? What took place?
2. What was the self esteem of Easy Company members like after completing parachute training? How did they interact with other soldiers?
3. What took place during the actual drop of Easy Company in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"? Whose plane was hit?
4. Who was the commanding officer of Easy Company in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"? How was he viewed by his men?
5. Who assisted Winters in taking out three German guns in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
6. What practice mission did the mission Easy Company undertake in preparation for D-Day? What backfired?
7. How did the men fight back against Sobel in Chapter Two, "Stand Up and Hook Up: Benning, Mackall, Bragg, Shanks: December 1942-September 1943"?
8. Discuss the morale of Easy Company in Chapter Two, "Stand Up and Hook Up: Benning, Mackall, Bragg, Shanks: December 1942-September 1943." What did the men think of parachute training?
9. Describe the journey overseas in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944." Where did Easy Company travel?
10. How did the attitudes of the men of Easy Company change in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)