|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Winters was promoted in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944" it had been how long since his previous promotion?
(a) 26 months.
(b) 10 weeks.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 10 years.
2. Who replaced Sobel as C.O. of Easy Company in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
(a) First Lieutenant Frederick Theodore Heyliger.
(b) First Lieutenant Robert B. Brewer.
(c) First Lieutenant Norman Staunton Dike, Jr.
(d) Lieutenant Thomas Meehan.
3. At the end of October, 1943, Sobel assigned Winters to what inspection duty?
4. Who became the victim of several training exercise pranks that made him appear incompetent in Chapter Two, "Stand Up and Hook Up: Benning, Mackall, Bragg, Shanks: December 1942-September 1943"?
(a) Lieutenant Colonel Robert L. Strayer.
(b) Captain Lewis Nixon.
(c) Major Oliver M. Horton.
(d) Captain Herbert Sobel.
5. What was the rally point for American forces coming from both Utah Beach and Omaha Beach in the D-Day invasion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spied the vast number of ships and boats in the invading fleet and became awestruck in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944"?
2. Easy Company was assigned to a risky and vital operation where in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
3. What caused the planes' V-formation to break off during the flight in on D-Day?
4. After some time in London in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944," men such as Gordon and who returned to Easy Company?
5. After how long at the battle at Carentan were the men of Easy Company relieved from the front lines?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the attitudes of the men of Easy Company change in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
2. What was the self esteem of Easy Company members like after completing parachute training? How did they interact with other soldiers?
3. What happened to Winters during the D-Day landing? Who did he find after landing in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
4. What was the ultimate failure in Market-Garden? How did the men perform?
5. Describe the problems which took place in Easy Company's jump on D-Day. How did the leg bags work? Where did the troops land?
6. How was the morale of the Easy Company n the end of Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"? What held them together?
7. What training took place in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"? What was it like?
8. How did the battle at Carentan affect Easy Company's morale?
9. Who assisted Winters in taking out three German guns in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
10. What theme is prominent in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"? How is this exemplified in the men of Easy Company?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)