|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The incident of a German attack by torpedoes on the training regiments in England in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944" was covered up by the military for how many years?
2. What plane did the men of Easy Company first jump from in parachute training?
3. Easy Company was involved with a mission to take what beach on D-Day?
(a) California Beach.
(b) Oregon Beach.
(c) Idaho Beach.
(d) Utah Beach.
4. Where did Easy Company's regiment move in March, 1943?
(a) Camp Tenaya.
(b) Camp Mackall.
(c) Camp Lucas.
(d) Camp Pendleton.
5. German tanks eradicated Easy Company's supporting what in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
(a) American planes.
(b) Canadian horses.
(c) British tanks.
(d) American tanks.
Short Answer Questions
1. The men of Easy Company traveled to where, which was eighty miles west of London, in September, 1943?
2. The men of Easy Company were rewarded after D-Day in England with new gear, pay and what?
3. The men who completed five successful jumps in parachute training received a certificate and what to denote them certified parachutists?
4. Who eventually took control of Easy Company after Winters' promotion in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
5. Where did German tanks and patrol units surround Easy Company in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conditions of the men fighting in Bastogne in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944." How were the injured treated?
2. How did Winters deal with the conflict with Sobel in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
3. What led to Ronald C. Spiers taking command of Easy Company in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
4. How did the attitude of the men of Easy Company change in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
5. What acknowledgments did Winters receive for his achievements in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
6. What did the intelligence briefing indicate as the German weakness in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"? How did this affect planning?
7. What examples of brotherhood are seen in the battle at Carentan in Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"?
8. Who participated in the attack at Noville? Where was Easy Company ordered next?
9. What happened once Easy Company had reached Neunen in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
10. Where did the men of Easy Company return in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"? What were they greeted with there?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)