|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Easy Company entrenched itself, in what style, on an area nicknamed the Island in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
(a) Civil War style.
(b) WWI style.
(c) Mexican war style.
(d) French-Indian war style.
2. The incident of a German attack by torpedoes on the training regiments in England in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944" was covered up by the military for how many years?
3. What did Lieutenant Winters and ten other men receive at the end of Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"?
(a) The Silver Star.
(b) The Gold Star.
(c) The Medal of Honor.
(d) The Distinguished Service Cross citation.
4. What percentage of Easy Company's regiment completed the first jump in parachute training?
5. How many divisions were set to do a daytime drop in the risky operation Easy Company was assigned to in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the rally point for American forces coming from both Utah Beach and Omaha Beach in the D-Day invasion?
2. Who did Winters quickly find after landing in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
3. Who in the narrative stands out as the protagonist?
4. German tanks eradicated Easy Company's supporting what in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
5. After how much time in parachute training did the Easy Company make their first jump?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the journey overseas in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944." Where did Easy Company travel?
2. Where did Easy Company undergo parachute training? What was training like?
3. How is Easy Company described in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"? Where did they undergo training?
4. What relationship between Winters and Sobel is established in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
5. What happened to Winters during the D-Day landing? Who did he find after landing in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
6. Who assisted Winters in taking out three German guns in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
7. How was the morale of the Easy Company n the end of Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"? What held them together?
8. What was the self esteem of Easy Company members like after completing parachute training? How did they interact with other soldiers?
9. Who was the commanding officer of Easy Company in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"? How was he viewed by his men?
10. How did Market-Garden impact the morale of Easy Company?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)