|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Easy Company's regiment move in March, 1943?
(a) Camp Mackall.
(b) Camp Pendleton.
(c) Camp Lucas.
(d) Camp Tenaya.
2. What introduction from the British was meant to separate from the leg and fall where the paratrooper would land?
(a) Leg bags.
(b) Waist belts.
(c) Crotch huggers.
(d) Calf bands.
3. Who did the company officers consult with about their ultimatum in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944" who suggested they step down?
(a) Dick Winters.
(b) Henry Jones.
(c) Maxwell Davenport Taylor.
(d) Salve H. Matheson.
4. What caused the planes' V-formation to break off during the flight in on D-Day?
(b) Flocks of birds.
(c) Hail storms.
(d) Cloud banks.
5. What were the men treated to before shipping out on July 4, 1944?
(a) An exceptional meal.
(b) Letters from home.
Short Answer Questions
1. The objective of Market-Garden was to take control of what?
2. When Winters was promoted in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944" it had been how long since his previous promotion?
3. German tanks eradicated Easy Company's supporting what in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
4. Captain Sobel was transferred to head a new what in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
5. Who led the final assault on the third and final German gun in the battery in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who responded to the attack orders in the Carentan operation? What took place?
2. What acknowledgments did Winters receive for his achievements in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
3. How did the attitude of the men of Easy Company change in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
4. What relationship between Winters and Sobel is established in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
5. How did the battle at Carentan affect Easy Company's morale?
6. How did the men fight back against Sobel in Chapter Two, "Stand Up and Hook Up: Benning, Mackall, Bragg, Shanks: December 1942-September 1943"?
7. What did Winters and his men discover outside of the camp in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
8. Where did Easy Company undergo parachute training? What was training like?
9. What did the intelligence briefing indicate as the German weakness in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"? How did this affect planning?
10. What was the objective in Operation Market-Garden? How did the mission begin?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)