|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the company officers consult with about their ultimatum in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944" who suggested they step down?
(a) Salve H. Matheson.
(b) Henry Jones.
(c) Dick Winters.
(d) Maxwell Davenport Taylor.
2. What did Lieutenant Winters and ten other men receive at the end of Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"?
(a) The Gold Star.
(b) The Medal of Honor.
(c) The Distinguished Service Cross citation.
(d) The Silver Star.
3. What refers to a small pit, usually for one or two soldiers, dug as a shelter in a battle area?
(a) Wolf den.
(b) Rat nest.
(d) Bear den.
4. Who led the frontal assault while the machine gunners provided support on the German machine guns in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(a) Dick Winters.
(b) Oliver M. Horton.
(c) Robert L. Strayer
(d) Clarence Hester.
5. What refers to the material fired, scattered, dropped, or detonated from any weapon, as bombs or rockets, and especially shot, shrapnel, bullets, or shells fired by guns?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who returned to Easy Company hoping for more action and sought revenge for Americans killed by German troops in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
2. In Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944," American troops marched south, to a village called what?
3. The men who completed five successful jumps in parachute training received a certificate and what to denote them certified parachutists?
4. What percentage of Easy Company's regiment completed the first jump in parachute training?
5. In what state was the camp located where the Easy Company moved in March, 1943?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the battle at Carentan affect Easy Company's morale?
2. What did the soldiers find in the German people in Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945"?
3. Where did the men of Easy Company return in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"? What were they greeted with there?
4. How did the men fight back against Sobel in Chapter Two, "Stand Up and Hook Up: Benning, Mackall, Bragg, Shanks: December 1942-September 1943"?
5. What was the experience like for the men while staying in Berchtesgaden? What did they find in the rural people?
6. How did Winters deal with the conflict with Sobel in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
7. How did the attitude of the men of Easy Company change in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
8. What training took place in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"? What was it like?
9. How did the men of Easy Company's morale change after Spiers took command in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
10. Who responded to the attack orders in the Carentan operation? What took place?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)