|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tanks arrived at Easy Company's location after the successful invasion on D-Day?
(a) British Valentines.
(b) Italian Semoventes.
(c) American Sherman tanks.
(d) British Vickers.
2. The incident of a German attack by torpedoes on the training regiments in England in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944" was covered up by the military for how many years?
3. Who in the narrative stands out as the protagonist?
(a) Henry Jones.
(b) Herbert Sobel.
(c) Dick Winters.
(d) JB Stokes.
4. How many Germans comprised the companies which were pushed back in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
5. Where did Easy Company board a train for in May, 1943?
(a) Springfield, Illinois.
(b) Springfield, Missouri.
(c) Athens, Georgia.
(d) Sturgis, Kentucky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the 2nd Battalion of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment of the 4th Brigade combat team of the 101st Airborne Division?
2. What introduction from the British was meant to separate from the leg and fall where the paratrooper would land?
3. What was Winters promoted to in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
4. What marked the date that the 506th parachute infantry regiment officially joined the 101st Airborne Division?
5. What did the Americans secure with the assistance of tanks in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the ultimate failure in Market-Garden? How did the men perform?
2. What were the exercises of Easy Company like in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
3. Where was Easy Company ordered to lead a battalion in Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"? What resistance did they meet?
4. What happened after the men of Easy Company were given spaghetti in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
5. How did the attitudes of the men of Easy Company change in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
6. Describe the problems which took place in Easy Company's jump on D-Day. How did the leg bags work? Where did the troops land?
7. How did Winters deal with the conflict with Sobel in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
8. What happened once Easy Company had reached Neunen in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
9. How did the men fight back against Sobel in Chapter Two, "Stand Up and Hook Up: Benning, Mackall, Bragg, Shanks: December 1942-September 1943"?
10. What relationship between Winters and Sobel is established in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)