|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the battle at Carentan, supporting troops from Fox Company and what company fell back from the front lines?
(a) Dog Company.
(b) Cat Company.
(c) Walrus Company.
(d) Turtle Company.
2. Who took over as Commanding Officer of Easy Company after their current commander was shot in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
(a) First Lieutenant Raymond G. Schmitz.
(b) First Lieutenant Robert B. Brewer.
(c) First Lieutenant Norman S. Dike, Jr.
(d) First Lieutenant Roy Paul Gates.
3. What were the men treated to before shipping out on July 4, 1944?
(a) Letters from home.
(b) An exceptional meal.
4. The objective of Market-Garden was to take control of what?
(a) Airports and bus stations.
(b) Runways and towers.
(c) Peaks and valleys.
(d) Roads and bridges.
5. Who did Winters quickly find after landing in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(a) Sergeant Lipton.
(b) Corporal Dukeman
(c) Sergeant Strohl.
(d) First Lieutenant Pisancin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944," commanding officers ordered the battalion to eliminate the German troops that located where?
2. The men who completed five successful jumps in parachute training received a certificate and what to denote them certified parachutists?
3. What refers to a court consisting of military or naval personnel appointed by a commander to try charges of offenses by soldiers or sailors against military or naval law?
4. What did Winters lose when he landed in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
5. Who did the company officers consult with about their ultimatum in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944" who suggested they step down?
Short Essay Questions
1. What relationship between Winters and Sobel is established in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
2. Who was the commanding officer of Easy Company in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"? How was he viewed by his men?
3. Where was Easy Company ordered to lead a battalion in Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"? What resistance did they meet?
4. How did Market-Garden impact the morale of Easy Company?
5. How was the morale of the Easy Company n the end of Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"? What held them together?
6. What happened to Winters during the D-Day landing? Who did he find after landing in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
7. Describe the problems which took place in Easy Company's jump on D-Day. How did the leg bags work? Where did the troops land?
8. What training took place in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"? What was it like?
9. What was the self esteem of Easy Company members like after completing parachute training? How did they interact with other soldiers?
10. What theme is prominent in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"? How is this exemplified in the men of Easy Company?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)