|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term means to surrender unconditionally or on stipulated terms?
(a) Wave the flag.
2. In Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944," after securing Ste. Marie-du-Mont, the military ordered Easy Company to lead the battalion through where?
3. Easy Company relieved troops near what area that was being held by an entire division in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
4. The men who completed five successful jumps in parachute training received a certificate and what to denote them certified parachutists?
(a) Ruby watches.
(b) Gold stars.
(c) Bronze wings.
(d) Silver wings.
5. What was the name of the risky and vital operation Easy Company was assigned to in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the German troops change their target to when they had Easy Company surrounded in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
2. In Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942" the author writes that never before had troops endured basic training at the same time as what training?
3. What refers to a small pit, usually for one or two soldiers, dug as a shelter in a battle area?
4. How many Germans comprised the companies which were pushed back in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
5. What village were Easy Company ordered to defend in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Winters deal with the conflict with Sobel in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
2. Who was the commanding officer of Easy Company in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"? How was he viewed by his men?
3. Why were the scheduled parachute drops in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944" canceled?
4. What practice mission did the mission Easy Company undertake in preparation for D-Day? What backfired?
5. How did the battle at Carentan affect Easy Company's morale?
6. What happened once Easy Company had reached Neunen in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
7. Where did Easy Company undergo parachute training? What was training like?
8. How did the men fight back against Sobel in Chapter Two, "Stand Up and Hook Up: Benning, Mackall, Bragg, Shanks: December 1942-September 1943"?
9. Describe the problems which took place in Easy Company's jump on D-Day. How did the leg bags work? Where did the troops land?
10. What did the intelligence briefing indicate as the German weakness in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"? How did this affect planning?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)