|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The incident of a German attack by torpedoes on the training regiments in England in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944" was covered up by the military for how many years?
2. Who led the final assault on the third and final German gun in the battery in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(a) Captain Salve H. Matheson.
(b) First Lieutenant Henry Jones.
(c) Lieutenant Ronald Speirs.
(d) Brigadier General Anthony Clement McAuliffe.
3. Who was the 2nd Lieutenant of the Easy Company in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
(a) Dick Winters.
(b) George Lavenson.
(c) Robert Rousch.
(d) John E. Pisancin.
4. One of the incompetent officers who attempted to take command of Easy Company was suspected of doing what so he could be evacuated in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
(a) Cutting off his toe.
(b) Shooting his hand.
(c) Stabbing his eye.
(d) Slapping a fellow officer.
5. What ultimatum did the company officers give Major Strayer in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Alrbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
(a) They would quit if Sobel wasn't replaced.
(b) They would quit if Horton wasn't replaced.
(c) They would quit if Winters wasn't replaced.
(d) They would quit if Hester wasn't replaced.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944," after securing Ste. Marie-du-Mont, the military ordered Easy Company to lead the battalion through where?
2. Who did Winters quickly find after landing in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
3. Easy Company was involved with a mission to take what beach on D-Day?
4. The men of Easy Company were rewarded after D-Day in England with new gear, pay and what?
5. Where did the ship with Easy Company arrive in September, 1943?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the attitude of the men of Easy Company change in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
2. What did the intelligence briefing indicate as the German weakness in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"? How did this affect planning?
3. Discuss the morale of Easy Company in Chapter Two, "Stand Up and Hook Up: Benning, Mackall, Bragg, Shanks: December 1942-September 1943." What did the men think of parachute training?
4. What was the self esteem of Easy Company members like after completing parachute training? How did they interact with other soldiers?
5. What did the soldiers find in the German people in Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945"?
6. What was the feeling of the men toward Captain Speirs in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
7. What happened once Easy Company had reached Neunen in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
8. What training took place in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"? What was it like?
9. What led to Ronald C. Spiers taking command of Easy Company in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
10. What was the experience like at Rachamps in Chapter Thirteen, "Attack: Noville: January 14-17, 1945"?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)