|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Easy Company complete basic training?
(a) October, 1942.
(b) March, 1943.
(c) November, 1942.
(d) January, 1943.
2. The plane carrying who was hit with bullets and exploded during its landing attempt in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944"?
(a) First Lieutenant Frederick Theodore Heyliger.
(b) Captain Herbert M. Sobel.
(c) Captain Ronald C. Speirs.
(d) C.O. Thomas Meehan.
3. Easy Company was assigned to a risky and vital operation where in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
4. Where did the ship with Easy Company arrive in September, 1943?
(a) Liverpool, England.
(b) Blackpool, England.
(c) Bristol, England.
(d) Newcastle, England.
5. What soldier was sent home when the military realized that all three of his brothers were killed in action in Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"?
(a) Robert Burr Smith.
(b) Walter L. Hendrix.
(c) Fritz Niland.
(d) Earl Ervin McClung.
Short Answer Questions
1. Easy Company relieved troops near what area that was being held by an entire division in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
2. What marked the date that the 506th parachute infantry regiment officially joined the 101st Airborne Division?
3. In Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944," Easy Company moved to reserve status and was tasked with what?
4. How many British tanks supported Easy Company on their advance through Veghel in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
5. Captain Sobel was transferred to head a new what in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the men of Easy Company's morale change after Spiers took command in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
2. How did the attitude of the men of Easy Company change in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
3. Describe the problems which took place in Easy Company's jump on D-Day. How did the leg bags work? Where did the troops land?
4. Where did Easy Company undergo parachute training? What was training like?
5. What happened after the men of Easy Company were given spaghetti in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
6. What was the feeling of the men toward Captain Speirs in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
7. How was the morale of the Easy Company n the end of Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"? What held them together?
8. Where was Easy Company ordered to lead a battalion in Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"? What resistance did they meet?
9. What does the author credit to the success of the company after the war in Chapter Nineteen, "Postwar Careers: 1945-1991"?
10. Who responded to the attack orders in the Carentan operation? What took place?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)