|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944," commanding officers ordered the battalion to eliminate the German troops that located where?
(a) Northeast of Veghel.
(b) South of Veghel.
(c) Southwest of Veghel.
(d) North of Veghel.
2. After securing Carentan and a brief respite and tending to the wounded, the men prepared for what in Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"?
(a) German counterattack.
(b) Italian air strike.
(c) Italian counterattack.
(d) Polish ground attack.
3. What tanks arrived at Easy Company's location after the successful invasion on D-Day?
(a) British Valentines.
(b) British Vickers.
(c) American Sherman tanks.
(d) Italian Semoventes.
4. What introduction from the British was meant to separate from the leg and fall where the paratrooper would land?
(a) Leg bags.
(b) Calf bands.
(c) Crotch huggers.
(d) Waist belts.
5. What plane did the men of Easy Company first jump from in parachute training?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the risky and vital operation Easy Company was assigned to in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
2. In Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942" the author writes that never before had troops endured basic training at the same time as what training?
3. Who was promoted to 1st lieutenant in the first few weeks of basic training in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
4. What did the Americans secure with the assistance of tanks in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
5. What did the pilots do when coming under attack over the drop zone in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the self esteem of Easy Company members like after completing parachute training? How did they interact with other soldiers?
2. Who assisted Winters in taking out three German guns in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
3. How did the attitudes of the men of Easy Company change in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
4. What took place during the actual drop of Easy Company in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"? Whose plane was hit?
5. What acknowledgments did Winters receive for his achievements in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
6. What was the objective in Operation Market-Garden? How did the mission begin?
7. How did the men fight back against Sobel in Chapter Two, "Stand Up and Hook Up: Benning, Mackall, Bragg, Shanks: December 1942-September 1943"?
8. What happened to Winters during the D-Day landing? Who did he find after landing in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
9. What practice mission did the mission Easy Company undertake in preparation for D-Day? What backfired?
10. Where were the men of Easy Company fighting in the beginning of Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)