|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the American troops refer to the major road which the Germans were intent to cut off near Neunen in the Market-Garden operation?
(a) The Highway of Lost Souls.
(b) The Great Highway.
(c) Pacific Coast Highway.
(d) Hell's Highway.
2. The men who completed five successful jumps in parachute training received a certificate and what to denote them certified parachutists?
(a) Gold stars.
(b) Ruby watches.
(c) Silver wings.
(d) Bronze wings.
3. The Easy Company entrenched itself, in what style, on an area nicknamed the Island in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
(a) French-Indian war style.
(b) Civil War style.
(c) WWI style.
(d) Mexican war style.
4. Who replaced Sobel as C.O. of Easy Company in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
(a) First Lieutenant Frederick Theodore Heyliger.
(b) First Lieutenant Norman Staunton Dike, Jr.
(c) First Lieutenant Robert B. Brewer.
(d) Lieutenant Thomas Meehan.
5. When did the Easy Company complete basic training?
(a) March, 1943.
(b) October, 1942.
(c) November, 1942.
(d) January, 1943.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Winters bring to training maneuvers against military regulation in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
2. How many divisions were set to do a daytime drop in the risky operation Easy Company was assigned to in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
3. Where did the men of Easy Company return after being released from Carentan?
4. In Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944," Easy Company had a brief reprieve from fighting with a full night of rest before being sent to defend Carentan from what direction?
5. What marked the date that the 506th parachute infantry regiment officially joined the 101st Airborne Division?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where were the men of Easy Company fighting in the beginning of Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
2. What was the self esteem of Easy Company members like after completing parachute training? How did they interact with other soldiers?
3. What training took place in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"? What was it like?
4. Who was the commanding officer of Easy Company in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"? How was he viewed by his men?
5. How did the men fight back against Sobel in Chapter Two, "Stand Up and Hook Up: Benning, Mackall, Bragg, Shanks: December 1942-September 1943"?
6. Who assisted Winters in taking out three German guns in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
7. What was the ultimate failure in Market-Garden? How did the men perform?
8. Where did Easy Company undergo parachute training? What was training like?
9. Who responded to the attack orders in the Carentan operation? What took place?
10. Where was Easy Company ordered to lead a battalion in Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"? What resistance did they meet?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)