|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of Easy Company's regiment completed the first jump in parachute training?
2. Where did Easy Company board a train for in May, 1943?
(a) Springfield, Illinois.
(b) Athens, Georgia.
(c) Sturgis, Kentucky.
(d) Springfield, Missouri.
3. What ultimatum did the company officers give Major Strayer in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Alrbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
(a) They would quit if Winters wasn't replaced.
(b) They would quit if Hester wasn't replaced.
(c) They would quit if Horton wasn't replaced.
(d) They would quit if Sobel wasn't replaced.
4. Captain Sobel was transferred to head a new what in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
(a) Marksmanship school.
(b) Grammar school.
(c) Parachute school.
(d) Diving school.
5. At the end of October, 1943, Sobel assigned Winters to what inspection duty?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lieutenant Winters and ten other men receive at the end of Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"?
2. What did the American troops refer to the major road which the Germans were intent to cut off near Neunen in the Market-Garden operation?
3. Who replaced Sobel as C.O. of Easy Company in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
4. What was the name of the 2nd Battalion of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment of the 4th Brigade combat team of the 101st Airborne Division?
5. What refers to a court consisting of military or naval personnel appointed by a commander to try charges of offenses by soldiers or sailors against military or naval law?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author credit to the success of the company after the war in Chapter Nineteen, "Postwar Careers: 1945-1991"?
2. How did the attitude of the men of Easy Company change in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
3. What relationship between Winters and Sobel is established in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
4. How did Market-Garden impact the morale of Easy Company?
5. Where was Easy Company ordered to lead a battalion in Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"? What resistance did they meet?
6. What were the exercises of Easy Company like in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
7. What was the experience like for the men while staying in Berchtesgaden? What did they find in the rural people?
8. Who was the commanding officer of Easy Company in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"? How was he viewed by his men?
9. What changes were taking place amongst Easy Company in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"? How was morale?
10. Why were the scheduled parachute drops in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944" canceled?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)