|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The platoon of how many men pushed back two companies of Germans in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
2. How many British tanks supported Easy Company on their advance through Veghel in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
3. German tanks eradicated Easy Company's supporting what in Chapter Eight, "Hell's Highway; Holland: October 2-November 25, 1944"?
(a) British tanks.
(b) Canadian horses.
(c) American tanks.
(d) American planes.
4. What caused the planes' V-formation to break off during the flight in on D-Day?
(b) Hail storms.
(c) Cloud banks.
(d) Flocks of birds.
5. Where did Easy Company's regiment move in March, 1943?
(a) Camp Mackall.
(b) Camp Pendleton.
(c) Camp Tenaya.
(d) Camp Lucas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the material fired, scattered, dropped, or detonated from any weapon, as bombs or rockets, and especially shot, shrapnel, bullets, or shells fired by guns?
2. What term means to surrender unconditionally or on stipulated terms?
3. What were the men treated to before shipping out on July 4, 1944?
4. In what state was the camp located where the Easy Company moved in March, 1943?
5. The plane carrying who was hit with bullets and exploded during its landing attempt in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Winters and his men discover outside of the camp in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
2. What were the exercises of Easy Company like in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
3. How is Easy Company described in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"? Where did they undergo training?
4. What acknowledgments did Winters receive for his achievements in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
5. What happened after the men of Easy Company were given spaghetti in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
6. How did Market-Garden impact the morale of Easy Company?
7. What training took place in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"? What was it like?
8. How did the attitude of the men of Easy Company change in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
9. Where was Easy Company ordered to lead a battalion in Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"? What resistance did they meet?
10. What happened to Winters during the D-Day landing? Who did he find after landing in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)