|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gathered information about a possible Nazi slave labor camp leader hiding in the mountains in Chapter Eighteen, "The Soldier's Dream Life: Austria: May 8-July 31, 1945"?
(a) Major Hester.
(b) Sergeant Alley.
(c) Captain Speirs.
(d) Sergeant Grant.
2. Easy Company had to travel across the river in how many boats at night in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
3. Berchtesgaden was a village populated with whom?
(a) Poor Jews.
(b) Beautiful women.
(c) High-ranking Nazis.
(d) The elderly.
4. Where did the American soldiers sleep during battle in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
(a) Fox holes.
(d) Fortified bunkers.
5. The Army enforced a strict _________ policy between the soldiers and German people Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945".
(b) English only.
(c) Don't ask don't tell.
6. Where was Easy Company trucked to through snow in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
7. The Army deactivated Easy Company on what date?
(a) November 30, 1945.
(b) January 5, 1946.
(c) August 11, 1945.
(d) November 31, 1945.
8. Who did Winters order to take command of Easy Company after Dike stopped the line of advance in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
(a) 1st Lieutenant Ronald C. Speirs.
(b) Lieutenant Buck Compton.
(c) Lieutenant Clifford Carwood Lipton.
(d) Lieutenant Robert B. Brewer.
9. Easy Company liberated the people of what in Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945"?
(a) The British Army.
(b) A prison.
(c) The German Army.
(d) A Displaced Persons' camp.
10. When was Easy Company ordered to defend Bastogne?
(a) April, 1944.
(b) December, 1944.
(c) October, 1943.
(d) November, 1944.
11. Who was demoted from regimental to battalion staff due to his excessive drinking in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
(a) Captain Salve Matheson.
(b) Captain Lewis Nixon.
(c) Captain Herbert Sobel.
(d) Major Oliver Horton.
12. Where is Noville located?
13. What did many of the soldiers do while on leave to relieve stress?
14. The Siege of Bastogne lasted from December 20 to when?
(a) January 10.
(b) January 1.
(c) January 2.
(d) December 27.
15. Where did many of the men obtain weekend passes to visit in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was assigned 2nd Battalion C.O. Captain in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
2. Bastogne is a town in what country?
3. Who gave the command for Easy Company's advance in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
4. With the Bastogne siege over, the men of Easy Company prepared to attack and take what nearby village?
5. Who ordered Easy Company north after their success in Noville?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)