|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the American troops arrive with dirty uniforms and unshaven faces in Chapter Eighteen, "The Soldier's Dream Life: Austria: May 8-July 31, 1945"?
(a) Zell am See.
2. Who did Winters order to take command of Easy Company after Dike stopped the line of advance in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
(a) 1st Lieutenant Ronald C. Speirs.
(b) Lieutenant Robert B. Brewer.
(c) Lieutenant Clifford Carwood Lipton.
(d) Lieutenant Buck Compton.
3. Where did Easy Company go to rest in France after leaving Holland in November, 1944?
(a) Camp Marmot.
(b) Camp Mourmelon.
(c) Camp Mullien.
(d) Camp Mulberry.
4. What did most of the Germans do when the American troops reached the village north of Noville in Chapter Thirteen, "Attack: Noville: January 14-17, 1945"?
(a) Fired on them.
(b) Begged for mercy.
(d) Commited suicide.
5. What refers to a medical condition caused by prolonged exposure of the feet to damp, unsanitary and cold conditions?
(a) Rubbish boot.
(b) Trench foot.
(c) Swamp foot.
(d) Garbage toe.
6. Where was the Easy Company ordered to go after its success in Noville?
7. Where was Easy Company trucked to through snow in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
8. The goal of the German offensive in the Battle of Bastogne was the harbor located where?
9. When did the division hold a parade that top Army leaders, including General Eisenhower, attended?
(a) May, 1945.
(b) May, 1946.
(c) March, 1945.
(d) June, 1946.
10. Who did Major Winters encounter on one occasion after his promotion and stopped to make him salute him in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
(a) Captain Nixon.
(b) Captain Speirs.
(c) General Patton.
(d) Captain Sobel.
11. Who was the friend and alcohol connoisseur who shared in the findings of Hitler's liquor and wine cellar in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
(a) Captain Sobel.
(b) Captain Speirs.
(c) Captain Nixon.
(d) Major Winters.
12. The military set up a ring of defense around the city of Bastogne and Easy Company's position was in a woody area across from what?
(a) A bridge.
(b) A field.
(c) A canyon.
(d) A river.
13. The Army deactivated Easy Company on what date?
(a) August 11, 1945.
(b) November 30, 1945.
(c) January 5, 1946.
(d) November 31, 1945.
14. Easy Company had to travel across the river in how many boats at night in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
15. What is an indirect fire weapon that fires shells at low velocities, short ranges, and high-arcing ballistic trajectories?
(d) Rocket launcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were American soldiers on the front lines doing in Bastogne in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"?
2. The Siege of Bastogne lasted from December 20 to when?
3. When was Easy Company ordered to defend Bastogne?
4. Where in France is Mourmelon located?
5. What holiday had the men of Easy Company been looking forward to before being ordered to Bastogne?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)