|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did most of the Germans do when the American troops reached the village north of Noville in Chapter Thirteen, "Attack: Noville: January 14-17, 1945"?
(a) Commited suicide.
(b) Fired on them.
(c) Begged for mercy.
2. Where was Easy Company trucked to through snow in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
3. How many prisoners did Easy Company secure across the river in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
4. Back in Mourmelon, the Easy Company showered for the first time in how long in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 18 days.
(c) 72 hours.
(d) 10 weeks.
5. Where did Easy Company go to rest in France after leaving Holland in November, 1944?
(a) Camp Marmot.
(b) Camp Mourmelon.
(c) Camp Mulberry.
(d) Camp Mullien.
6. Where did Easy Company travel after Germany surrendered to Allied forces?
7. What soldier from Easy Company was lost in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945" from a grenade fragment in his skull?
(a) Private Miller.
(b) Private Jackson.
(c) Private Ramirez.
(d) Private Metzler.
8. Bastogne is located along what mountain range?
(d) Sierra Nevada.
9. The Army deactivated Easy Company on what date?
(a) August 11, 1945.
(b) November 30, 1945.
(c) November 31, 1945.
(d) January 5, 1946.
10. Who ordered Winters to send a patrol across the river and behind German lines to procure prisoners for interrogation in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
(a) General Patton.
(b) General Taylor.
(c) Captain Nixon.
(d) Captain Sobel.
11. Who gathered information about a possible Nazi slave labor camp leader hiding in the mountains in Chapter Eighteen, "The Soldier's Dream Life: Austria: May 8-July 31, 1945"?
(a) Captain Speirs.
(b) Sergeant Alley.
(c) Major Hester.
(d) Sergeant Grant.
12. Who, when confronted with a written request from German General Luttwitz for surrender of Bastogne, replied "NUTS!"?
(a) General Jackson.
(b) General Taylor.
(c) General McAuliffe.
(d) General Patton.
13. What Normandy and Holland veteran broke under the pressure of seeing two of his closest friends seriously injured by heavy artillery at Bastogne in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
(a) Lieutenant Thomas A. Peacock.
(b) Lieutenant Ronald C. Speirs.
(c) Lieutenant Buck Compton.
(d) Lieutenant Robert Rousch.
14. The goal of the German offensive in the Battle of Bastogne was the harbor located where?
15. Who did Winters order to take command of Easy Company after Dike stopped the line of advance in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
(a) Lieutenant Clifford Carwood Lipton.
(b) Lieutenant Buck Compton.
(c) Lieutenant Robert B. Brewer.
(d) 1st Lieutenant Ronald C. Speirs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who participated in the attack on Noville?
2. Points were awarded based on amount of time in active duty, whether the soldier was married, and what?
3. Easy Company had to travel across the river in how many boats at night in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
4. In April, 1945, how many German soldiers surrendered to American forces?
5. Where was the Easy Company ordered to go after its success in Noville?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)