|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did most of the Germans do when the American troops reached the village north of Noville in Chapter Thirteen, "Attack: Noville: January 14-17, 1945"?
(b) Commited suicide.
(c) Fired on them.
(d) Begged for mercy.
2. When was Easy Company ordered to defend Bastogne?
(a) April, 1944.
(b) November, 1944.
(c) October, 1943.
(d) December, 1944.
3. What was forbidden while the men were in battle in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
(b) Writing letters.
4. Who did Winters order to take command of Easy Company after Dike stopped the line of advance in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
(a) Lieutenant Buck Compton.
(b) Lieutenant Robert B. Brewer.
(c) 1st Lieutenant Ronald C. Speirs.
(d) Lieutenant Clifford Carwood Lipton.
5. Who was demoted from regimental to battalion staff due to his excessive drinking in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
(a) Captain Herbert Sobel.
(b) Major Oliver Horton.
(c) Captain Salve Matheson.
(d) Captain Lewis Nixon.
6. Who killed an insubordinate American soldier in Normandy, causing some disagreement about him among the troops?
(a) Captain Speirs.
(b) Captain Salve Matheson.
(c) Major Winters.
(d) Major Oliver Horton.
7. Where was the Easy Company ordered to go after its success in Noville?
8. How many of Easy Company's boats made it across the river in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
9. What Normandy and Holland veteran broke under the pressure of seeing two of his closest friends seriously injured by heavy artillery at Bastogne in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
(a) Lieutenant Buck Compton.
(b) Lieutenant Robert Rousch.
(c) Lieutenant Thomas A. Peacock.
(d) Lieutenant Ronald C. Speirs.
10. Bastogne is located along what mountain range?
(a) Sierra Nevada.
11. The Army enforced a strict _________ policy between the soldiers and German people Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945".
(a) Don't ask don't tell.
(b) English only.
12. In Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944," German troops surrounded the ring of soldiers protecting Bastogne, making what impossible?
(b) Evacuating the injured.
(c) Getting out alive.
13. Where did many of the men obtain weekend passes to visit in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"?
14. Where in France is Mourmelon located?
(d) South central.
15. Who participated in the attack on Noville?
(a) First an 3rd Battalion.
(b) First and 2nd Battalion.
(c) First Battalion.
(d) Second Battalion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Easy Company trucked to through snow in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
2. What holiday had the men of Easy Company been looking forward to before being ordered to Bastogne?
3. Where did the American troops arrive with dirty uniforms and unshaven faces in Chapter Eighteen, "The Soldier's Dream Life: Austria: May 8-July 31, 1945"?
4. What were American soldiers on the front lines doing in Bastogne in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"?
5. Who was shot in the neck by a German soldier and paralyzed when the opposing line attempted to break through in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)