|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did many of the men obtain weekend passes to visit in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"?
2. Who ordered Winters to send a patrol across the river and behind German lines to procure prisoners for interrogation in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
(a) Captain Sobel.
(b) General Taylor.
(c) Captain Nixon.
(d) General Patton.
3. What did the Army occupy in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
(d) Lavish Nazi homes.
4. The day after Christmas in 1944, whose battalion broke through the German lines, providing much-needed food, supplies and support?
(a) General Smith's.
(b) General Patton's.
(c) General McAuliffe's.
(d) General Taylor's.
5. Who killed an insubordinate American soldier in Normandy, causing some disagreement about him among the troops?
(a) Major Winters.
(b) Major Oliver Horton.
(c) Captain Salve Matheson.
(d) Captain Speirs.
6. What refers to a medical condition caused by prolonged exposure of the feet to damp, unsanitary and cold conditions?
(a) Swamp foot.
(b) Rubbish boot.
(c) Garbage toe.
(d) Trench foot.
7. Where was the Easy Company ordered to go after its success in Noville?
8. Who did Winters order to take command of Easy Company after Dike stopped the line of advance in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
(a) Lieutenant Buck Compton.
(b) Lieutenant Clifford Carwood Lipton.
(c) Lieutenant Robert B. Brewer.
(d) 1st Lieutenant Ronald C. Speirs.
9. Easy Company and the 101st marched toward the fight and dug in to defend Bastogne with no artillery or what?
(b) Air support.
(c) Land mines.
10. Who gathered information about a possible Nazi slave labor camp leader hiding in the mountains in Chapter Eighteen, "The Soldier's Dream Life: Austria: May 8-July 31, 1945"?
(a) Captain Speirs.
(b) Sergeant Grant.
(c) Major Hester.
(d) Sergeant Alley.
11. What were American soldiers on the front lines doing in Bastogne in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"?
(c) Running away.
12. The Army enforced a strict _________ policy between the soldiers and German people Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945".
(b) English only.
(d) Don't ask don't tell.
13. What is an indirect fire weapon that fires shells at low velocities, short ranges, and high-arcing ballistic trajectories?
(a) Rocket launcher.
14. What did many of the soldiers do while on leave to relieve stress?
15. The Army deactivated Easy Company on what date?
(a) January 5, 1946.
(b) August 11, 1945.
(c) November 30, 1945.
(d) November 31, 1945.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back in Mourmelon, the Easy Company showered for the first time in how long in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
2. The goal of the German offensive in the Battle of Bastogne was the harbor located where?
3. Where did the Easy Company sleep for the first time in months in Rachamps in Chapter Thirteen, "Attack: Noville: January 14-17, 1945"?
4. Who participated in the attack on Noville?
5. Who ordered Easy Company north after their success in Noville?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)