|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the friend and alcohol connoisseur who shared in the findings of Hitler's liquor and wine cellar in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
(a) Captain Sobel.
(b) Major Winters.
(c) Captain Speirs.
(d) Captain Nixon.
2. Who attempted to keep the men's spirits high although morale was low due to the dreadful conditions in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
(a) General McAuliffe.
(b) Colonel Sink.
(c) General Taylor.
(d) Lieutenant Strayer.
3. Where did the Easy Company sleep for the first time in months in Rachamps in Chapter Thirteen, "Attack: Noville: January 14-17, 1945"?
(a) Under the stars.
(b) In trenches.
(c) In fox holes.
(d) Inside a building.
4. In April, 1945, how many German soldiers surrendered to American forces?
5. Bastogne is a town in what country?
6. Where did Easy Company travel after Germany surrendered to Allied forces?
7. How many prisoners did Easy Company secure across the river in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
8. What did most of the Germans do when the American troops reached the village north of Noville in Chapter Thirteen, "Attack: Noville: January 14-17, 1945"?
(a) Fired on them.
(b) Begged for mercy.
(c) Commited suicide.
9. What did the Army occupy in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
(d) Lavish Nazi homes.
10. What Normandy and Holland veteran broke under the pressure of seeing two of his closest friends seriously injured by heavy artillery at Bastogne in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
(a) Lieutenant Thomas A. Peacock.
(b) Lieutenant Buck Compton.
(c) Lieutenant Ronald C. Speirs.
(d) Lieutenant Robert Rousch.
11. Who ordered Easy Company north after their success in Noville?
(a) Lieutenant Colonel Strayer.
(b) General Taylor.
(c) General McAuliffe.
(d) General Patton.
12. Where did the American troops arrive with dirty uniforms and unshaven faces in Chapter Eighteen, "The Soldier's Dream Life: Austria: May 8-July 31, 1945"?
(d) Zell am See.
13. The military set up a ring of defense around the city of Bastogne and Easy Company's position was in a woody area across from what?
(a) A river.
(b) A canyon.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A field.
14. In Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945" Easy Company traveled into Germany as an occupation force rather than what?
(a) Combative action.
(c) Enforcers of the President.
(d) Savage warriors.
15. What Easy Company's new commanding officer retreated and left the company on its own in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
(a) Lieutenant Lavenson.
(b) Lieutenant Dike.
(c) Lieutenant Compton.
(d) Lieutenant Speirs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What soldier from Easy Company was lost in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945" from a grenade fragment in his skull?
2. Points were awarded based on amount of time in active duty, whether the soldier was married, and what?
3. The Army enforced a strict _________ policy between the soldiers and German people Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945".
4. When was Easy Company ordered to defend Bastogne?
5. Who was the first to reach Eagle's Nest in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)