|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Noville located?
2. Easy Company had to travel across the river in how many boats at night in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
3. Who was the first to reach Eagle's Nest in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
(a) Easy Company.
(b) General Patton.
(c) First Battalion.
(d) Rattlesnake Battalion.
4. What did the German people in the surrounding rural areas do when they saw the American soldiers in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
(a) Hid in their homes.
(b) Cursed at them.
(c) Cheered the end of the war.
(d) Shot at them.
5. Easy Company and the 101st marched toward the fight and dug in to defend Bastogne with no artillery or what?
(c) Air support.
(d) Land mines.
6. Who was shot in the neck by a German soldier and paralyzed when the opposing line attempted to break through in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
(a) Corporal Mellet.
(b) Corporal Gordon.
(c) Corporal Hoobler.
(d) Corporal Dukeman.
7. Who did Winters order to take command of Easy Company after Dike stopped the line of advance in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
(a) 1st Lieutenant Ronald C. Speirs.
(b) Lieutenant Robert B. Brewer.
(c) Lieutenant Buck Compton.
(d) Lieutenant Clifford Carwood Lipton.
8. Where was the Easy Company ordered to go after its success in Noville?
9. With the Bastogne siege over, the men of Easy Company prepared to attack and take what nearby village?
10. Where did the American soldiers sleep during battle in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
(a) Fortified bunkers.
(d) Fox holes.
11. What Easy Company's new commanding officer retreated and left the company on its own in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
(a) Lieutenant Dike.
(b) Lieutenant Compton.
(c) Lieutenant Lavenson.
(d) Lieutenant Speirs.
12. Where did Easy Company travel after Germany surrendered to Allied forces?
13. How many prisoners did Easy Company secure across the river in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
14. Who gave the command for Easy Company's advance in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
15. Who gathered information about a possible Nazi slave labor camp leader hiding in the mountains in Chapter Eighteen, "The Soldier's Dream Life: Austria: May 8-July 31, 1945"?
(a) Sergeant Grant.
(b) Captain Speirs.
(c) Sergeant Alley.
(d) Major Hester.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Army enforced a strict _________ policy between the soldiers and German people Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945".
2. The Siege of Bastogne lasted from December 20 to when?
3. Where did Easy Company go to rest in France after leaving Holland in November, 1944?
4. Who ordered Easy Company north after their success in Noville?
5. Back in Mourmelon, the Easy Company showered for the first time in how long in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)