|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in France is Mourmelon located?
(b) South central.
2. When was Easy Company ordered to defend Bastogne?
(a) November, 1944.
(b) October, 1943.
(c) December, 1944.
(d) April, 1944.
3. Berchtesgaden was a village populated with whom?
(a) High-ranking Nazis.
(b) Beautiful women.
(c) The elderly.
(d) Poor Jews.
4. When did the division hold a parade that top Army leaders, including General Eisenhower, attended?
(a) June, 1946.
(b) May, 1945.
(c) May, 1946.
(d) March, 1945.
5. Where did the American soldiers sleep during battle in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
(a) Fox holes.
(d) Fortified bunkers.
6. The goal of the German offensive in the Battle of Bastogne was the harbor located where?
7. Who was the first to reach Eagle's Nest in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
(a) Rattlesnake Battalion.
(b) First Battalion.
(c) General Patton.
(d) Easy Company.
8. Who did Major Winters encounter on one occasion after his promotion and stopped to make him salute him in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
(a) Captain Speirs.
(b) Captain Nixon.
(c) General Patton.
(d) Captain Sobel.
9. Who gave the command for Easy Company's advance in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
10. The Army deactivated Easy Company on what date?
(a) January 5, 1946.
(b) November 31, 1945.
(c) August 11, 1945.
(d) November 30, 1945.
11. Who was shot in the neck by a German soldier and paralyzed when the opposing line attempted to break through in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
(a) Corporal Dukeman.
(b) Corporal Hoobler.
(c) Corporal Gordon.
(d) Corporal Mellet.
12. How many prisoners did Easy Company secure across the river in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
13. Where was Easy Company trucked to through snow in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
14. What did the German people in the surrounding rural areas do when they saw the American soldiers in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
(a) Cheered the end of the war.
(b) Shot at them.
(c) Cursed at them.
(d) Hid in their homes.
15. In April, 1945, how many German soldiers surrendered to American forces?
Short Answer Questions
1. Bastogne is located along what mountain range?
2. What soldier from Easy Company was lost in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945" from a grenade fragment in his skull?
3. Easy Company occupied an area on the Rhine, near where in Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945"?
4. What is an indirect fire weapon that fires shells at low velocities, short ranges, and high-arcing ballistic trajectories?
5. The military set up a ring of defense around the city of Bastogne and Easy Company's position was in a woody area across from what?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)