|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Major Winters encounter on one occasion after his promotion and stopped to make him salute him in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
(a) Captain Speirs.
(b) General Patton.
(c) Captain Sobel.
(d) Captain Nixon.
2. Who was demoted from regimental to battalion staff due to his excessive drinking in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
(a) Captain Lewis Nixon.
(b) Major Oliver Horton.
(c) Captain Salve Matheson.
(d) Captain Herbert Sobel.
3. Where was Easy Company trucked to through snow in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
4. The goal of the German offensive in the Battle of Bastogne was the harbor located where?
5. What did most of the Germans do when the American troops reached the village north of Noville in Chapter Thirteen, "Attack: Noville: January 14-17, 1945"?
(b) Fired on them.
(c) Commited suicide.
(d) Begged for mercy.
6. On December 21st, 1944, what platoon leader gathered his men for a combat patrol to collect information and secure a German prisoner for interrogation?
(a) Lieutenant Peacock.
(b) Lieutenant Stokes.
(c) Lieutenant Henry Jones.
(d) Lieutenant Pisancin.
7. When did the division hold a parade that top Army leaders, including General Eisenhower, attended?
(a) March, 1945.
(b) May, 1945.
(c) June, 1946.
(d) May, 1946.
8. Who took command after Easy Company's new commanding officer retreated and left the company on its own in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
(a) Lewis Nixon.
(b) Buck Compton.
(c) Oliver Horton.
(d) Carwood Lipton.
9. Who was shot in the neck by a German soldier and paralyzed when the opposing line attempted to break through in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
(a) Corporal Mellet.
(b) Corporal Gordon.
(c) Corporal Dukeman.
(d) Corporal Hoobler.
10. The Army deactivated Easy Company on what date?
(a) November 31, 1945.
(b) August 11, 1945.
(c) November 30, 1945.
(d) January 5, 1946.
11. What did many of the soldiers do while on leave to relieve stress?
12. With the Bastogne siege over, the men of Easy Company prepared to attack and take what nearby village?
13. Who discovered a gigantic cellar filled with liquor and wine from across the globe in Hitler's home?
(a) Captain Sobel.
(b) Captain Nixon.
(c) Major Winters.
(d) General Patton.
14. In Chapter Eighteen, "The Soldier's Dream Life: Austria: May 8-July 31, 1945" a drunken soldier shot who in the head?
(a) General Patton.
(b) Sergeant "Chuck" Grant.
(c) Major Winters.
(d) Captain Speirs.
15. In April, 1945, how many German soldiers surrendered to American forces?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were American soldiers on the front lines doing in Bastogne in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"?
2. What is an indirect fire weapon that fires shells at low velocities, short ranges, and high-arcing ballistic trajectories?
3. Who attempted to keep the men's spirits high although morale was low due to the dreadful conditions in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
4. In Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944," German troops surrounded the ring of soldiers protecting Bastogne, making what impossible?
5. What soldier from Easy Company was lost in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945" from a grenade fragment in his skull?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)