|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed an insubordinate American soldier in Normandy, causing some disagreement about him among the troops?
(a) Captain Salve Matheson.
(b) Major Oliver Horton.
(c) Captain Speirs.
(d) Major Winters.
2. Who did Winters order to take command of Easy Company after Dike stopped the line of advance in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
(a) Lieutenant Robert B. Brewer.
(b) 1st Lieutenant Ronald C. Speirs.
(c) Lieutenant Buck Compton.
(d) Lieutenant Clifford Carwood Lipton.
3. Who discovered a gigantic cellar filled with liquor and wine from across the globe in Hitler's home?
(a) Captain Nixon.
(b) Major Winters.
(c) General Patton.
(d) Captain Sobel.
4. When did the division hold a parade that top Army leaders, including General Eisenhower, attended?
(a) March, 1945.
(b) June, 1946.
(c) May, 1946.
(d) May, 1945.
5. The military set up a ring of defense around the city of Bastogne and Easy Company's position was in a woody area across from what?
(a) A river.
(b) A canyon.
(c) A field.
(d) A bridge.
6. What is an indirect fire weapon that fires shells at low velocities, short ranges, and high-arcing ballistic trajectories?
(b) Rocket launcher.
7. Easy Company liberated the people of what in Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945"?
(a) A Displaced Persons' camp.
(b) A prison.
(c) The German Army.
(d) The British Army.
8. When was Easy Company ordered to defend Bastogne?
(a) December, 1944.
(b) November, 1944.
(c) October, 1943.
(d) April, 1944.
9. Where did the American soldiers sleep during battle in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
(a) Fortified bunkers.
(d) Fox holes.
10. Who took command after Easy Company's new commanding officer retreated and left the company on its own in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
(a) Buck Compton.
(b) Oliver Horton.
(c) Carwood Lipton.
(d) Lewis Nixon.
11. The Siege of Bastogne lasted from December 20 to when?
(a) January 2.
(b) December 27.
(c) January 10.
(d) January 1.
12. What holiday had the men of Easy Company been looking forward to before being ordered to Bastogne?
(a) Flag day.
(c) Fourth of July.
13. What soldier from Easy Company was lost in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945" from a grenade fragment in his skull?
(a) Private Jackson.
(b) Private Ramirez.
(c) Private Miller.
(d) Private Metzler.
14. The day after Christmas in 1944, whose battalion broke through the German lines, providing much-needed food, supplies and support?
(a) General Patton's.
(b) General Smith's.
(c) General Taylor's.
(d) General McAuliffe's.
15. Where is Noville located?
Short Answer Questions
1. Back in Mourmelon, the Easy Company showered for the first time in how long in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
2. Where did Easy Company travel after Germany surrendered to Allied forces?
3. Who gave the command for Easy Company's advance in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
4. What did the German people in the surrounding rural areas do when they saw the American soldiers in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
5. In Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945" Easy Company traveled into Germany as an occupation force rather than what?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)