|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the Easy Company ordered to go after its success in Noville?
2. Where did many of the men obtain weekend passes to visit in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"?
3. What did the Army occupy in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
(c) Lavish Nazi homes.
4. Who gave the command for Easy Company's advance in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
5. Who was the friend and alcohol connoisseur who shared in the findings of Hitler's liquor and wine cellar in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
(a) Captain Nixon.
(b) Captain Sobel.
(c) Captain Speirs.
(d) Major Winters.
6. In Chapter Eighteen, "The Soldier's Dream Life: Austria: May 8-July 31, 1945" a drunken soldier shot who in the head?
(a) Sergeant "Chuck" Grant.
(b) General Patton.
(c) Major Winters.
(d) Captain Speirs.
7. What soldier from Easy Company was lost in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945" from a grenade fragment in his skull?
(a) Private Metzler.
(b) Private Ramirez.
(c) Private Miller.
(d) Private Jackson.
8. What Easy Company's new commanding officer retreated and left the company on its own in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
(a) Lieutenant Compton.
(b) Lieutenant Lavenson.
(c) Lieutenant Dike.
(d) Lieutenant Speirs.
9. What holiday had the men of Easy Company been looking forward to before being ordered to Bastogne?
(b) Flag day.
(c) Fourth of July.
10. Bastogne is a town in what country?
11. Bastogne is located along what mountain range?
(d) Sierra Nevada.
12. Who ordered Winters to send a patrol across the river and behind German lines to procure prisoners for interrogation in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
(a) General Patton.
(b) Captain Sobel.
(c) Captain Nixon.
(d) General Taylor.
13. What did most of the Germans do when the American troops reached the village north of Noville in Chapter Thirteen, "Attack: Noville: January 14-17, 1945"?
(a) Fired on them.
(b) Begged for mercy.
(d) Commited suicide.
14. The military set up a ring of defense around the city of Bastogne and Easy Company's position was in a woody area across from what?
(a) A bridge.
(b) A river.
(c) A canyon.
(d) A field.
15. What did the German people in the surrounding rural areas do when they saw the American soldiers in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
(a) Hid in their homes.
(b) Cursed at them.
(c) Shot at them.
(d) Cheered the end of the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Army deactivated Easy Company on what date?
2. How many prisoners did Easy Company secure across the river in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
3. Where was Easy Company trucked to through snow in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
4. What did many of the soldiers do while on leave to relieve stress?
5. Where did Easy Company go to rest in France after leaving Holland in November, 1944?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)