|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the Bastogne siege over, the men of Easy Company prepared to attack and take what nearby village?
2. What did the German people in the surrounding rural areas do when they saw the American soldiers in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
(a) Shot at them.
(b) Cheered the end of the war.
(c) Cursed at them.
(d) Hid in their homes.
3. What did most of the Germans do when the American troops reached the village north of Noville in Chapter Thirteen, "Attack: Noville: January 14-17, 1945"?
(b) Begged for mercy.
(c) Commited suicide.
(d) Fired on them.
4. What was forbidden while the men were in battle in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
(b) Writing letters.
5. Easy Company liberated the people of what in Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945"?
(a) The German Army.
(b) A Displaced Persons' camp.
(c) The British Army.
(d) A prison.
6. Berchtesgaden was a village populated with whom?
(a) The elderly.
(b) High-ranking Nazis.
(c) Beautiful women.
(d) Poor Jews.
7. Who, when confronted with a written request from German General Luttwitz for surrender of Bastogne, replied "NUTS!"?
(a) General Patton.
(b) General Jackson.
(c) General McAuliffe.
(d) General Taylor.
8. Who took command after Easy Company's new commanding officer retreated and left the company on its own in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
(a) Lewis Nixon.
(b) Buck Compton.
(c) Oliver Horton.
(d) Carwood Lipton.
9. Who gave the command for Easy Company's advance in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
10. Where did the Easy Company sleep for the first time in months in Rachamps in Chapter Thirteen, "Attack: Noville: January 14-17, 1945"?
(a) Under the stars.
(b) In trenches.
(c) In fox holes.
(d) Inside a building.
11. Who ordered Winters to send a patrol across the river and behind German lines to procure prisoners for interrogation in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
(a) Captain Nixon.
(b) General Taylor.
(c) Captain Sobel.
(d) General Patton.
12. When did the division hold a parade that top Army leaders, including General Eisenhower, attended?
(a) May, 1945.
(b) March, 1945.
(c) May, 1946.
(d) June, 1946.
13. Easy Company and the 101st marched toward the fight and dug in to defend Bastogne with no artillery or what?
(a) Land mines.
(d) Air support.
14. Easy Company had to travel across the river in how many boats at night in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
15. The Siege of Bastogne lasted from December 20 to when?
(a) December 27.
(b) January 1.
(c) January 10.
(d) January 2.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday had the men of Easy Company been looking forward to before being ordered to Bastogne?
2. What were American soldiers on the front lines doing in Bastogne in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"?
3. Who was shot in the neck by a German soldier and paralyzed when the opposing line attempted to break through in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
4. Where did many of the men obtain weekend passes to visit in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"?
5. Where did the American troops arrive with dirty uniforms and unshaven faces in Chapter Eighteen, "The Soldier's Dream Life: Austria: May 8-July 31, 1945"?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)