|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did most of the Germans do when the American troops reached the village north of Noville in Chapter Thirteen, "Attack: Noville: January 14-17, 1945"?
(a) Begged for mercy.
(c) Fired on them.
(d) Commited suicide.
2. The military set up a ring of defense around the city of Bastogne and Easy Company's position was in a woody area across from what?
(a) A field.
(b) A river.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A canyon.
3. In Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944," German troops surrounded the ring of soldiers protecting Bastogne, making what impossible?
(b) Getting out alive.
(c) Evacuating the injured.
4. What did many of the soldiers do while on leave to relieve stress?
5. What Easy Company's new commanding officer retreated and left the company on its own in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
(a) Lieutenant Speirs.
(b) Lieutenant Lavenson.
(c) Lieutenant Compton.
(d) Lieutenant Dike.
6. Who discovered a gigantic cellar filled with liquor and wine from across the globe in Hitler's home?
(a) Captain Nixon.
(b) Captain Sobel.
(c) Major Winters.
(d) General Patton.
7. With the Bastogne siege over, the men of Easy Company prepared to attack and take what nearby village?
8. What soldier from Easy Company was lost in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945" from a grenade fragment in his skull?
(a) Private Miller.
(b) Private Ramirez.
(c) Private Jackson.
(d) Private Metzler.
9. Where did many of the men obtain weekend passes to visit in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"?
10. Easy Company liberated the people of what in Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945"?
(a) A prison.
(b) The British Army.
(c) A Displaced Persons' camp.
(d) The German Army.
11. When did the division hold a parade that top Army leaders, including General Eisenhower, attended?
(a) June, 1946.
(b) May, 1945.
(c) May, 1946.
(d) March, 1945.
12. Where did the American soldiers sleep during battle in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
(a) Fox holes.
(c) Fortified bunkers.
13. What was the name of Hitler's mountain retreat?
(a) The Monkey Tree.
(b) The Wolf's Den.
(c) Eagle's Nest.
(d) Mount Adolph.
14. Who, when confronted with a written request from German General Luttwitz for surrender of Bastogne, replied "NUTS!"?
(a) General Jackson.
(b) General McAuliffe.
(c) General Patton.
(d) General Taylor.
15. In April, 1945, how many German soldiers surrendered to American forces?
Short Answer Questions
1. The day after Christmas in 1944, whose battalion broke through the German lines, providing much-needed food, supplies and support?
2. What did the Army occupy in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
3. Where did the Easy Company sleep for the first time in months in Rachamps in Chapter Thirteen, "Attack: Noville: January 14-17, 1945"?
4. On December 21st, 1944, what platoon leader gathered his men for a combat patrol to collect information and secure a German prisoner for interrogation?
5. Berchtesgaden was a village populated with whom?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)