|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945" Easy Company traveled into Germany as an occupation force rather than what?
(b) Savage warriors.
(c) Enforcers of the President.
(d) Combative action.
2. What were American soldiers on the front lines doing in Bastogne in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"?
(c) Running away.
3. What holiday had the men of Easy Company been looking forward to before being ordered to Bastogne?
(a) Fourth of July.
(c) Flag day.
4. Easy Company liberated the people of what in Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945"?
(a) A prison.
(b) The British Army.
(c) A Displaced Persons' camp.
(d) The German Army.
5. Bastogne is a town in what country?
6. Where did the Easy Company sleep for the first time in months in Rachamps in Chapter Thirteen, "Attack: Noville: January 14-17, 1945"?
(a) Inside a building.
(b) In trenches.
(c) In fox holes.
(d) Under the stars.
7. Where is Noville located?
8. Berchtesgaden was a village populated with whom?
(a) The elderly.
(b) Poor Jews.
(c) Beautiful women.
(d) High-ranking Nazis.
9. What did many of the soldiers do while on leave to relieve stress?
10. Who ordered Easy Company north after their success in Noville?
(a) General McAuliffe.
(b) General Taylor.
(c) Lieutenant Colonel Strayer.
(d) General Patton.
11. The military set up a ring of defense around the city of Bastogne and Easy Company's position was in a woody area across from what?
(a) A bridge.
(b) A river.
(c) A canyon.
(d) A field.
12. Who discovered a gigantic cellar filled with liquor and wine from across the globe in Hitler's home?
(a) General Patton.
(b) Captain Sobel.
(c) Major Winters.
(d) Captain Nixon.
13. What did most of the Germans do when the American troops reached the village north of Noville in Chapter Thirteen, "Attack: Noville: January 14-17, 1945"?
(b) Begged for mercy.
(c) Fired on them.
(d) Commited suicide.
14. Where was the Easy Company ordered to go after its success in Noville?
15. On December 21st, 1944, what platoon leader gathered his men for a combat patrol to collect information and secure a German prisoner for interrogation?
(a) Lieutenant Pisancin.
(b) Lieutenant Stokes.
(c) Lieutenant Henry Jones.
(d) Lieutenant Peacock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took command after Easy Company's new commanding officer retreated and left the company on its own in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
2. With the Bastogne siege over, the men of Easy Company prepared to attack and take what nearby village?
3. The goal of the German offensive in the Battle of Bastogne was the harbor located where?
4. Who killed an insubordinate American soldier in Normandy, causing some disagreement about him among the troops?
5. Who was assigned 2nd Battalion C.O. Captain in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)