|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to a medical condition caused by prolonged exposure of the feet to damp, unsanitary and cold conditions?
(a) Rubbish boot.
(b) Swamp foot.
(c) Garbage toe.
(d) Trench foot.
2. Bastogne is located along what mountain range?
(b) Sierra Nevada.
3. How many prisoners did Easy Company secure across the river in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
4. What soldier from Easy Company was lost in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945" from a grenade fragment in his skull?
(a) Private Ramirez.
(b) Private Jackson.
(c) Private Miller.
(d) Private Metzler.
5. The goal of the German offensive in the Battle of Bastogne was the harbor located where?
6. When did the division hold a parade that top Army leaders, including General Eisenhower, attended?
(a) June, 1946.
(b) March, 1945.
(c) May, 1946.
(d) May, 1945.
7. What did the German people in the surrounding rural areas do when they saw the American soldiers in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
(a) Cheered the end of the war.
(b) Hid in their homes.
(c) Shot at them.
(d) Cursed at them.
8. Easy Company and the 101st marched toward the fight and dug in to defend Bastogne with no artillery or what?
(a) Land mines.
(b) Air support.
9. Where did Easy Company travel after Germany surrendered to Allied forces?
10. On December 21st, 1944, what platoon leader gathered his men for a combat patrol to collect information and secure a German prisoner for interrogation?
(a) Lieutenant Henry Jones.
(b) Lieutenant Peacock.
(c) Lieutenant Pisancin.
(d) Lieutenant Stokes.
11. Where did Easy Company go to rest in France after leaving Holland in November, 1944?
(a) Camp Mourmelon.
(b) Camp Marmot.
(c) Camp Mullien.
(d) Camp Mulberry.
12. In April, 1945, how many German soldiers surrendered to American forces?
13. The Army enforced a strict _________ policy between the soldiers and German people Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945".
(b) English only.
(d) Don't ask don't tell.
14. Who, when confronted with a written request from German General Luttwitz for surrender of Bastogne, replied "NUTS!"?
(a) General McAuliffe.
(b) General Taylor.
(c) General Jackson.
(d) General Patton.
15. Where was Easy Company trucked to through snow in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took command after Easy Company's new commanding officer retreated and left the company on its own in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
2. Who did Winters order to take command of Easy Company after Dike stopped the line of advance in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
3. What was forbidden while the men were in battle in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
4. Who gathered information about a possible Nazi slave labor camp leader hiding in the mountains in Chapter Eighteen, "The Soldier's Dream Life: Austria: May 8-July 31, 1945"?
5. Who was the first to reach Eagle's Nest in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)