|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the American troops arrive with dirty uniforms and unshaven faces in Chapter Eighteen, "The Soldier's Dream Life: Austria: May 8-July 31, 1945"?
(c) Zell am See.
2. Who gathered information about a possible Nazi slave labor camp leader hiding in the mountains in Chapter Eighteen, "The Soldier's Dream Life: Austria: May 8-July 31, 1945"?
(a) Captain Speirs.
(b) Sergeant Alley.
(c) Sergeant Grant.
(d) Major Hester.
3. Where was the Easy Company ordered to go after its success in Noville?
4. What soldiers in the hospital requested discharge to return to Easy Company in Chapter Ten, "Resting, Recovering, and Refitting: Mourmelon-le-Grand: November 26-December 18, 1944"?
(a) Webster and Mellet.
(b) Lavenson and Mellet.
(c) Liebgott and Lavenson.
(d) Liebgott and Webster.
5. Easy Company had to travel across the river in how many boats at night in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
6. Who was the first to reach Eagle's Nest in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
(a) Rattlesnake Battalion.
(b) Easy Company.
(c) First Battalion.
(d) General Patton.
7. Bastogne is located along what mountain range?
(d) Sierra Nevada.
8. The Siege of Bastogne lasted from December 20 to when?
(a) January 10.
(b) January 1.
(c) December 27.
(d) January 2.
9. Where is Noville located?
10. In April, 1945, how many German soldiers surrendered to American forces?
11. Back in Mourmelon, the Easy Company showered for the first time in how long in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 10 weeks.
(c) 72 hours.
(d) 18 days.
12. What holiday had the men of Easy Company been looking forward to before being ordered to Bastogne?
(b) Flag day.
(c) Fourth of July.
13. In Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945" Easy Company traveled into Germany as an occupation force rather than what?
(a) Combative action.
(b) Enforcers of the President.
(d) Savage warriors.
14. Who killed an insubordinate American soldier in Normandy, causing some disagreement about him among the troops?
(a) Captain Speirs.
(b) Major Oliver Horton.
(c) Captain Salve Matheson.
(d) Major Winters.
15. Who was shot in the neck by a German soldier and paralyzed when the opposing line attempted to break through in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
(a) Corporal Gordon.
(b) Corporal Mellet.
(c) Corporal Hoobler.
(d) Corporal Dukeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Easy Company's new commanding officer retreated and left the company on its own in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
2. Bastogne is a town in what country?
3. What was the name of Hitler's mountain retreat?
4. Who, when confronted with a written request from German General Luttwitz for surrender of Bastogne, replied "NUTS!"?
5. What did the German people in the surrounding rural areas do when they saw the American soldiers in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)