|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed an insubordinate American soldier in Normandy, causing some disagreement about him among the troops?
(a) Major Oliver Horton.
(b) Captain Salve Matheson.
(c) Captain Speirs.
(d) Major Winters.
2. Where in France is Mourmelon located?
(b) South central.
3. When did the division hold a parade that top Army leaders, including General Eisenhower, attended?
(a) May, 1945.
(b) June, 1946.
(c) March, 1945.
(d) May, 1946.
4. Easy Company had to travel across the river in how many boats at night in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
5. Easy Company and the 101st marched toward the fight and dug in to defend Bastogne with no artillery or what?
(b) Air support.
(c) Land mines.
6. How many prisoners did Easy Company secure across the river in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
7. Easy Company liberated the people of what in Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945"?
(a) A Displaced Persons' camp.
(b) The German Army.
(c) A prison.
(d) The British Army.
8. Back in Mourmelon, the Easy Company showered for the first time in how long in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 18 days.
(c) 72 hours.
(d) 10 weeks.
9. In April, 1945, how many German soldiers surrendered to American forces?
10. Where did the American troops arrive with dirty uniforms and unshaven faces in Chapter Eighteen, "The Soldier's Dream Life: Austria: May 8-July 31, 1945"?
(b) Zell am See.
11. The day after Christmas in 1944, whose battalion broke through the German lines, providing much-needed food, supplies and support?
(a) General McAuliffe's.
(b) General Patton's.
(c) General Taylor's.
(d) General Smith's.
12. Points were awarded based on amount of time in active duty, whether the soldier was married, and what?
(c) Amount of leave time.
(d) If they had Children.
13. Berchtesgaden was a village populated with whom?
(a) The elderly.
(b) High-ranking Nazis.
(c) Poor Jews.
(d) Beautiful women.
14. Who was shot in the neck by a German soldier and paralyzed when the opposing line attempted to break through in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
(a) Corporal Hoobler.
(b) Corporal Mellet.
(c) Corporal Dukeman.
(d) Corporal Gordon.
15. Who ordered Winters to send a patrol across the river and behind German lines to procure prisoners for interrogation in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
(a) Captain Sobel.
(b) General Patton.
(c) Captain Nixon.
(d) General Taylor.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Siege of Bastogne lasted from December 20 to when?
2. With the Bastogne siege over, the men of Easy Company prepared to attack and take what nearby village?
3. Who was demoted from regimental to battalion staff due to his excessive drinking in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
4. What is an indirect fire weapon that fires shells at low velocities, short ranges, and high-arcing ballistic trajectories?
5. What was forbidden while the men were in battle in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)