|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day after Christmas in 1944, whose battalion broke through the German lines, providing much-needed food, supplies and support?
(a) General McAuliffe's.
(b) General Patton's.
(c) General Smith's.
(d) General Taylor's.
2. Who was the friend and alcohol connoisseur who shared in the findings of Hitler's liquor and wine cellar in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
(a) Major Winters.
(b) Captain Sobel.
(c) Captain Speirs.
(d) Captain Nixon.
3. What refers to a medical condition caused by prolonged exposure of the feet to damp, unsanitary and cold conditions?
(a) Trench foot.
(b) Swamp foot.
(c) Garbage toe.
(d) Rubbish boot.
4. Who, when confronted with a written request from German General Luttwitz for surrender of Bastogne, replied "NUTS!"?
(a) General Taylor.
(b) General McAuliffe.
(c) General Jackson.
(d) General Patton.
5. What is an indirect fire weapon that fires shells at low velocities, short ranges, and high-arcing ballistic trajectories?
(d) Rocket launcher.
6. Who gave the command for Easy Company's advance in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
7. Who ordered Winters to send a patrol across the river and behind German lines to procure prisoners for interrogation in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945"?
(a) Captain Sobel.
(b) Captain Nixon.
(c) General Patton.
(d) General Taylor.
8. The Army deactivated Easy Company on what date?
(a) November 31, 1945.
(b) August 11, 1945.
(c) January 5, 1946.
(d) November 30, 1945.
9. Where did Easy Company travel after Germany surrendered to Allied forces?
10. Bastogne is a town in what country?
11. Where in France is Mourmelon located?
(a) South central.
12. When did the division hold a parade that top Army leaders, including General Eisenhower, attended?
(a) June, 1946.
(b) May, 1946.
(c) May, 1945.
(d) March, 1945.
13. Who killed an insubordinate American soldier in Normandy, causing some disagreement about him among the troops?
(a) Major Oliver Horton.
(b) Major Winters.
(c) Captain Speirs.
(d) Captain Salve Matheson.
14. The Siege of Bastogne lasted from December 20 to when?
(a) January 1.
(b) January 2.
(c) December 27.
(d) January 10.
15. What soldier from Easy Company was lost in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945" from a grenade fragment in his skull?
(a) Private Jackson.
(b) Private Ramirez.
(c) Private Miller.
(d) Private Metzler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the American troops arrive with dirty uniforms and unshaven faces in Chapter Eighteen, "The Soldier's Dream Life: Austria: May 8-July 31, 1945"?
2. Who was demoted from regimental to battalion staff due to his excessive drinking in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
3. Back in Mourmelon, the Easy Company showered for the first time in how long in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
4. Who was shot in the neck by a German soldier and paralyzed when the opposing line attempted to break through in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
5. Points were awarded based on amount of time in active duty, whether the soldier was married, and what?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)