|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Easy Company occupied an area on the Rhine, near where in Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945"?
(a) Zell am See.
2. Where did the Easy Company sleep for the first time in months in Rachamps in Chapter Thirteen, "Attack: Noville: January 14-17, 1945"?
(a) In trenches.
(b) In fox holes.
(c) Inside a building.
(d) Under the stars.
3. Where did the American soldiers sleep during battle in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
(b) Fox holes.
(d) Fortified bunkers.
4. When did the division hold a parade that top Army leaders, including General Eisenhower, attended?
(a) May, 1946.
(b) March, 1945.
(c) May, 1945.
(d) June, 1946.
5. Where was the Easy Company ordered to go after its success in Noville?
6. Points were awarded based on amount of time in active duty, whether the soldier was married, and what?
(a) Amount of leave time.
(d) If they had Children.
7. What Easy Company's new commanding officer retreated and left the company on its own in Chapter Twelve, "The Breaking Point: Bastogne: January 1-13, 1945"?
(a) Lieutenant Compton.
(b) Lieutenant Dike.
(c) Lieutenant Speirs.
(d) Lieutenant Lavenson.
8. Who was shot in the neck by a German soldier and paralyzed when the opposing line attempted to break through in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
(a) Corporal Hoobler.
(b) Corporal Dukeman.
(c) Corporal Mellet.
(d) Corporal Gordon.
9. Bastogne is a town in what country?
10. The Army enforced a strict _________ policy between the soldiers and German people Chapter Sixteen, "Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945".
(a) Don't ask don't tell.
(b) English only.
11. What refers to a medical condition caused by prolonged exposure of the feet to damp, unsanitary and cold conditions?
(a) Rubbish boot.
(b) Swamp foot.
(c) Garbage toe.
(d) Trench foot.
12. The Siege of Bastogne lasted from December 20 to when?
(a) January 10.
(b) December 27.
(c) January 1.
(d) January 2.
13. Who attempted to keep the men's spirits high although morale was low due to the dreadful conditions in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
(a) Lieutenant Strayer.
(b) General McAuliffe.
(c) General Taylor.
(d) Colonel Sink.
14. Who did Major Winters encounter on one occasion after his promotion and stopped to make him salute him in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
(a) General Patton.
(b) Captain Nixon.
(c) Captain Sobel.
(d) Captain Speirs.
15. Bastogne is located along what mountain range?
(b) Sierra Nevada.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the American troops arrive with dirty uniforms and unshaven faces in Chapter Eighteen, "The Soldier's Dream Life: Austria: May 8-July 31, 1945"?
2. On December 21st, 1944, what platoon leader gathered his men for a combat patrol to collect information and secure a German prisoner for interrogation?
3. What did the Army occupy in Chapter Seventeen, "Drinking Hitler's Champagne: Berchtesgaden: May 1-8, 1945"?
4. Back in Mourmelon, the Easy Company showered for the first time in how long in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
5. What soldier from Easy Company was lost in Chapter Fourteen, "The Patrol: Haguenau: January 18-February 23, 1945" from a grenade fragment in his skull?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)