|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who worried that his injuries would cause permanent damage in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
(a) Edward J. Tipper.
(b) John E. Pisancin.
(c) Carwood Lipton.
(d) George Lavenson.
2. What caused the planes' V-formation to break off during the flight in on D-Day?
(a) Hail storms.
(b) Flocks of birds.
(c) Cloud banks.
3. Bastogne is a town in what country?
4. What was forbidden while the men were in battle in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
(a) Writing letters.
5. Who spied the vast number of ships and boats in the invading fleet and became awestruck in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944"?
(a) William F. Kiehn.
(b) Clancy Odel Lyall.
(c) Gordon Carson.
(d) Leo D. Boyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Americans secure with the assistance of tanks in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
2. Where did the Easy Company undergo parachute training?
3. Who led the frontal assault while the machine gunners provided support on the German machine guns in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
4. Where did Easy Company go to rest in France after leaving Holland in November, 1944?
5. What term means to surrender unconditionally or on stipulated terms?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)