|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Getting to Know the Enemy: Germany: April 2-30, 1945.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Major Winters encounter on one occasion after his promotion and stopped to make him salute him in Chapter Fifteen, "The Best Feeling in the World: Mourmelon: February 25-April 2, 1945"?
(a) Captain Nixon.
(b) Captain Speirs.
(c) General Patton.
(d) Captain Sobel.
2. In Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944," after securing Ste. Marie-du-Mont, the military ordered Easy Company to lead the battalion through where?
3. What were the men of Easy Company initially greeted with in London in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
(b) Free beer and meals.
4. The Germans relied more on its counterattack rather than its what, as advised to the troops in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944"?
(a) Air defenses.
(b) Ground defences.
(c) Coastal defenses.
(d) Air offenses.
5. Who attempted to keep the men's spirits high although morale was low due to the dreadful conditions in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
(a) General Taylor.
(b) Colonel Sink.
(c) Lieutenant Strayer.
(d) General McAuliffe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Easy Company encounter and eradicate in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
2. The men who completed five successful jumps in parachute training received a certificate and what to denote them certified parachutists?
3. Who returned to Easy Company hoping for more action and sought revenge for Americans killed by German troops in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
4. Growing dissatisfaction with Sobel's lack of tactical skill made some officers consider approaching who about the problem in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
5. Where is Noville located?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)