|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The operation of eliminating the German battery contributed to the success of the beach invasion, as the location looked directly down upon what in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(a) Alaska Beach.
(b) Montana Beach.
(c) Arizona Beach.
(d) Utah Beach.
2. What caused the planes' V-formation to break off during the flight in on D-Day?
(a) Hail storms.
(c) Cloud banks.
(d) Flocks of birds.
3. The Germans relied more on its counterattack rather than its what, as advised to the troops in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944"?
(a) Air offenses.
(b) Coastal defenses.
(c) Air defenses.
(d) Ground defences.
4. What did Winters have for the first time after the invasion on D-Day?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A coca cola.
(c) A drink.
(d) A cigarette.
5. What was Winters promoted to at the end of Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in the narrative stands out as the foil to the protagonist?
2. Easy Company was involved with a mission to take what beach on D-Day?
3. What were the men served a large meal of before being ordered to run up Mount Currahee in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
4. In Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944," after securing Ste. Marie-du-Mont, the military ordered Easy Company to lead the battalion through where?
5. Who transferred Winters out of Easy Company as the battalion mess officer in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944"?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)