|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were all of the parachute drops across Europe canceled in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
(a) Bad weather.
(b) Ground armies had advanced.
(c) German holiday.
(d) American holiday.
2. The incident of a German attack by torpedoes on the training regiments in England in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944" was covered up by the military for how many years?
3. What soldier was sent home when the military realized that all three of his brothers were killed in action in Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"?
(a) Fritz Niland.
(b) Earl Ervin McClung.
(c) Walter L. Hendrix.
(d) Robert Burr Smith.
4. What was Winters promoted to at the end of Chapter Six, "Move Out!: Carentan: July 7-July 12, 1944"?
5. What did the Americans secure with the assistance of tanks in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(a) Sherwood Estates.
(c) Brecourt Manor.
(d) The Royal Palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the frontal assault while the machine gunners provided support on the German machine guns in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
2. What did Winters bring to training maneuvers against military regulation in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
3. Easy Company was involved with a mission to take what beach on D-Day?
4. Where did the ship with Easy Company arrive in September, 1943?
5. When did Easy Company's regiment move to the Alabama side of the Fort in Chapter Two, "Stand Up and Hook Up: Benning, Mackall, Bragg, Shanks: December 1942-September 1943"?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)