|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the elevation of Mount Currahee?
(a) 8,000 feet.
(b) 1,000 feet.
(c) 1,350 feet.
(d) 2,600 feet.
2. When did the 101st Airborne division conduct practice jumps in preparation for D-Day?
(a) April, 1944.
(b) May, 1944.
(c) March, 1944.
(d) August, 1945.
3. The Germans relied more on its counterattack rather than its what, as advised to the troops in Chapter Four, "Look Out Hitler! Here We Come!: Slapton Sands, Upottery: April 1-June 5, 1944"?
(a) Air defenses.
(b) Ground defences.
(c) Air offenses.
(d) Coastal defenses.
4. The men who completed five successful jumps in parachute training received a certificate and what to denote them certified parachutists?
(a) Bronze wings.
(b) Gold stars.
(c) Ruby watches.
(d) Silver wings.
5. At the end of October, 1943, Sobel assigned Winters to what inspection duty?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the rally point to which Winters' men headed in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
2. Who led the frontal assault while the machine gunners provided support on the German machine guns in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
3. What were the men treated to before shipping out on July 4, 1944?
4. What were the men served a large meal of before being ordered to run up Mount Currahee in Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942"?
5. What tanks arrived at Easy Company's location after the successful invasion on D-Day?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)