|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through They Got Us Surrounded-the Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, when confronted with a written request from German General Luttwitz for surrender of Bastogne, replied "NUTS!"?
(a) General Patton.
(b) General McAuliffe.
(c) General Jackson.
(d) General Taylor.
2. What was Winters promoted to in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
(a) Executive Officer of 2nd Battalion.
(b) Senior Officer of 2nd Regiment.
(c) Senior Officer of 1st Regiment.
(d) Executive Officer of 3rd Regiment.
3. What was forbidden while the men were in battle in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
(b) Writing letters.
4. What did the Americans secure with the assistance of tanks in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
(a) Brecourt Manor.
(c) The Royal Palace.
(d) Sherwood Estates.
5. Why were all of the parachute drops across Europe canceled in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
(a) Bad weather.
(b) German holiday.
(c) American holiday.
(d) Ground armies had advanced.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a medical condition caused by prolonged exposure of the feet to damp, unsanitary and cold conditions?
2. When Winters was promoted in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944" it had been how long since his previous promotion?
3. After some time in London in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944," men such as Gordon and who returned to Easy Company?
4. What did Winters have for the first time after the invasion on D-Day?
5. What did Winters lose when he landed in Chapter Five, "Follow Me: Normandy, June 6, 1944"?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)