|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through They Got Us Surrounded-the Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Germans comprised the companies which were pushed back in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
2. On December 21st, 1944, what platoon leader gathered his men for a combat patrol to collect information and secure a German prisoner for interrogation?
(a) Lieutenant Pisancin.
(b) Lieutenant Henry Jones.
(c) Lieutenant Stokes.
(d) Lieutenant Peacock.
3. The Siege of Bastogne lasted from December 20 to when?
(a) January 2.
(b) December 27.
(c) January 1.
(d) January 10.
4. Who returned to Easy Company hoping for more action and sought revenge for Americans killed by German troops in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
(a) Private Terrence C. Harris.
(b) Private Sergio G. Moya.
(c) Private Paul E. Lamoureux.
(d) Private David Kenyon Webster.
5. Why were all of the parachute drops across Europe canceled in Chapter Seven, "Healing Wounds and Scrubbed Missions: Aldbourne: July 13-September 16, 1944"?
(a) German holiday.
(b) Ground armies had advanced.
(c) Bad weather.
(d) American holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an indirect fire weapon that fires shells at low velocities, short ranges, and high-arcing ballistic trajectories?
2. Who did the company officers consult with about their ultimatum in Chapter Three, "Duties of the Latrine Orderly: Aldbourne: September 1943-March 1944" who suggested they step down?
3. Easy Company relieved troops near what area that was being held by an entire division in Chapter Nine, "The Island: Holland: September 17-October 1, 1944"?
4. What did Winters have for the first time after the invasion on D-Day?
5. What was forbidden while the men were in battle in Chapter Eleven, "They Got Us Surrounded - The Poor Bastards: Bastogne: December 19-31, 1944"?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)