We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Taccoa: July-December 1942
• Chapter One, "We Wanted Those Wings: Camp Toccoa: July-December 1942" introduces Easy company as an elite, advanced group of soldiers.
• The theme of brotherhood began from basic training as the chapter foreshadows the heroics and successful battles due to the close ties that slowly developed among the men.
• Easy Company was extraordinary because of the soldiers' hard work and ability to endure both physical and mental abuse, but also because of the strong bonds the men shared.
• Winters is introduced as C.O. Sobel's character foil, or opposite as Sobel led the men by way of fear and admonition.
• The men followed Sobel simply because his rank demands it, and Sobel's vendetta against Winters demonstrates Sobel's lack of self-confidence and fear of competition for command.
• Winters, on the other hand, earned the men's respect and Easy Company followed Winters because the...
This section contains 2,638 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)