|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Wagner say about Will?
2. How does Mr. Morton respond to what Ellie tells him?
3. What does Ellie tell Mr. Morton she is unwilling to do?
4. What does Lance say when he looks Will in the eye?
5. How is Will's dog similar to King Arthur's dog?
Essay Topic 1
Ellie confronts her fears by going to the party and seeing Will. Not only does she confront fears about social situations with popular people, but she also needs to make sure that Will and Jennifer are a true couple. Will feels that he has met Ellie before, perhaps in a different life. He tells Ellie that Lance and Jennifer think he is nuts, but he believes what he is telling Ellie.
1. Discuss what Ellie demonstrates about herself by confronting her fears and going to Will's party. Use examples from Avalon High and your own life to support your answer.
2. Discuss what Ellie demonstrates about herself that she wants to make certain that Will and Jennifer are a couple so she does not interfere with that. What does this say about her values, her morals, and her character? Use examples from Avalon High and your own life to support your answer.
3. Do you think a person can meet a stranger and feel like they've known that person? Why or why not? Use examples from Avalon High and your own life to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Often, authors will write about "what they know," and sometimes knowing a little about the author makes the books more interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Research and give a brief biographical sketch of Meg Cabot.
2. What in Cabot's background may have helped her in writing Avalon High? What may have influenced the way she depicts various characters and scenes?
3. Do you think there is always some of the author's own life in his/her novels? Why or why not? Give examples.
Essay Topic 3
1. What is foreshadowing? How many incidences of foreshadow are in Avalon High? How does foreshadow contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadow in Avalon High including why you believe it is foreshadow. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from Avalon High and your own live to support your opinion.
This section contains 2,777 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)