|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Wagner want when she calls?
(a) She thanks Ellie for trying to help that morning.
(b) She is worried about Marco.
(c) She is looking for Will.
(d) She is afraid that Will has left home.
2. Why is the Beltway closed?
(a) Fallen electrical wires.
(b) Road re-surfacing.
(c) A bad accident.
(d) A tornado tore up part of it.
3. What does Mr. Morton think is going to happen to Will?
(a) He will never live up to his potential.
(b) He will become a corrupt politician.
(c) He will die.
(d) He will fade into obscurity
4. Why is Ellie furious with Mr. Morton?
(a) For spreading rumors.
(b) For leaving Will defenseless.
(c) For believing such nonsense.
(d) For thinking only of himself.
5. Where are Ellie's parents?
(a) They have gone to Washington, D. C.
(b) They are at home working.
(c) The are both at the library.
(d) They are at Ellie's aunt's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazes Will about Jennifer's family?
2. What does Ellie suddenly understand about Jennifer's feelings towards Will and Lance?
3. When does Lance arrive for the appointment with Mr. Morton?
4. What does Ellie say when Will asks her about her knowledge of Jennifer and Lance?
5. What does Ellie tell Mr. Morton she is unwilling to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Morton respond to what Ellie tells him about Will, Jennifer and Lance?
2. What does Marco do with the sailboat when he spies a group of kids in an old, battered boat?
3. Why does Mr. Morton say Ellie cannot help the situation?
4. What does Ellie decide to take with her to the ravine? How does the Darkness seem to react to her doing so?
5. What happens in the aftermath of the revelation about Lance and Jennifer's relationship?
6. What does Ellie say about Mr. Morton's abandoning his job and about the order?
7. How does Ellie feel about what Mr. Morton is doing and what he told her?
8. What does Ellie face when she arrives at Mr. Morton's apartment? What does she do
9. What does Mr. Morton say he is doing? What does he advise Ellie to do?
10. Why does Will have to dive into the water? What is Jennifer's response?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)