|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Morton respond to what Ellie tells him?
(a) He is jovial.
(b) He looks as though he is going to have a heart attack.
(c) He says he will talk to them all.
(d) He calls Lance a rat.
2. Why is the Beltway closed?
(a) Road re-surfacing.
(b) A tornado tore up part of it.
(c) Fallen electrical wires.
(d) A bad accident.
3. Why does Ellie spend the rest of first period in the bathroom?
(a) To stop crying.
(b) To avoid hall monitors.
(c) To talk to Jennifer privately.
(d) To talk on the phone with her mother.
4. What does Ellie discover when she starts to get out of the pool later that afternoon?
(a) Will is standing there.
(b) Jennifer and Lance are standing there.
(c) She is crying.
(d) Lance is standing there.
5. What does Ellie pick up to take with her to the ravine?
(a) A first aid kit.
(b) A sword.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) A hammer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the police take Ellie?
2. Why is Jennifer crying in one of the bathroom stalls?
3. What has Will told Jennifer that she believes he is sincere in saying?
4. What does Mr. Morton suggest Ellie may want to do?
5. What does Ellie tell Mr. Morton she is unwilling to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Morton say Ellie cannot help the situation?
2. What happens in the aftermath of the revelation about Lance and Jennifer's relationship?
3. What does Jennifer do when she gets home from sailing? How do her parents act?
4. What does Mr. Morton think is going to happen since Will now knows about Jennifer and Lance? Whom does Mr. Morton blame?
5. What does Ellie face when she arrives at Mr. Morton's apartment? What does she do
6. Why is Mr. Morton annoyed with Lance on Monday morning? How does Jennifer defend Lance to Mr. Morton?
7. What does Mrs. Wagner say when she calls Ellie that gets Ellie worried?
8. What does Jennifer say about Ellie and Will?
9. What do Will and Ellie do after their talk about Jennifer and Lance?
10. What does Marco do with the sailboat when he spies a group of kids in an old, battered boat?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)