|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie think as she watches Jennifer re-apply Jennifer's make-up?
(a) How beautiful Jennifer is.
(b) Jennifer is selfish.
(c) Jennifer seems to want the best for all people involved.
(d) Jennifer never really loved Will.
2. What does Ellie suddenly understand about Jennifer's feelings towards Will and Lance?
(a) Jennifer is in love with Lance but will always love Will.
(b) Jennifer is just superficially infatuated with Lance.
(c) Jennifer is in love with both guys.
(d) Jennifer does not really know how she feels.
3. When does Lance arrive for the appointment with Mr. Morton?
(a) Before Ellie gets there.
(b) He meets Ellie in the parking lot and they walk in together.
(c) He does not show.
(d) He comes in a few minutes late.
4. What does Ellie pick up to take with her to the ravine?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A sword.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) A first aid kit.
5. Where do the police take Ellie?
(a) To jail.
(b) To the principal's office.
(c) The station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marco do when the police arrive?
2. How does Marco explain his actions with the sailboat?
3. What does Ellie learn about Will's name?
4. What does Lance say when he looks Will in the eye?
5. What does Lance ask Ellie to do that evening?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Will have to dive into the water? What is Jennifer's response?
2. What does Mr. Morton say he is doing? What does he advise Ellie to do?
3. What does Ellie say about Mr. Morton's abandoning his job and about the order?
4. What does Ellie suggest Will do concerning his father pressuring him about the naval academy?
5. What question does Marco scream at his mother? What does he do after she replies?
6. What do Ellie and Jennifer talk about in the girls' bathroom?
7. What does Marco tell Ellie about his past and what is her impression of his relationship with Will?
8. Describe how Will learns about Lance and Jennifer's relationship.
9. What does Jennifer say about Ellie and Will?
10. What does Ellie face when she arrives at Mr. Morton's apartment? What does she do
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)