|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marco do when the police arrive?
(a) Jumps out the school window.
(b) Slaps his mother.
(c) Tries to take Mr. Morton hostage.
(d) Lies on the floor crying.
2. What does Ellie learn about Will's name?
(a) The "A" in his name stands for "Arthur."
(b) The name has been in every generation.
(c) It is spelled in the old English way.
(d) It is not his birth name.
3. How does Ellie's mother describe the members of the Order of the Bear?
(c) People with too much time on their hands.
(d) Misguided history buffs.
4. What does Ellie not believe of what Mr. Morton tells her?
(a) Arthur's only purpose is to kill Mordred once and for all.
(b) Arthur must fulfill his destiny, or he will become evil.
(c) Forces of darkness are stronger than those of light.
(d) Darkness has killed Arthur's every incarnation.
5. Why does Ellie spend the rest of first period in the bathroom?
(a) To talk to Jennifer privately.
(b) To talk on the phone with her mother.
(c) To stop crying.
(d) To avoid hall monitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Lady of Shalott do when the man she loves rejects her?
2. Why does Will go into the water?
3. What does Marco do when Ellie tells him the meeting is none of his business?
4. What does Will say about Lance and Jennifer that surprises Ellie?
5. What does Mr. Morton think is going to happen to Will?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jennifer do when she gets home from sailing? How do her parents act?
2. What happens in the aftermath of the revelation about Lance and Jennifer's relationship?
3. Describe how Will learns about Lance and Jennifer's relationship.
4. What does Mr. Morton think is going to happen since Will now knows about Jennifer and Lance? Whom does Mr. Morton blame?
5. What does Mrs. Wagner say when she calls Ellie that gets Ellie worried?
6. Why is Mr. Morton annoyed with Lance on Monday morning? How does Jennifer defend Lance to Mr. Morton?
7. What does Ellie suggest Will do concerning his father pressuring him about the naval academy?
8. What happens when Marco arrives at the conference room?
9. What does Ellie realize about the story about Arthur's birth and the gossip about Will's family?
10. What does Ellie decide to take with her to the ravine? How does the Darkness seem to react to her doing so?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)