|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jennifer say Will has expressed a desire to do lately?
(a) Go to Annapolis Naval Academy.
(b) Quit the football team.
(c) Finish high school in Vermont.
(d) Leave home.
2. What does Will say about Lance and Jennifer that surprises Ellie?
(a) He will never forgive Lance and Jennifer.
(b) Once he met Ellie, he no longer cared.
(c) He loves both Lance and Jennifer and will forgive them.
(d) At some level he already knew about Lance and Jennifer.
3. What does Mr. Morton think is going to happen to Will?
(a) He will become a corrupt politician.
(b) He will die.
(c) He will never live up to his potential.
(d) He will fade into obscurity
4. What happens when Lance tries to engage Marco in a fight?
(a) Will holds Lance back.
(b) Marco punches Lance and throws him over the side.
(c) Lance pushes Marco over the side.
(d) Jennifer holds Lance back.
5. What is the name of Will's boat?
(b) The Pride of My Eye.
(d) Pride Winn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marco ask Ellie?
2. Who is Prydwyn?
3. What does Lance ask Ellie to do that evening?
4. When does Lance arrive for the appointment with Mr. Morton?
5. Why does Mr. Morton say Ellie cannot help Will?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mr. Morton annoyed with Lance on Monday morning? How does Jennifer defend Lance to Mr. Morton?
2. What does Ellie decide to take with her to the ravine? How does the Darkness seem to react to her doing so?
3. What do Will and Ellie say to each other about Lance and Jennifer?
4. What does Marco tell Ellie about his past and what is her impression of his relationship with Will?
5. What does Jennifer do when she gets home from sailing? How do her parents act?
6. What does Ellie face when she arrives at Mr. Morton's apartment? What does she do
7. What does Ellie realize about the story about Arthur's birth and the gossip about Will's family?
8. What question does Marco scream at his mother? What does he do after she replies?
9. What happens when Marco arrives at the conference room?
10. What does Mr. Morton say he is doing? What does he advise Ellie to do?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)