|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ellie want to have a private conversation with Lance?
(a) To ask him for his help with her new lit assignment.
(b) To ask him about Will's family history.
(c) To talk to him about Mr. Morton and Jennifer.
(d) To tell him about Marco.
2. What does Marco say about his life before his mother married Will's father?
(a) They were wealthy.
(b) They rarely talked.
(c) They were closer.
(d) They were very poor.
3. What does Ellie learn about Will's name?
(a) The "A" in his name stands for "Arthur."
(b) It is not his birth name.
(c) It is spelled in the old English way.
(d) The name has been in every generation.
4. Why does Mr. Morton say Ellie cannot help Will?
(a) She was assigned to help Marco turn to the light.
(b) She came into the situation too late.
(c) She did not know Arthur in her past life.
(d) She is responsible for helping Lance.
5. How does Marco seem to feel about Will?
(a) Marco seems to resent Will.
(b) Marco seems to adore Will.
(c) Marco looks up to Will.
(d) Marco seems indifferent to Will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marco do when the police arrive?
2. What does Ellie pick up to take with her to the ravine?
3. What does Ellie suggest Will do to communicate his desires to his father?
4. What does Ellie think as she watches Jennifer re-apply Jennifer's make-up?
5. What does Mrs. Wagner say is missing from their home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Wagner say when she calls Ellie that gets Ellie worried?
2. What question does Marco scream at his mother? What does he do after she replies?
3. What does Jennifer do when she gets home from sailing? How do her parents act?
4. Why does Mr. Morton say Ellie cannot help the situation?
5. What does Ellie face when she arrives at Mr. Morton's apartment? What does she do
6. What does Ellie suggest Will do concerning his father pressuring him about the naval academy?
7. Describe how Will learns about Lance and Jennifer's relationship.
8. What does Jennifer say about Ellie and Will?
9. What do Ellie and Jennifer talk about in the girls' bathroom?
10. How does Mr. Morton respond to what Ellie tells him about Will, Jennifer and Lance?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)