|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Will told Jennifer that she believes he is sincere in saying?
(a) Will is happy for Jennifer and Lance.
(b) Jennifer deserves to be with whomever she loves.
(c) Will is not the right guy for Jennifer.
(d) Lance deserves to be with someone good.
2. What does Ellie say that makes Jennifer cry harder?
(a) Will is capable of handing the situation like an adult.
(b) Will is not angry with Lance and Jennifer.
(c) Jennifer and Lance were made for each other.
(d) Will is going to be fine someday.
3. What does Will say about Lance and Jennifer that surprises Ellie?
(a) Once he met Ellie, he no longer cared.
(b) At some level he already knew about Lance and Jennifer.
(c) He will never forgive Lance and Jennifer.
(d) He loves both Lance and Jennifer and will forgive them.
4. What does Ellie discover when she starts to get out of the pool later that afternoon?
(a) Jennifer and Lance are standing there.
(b) Will is standing there.
(c) She is crying.
(d) Lance is standing there.
5. What does Mrs. Wagner want when she calls?
(a) She is worried about Marco.
(b) She is afraid that Will has left home.
(c) She is looking for Will.
(d) She thanks Ellie for trying to help that morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jennifer think her social life would be easier?
2. Why does Will not want to go to the naval academy?
3. What does Jennifer say about Marco?
4. Why does Will go into the water?
5. What does Marco ask Ellie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Morton say he is doing? What does he advise Ellie to do?
2. What do Ellie and Jennifer talk about in the girls' bathroom?
3. What happens when Marco arrives at the conference room?
4. What does Ellie suggest Will do concerning his father pressuring him about the naval academy?
5. What does Ellie realize about the story about Arthur's birth and the gossip about Will's family?
6. Describe how Will learns about Lance and Jennifer's relationship.
7. How does Mr. Morton respond to what Ellie tells him about Will, Jennifer and Lance?
8. Why does Will have to dive into the water? What is Jennifer's response?
9. What does Ellie face when she arrives at Mr. Morton's apartment? What does she do
10. What does Marco tell Ellie about his past and what is her impression of his relationship with Will?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)