|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie tell Mr. Morton about the situation on the sailboat?
(a) Marco's violence.
(b) Its impact on her.
(c) The boy Will saves.
(d) Will's reaction to the revelations.
2. What happens to Ellie when Will holds his hand?
(a) She sees Will in knight's armor.
(b) She has a vision of a past life with Will.
(c) She realizes she is not in love with Will.
(d) It sends a jolt of electricity through her.
3. What does Mrs. Wagner say about Will?
(a) She is his mother.
(b) She loves him like she loves her own son.
(c) She could be his mother.
(d) She only met Will when he was a young toddler.
4. Why does the driver of the smaller boat make a sharp turn?
(a) To demonstrate the smaller boat's capability.
(b) To avoid a bouy.
(c) To avoid grounding on a sandbar.
(d) To avoid being hit by the sailboat.
5. What does Ellie say when Will asks her about her knowledge of Jennifer and Lance?
(a) She knew about them.
(b) She suspected but did not have any proof.
(c) She felt it wasn't her business.
(d) She did not know anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Morton respond to what Ellie tells him?
2. Who is accompanying Mr. Morton when he comes into the school?
3. What does Ellie suddenly understand about Jennifer's feelings towards Will and Lance?
4. To what does Mr. Morton think Will is now vulnerable?
5. Why does Will not want to go to the naval academy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ellie decide to take with her to the ravine? How does the Darkness seem to react to her doing so?
2. Describe how Will learns about Lance and Jennifer's relationship.
3. What does Ellie realize about the story about Arthur's birth and the gossip about Will's family?
4. What does Ellie say about Mr. Morton's abandoning his job and about the order?
5. How does Mr. Morton respond to what Ellie tells him about Will, Jennifer and Lance?
6. What do Will and Ellie do after their talk about Jennifer and Lance?
7. What does Ellie face when she arrives at Mr. Morton's apartment? What does she do
8. How does Ellie feel about what Mr. Morton is doing and what he told her?
9. What does Mr. Morton say he is doing? What does he advise Ellie to do?
10. What does Jennifer do when she gets home from sailing? How do her parents act?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)