|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie intuitively know about Mr. Morton?
(a) He has a role in the entire drama also.
(b) He may have been Arthur's father in another life.
(c) He is connected to the Order of the Bear.
(d) He may have been Marco's father in another life.
2. Why does Ellie want to have a private conversation with Lance?
(a) To tell him about Marco.
(b) To ask him for his help with her new lit assignment.
(c) To talk to him about Mr. Morton and Jennifer.
(d) To ask him about Will's family history.
3. How does Mr. Morton respond to what Ellie tells him?
(a) He says he will talk to them all.
(b) He calls Lance a rat.
(c) He is jovial.
(d) He looks as though he is going to have a heart attack.
4. What does Ellie not believe of what Mr. Morton tells her?
(a) Arthur's only purpose is to kill Mordred once and for all.
(b) Arthur must fulfill his destiny, or he will become evil.
(c) Darkness has killed Arthur's every incarnation.
(d) Forces of darkness are stronger than those of light.
5. What does Ellie suggest Will do to communicate his desires to his father?
(a) Show his father some of his photographs.
(b) Write a letter to his father.
(c) Show his father why Will is interested in past civilizations.
(d) Ask his stepmom for support and to talk with his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Will go into the water?
2. Why does Mr. Morton say Ellie cannot help Will?
3. What does Marco say about his life before his mother married Will's father?
4. What does Jennifer say Will has expressed a desire to do lately?
5. What does Marco do when they spot some poor kids in a battered boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mr. Morton annoyed with Lance on Monday morning? How does Jennifer defend Lance to Mr. Morton?
2. Why does Mr. Morton say Ellie cannot help the situation?
3. What happens when Marco arrives at the conference room?
4. What do Will and Ellie say to each other about Lance and Jennifer?
5. What does Marco tell Ellie about his past and what is her impression of his relationship with Will?
6. Describe how Will learns about Lance and Jennifer's relationship.
7. What does Mrs. Wagner say when she calls Ellie that gets Ellie worried?
8. What does Ellie decide to take with her to the ravine? How does the Darkness seem to react to her doing so?
9. What does Ellie suggest Will do concerning his father pressuring him about the naval academy?
10. What does Marco do with the sailboat when he spies a group of kids in an old, battered boat?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)