|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie encounter when she arrives at Mr. Morton's apartment?
(a) Several police cars.
(b) An ambulance.
(c) A teacher holding a frying pan.
(d) The place is empty.
2. What does Ellie discover when she starts to get out of the pool later that afternoon?
(a) Will is standing there.
(b) Lance is standing there.
(c) She is crying.
(d) Jennifer and Lance are standing there.
3. What does Mrs. Wagner say about Will?
(a) She is his mother.
(b) She could be his mother.
(c) She loves him like she loves her own son.
(d) She only met Will when he was a young toddler.
4. Why did Marco once attack Mr. Morton?
(a) Mr. Morton insults Marco's father.
(b) Mr. Morton tried to get Marco to see the light.
(c) Mr. Morton insults Marco's mother.
(d) Mr. Morton said something bad about Will.
5. What does Ellie ask Mr. Morton?
(a) If Will was Arthur in another life.
(b) If his response has anything to do with the Lily Maid of Astolot.
(c) If Marco was Mordred in another life.
(d) If Mr. Morton belongs to the Order of the Bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie suddenly understand about Jennifer's feelings towards Will and Lance?
2. What does Mr. Morton say about Ellie's role in all this?
3. Why does Ellie spend the rest of first period in the bathroom?
4. What does Jennifer say Will has expressed a desire to do lately?
5. What does Mr. Morton suggest Ellie may want to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ellie say about Mr. Morton's abandoning his job and about the order?
2. How does Ellie feel about what Mr. Morton is doing and what he told her?
3. What does Ellie suggest Will do concerning his father pressuring him about the naval academy?
4. What does Mr. Morton say he is doing? What does he advise Ellie to do?
5. What happens in the aftermath of the revelation about Lance and Jennifer's relationship?
6. What do Will and Ellie do after their talk about Jennifer and Lance?
7. What do Ellie and Jennifer talk about in the girls' bathroom?
8. How does Mr. Morton respond to what Ellie tells him about Will, Jennifer and Lance?
9. What does Jennifer do when she gets home from sailing? How do her parents act?
10. What does Marco do with the sailboat when he spies a group of kids in an old, battered boat?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)