|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Morton suggest Ellie may want to do?
(a) Call her parents immediately.
(b) Get out of town for awhile.
(c) Stay away from Will and Marco.
(d) Go to Nebraska early.
2. What is happening when Ellie goes inside her house?
(a) Lights are flickering.
(b) Her parents tell her to go to the basement.
(c) Marco is there.
(d) Will is there.
3. Why does Ellie want to have a private conversation with Lance?
(a) To talk to him about Mr. Morton and Jennifer.
(b) To tell him about Marco.
(c) To ask him about Will's family history.
(d) To ask him for his help with her new lit assignment.
4. What does Lance ask Ellie to do that evening?
(a) Call Lance.
(b) Go to dinner.
(c) Call Jennifer.
(d) Go sailing.
5. Why does Ellie spend the rest of first period in the bathroom?
(a) To talk on the phone with her mother.
(b) To stop crying.
(c) To avoid hall monitors.
(d) To talk to Jennifer privately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie tell Mr. Morton she thinks he is?
2. How does Mr. Morton characterize Marco?
3. Why is Jennifer crying in one of the bathroom stalls?
4. What does Marco do when the police arrive?
5. What does Ellie not believe of what Mr. Morton tells her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mr. Morton annoyed with Lance on Monday morning? How does Jennifer defend Lance to Mr. Morton?
2. What does Ellie face when she arrives at Mr. Morton's apartment? What does she do
3. What does Jennifer say about Ellie and Will?
4. What does Ellie say about Mr. Morton's abandoning his job and about the order?
5. Describe how Will learns about Lance and Jennifer's relationship.
6. What do Will and Ellie say to each other about Lance and Jennifer?
7. What do Will and Ellie do after their talk about Jennifer and Lance?
8. What does Ellie suggest Will do concerning his father pressuring him about the naval academy?
9. How does Mr. Morton respond to what Ellie tells him about Will, Jennifer and Lance?
10. Why does Will have to dive into the water? What is Jennifer's response?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)