|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what did Admiral Wagner supposedly have his friend assigned?
(a) An assignment on a battle cruiser.
(b) A backwater naval base in Alaska.
(c) A dangerous war zone.
(d) A cushy job at the Pentagon.
2. What is one thing Ellie enjoys doing?
(a) Drifting in the pool.
(b) Creating cryptograms.
(c) Researching antiques for her father.
(d) Talking on the phone.
3. After whom is Ellie named?
(a) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(b) The Lady of Avalon.
(c) The Lady of Shalot.
(d) Eleanor of Aquitaine.
4. What does Ellie wonder about what she saw at the bottom of the ravine?
(a) If that is the same fox she and her father saw earlier.
(b) If that might be brier rabbit.
(c) If the gopher can get up the steep banks of the ravine.
(d) How the man got down there without a machete.
5. How does Ellie feel about Marco at the end of the evening?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Will's father rumored to have done?
2. What does Ellie feel as she is running?
3. What poem does Ellie trade with someone else so she does not have to do the one assigned her?
4. What does Will say about Ellie making the track team?
5. Why is Ellie running with her father in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ellie feel about what Mr. Morton is doing and what he told her?
2. What does Ellie realize about the story about Arthur's birth and the gossip about Will's family?
3. What do Will and Ellie say to each other about Lance and Jennifer?
4. What poem is initially assigned to Ellie in class? How does she get a different one?
5. What does Mr. Morton think is going to happen since Will now knows about Jennifer and Lance? Whom does Mr. Morton blame?
6. What gossip does Liz tell Ellie about Will's family?
7. What happens as the teens prepare to go sailing?
8. What does Will do when he and Ellie pass a lemonade stand?
9. How does Ellie find Lance and Jennifer together right before Ellie is leaving the party?
10. What does Ellie decide to take with her to the ravine? How does the Darkness seem to react to her doing so?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)