|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie's mother invite Will to do?
(a) Talk to Ellie's father about the upcoming football game.
(b) Go with them to deliver some food.
(c) Stay for a swim and dinner.
(d) Stay for a swim before he and Ellie go out to eat.
2. Where does Will say he just ends up sometimes?
(a) In magical places.
(b) At beautiful girls' houses.
(c) In the ravine.
(d) At the basketball court.
3. Liz and Stacy think Ellie should try to date ____________.
(a) Anyone but Lance.
4. What does Ellie remember as she is about to leave Will's party?
(a) She left her sneakers by the pool.
(b) She needs to thank Will's father and step mother.
(c) She forgot her purse.
(d) She needs to tell Lance about Mr. Morton.
5. Who does Ellie think is nice?
(a) Will's father but not his step-mother.
(b) Will's younger sister.
(c) Will's step-mother but not his father.
(d) Will's father and step-mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie do that is out of character for her?
2. What does Ellie talk Liz and Stacy into doing after the game?
3. What makes Ellie happy when she observes Jennifer and Will?
4. What is one thing Ellie enjoys doing?
5. What does Ellie do in anticipation of attending the game and party at Will's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ellie feel about Marco after Will has left the two of them in the hall?
2. What do Ellie and Will write to each other in emails when Ellie gets home from track tryouts?
3. How does Ellie relate Jennifer, Marco, Will, and Lance to the Arthurian legend?
4. Why is Will being pressured by his father?
5. What does Jennifer want when Ellie talks to her at Ellie's locker?
6. What happens as the teens prepare to go sailing?
7. What does Will do when he and Ellie pass a lemonade stand?
8. Describe Ellie's encounter with Mr. Morton at the football game.
9. Why is Ellie running with her father in a wooded area?
10. What do Ellie and Will talk about as they are floating in the pool?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)