|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Will's father rumored to have done?
(a) Killed his best friend.
(b) Worked as a Soviet spy.
(c) Killed his first wife.
(d) Escaped from a prison camp in Vietnam.
2. What is kept at the history museum in Washington, D. C.?
(a) A book that had been in Ellie's family for generations.
(b) One of the first anagrams ever discovered from ancient Greece.
(c) The sword Ellie's father is writing about.
(d) A rare antique humidor.
3. What does Mr. Morton order Ellie to do?
(a) Give the verbal presentation.
(b) Do the Beowulf poem and "Lady of Shalott."
(c) Meet him Monday morning.
(d) Make Lance write part of the report.
4. What does Ellie think of the school itself?
(a) It's run down.
(b) It's old and ugly.
(c) It's gloomy.
(d) It's wonderful.
5. Who is Cavalier?
(a) Will's screen name.
(b) Lance's nickname.
(c) Ellie's best friend's dog.
(d) Marco's screen name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Geoff when the story opens?
2. Will suggests that Ellie should ______________.
3. Will pulls Ellie to the __________to talk to her.
4. About what does Ellie joke concerning Will's feeling connected to her?
5. Whom was Lancelot dating?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ellie and Will talk about as they are floating in the pool?
2. What does Ellie notice when she runs by a ravine? Why does she think it odd?
3. What do Will and Ellie talk about on the widow's walk?
4. Describe Ellie's encounter with Mr. Morton at the football game.
5. How does Ellie feel at her first day at school?
6. What does Will do when he and Ellie pass a lemonade stand?
7. Why is Ellie running with her father in a wooded area?
8. What happens as the teens prepare to go sailing?
9. Why are Ellie and her parents in Annapolis for a year?
10. Why is Will being pressured by his father?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)