|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Will's father work now?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) Frodor's Publishing.
(c) The Naval Academy.
(d) The Pentagon.
2. After whom is Ellie named?
(a) The Lady of Shalot.
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(c) The Lady of Avalon.
(d) Eleanor of Aquitaine.
3. What poem is Ellie assigned to write a report on for class?
(a) "How Do I Love Thee."
(c) "Sonnet 14."
(d) "The Wasteland."
4. Where does the group go sailing the next day?
(a) Long Island.
5. What does Ellie see at the bottom of the ravine?
(a) A gopher turtle.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A man.
(d) The fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will say about Ellie making the track team?
2. Will suggests that Ellie should ______________.
3. What is Lance doing when Ellie finds him?
4. What is Ellie's screen name?
5. What does Ellie not understand concerning Mr. Morton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Ellie and her parents in Annapolis for a year?
2. How does Ellie find Lance and Jennifer together right before Ellie is leaving the party?
3. What do Will and Ellie talk about on the widow's walk?
4. How does Ellie relate Jennifer, Marco, Will, and Lance to the Arthurian legend?
5. What does Ellie notice when she runs by a ravine? Why does she think it odd?
6. How does Will interact with Ellie's parents?
7. What happens during the football game with Will, Lance, and one of the other team members?
8. What happens as the teens prepare to go sailing?
9. Who does Ellie see on the trail with the man she saw in the ravine?
10. What do Ellie and Will write to each other in emails when Ellie gets home from track tryouts?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)