Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Ellie happy when she observes Jennifer and Will?
(a) Jennifer and Will seem to just be friends.
(b) Jennifer and Will seem happy with each other.
(c) Jennifer is not at the party.
(d) Jennifer and Will do not speak to each other.
2. Where does Will's father work now?
(a) The Naval Academy.
(b) The Pentagon.
(c) Frodor's Publishing.
(d) The New York Times.
3. Why is Will hurt on the field?
(a) He is hit when jumping for a pass.
(b) One of the linemen slips and lets a tackle by.
(c) He is hit when jumping into the end zone.
(d) Lance does not guard him well.
4. What does Ellie think of the school itself?
(a) It's gloomy.
(b) It's wonderful.
(c) It's run down.
(d) It's old and ugly.
5. What kind of songs has Will been listening to in the ravine?
(d) Troubadour music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Will look Ellie up in the school directory?
2. Who is Nancy?
3. What does the Order of the Bear believe?
4. What does Ellie see as she opens her eyes while floating in the pool?
5. What does Liz say makes Ellie part of the in crowd?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as the teens prepare to go sailing?
2. Why does Ellie pull out her school directory?
3. What does Mr. Morton say he is doing? What does he advise Ellie to do?
4. What does Ellie suggest Will do concerning his father pressuring him about the naval academy?
5. Why are Ellie and her parents in Annapolis for a year?
6. Why does Will come over to Ellie's home and why is Ellie happy about that?
7. What does Mrs. Wagner say when she calls Ellie that gets Ellie worried?
8. What happens in the aftermath of the revelation about Lance and Jennifer's relationship?
9. What does Marco tell Ellie about his past and what is her impression of his relationship with Will?
10. How does Ellie feel about what Mr. Morton is doing and what he told her?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)