|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ellie read up on Camelot?
(a) Medieval romance intrigues Ellie.
(b) Ellie's mother is writing a book on the subject.
(c) Will mentions it.
(d) It's part of Ellie's World Literature class.
2. Will pulls Ellie to the __________to talk to her.
(b) Basement family room.
(c) Widow's walk.
(d) Pool room.
3. Jennifer asked Ellie if Will mentioned what item the night before?
(a) A crystal.
(b) The lance.
(c) A stone.
(d) The sword.
4. Why does Ellie decide to go for a run when she gets home from school?
(a) She is going to try out for the track team.
(b) She wants to get Will off her mind.
(c) She is tired of being cooped up indoors.
(d) She is hoping to lose some weight before summer.
5. Why does Mr. Morton yell at Ellie?
(a) She squirts ketchup on him.
(b) She traded off the Beowulf poem.
(c) She accidentally bumps into him.
(d) She refuses to give the poetry report.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Ellie happy when she observes Jennifer and Will?
2. How does Ellie feel about Marco at the end of the evening?
3. What does Ellie see at the bottom of the ravine?
4. What does Ellie leave the bleachers to do?
5. Why is Ellie chatting with Liz after school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ellie pull out her school directory?
2. Describe Ellie's encounter with Mr. Morton at the football game.
3. How does Ellie find Lance and Jennifer together right before Ellie is leaving the party?
4. What do Ellie and Will talk about as they are floating in the pool?
5. What does Marco do that seems to be a deliberate attempt to upset Will?
6. What do Will and Ellie talk about on the widow's walk?
7. Why are Ellie and her parents in Annapolis for a year?
8. What does Marco do that confuses Ellie?
9. What does Ellie notice when she runs by a ravine? Why does she think it odd?
10. How does Ellie relate Jennifer, Marco, Will, and Lance to the Arthurian legend?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)