|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Ellie spot on the trail?
(a) One of the guys from her class.
(b) Her father stopped and stooped over.
(c) A man and a boy and girl.
(d) Her brother Geoff.
2. Where does Will say he just ends up sometimes?
(a) In the ravine.
(b) At the basketball court.
(c) At beautiful girls' houses.
(d) In magical places.
3. What does Will confide to Ellie?
(a) Things have been strange for him lately.
(b) Jennifer broke up with him a few months ago.
(c) His father is missing.
(d) His family is moving at the end of the school year.
4. To what did Admiral Wagner supposedly have his friend assigned?
(a) An assignment on a battle cruiser.
(b) A dangerous war zone.
(c) A backwater naval base in Alaska.
(d) A cushy job at the Pentagon.
5. What is one thing Ellie enjoys doing?
(a) Talking on the phone.
(b) Drifting in the pool.
(c) Creating cryptograms.
(d) Researching antiques for her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Will's father work now?
2. Liz and Stacy think Ellie should try to date ____________.
3. Jennifer asked Ellie if Will mentioned what item the night before?
4. Whom was Lancelot dating?
5. Who is Cavalier?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ellie and Will talk about as they are floating in the pool?
2. How does Will interact with Ellie's parents?
3. How does Ellie find Lance and Jennifer together right before Ellie is leaving the party?
4. What does Ellie notice when she runs by a ravine? Why does she think it odd?
5. How does Ellie relate Jennifer, Marco, Will, and Lance to the Arthurian legend?
6. Why is Ellie running with her father in a wooded area?
7. What gossip does Liz tell Ellie about Will's family?
8. What poem is initially assigned to Ellie in class? How does she get a different one?
9. Why are Ellie and her parents in Annapolis for a year?
10. Why does Ellie pull out her school directory?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)