|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Will's father rumored to have done?
(a) Worked as a Soviet spy.
(b) Escaped from a prison camp in Vietnam.
(c) Killed his best friend.
(d) Killed his first wife.
2. What does Ellie's mother quote at dinner?
(a) "The Lady of Shalott."
(b) "The Charge of the Light Brigade."
(c) "The Raven."
3. Why is Ellie running with her father in the woods?
(a) They are chasing their Boston terrier.
(b) They are trying to catch up to the neighborhood people in the run program.
(c) They are chasing a fox.
(d) She is supporting his exercise routine.
4. Will pulls Ellie to the __________to talk to her.
(b) Basement family room.
(c) Widow's walk.
(d) Pool room.
5. What does Ellie do in anticipation of attending the game and party at Will's house?
(a) Has her hair streaked.
(b) Has her hair permed.
(c) Tries to dress glamorously.
(d) Buys a new pair of jeans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie remember as she is about to leave Will's party?
2. Why was Marco Campbell kicked out of school the year before?
3. Why is Will hurt on the field?
4. What does Ellie leave the bleachers to do?
5. Whom was Lancelot dating?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ellie's encounter with Mr. Morton at the football game.
2. Why does Ellie pull out her school directory?
3. What does Jennifer want when Ellie talks to her at Ellie's locker?
4. What happens during the football game with Will, Lance, and one of the other team members?
5. How does Ellie feel about Marco after Will has left the two of them in the hall?
6. What does Ellie notice when she runs by a ravine? Why does she think it odd?
7. What does Marco do that confuses Ellie?
8. Why is Ellie running with her father in a wooded area?
9. How does Ellie feel at her first day at school?
10. Summarize what Ellie says about the Arthurian legend.
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)