|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie's mother quote at dinner?
(a) "The Charge of the Light Brigade."
(b) "The Raven."
(c) "The Lady of Shalott."
2. What does Mr. Morton order Ellie to do?
(a) Make Lance write part of the report.
(b) Do the Beowulf poem and "Lady of Shalott."
(c) Meet him Monday morning.
(d) Give the verbal presentation.
3. Why does Ellie decide to go for a run when she gets home from school?
(a) She is hoping to lose some weight before summer.
(b) She is going to try out for the track team.
(c) She wants to get Will off her mind.
(d) She is tired of being cooped up indoors.
4. Why is Will hurt on the field?
(a) Lance does not guard him well.
(b) One of the linemen slips and lets a tackle by.
(c) He is hit when jumping for a pass.
(d) He is hit when jumping into the end zone.
5. What does Ellie talk Liz and Stacy into doing after the game?
(a) Going out for pizza.
(b) Going to Will's pool party.
(c) Going to a late-night matinee at the movies.
(d) Spending the night at her house that night.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Lance talking on the sidelines?
2. Where are Ellie and her parents living at the opening of the story?
3. What is Will's father rumored to have done?
4. What does Ellie feel as she is running?
5. Why does Ellie read up on Camelot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ellie and Will write to each other in emails when Ellie gets home from track tryouts?
2. How does Ellie relate Jennifer, Marco, Will, and Lance to the Arthurian legend?
3. Why are Ellie and her parents in Annapolis for a year?
4. Why is Will being pressured by his father?
5. What does Will do when he and Ellie pass a lemonade stand?
6. What happens during the football game with Will, Lance, and one of the other team members?
7. Why does Ellie pull out her school directory?
8. Summarize what Ellie says about the Arthurian legend.
9. What poem is initially assigned to Ellie in class? How does she get a different one?
10. What does Ellie notice when she runs by a ravine? Why does she think it odd?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)