|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jennifer asked Ellie if Will mentioned what item the night before?
(a) The sword.
(b) A crystal.
(c) A stone.
(d) The lance.
2. What does Ellie do in anticipation of attending the game and party at Will's house?
(a) Has her hair permed.
(b) Buys a new pair of jeans.
(c) Tries to dress glamorously.
(d) Has her hair streaked.
3. Where is Geoff when the story opens?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) In the Army.
(c) Away at college.
(d) At a swim meet.
4. What does Ellie not understand concerning Mr. Morton?
(a) He would care which poem she analyzed.
(b) He would yell at her at a football game.
(c) He knows so much about her.
(d) He is mad at her, but not Lance.
5. Who is Cavalier?
(a) Lance's nickname.
(b) Will's screen name.
(c) Marco's screen name.
(d) Ellie's best friend's dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Will say he just ends up sometimes?
2. How does Ellie interpret all of Will's friendly gestures?
3. What is kept at the history museum in Washington, D. C.?
4. What does Ellie observe about Marco?
5. How long has Ellie known Liz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jennifer want when Ellie talks to her at Ellie's locker?
2. What does Will do when he and Ellie pass a lemonade stand?
3. How does Ellie feel about Marco after Will has left the two of them in the hall?
4. What does Marco do that confuses Ellie?
5. What does Ellie notice when she runs by a ravine? Why does she think it odd?
6. Describe Ellie's encounter with Mr. Morton at the football game.
7. Why does Ellie pull out her school directory?
8. What do Ellie and Will talk about as they are floating in the pool?
9. How does Ellie find Lance and Jennifer together right before Ellie is leaving the party?
10. Summarize what Ellie says about the Arthurian legend.
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)