|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie think of the school itself?
(a) It's run down.
(b) It's gloomy.
(c) It's old and ugly.
(d) It's wonderful.
2. What does Will say about Ellie making the track team?
(a) Ellie needs to watch her back with Liz.
(b) Ellie will be a real asset to them.
(c) Ellie needs to watch her back with Stacy.
(d) Ellie made the team because of her looks.
3. What is kept at the history museum in Washington, D. C.?
(a) One of the first anagrams ever discovered from ancient Greece.
(b) A rare antique humidor.
(c) The sword Ellie's father is writing about.
(d) A book that had been in Ellie's family for generations.
4. What poem does Ellie trade with someone else so she does not have to do the one assigned her?
(a) "The Lovesong of J. Alfred Prufrock."
(b) "Sonnet 46."
(c) "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner."
(d) "The Lady of Shalot."
5. What does Ellie wonder about what she saw at the bottom of the ravine?
(a) If the gopher can get up the steep banks of the ravine.
(b) If that is the same fox she and her father saw earlier.
(c) How the man got down there without a machete.
(d) If that might be brier rabbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poem is Ellie assigned to write a report on for class?
2. To what did Admiral Wagner supposedly have his friend assigned?
3. What does Marco invite Ellie to do the next day?
4. About what is Ellie's father writing a book?
5. Why is Ellie chatting with Liz after school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ellie running with her father in a wooded area?
2. Who does Ellie see on the trail with the man she saw in the ravine?
3. Describe Ellie's encounter with Mr. Morton at the football game.
4. What happens as the teens prepare to go sailing?
5. What happens during the football game with Will, Lance, and one of the other team members?
6. What does Ellie notice when she runs by a ravine? Why does she think it odd?
7. Why is Will being pressured by his father?
8. What gossip does Liz tell Ellie about Will's family?
9. Why are Ellie and her parents in Annapolis for a year?
10. How does Ellie find Lance and Jennifer together right before Ellie is leaving the party?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)