|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ellie think is nice?
(a) Will's father but not his step-mother.
(b) Will's younger sister.
(c) Will's step-mother but not his father.
(d) Will's father and step-mother.
2. How does Will answer Ellie's question?
(a) He lives in the country about five miles out of town.
(b) He does not want to talk about Jennifer.
(c) He came over because Ellie intrigues him.
(d) He is home schooled.
3. What does Will say about Ellie making the track team?
(a) Ellie made the team because of her looks.
(b) Ellie needs to watch her back with Liz.
(c) Ellie will be a real asset to them.
(d) Ellie needs to watch her back with Stacy.
4. What does Ellie see at the bottom of the ravine?
(a) A man.
(b) The fox.
(c) A gopher turtle.
(d) A rabbit.
5. What does Mr. Morton order Ellie to do?
(a) Make Lance write part of the report.
(b) Do the Beowulf poem and "Lady of Shalott."
(c) Meet him Monday morning.
(d) Give the verbal presentation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie see as she opens her eyes while floating in the pool?
2. What does Ellie's mother invite Will to do?
3. Why did Will look Ellie up in the school directory?
4. Why does Mr. Morton yell at Ellie?
5. What does Marco invite Ellie to do the next day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation Ellie and Will have about Marco and about the Darkness.
2. Why does Mr. Morton say Ellie cannot help the situation?
3. Who does Ellie see on the trail with the man she saw in the ravine?
4. What does Marco do when he arrives?
5. What does Jennifer say about Ellie and Will?
6. What does Ellie face when she arrives at Mr. Morton's apartment? What does she do
7. What happens as the teens prepare to go sailing?
8. What do Will and Ellie talk about on the widow's walk?
9. What does Ellie realize about the story about Arthur's birth and the gossip about Will's family?
10. What does Mrs. Wagner say when she calls Ellie that gets Ellie worried?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)