|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what did Admiral Wagner supposedly have his friend assigned?
(a) A backwater naval base in Alaska.
(b) An assignment on a battle cruiser.
(c) A cushy job at the Pentagon.
(d) A dangerous war zone.
2. Jennifer asked Ellie if Will mentioned what item the night before?
(a) A stone.
(b) A crystal.
(c) The lance.
(d) The sword.
3. What does Ellie talk Liz and Stacy into doing after the game?
(a) Going to Will's pool party.
(b) Spending the night at her house that night.
(c) Going out for pizza.
(d) Going to a late-night matinee at the movies.
4. What does Ellie wonder about what she saw at the bottom of the ravine?
(a) If that might be brier rabbit.
(b) If the gopher can get up the steep banks of the ravine.
(c) How the man got down there without a machete.
(d) If that is the same fox she and her father saw earlier.
5. What does Will confide to Ellie?
(a) His family is moving at the end of the school year.
(b) His father is missing.
(c) Things have been strange for him lately.
(d) Jennifer broke up with him a few months ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Morton order Ellie to do?
2. Why does Mr. Morton yell at Ellie?
3. What does Ellie leave the bleachers to do?
4. What does Ellie think of the school itself?
5. Where does Will say he just ends up sometimes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ellie and Will talk about as they are floating in the pool?
2. What does Marco do that confuses Ellie?
3. Why are Ellie and her parents in Annapolis for a year?
4. How does Ellie feel at her first day at school?
5. How does Will interact with Ellie's parents?
6. What happens as the teens prepare to go sailing?
7. Who does Ellie see on the trail with the man she saw in the ravine?
8. How does Ellie feel about Marco after Will has left the two of them in the hall?
9. How does Ellie find Lance and Jennifer together right before Ellie is leaving the party?
10. What do Will and Ellie talk about on the widow's walk?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)