|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Ellie spot on the trail?
(a) Her brother Geoff.
(b) One of the guys from her class.
(c) A man and a boy and girl.
(d) Her father stopped and stooped over.
2. What does Mr. Morton order Ellie to do?
(a) Make Lance write part of the report.
(b) Meet him Monday morning.
(c) Give the verbal presentation.
(d) Do the Beowulf poem and "Lady of Shalott."
3. How does Ellie interpret all of Will's friendly gestures?
(a) As friendship.
(b) He is not that friendly to her.
(c) As nervousness.
(d) As flirting.
4. What does Will confide to Ellie?
(a) His father is missing.
(b) Jennifer broke up with him a few months ago.
(c) His family is moving at the end of the school year.
(d) Things have been strange for him lately.
5. What does Ellie's mother quote at dinner?
(b) "The Raven."
(c) "The Lady of Shalott."
(d) "The Charge of the Light Brigade."
Short Answer Questions
1. Jennifer asked Ellie if Will mentioned what item the night before?
2. Who does Ellie think is nice?
3. Will suggests that Ellie should ______________.
4. What is Ellie's screen name?
5. What is Will's father rumored to have done?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Will come over to Ellie's home and why is Ellie happy about that?
2. What question does Marco scream at his mother? What does he do after she replies?
3. How does Will avoid being shot and what happens when he holds the sword?
4. Why does Mr. Morton say Ellie cannot help the situation?
5. Why is Ellie running with her father in a wooded area?
6. What does Mr. Morton say about how he found Ellie in the ravine and about who he thinks she is?
7. What does Ellie suggest Will do concerning his father pressuring him about the naval academy?
8. What does Jennifer say about Ellie and Will?
9. What does Marco tell Ellie about his past and what is her impression of his relationship with Will?
10. What do Ellie and Jennifer talk about in the girls' bathroom?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)