|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poem is Ellie assigned to write a report on for class?
(a) "Sonnet 14."
(c) "How Do I Love Thee."
(d) "The Wasteland."
2. What is one thing Ellie enjoys doing?
(a) Talking on the phone.
(b) Researching antiques for her father.
(c) Drifting in the pool.
(d) Creating cryptograms.
3. Where does Will say he just ends up sometimes?
(a) In magical places.
(b) In the ravine.
(c) At beautiful girls' houses.
(d) At the basketball court.
4. What does Ellie wonder about what she saw at the bottom of the ravine?
(a) How the man got down there without a machete.
(b) If the gopher can get up the steep banks of the ravine.
(c) If that might be brier rabbit.
(d) If that is the same fox she and her father saw earlier.
5. What does Mr. Morton order Ellie to do?
(a) Give the verbal presentation.
(b) Make Lance write part of the report.
(c) Meet him Monday morning.
(d) Do the Beowulf poem and "Lady of Shalott."
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Ellie happy when she observes Jennifer and Will?
2. How long has Ellie known Liz?
3. What does Ellie talk Liz and Stacy into doing after the game?
4. What kind of songs has Will been listening to in the ravine?
5. Whom was Lancelot dating?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ellie's encounter with Mr. Morton at the football game.
2. What do Will and Ellie talk about on the widow's walk?
3. What poem is initially assigned to Ellie in class? How does she get a different one?
4. How does Ellie find Lance and Jennifer together right before Ellie is leaving the party?
5. How does Ellie feel about Marco after Will has left the two of them in the hall?
6. How does Ellie feel at her first day at school?
7. What does Marco do that seems to be a deliberate attempt to upset Will?
8. What do Ellie and Will talk about as they are floating in the pool?
9. What does Will do when he and Ellie pass a lemonade stand?
10. Why is Ellie running with her father in a wooded area?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)