|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lance ask Ellie to do that evening?
(a) Call Lance.
(b) Go to dinner.
(c) Call Jennifer.
(d) Go sailing.
2. What does Ellie discover when she starts to get out of the pool later that afternoon?
(a) Jennifer and Lance are standing there.
(b) Will is standing there.
(c) She is crying.
(d) Lance is standing there.
3. Why does Mr. Morton say Ellie cannot help Will?
(a) She was assigned to help Marco turn to the light.
(b) She is responsible for helping Lance.
(c) She did not know Arthur in her past life.
(d) She came into the situation too late.
4. What does Ellie think as she watches Jennifer re-apply Jennifer's make-up?
(a) Jennifer seems to want the best for all people involved.
(b) How beautiful Jennifer is.
(c) Jennifer is selfish.
(d) Jennifer never really loved Will.
5. How is Will's dog similar to King Arthur's dog?
(a) Both are the same breed.
(b) King Arthur's dog was named Cavell and Will's dog is Cavalier.
(c) Both dogs are named after the men's grandfathers.
(d) There is not discernible relation.
6. What does Ellie not believe of what Mr. Morton tells her?
(a) Arthur must fulfill his destiny, or he will become evil.
(b) Forces of darkness are stronger than those of light.
(c) Arthur's only purpose is to kill Mordred once and for all.
(d) Darkness has killed Arthur's every incarnation.
7. Why did Marco once attack Mr. Morton?
(a) Mr. Morton said something bad about Will.
(b) Mr. Morton insults Marco's mother.
(c) Mr. Morton tried to get Marco to see the light.
(d) Mr. Morton insults Marco's father.
8. What does Mr. Morton think is going to happen to Will?
(a) He will never live up to his potential.
(b) He will become a corrupt politician.
(c) He will die.
(d) He will fade into obscurity
9. Why does Ellie want to have a private conversation with Lance?
(a) To ask him for his help with her new lit assignment.
(b) To tell him about Marco.
(c) To ask him about Will's family history.
(d) To talk to him about Mr. Morton and Jennifer.
10. Why does Will go into the water?
(a) To show off to Ellie.
(b) To rescue a kid from the smaller boat.
(c) To cool off.
(d) To get away from Marco.
11. What does Ellie learn about Will's name?
(a) It is spelled in the old English way.
(b) The "A" in his name stands for "Arthur."
(c) The name has been in every generation.
(d) It is not his birth name.
12. Why is the Beltway closed?
(a) A bad accident.
(b) Road re-surfacing.
(c) Fallen electrical wires.
(d) A tornado tore up part of it.
13. What has Will told Jennifer that she believes he is sincere in saying?
(a) Lance deserves to be with someone good.
(b) Will is not the right guy for Jennifer.
(c) Jennifer deserves to be with whomever she loves.
(d) Will is happy for Jennifer and Lance.
14. What does Mr. Morton say about Ellie's role in all this?
(a) It was over before she had a chance to make a difference.
(b) She has no role in it.
(c) She may yet have a role, but it's unlikely.
(d) Her role is yet to be determined.
15. What happens when Lance tries to engage Marco in a fight?
(a) Marco punches Lance and throws him over the side.
(b) Will holds Lance back.
(c) Lance pushes Marco over the side.
(d) Jennifer holds Lance back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Will ignorant that everyone else knows?
2. What does Ellie ask Mr. Morton?
3. How does Jennifer think her social life would be easier?
4. What does Mr. Morton suggest Ellie may want to do?
5. What does Ellie suddenly understand about Jennifer's feelings towards Will and Lance?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)