|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Lady of Shalott do when the man she loves rejects her?
(a) Kills herself.
(b) Finds solace in a nunnery.
(c) Kills him.
(d) Kills both him and herself.
2. Why is Ellie furious with Mr. Morton?
(a) For leaving Will defenseless.
(b) For spreading rumors.
(c) For thinking only of himself.
(d) For believing such nonsense.
3. What does Mr. Morton suggest Ellie may want to do?
(a) Call her parents immediately.
(b) Stay away from Will and Marco.
(c) Get out of town for awhile.
(d) Go to Nebraska early.
4. Who is Prydwyn?
(a) King Arthur's ship.
(b) King Arthur's favorite hound.
(c) King Arthur's sister.
(d) King Arthur's adviser.
5. What does Ellie tell Mr. Morton she is unwilling to do?
(a) Believe the worse of Lance and Jennifer.
(b) Give up on Will.
(c) Believe Marco cannot change.
(d) Let some obscure legend contol her fate.
6. How does Mr. Morton respond to what Ellie tells him?
(a) He looks as though he is going to have a heart attack.
(b) He calls Lance a rat.
(c) He says he will talk to them all.
(d) He is jovial.
7. Why does Jennifer like being with Lance?
(a) Lance understands Jennifer better than Will.
(b) Lance is simpler than Will.
(c) Lance treats her like she's really special.
(d) Lance accepts her unconditionally.
8. What does Ellie intuitively know about Mr. Morton?
(a) He is connected to the Order of the Bear.
(b) He may have been Marco's father in another life.
(c) He has a role in the entire drama also.
(d) He may have been Arthur's father in another life.
9. What does Ellie pick up to take with her to the ravine?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) A first aid kit.
(c) A sword.
(d) A hammer.
10. What does Will say about Lance and Jennifer that surprises Ellie?
(a) He loves both Lance and Jennifer and will forgive them.
(b) Once he met Ellie, he no longer cared.
(c) At some level he already knew about Lance and Jennifer.
(d) He will never forgive Lance and Jennifer.
11. What does Mr. Morton think is going to happen to Will?
(a) He will become a corrupt politician.
(b) He will never live up to his potential.
(c) He will die.
(d) He will fade into obscurity
12. What does Jennifer say about Marco?
(a) He is a liar.
(b) He is nothing.
(c) He is a coward.
(d) He is intent on hurting everyone around him.
13. Why does Mr. Morton say Ellie cannot help Will?
(a) She is responsible for helping Lance.
(b) She was assigned to help Marco turn to the light.
(c) She came into the situation too late.
(d) She did not know Arthur in her past life.
14. Why did Marco once attack Mr. Morton?
(a) Mr. Morton tried to get Marco to see the light.
(b) Mr. Morton insults Marco's father.
(c) Mr. Morton said something bad about Will.
(d) Mr. Morton insults Marco's mother.
15. Why does Mr. Morton say he was teaching at the school?
(a) He was assigned to protect Ellie.
(b) He was assigned to watch Lance.
(c) He was assigned to protect Jennifer.
(d) He was assigned to watch Will.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Morton characterize Marco?
2. Where does Mr. Morton intend to go?
3. What does Mrs. Wagner say about Will?
4. What does Marco say about his life before his mother married Will's father?
5. What does Marco do when they spot some poor kids in a battered boat?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)