|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Will ignorant that everyone else knows?
(a) What Marco is going to say next.
(b) Will is the bunt of a joke going around the school.
(c) Marco truly hates Will.
(d) Lance has told Jennifer they cannot be together.
2. What does Ellie think as she watches Jennifer re-apply Jennifer's make-up?
(a) Jennifer is selfish.
(b) How beautiful Jennifer is.
(c) Jennifer never really loved Will.
(d) Jennifer seems to want the best for all people involved.
3. Why is Jennifer crying in one of the bathroom stalls?
(a) Marco is spreading rumors about her.
(b) Lance broke up with her.
(c) She feels persecuted by everyone.
(d) Will won't talk to her.
4. What does Ellie suggest Will do to communicate his desires to his father?
(a) Write a letter to his father.
(b) Show his father some of his photographs.
(c) Ask his stepmom for support and to talk with his father.
(d) Show his father why Will is interested in past civilizations.
5. How does Marco explain his actions with the sailboat?
(a) He was just playing cat and mouse.
(b) He was angry that Will would not let him captain the boat.
(c) He was trying to relieve the tension on the boat.
(d) He was angry at one of the kids on the smaller boat who had insulted Marco the day before.
6. What does Lance ask Ellie to do that evening?
(a) Call Lance.
(b) Call Jennifer.
(c) Go sailing.
(d) Go to dinner.
7. What does Mrs. Wagner say is missing from their home?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A money cache.
(c) Marco's laptop and some of his clothes.
(d) Will's laptop and some of his clothes.
8. How does Mr. Morton characterize Marco?
(a) As misguided.
(b) As eternally evil.
(c) As the fulcrum.
(d) As a victim of fate.
9. What is Jennifer's reaction to Will going in the water?
(a) She is worried for him.
(b) She thinks he is heroic.
(c) She thinks he is nuts.
(d) She is angry at his showing off.
10. What does Ellie say that makes Jennifer cry harder?
(a) Jennifer and Lance were made for each other.
(b) Will is going to be fine someday.
(c) Will is not angry with Lance and Jennifer.
(d) Will is capable of handing the situation like an adult.
11. Where does Mr. Morton intend to go?
12. What has Will told Jennifer that she believes he is sincere in saying?
(a) Will is not the right guy for Jennifer.
(b) Jennifer deserves to be with whomever she loves.
(c) Lance deserves to be with someone good.
(d) Will is happy for Jennifer and Lance.
13. What does Marco do when the police arrive?
(a) Slaps his mother.
(b) Jumps out the school window.
(c) Tries to take Mr. Morton hostage.
(d) Lies on the floor crying.
14. What does Marco do when Ellie tells him the meeting is none of his business?
(a) He shoves Ellie aside.
(b) He stands there with her waiting for them to be done.
(c) He says it is his business.
(d) He slaps Ellie.
15. What does Ellie ask Mr. Morton?
(a) If Will was Arthur in another life.
(b) If Marco was Mordred in another life.
(c) If his response has anything to do with the Lily Maid of Astolot.
(d) If Mr. Morton belongs to the Order of the Bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie think about when she goes to the girl's bathroom at school?
2. Why does Will not want to go to the naval academy?
3. What does Jennifer say about Marco?
4. Why does Ellie want to have a private conversation with Lance?
5. How does Mr. Morton respond to what Ellie tells him?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)