|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is accompanying Mr. Morton when he comes into the school?
(a) Will's father.
(b) Two Order of the Bear members.
(c) No one.
(d) Mrs. Wagner.
2. What does Ellie pick up to take with her to the ravine?
(a) A first aid kit.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) A sword.
(d) A hammer.
3. Where are Ellie's parents?
(a) They are at home working.
(b) The are both at the library.
(c) They have gone to Washington, D. C.
(d) They are at Ellie's aunt's house.
4. Where do the police take Ellie?
(a) To the principal's office.
(c) To jail.
(d) The station.
5. What does Mrs. Wagner want when she calls?
(a) She is afraid that Will has left home.
(b) She thanks Ellie for trying to help that morning.
(c) She is worried about Marco.
(d) She is looking for Will.
6. What does Ellie tell Mr. Morton she is unwilling to do?
(a) Believe the worse of Lance and Jennifer.
(b) Believe Marco cannot change.
(c) Give up on Will.
(d) Let some obscure legend contol her fate.
7. What does Mrs. Wagner say is missing from their home?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A money cache.
(c) Marco's laptop and some of his clothes.
(d) Will's laptop and some of his clothes.
8. What has Will told Jennifer that she believes he is sincere in saying?
(a) Will is happy for Jennifer and Lance.
(b) Lance deserves to be with someone good.
(c) Will is not the right guy for Jennifer.
(d) Jennifer deserves to be with whomever she loves.
9. Mr. Morton says Marco is ______________.
(a) Uther Pendragon.
10. When does Lance arrive for the appointment with Mr. Morton?
(a) He meets Ellie in the parking lot and they walk in together.
(b) Before Ellie gets there.
(c) He does not show.
(d) He comes in a few minutes late.
11. Why does Will go into the water?
(a) To rescue a kid from the smaller boat.
(b) To get away from Marco.
(c) To cool off.
(d) To show off to Ellie.
12. What does Jennifer say Will has expressed a desire to do lately?
(a) Quit the football team.
(b) Leave home.
(c) Go to Annapolis Naval Academy.
(d) Finish high school in Vermont.
13. What does Jennifer say about Marco?
(a) He is a liar.
(b) He is nothing.
(c) He is a coward.
(d) He is intent on hurting everyone around him.
14. What does Mr. Morton say about Ellie's role in all this?
(a) Her role is yet to be determined.
(b) It was over before she had a chance to make a difference.
(c) She has no role in it.
(d) She may yet have a role, but it's unlikely.
15. How does Marco seem to feel about Will?
(a) Marco seems to adore Will.
(b) Marco looks up to Will.
(c) Marco seems indifferent to Will.
(d) Marco seems to resent Will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marco do when Ellie tells him the meeting is none of his business?
2. What does Marco do when they spot some poor kids in a battered boat?
3. Who is Prydwyn?
4. What does Ellie discover when she starts to get out of the pool later that afternoon?
5. To what does Mr. Morton think Will is now vulnerable?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)