|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Wagner say about Will?
(a) She is his mother.
(b) She loves him like she loves her own son.
(c) She could be his mother.
(d) She only met Will when he was a young toddler.
2. When does Lance arrive for the appointment with Mr. Morton?
(a) He does not show.
(b) He comes in a few minutes late.
(c) Before Ellie gets there.
(d) He meets Ellie in the parking lot and they walk in together.
3. Where do the police take Ellie?
(a) To jail.
(b) To the principal's office.
(c) The station.
4. Why does Mr. Morton say he was teaching at the school?
(a) He was assigned to protect Jennifer.
(b) He was assigned to watch Lance.
(c) He was assigned to watch Will.
(d) He was assigned to protect Ellie.
5. What does Marco ask Ellie?
(a) Who Ellie is protecting.
(b) Who Ellie thinks is the poor friend.
(c) Who Ellie likes.
(d) Why Ellie is even there.
6. What is the name of Will's boat?
(a) Pride Winn.
(c) The Pride of My Eye.
7. What does Mrs. Wagner want when she calls?
(a) She is looking for Will.
(b) She is afraid that Will has left home.
(c) She is worried about Marco.
(d) She thanks Ellie for trying to help that morning.
8. Where does Mr. Morton intend to go?
9. What does Ellie tell Mr. Morton she is unwilling to do?
(a) Believe the worse of Lance and Jennifer.
(b) Let some obscure legend contol her fate.
(c) Give up on Will.
(d) Believe Marco cannot change.
10. With whom was the Lady of Shalott in love?
11. What does Ellie suddenly understand about Jennifer's feelings towards Will and Lance?
(a) Jennifer is in love with Lance but will always love Will.
(b) Jennifer is in love with both guys.
(c) Jennifer does not really know how she feels.
(d) Jennifer is just superficially infatuated with Lance.
12. Why does the driver of the smaller boat make a sharp turn?
(a) To demonstrate the smaller boat's capability.
(b) To avoid being hit by the sailboat.
(c) To avoid grounding on a sandbar.
(d) To avoid a bouy.
13. Why does Will not want to go to the naval academy?
(a) He believes in peace and negotiation.
(b) He wants to be an archeologist.
(c) He wants to be a photographer.
(d) He wants to go into the Coast Guard.
14. Of what is Will ignorant that everyone else knows?
(a) Will is the bunt of a joke going around the school.
(b) Marco truly hates Will.
(c) Lance has told Jennifer they cannot be together.
(d) What Marco is going to say next.
15. What does Mrs. Wagner say is missing from their home?
(a) Marco's laptop and some of his clothes.
(b) A money cache.
(c) A pistol.
(d) Will's laptop and some of his clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie pick up to take with her to the ravine?
2. What does Ellie think as she watches Jennifer re-apply Jennifer's make-up?
3. Why did Marco once attack Mr. Morton?
4. What does Ellie say when Will asks her about her knowledge of Jennifer and Lance?
5. What is happening when Ellie goes inside her house?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)