|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie say that makes Jennifer cry harder?
(a) Will is going to be fine someday.
(b) Will is capable of handing the situation like an adult.
(c) Jennifer and Lance were made for each other.
(d) Will is not angry with Lance and Jennifer.
2. What does Marco call Lance?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A back stabber.
(c) Will's lapdog.
(d) A jerk.
3. What amazes Will about Jennifer's family?
(a) They respect each other's individuality.
(b) They are down to earth.
(c) They have such an easy relationship.
(d) They accept him so easily.
4. Why does Will not want to go to the naval academy?
(a) He wants to be an archeologist.
(b) He believes in peace and negotiation.
(c) He wants to go into the Coast Guard.
(d) He wants to be a photographer.
5. What does Will do after Marco is out of the conference room?
(a) Shoves his way out the door.
(b) Jumps out the window after Marco.
(c) Curses his step mother.
(d) Curses Mr. Morton.
6. What does Marco finally say clearly out loud?
(a) Jennifer and Lance have been in love for months.
(b) Will's father took Will's affection away from Will.
(c) Will's father killed Marco's father.
(d) Will beat him out of his inheritance.
7. What does Ellie say when Will asks her about her knowledge of Jennifer and Lance?
(a) She suspected but did not have any proof.
(b) She did not know anything.
(c) She felt it wasn't her business.
(d) She knew about them.
8. What does Mrs. Wagner say is missing from their home?
(a) Will's laptop and some of his clothes.
(b) A money cache.
(c) Marco's laptop and some of his clothes.
(d) A pistol.
9. What does Mrs. Wagner want when she calls?
(a) She is worried about Marco.
(b) She thanks Ellie for trying to help that morning.
(c) She is looking for Will.
(d) She is afraid that Will has left home.
10. To what does Mr. Morton think Will is now vulnerable?
(a) Committing suicide.
(b) Becoming evil.
(c) Being depressed.
(d) Ignoring his destiny.
11. What does Marco ask Ellie?
(a) Why Ellie is even there.
(b) Who Ellie is protecting.
(c) Who Ellie thinks is the poor friend.
(d) Who Ellie likes.
12. What does Mr. Morton say about Ellie's role in all this?
(a) She has no role in it.
(b) She may yet have a role, but it's unlikely.
(c) It was over before she had a chance to make a difference.
(d) Her role is yet to be determined.
13. Why does Mr. Morton say he was teaching at the school?
(a) He was assigned to watch Lance.
(b) He was assigned to watch Will.
(c) He was assigned to protect Ellie.
(d) He was assigned to protect Jennifer.
14. What has Will told Jennifer that she believes he is sincere in saying?
(a) Lance deserves to be with someone good.
(b) Jennifer deserves to be with whomever she loves.
(c) Will is happy for Jennifer and Lance.
(d) Will is not the right guy for Jennifer.
15. What happens when Lance tries to engage Marco in a fight?
(a) Marco punches Lance and throws him over the side.
(b) Lance pushes Marco over the side.
(c) Jennifer holds Lance back.
(d) Will holds Lance back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the driver of the smaller boat make a sharp turn?
2. Why does Jennifer like being with Lance?
3. What does Ellie learn about Will's name?
4. How is Will's dog similar to King Arthur's dog?
5. How does Mr. Morton respond to what Ellie tells him?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)