|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jennifer crying in one of the bathroom stalls?
(a) She feels persecuted by everyone.
(b) Marco is spreading rumors about her.
(c) Will won't talk to her.
(d) Lance broke up with her.
2. What does Ellie pick up to take with her to the ravine?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A first aid kit.
(c) A sword.
(d) A flashlight.
3. What does Mr. Morton suggest Ellie may want to do?
(a) Get out of town for awhile.
(b) Call her parents immediately.
(c) Go to Nebraska early.
(d) Stay away from Will and Marco.
4. What does Ellie encounter when she arrives at Mr. Morton's apartment?
(a) A teacher holding a frying pan.
(b) The place is empty.
(c) Several police cars.
(d) An ambulance.
5. When does Lance arrive for the appointment with Mr. Morton?
(a) He does not show.
(b) He meets Ellie in the parking lot and they walk in together.
(c) He comes in a few minutes late.
(d) Before Ellie gets there.
6. What does Marco do when the police arrive?
(a) Jumps out the school window.
(b) Tries to take Mr. Morton hostage.
(c) Slaps his mother.
(d) Lies on the floor crying.
7. What does Ellie think as she watches Jennifer re-apply Jennifer's make-up?
(a) Jennifer is selfish.
(b) Jennifer never really loved Will.
(c) How beautiful Jennifer is.
(d) Jennifer seems to want the best for all people involved.
8. What does Ellie say that makes Jennifer cry harder?
(a) Will is going to be fine someday.
(b) Jennifer and Lance were made for each other.
(c) Will is not angry with Lance and Jennifer.
(d) Will is capable of handing the situation like an adult.
9. What does Ellie discover when she starts to get out of the pool later that afternoon?
(a) Lance is standing there.
(b) Jennifer and Lance are standing there.
(c) Will is standing there.
(d) She is crying.
10. What does Ellie think about when she goes to the girl's bathroom at school?
(a) If she is losing her sanity.
(b) If Will could really be a reincarnation of King Arthur.
(c) What her role might be in this madness.
(d) Why there is a need for King Arthur in this age.
11. Why does Ellie spend the rest of first period in the bathroom?
(a) To stop crying.
(b) To talk on the phone with her mother.
(c) To talk to Jennifer privately.
(d) To avoid hall monitors.
12. What is the name of Will's boat?
(a) Pride Winn.
(b) The Pride of My Eye.
13. What has Will told Jennifer that she believes he is sincere in saying?
(a) Will is happy for Jennifer and Lance.
(b) Lance deserves to be with someone good.
(c) Will is not the right guy for Jennifer.
(d) Jennifer deserves to be with whomever she loves.
14. What does Marco finally say clearly out loud?
(a) Jennifer and Lance have been in love for months.
(b) Will's father took Will's affection away from Will.
(c) Will's father killed Marco's father.
(d) Will beat him out of his inheritance.
15. Why does Mr. Morton say Ellie cannot help Will?
(a) She came into the situation too late.
(b) She was assigned to help Marco turn to the light.
(c) She is responsible for helping Lance.
(d) She did not know Arthur in her past life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marco explain his actions with the sailboat?
2. Of what is Will ignorant that everyone else knows?
3. What does Marco say about his life before his mother married Will's father?
4. What happens to Ellie when Will holds his hand?
5. What does Mrs. Wagner want when she calls?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)