|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jennifer say Will has expressed a desire to do lately?
(a) Leave home.
(b) Go to Annapolis Naval Academy.
(c) Finish high school in Vermont.
(d) Quit the football team.
2. How does Marco explain his actions with the sailboat?
(a) He was trying to relieve the tension on the boat.
(b) He was angry that Will would not let him captain the boat.
(c) He was just playing cat and mouse.
(d) He was angry at one of the kids on the smaller boat who had insulted Marco the day before.
3. What does Marco do when Ellie tells him the meeting is none of his business?
(a) He says it is his business.
(b) He stands there with her waiting for them to be done.
(c) He shoves Ellie aside.
(d) He slaps Ellie.
4. What amazes Will about Jennifer's family?
(a) They are down to earth.
(b) They accept him so easily.
(c) They respect each other's individuality.
(d) They have such an easy relationship.
5. What does Marco ask Ellie?
(a) Why Ellie is even there.
(b) Who Ellie is protecting.
(c) Who Ellie likes.
(d) Who Ellie thinks is the poor friend.
6. What does Marco do when they spot some poor kids in a battered boat?
(a) Waves at them and jokes about racing.
(b) Yells at them to get their junk off the water.
(c) Turns the sailboat towards their boat.
(d) Ignores them.
7. Of what is Will ignorant that everyone else knows?
(a) Lance has told Jennifer they cannot be together.
(b) Marco truly hates Will.
(c) What Marco is going to say next.
(d) Will is the bunt of a joke going around the school.
8. Why does Jennifer like being with Lance?
(a) Lance understands Jennifer better than Will.
(b) Lance is simpler than Will.
(c) Lance treats her like she's really special.
(d) Lance accepts her unconditionally.
9. What does Marco do when the police arrive?
(a) Jumps out the school window.
(b) Tries to take Mr. Morton hostage.
(c) Slaps his mother.
(d) Lies on the floor crying.
10. How does Ellie's mother describe the members of the Order of the Bear?
(a) People with too much time on their hands.
(c) Misguided history buffs.
11. How does Mr. Morton characterize Marco?
(a) As eternally evil.
(b) As a victim of fate.
(c) As misguided.
(d) As the fulcrum.
12. Where does Mr. Morton intend to go?
13. Where are Ellie's parents?
(a) The are both at the library.
(b) They are at Ellie's aunt's house.
(c) They have gone to Washington, D. C.
(d) They are at home working.
14. What happens to Ellie when Will holds his hand?
(a) It sends a jolt of electricity through her.
(b) She realizes she is not in love with Will.
(c) She has a vision of a past life with Will.
(d) She sees Will in knight's armor.
15. Why does Will not want to go to the naval academy?
(a) He believes in peace and negotiation.
(b) He wants to be a photographer.
(c) He wants to be an archeologist.
(d) He wants to go into the Coast Guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie discover when she starts to get out of the pool later that afternoon?
2. What does Ellie suggest Will do to communicate his desires to his father?
3. What does Ellie intuitively know about Mr. Morton?
4. What does Ellie think as she watches Jennifer re-apply Jennifer's make-up?
5. What does Will do after Marco is out of the conference room?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)