|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Wagner say is missing from their home?
(a) A money cache.
(b) A pistol.
(c) Marco's laptop and some of his clothes.
(d) Will's laptop and some of his clothes.
2. Why is Ellie furious with Mr. Morton?
(a) For spreading rumors.
(b) For thinking only of himself.
(c) For leaving Will defenseless.
(d) For believing such nonsense.
3. What does Ellie tell Mr. Morton she is unwilling to do?
(a) Let some obscure legend contol her fate.
(b) Give up on Will.
(c) Believe Marco cannot change.
(d) Believe the worse of Lance and Jennifer.
4. What does Ellie discover when she starts to get out of the pool later that afternoon?
(a) Will is standing there.
(b) She is crying.
(c) Jennifer and Lance are standing there.
(d) Lance is standing there.
5. Why does Ellie want to have a private conversation with Lance?
(a) To talk to him about Mr. Morton and Jennifer.
(b) To ask him for his help with her new lit assignment.
(c) To tell him about Marco.
(d) To ask him about Will's family history.
6. What does Marco do when they spot some poor kids in a battered boat?
(a) Yells at them to get their junk off the water.
(b) Ignores them.
(c) Waves at them and jokes about racing.
(d) Turns the sailboat towards their boat.
7. What does Ellie suggest Will do to communicate his desires to his father?
(a) Ask his stepmom for support and to talk with his father.
(b) Show his father some of his photographs.
(c) Show his father why Will is interested in past civilizations.
(d) Write a letter to his father.
8. What does Marco call Lance?
(a) Will's lapdog.
(b) A traitor.
(c) A back stabber.
(d) A jerk.
9. Why does the driver of the smaller boat make a sharp turn?
(a) To avoid being hit by the sailboat.
(b) To avoid a bouy.
(c) To avoid grounding on a sandbar.
(d) To demonstrate the smaller boat's capability.
10. What does Marco ask Ellie?
(a) Who Ellie likes.
(b) Who Ellie thinks is the poor friend.
(c) Why Ellie is even there.
(d) Who Ellie is protecting.
11. To what does Mr. Morton think Will is now vulnerable?
(a) Becoming evil.
(b) Committing suicide.
(c) Being depressed.
(d) Ignoring his destiny.
12. What does Jennifer say about Marco?
(a) He is a coward.
(b) He is nothing.
(c) He is intent on hurting everyone around him.
(d) He is a liar.
13. What does Ellie say when Will asks her about her knowledge of Jennifer and Lance?
(a) She suspected but did not have any proof.
(b) She did not know anything.
(c) She felt it wasn't her business.
(d) She knew about them.
14. What does Mr. Morton suggest Ellie may want to do?
(a) Get out of town for awhile.
(b) Go to Nebraska early.
(c) Call her parents immediately.
(d) Stay away from Will and Marco.
15. What does Mrs. Wagner say about Will?
(a) She could be his mother.
(b) She loves him like she loves her own son.
(c) She is his mother.
(d) She only met Will when he was a young toddler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will say about Lance and Jennifer that surprises Ellie?
2. What does Marco finally say clearly out loud?
3. Mr. Morton says Marco is ______________.
4. What does Ellie intuitively know about Mr. Morton?
5. What has Will told Jennifer that she believes he is sincere in saying?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)