|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie discover when she starts to get out of the pool later that afternoon?
(a) Lance is standing there.
(b) Will is standing there.
(c) Jennifer and Lance are standing there.
(d) She is crying.
2. Why is the Beltway closed?
(a) A tornado tore up part of it.
(b) Fallen electrical wires.
(c) Road re-surfacing.
(d) A bad accident.
3. What does Ellie learn about Will's name?
(a) It is spelled in the old English way.
(b) The "A" in his name stands for "Arthur."
(c) It is not his birth name.
(d) The name has been in every generation.
4. What does Marco do when they spot some poor kids in a battered boat?
(a) Waves at them and jokes about racing.
(b) Turns the sailboat towards their boat.
(c) Ignores them.
(d) Yells at them to get their junk off the water.
5. What happens to Ellie when Will holds his hand?
(a) She realizes she is not in love with Will.
(b) She sees Will in knight's armor.
(c) She has a vision of a past life with Will.
(d) It sends a jolt of electricity through her.
6. What does Ellie intuitively know about Mr. Morton?
(a) He is connected to the Order of the Bear.
(b) He may have been Arthur's father in another life.
(c) He may have been Marco's father in another life.
(d) He has a role in the entire drama also.
7. Mr. Morton says Marco is ______________.
(d) Uther Pendragon.
8. To what does Mr. Morton think Will is now vulnerable?
(a) Being depressed.
(b) Ignoring his destiny.
(c) Becoming evil.
(d) Committing suicide.
9. Of what is Will ignorant that everyone else knows?
(a) Lance has told Jennifer they cannot be together.
(b) Marco truly hates Will.
(c) What Marco is going to say next.
(d) Will is the bunt of a joke going around the school.
10. What does Ellie tell Mr. Morton about the situation on the sailboat?
(a) Marco's violence.
(b) The boy Will saves.
(c) Its impact on her.
(d) Will's reaction to the revelations.
11. Why does the driver of the smaller boat make a sharp turn?
(a) To demonstrate the smaller boat's capability.
(b) To avoid grounding on a sandbar.
(c) To avoid being hit by the sailboat.
(d) To avoid a bouy.
12. How does Marco seem to feel about Will?
(a) Marco looks up to Will.
(b) Marco seems indifferent to Will.
(c) Marco seems to resent Will.
(d) Marco seems to adore Will.
13. What happens when Lance tries to engage Marco in a fight?
(a) Will holds Lance back.
(b) Lance pushes Marco over the side.
(c) Jennifer holds Lance back.
(d) Marco punches Lance and throws him over the side.
14. What amazes Will about Jennifer's family?
(a) They have such an easy relationship.
(b) They are down to earth.
(c) They respect each other's individuality.
(d) They accept him so easily.
15. Why does Mr. Morton say he was teaching at the school?
(a) He was assigned to watch Lance.
(b) He was assigned to protect Ellie.
(c) He was assigned to watch Will.
(d) He was assigned to protect Jennifer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie think about when she goes to the girl's bathroom at school?
2. What does Marco call Lance?
3. What does Will do after Marco is out of the conference room?
4. Why is Ellie furious with Mr. Morton?
5. With whom was the Lady of Shalott in love?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)