|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marco seem to feel about Will?
(a) Marco looks up to Will.
(b) Marco seems to adore Will.
(c) Marco seems to resent Will.
(d) Marco seems indifferent to Will.
2. What does Marco do when the police arrive?
(a) Tries to take Mr. Morton hostage.
(b) Lies on the floor crying.
(c) Jumps out the school window.
(d) Slaps his mother.
3. Who is Prydwyn?
(a) King Arthur's adviser.
(b) King Arthur's ship.
(c) King Arthur's favorite hound.
(d) King Arthur's sister.
4. What is the name of Will's boat?
(a) Pride Winn.
(c) The Pride of My Eye.
5. To what does Mr. Morton think Will is now vulnerable?
(a) Committing suicide.
(b) Ignoring his destiny.
(c) Being depressed.
(d) Becoming evil.
6. What does Ellie say that makes Jennifer cry harder?
(a) Jennifer and Lance were made for each other.
(b) Will is capable of handing the situation like an adult.
(c) Will is going to be fine someday.
(d) Will is not angry with Lance and Jennifer.
7. What does Lance ask Ellie to do that evening?
(a) Go to dinner.
(b) Go sailing.
(c) Call Jennifer.
(d) Call Lance.
8. Why does Jennifer like being with Lance?
(a) Lance treats her like she's really special.
(b) Lance is simpler than Will.
(c) Lance understands Jennifer better than Will.
(d) Lance accepts her unconditionally.
9. Why does the driver of the smaller boat make a sharp turn?
(a) To avoid a bouy.
(b) To avoid being hit by the sailboat.
(c) To avoid grounding on a sandbar.
(d) To demonstrate the smaller boat's capability.
10. Why does Ellie spend the rest of first period in the bathroom?
(a) To talk on the phone with her mother.
(b) To avoid hall monitors.
(c) To talk to Jennifer privately.
(d) To stop crying.
11. What does Will say about Lance and Jennifer that surprises Ellie?
(a) At some level he already knew about Lance and Jennifer.
(b) Once he met Ellie, he no longer cared.
(c) He loves both Lance and Jennifer and will forgive them.
(d) He will never forgive Lance and Jennifer.
12. What does Mrs. Wagner say about Will?
(a) She only met Will when he was a young toddler.
(b) She is his mother.
(c) She could be his mother.
(d) She loves him like she loves her own son.
13. What does the Lady of Shalott do when the man she loves rejects her?
(a) Kills herself.
(b) Finds solace in a nunnery.
(c) Kills him.
(d) Kills both him and herself.
14. What does Marco do when Ellie tells him the meeting is none of his business?
(a) He slaps Ellie.
(b) He says it is his business.
(c) He shoves Ellie aside.
(d) He stands there with her waiting for them to be done.
15. What does Mr. Morton say about Ellie's role in all this?
(a) Her role is yet to be determined.
(b) She has no role in it.
(c) It was over before she had a chance to make a difference.
(d) She may yet have a role, but it's unlikely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Wagner say is missing from their home?
2. What does Ellie intuitively know about Mr. Morton?
3. Why does Mr. Morton say Ellie cannot help Will?
4. What does Ellie think as she watches Jennifer re-apply Jennifer's make-up?
5. What does Mr. Morton suggest Ellie may want to do?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)