|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Morton suggest Ellie may want to do?
(a) Stay away from Will and Marco.
(b) Get out of town for awhile.
(c) Call her parents immediately.
(d) Go to Nebraska early.
2. Where does Mr. Morton intend to go?
3. What does Lance say when he looks Will in the eye?
(a) Lance does not love Jennifer except as a sister.
(b) What Marco said is true.
(c) Lance will always have Will's back.
(d) Lance loves Will like a brother.
4. Who is Prydwyn?
(a) King Arthur's ship.
(b) King Arthur's adviser.
(c) King Arthur's sister.
(d) King Arthur's favorite hound.
5. Who is accompanying Mr. Morton when he comes into the school?
(a) Two Order of the Bear members.
(b) Mrs. Wagner.
(c) Will's father.
(d) No one.
6. What does Jennifer say about Marco?
(a) He is intent on hurting everyone around him.
(b) He is a liar.
(c) He is nothing.
(d) He is a coward.
7. What happens when Lance tries to engage Marco in a fight?
(a) Marco punches Lance and throws him over the side.
(b) Jennifer holds Lance back.
(c) Will holds Lance back.
(d) Lance pushes Marco over the side.
8. What does Ellie say when Will asks her about her knowledge of Jennifer and Lance?
(a) She felt it wasn't her business.
(b) She knew about them.
(c) She did not know anything.
(d) She suspected but did not have any proof.
9. What does Marco do when they spot some poor kids in a battered boat?
(a) Ignores them.
(b) Yells at them to get their junk off the water.
(c) Turns the sailboat towards their boat.
(d) Waves at them and jokes about racing.
10. Where are Ellie's parents?
(a) They are at home working.
(b) The are both at the library.
(c) They are at Ellie's aunt's house.
(d) They have gone to Washington, D. C.
11. What does Mr. Morton say about Ellie's role in all this?
(a) It was over before she had a chance to make a difference.
(b) She has no role in it.
(c) She may yet have a role, but it's unlikely.
(d) Her role is yet to be determined.
12. What does Marco do when the police arrive?
(a) Slaps his mother.
(b) Lies on the floor crying.
(c) Jumps out the school window.
(d) Tries to take Mr. Morton hostage.
13. How does Marco seem to feel about Will?
(a) Marco looks up to Will.
(b) Marco seems to adore Will.
(c) Marco seems indifferent to Will.
(d) Marco seems to resent Will.
14. What does Lance ask Ellie to do that evening?
(a) Go to dinner.
(b) Go sailing.
(c) Call Lance.
(d) Call Jennifer.
15. What does Ellie tell Mr. Morton about the situation on the sailboat?
(a) The boy Will saves.
(b) Its impact on her.
(c) Marco's violence.
(d) Will's reaction to the revelations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie tell Mr. Morton she thinks he is?
2. How does Mr. Morton respond to what Ellie tells him?
3. Why does Will go into the water?
4. What does Ellie learn about Will's name?
5. What does Mrs. Wagner say is missing from their home?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)