|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Will told Jennifer that she believes he is sincere in saying?
(a) Will is not the right guy for Jennifer.
(b) Lance deserves to be with someone good.
(c) Jennifer deserves to be with whomever she loves.
(d) Will is happy for Jennifer and Lance.
2. To what does Mr. Morton think Will is now vulnerable?
(a) Committing suicide.
(b) Being depressed.
(c) Becoming evil.
(d) Ignoring his destiny.
3. What does Ellie tell Mr. Morton she thinks he is?
4. What does Mr. Morton say about Ellie's role in all this?
(a) She may yet have a role, but it's unlikely.
(b) It was over before she had a chance to make a difference.
(c) She has no role in it.
(d) Her role is yet to be determined.
5. What does Ellie encounter when she arrives at Mr. Morton's apartment?
(a) The place is empty.
(b) Several police cars.
(c) An ambulance.
(d) A teacher holding a frying pan.
6. What does Ellie suddenly understand about Jennifer's feelings towards Will and Lance?
(a) Jennifer is in love with Lance but will always love Will.
(b) Jennifer does not really know how she feels.
(c) Jennifer is in love with both guys.
(d) Jennifer is just superficially infatuated with Lance.
7. What does Ellie suggest Will do to communicate his desires to his father?
(a) Show his father why Will is interested in past civilizations.
(b) Write a letter to his father.
(c) Show his father some of his photographs.
(d) Ask his stepmom for support and to talk with his father.
8. Why does Ellie want to have a private conversation with Lance?
(a) To tell him about Marco.
(b) To ask him about Will's family history.
(c) To talk to him about Mr. Morton and Jennifer.
(d) To ask him for his help with her new lit assignment.
9. Where do the police take Ellie?
(a) To the principal's office.
(b) The station.
(d) To jail.
10. What does Lance say when he looks Will in the eye?
(a) Lance does not love Jennifer except as a sister.
(b) Lance loves Will like a brother.
(c) What Marco said is true.
(d) Lance will always have Will's back.
11. What is happening when Ellie goes inside her house?
(a) Her parents tell her to go to the basement.
(b) Lights are flickering.
(c) Will is there.
(d) Marco is there.
12. What does Ellie tell Mr. Morton about the situation on the sailboat?
(a) The boy Will saves.
(b) Will's reaction to the revelations.
(c) Marco's violence.
(d) Its impact on her.
13. What does Mr. Morton think is going to happen to Will?
(a) He will fade into obscurity
(b) He will die.
(c) He will never live up to his potential.
(d) He will become a corrupt politician.
14. What does Ellie say when Will asks her about her knowledge of Jennifer and Lance?
(a) She felt it wasn't her business.
(b) She suspected but did not have any proof.
(c) She did not know anything.
(d) She knew about them.
15. What does Ellie pick up to take with her to the ravine?
(a) A first aid kit.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jennifer's reaction to Will going in the water?
2. What does Ellie ask Mr. Morton?
3. Who is accompanying Mr. Morton when he comes into the school?
4. What amazes Will about Jennifer's family?
5. Why does the driver of the smaller boat make a sharp turn?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)