|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie tell Mr. Morton she is unwilling to do?
(a) Believe the worse of Lance and Jennifer.
(b) Believe Marco cannot change.
(c) Give up on Will.
(d) Let some obscure legend contol her fate.
2. What does Marco ask Ellie?
(a) Who Ellie likes.
(b) Who Ellie thinks is the poor friend.
(c) Why Ellie is even there.
(d) Who Ellie is protecting.
3. Why does Jennifer like being with Lance?
(a) Lance understands Jennifer better than Will.
(b) Lance accepts her unconditionally.
(c) Lance treats her like she's really special.
(d) Lance is simpler than Will.
4. What is the name of Will's boat?
(b) The Pride of My Eye.
(d) Pride Winn.
5. What does Ellie intuitively know about Mr. Morton?
(a) He is connected to the Order of the Bear.
(b) He may have been Arthur's father in another life.
(c) He has a role in the entire drama also.
(d) He may have been Marco's father in another life.
6. What does Ellie learn about Will's name?
(a) The "A" in his name stands for "Arthur."
(b) It is not his birth name.
(c) The name has been in every generation.
(d) It is spelled in the old English way.
7. What does Will say about Lance and Jennifer that surprises Ellie?
(a) Once he met Ellie, he no longer cared.
(b) He loves both Lance and Jennifer and will forgive them.
(c) He will never forgive Lance and Jennifer.
(d) At some level he already knew about Lance and Jennifer.
8. What does Mr. Morton say about Ellie's role in all this?
(a) She may yet have a role, but it's unlikely.
(b) Her role is yet to be determined.
(c) She has no role in it.
(d) It was over before she had a chance to make a difference.
9. How does Mr. Morton characterize Marco?
(a) As a victim of fate.
(b) As eternally evil.
(c) As the fulcrum.
(d) As misguided.
10. Where does Mr. Morton intend to go?
11. Why is Ellie furious with Mr. Morton?
(a) For believing such nonsense.
(b) For thinking only of himself.
(c) For leaving Will defenseless.
(d) For spreading rumors.
12. Why did Marco once attack Mr. Morton?
(a) Mr. Morton said something bad about Will.
(b) Mr. Morton insults Marco's father.
(c) Mr. Morton insults Marco's mother.
(d) Mr. Morton tried to get Marco to see the light.
13. Why does Mr. Morton say he was teaching at the school?
(a) He was assigned to protect Jennifer.
(b) He was assigned to watch Lance.
(c) He was assigned to protect Ellie.
(d) He was assigned to watch Will.
14. What does Ellie encounter when she arrives at Mr. Morton's apartment?
(a) Several police cars.
(b) The place is empty.
(c) An ambulance.
(d) A teacher holding a frying pan.
15. How does Jennifer think her social life would be easier?
(a) If Will did move to Vermont.
(b) If Will would sit with her and Lance at lunch.
(c) If Will would stay on the football team.
(d) If Ellie and Will started dating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jennifer say about Marco?
2. What does Mrs. Wagner say is missing from their home?
3. What does Ellie suddenly understand about Jennifer's feelings towards Will and Lance?
4. Why is Jennifer crying in one of the bathroom stalls?
5. What does Marco do when the police arrive?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)