|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie pick up to take with her to the ravine?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A sword.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) A first aid kit.
2. What does Will say about Lance and Jennifer that surprises Ellie?
(a) At some level he already knew about Lance and Jennifer.
(b) He will never forgive Lance and Jennifer.
(c) Once he met Ellie, he no longer cared.
(d) He loves both Lance and Jennifer and will forgive them.
3. Where are Ellie's parents?
(a) They are at Ellie's aunt's house.
(b) The are both at the library.
(c) They have gone to Washington, D. C.
(d) They are at home working.
4. What does Marco finally say clearly out loud?
(a) Will beat him out of his inheritance.
(b) Will's father took Will's affection away from Will.
(c) Will's father killed Marco's father.
(d) Jennifer and Lance have been in love for months.
5. Mr. Morton says Marco is ______________.
(c) Uther Pendragon.
6. What does Mrs. Wagner say is missing from their home?
(a) Will's laptop and some of his clothes.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A money cache.
(d) Marco's laptop and some of his clothes.
7. What does Marco do when Ellie tells him the meeting is none of his business?
(a) He says it is his business.
(b) He shoves Ellie aside.
(c) He stands there with her waiting for them to be done.
(d) He slaps Ellie.
8. Why does Ellie want to have a private conversation with Lance?
(a) To ask him about Will's family history.
(b) To tell him about Marco.
(c) To talk to him about Mr. Morton and Jennifer.
(d) To ask him for his help with her new lit assignment.
9. How does Ellie's mother describe the members of the Order of the Bear?
(a) People with too much time on their hands.
(b) Misguided history buffs.
10. What does Ellie encounter when she arrives at Mr. Morton's apartment?
(a) An ambulance.
(b) The place is empty.
(c) Several police cars.
(d) A teacher holding a frying pan.
11. What does Ellie suggest Will do to communicate his desires to his father?
(a) Show his father why Will is interested in past civilizations.
(b) Ask his stepmom for support and to talk with his father.
(c) Write a letter to his father.
(d) Show his father some of his photographs.
12. What amazes Will about Jennifer's family?
(a) They are down to earth.
(b) They accept him so easily.
(c) They respect each other's individuality.
(d) They have such an easy relationship.
13. How is Will's dog similar to King Arthur's dog?
(a) Both are the same breed.
(b) King Arthur's dog was named Cavell and Will's dog is Cavalier.
(c) Both dogs are named after the men's grandfathers.
(d) There is not discernible relation.
14. What does Mrs. Wagner want when she calls?
(a) She thanks Ellie for trying to help that morning.
(b) She is afraid that Will has left home.
(c) She is worried about Marco.
(d) She is looking for Will.
15. What does Ellie say when Will asks her about her knowledge of Jennifer and Lance?
(a) She felt it wasn't her business.
(b) She suspected but did not have any proof.
(c) She did not know anything.
(d) She knew about them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie think about when she goes to the girl's bathroom at school?
2. What does Marco say about his life before his mother married Will's father?
3. What does Mr. Morton suggest Ellie may want to do?
4. What does Ellie think as she watches Jennifer re-apply Jennifer's make-up?
5. How does Marco seem to feel about Will?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)