|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marco call Lance?
(a) Will's lapdog.
(b) A back stabber.
(c) A traitor.
(d) A jerk.
2. What has Will told Jennifer that she believes he is sincere in saying?
(a) Will is not the right guy for Jennifer.
(b) Will is happy for Jennifer and Lance.
(c) Lance deserves to be with someone good.
(d) Jennifer deserves to be with whomever she loves.
3. What does Mr. Morton suggest Ellie may want to do?
(a) Call her parents immediately.
(b) Go to Nebraska early.
(c) Stay away from Will and Marco.
(d) Get out of town for awhile.
4. How does Ellie's mother describe the members of the Order of the Bear?
(a) People with too much time on their hands.
(c) Misguided history buffs.
5. What does Lance say when he looks Will in the eye?
(a) Lance will always have Will's back.
(b) Lance loves Will like a brother.
(c) Lance does not love Jennifer except as a sister.
(d) What Marco said is true.
6. What does Lance ask Ellie to do that evening?
(a) Call Jennifer.
(b) Call Lance.
(c) Go to dinner.
(d) Go sailing.
7. Why does Mr. Morton say Ellie cannot help Will?
(a) She is responsible for helping Lance.
(b) She came into the situation too late.
(c) She was assigned to help Marco turn to the light.
(d) She did not know Arthur in her past life.
8. What does Marco do when the police arrive?
(a) Jumps out the school window.
(b) Lies on the floor crying.
(c) Tries to take Mr. Morton hostage.
(d) Slaps his mother.
9. Why does the driver of the smaller boat make a sharp turn?
(a) To avoid being hit by the sailboat.
(b) To avoid grounding on a sandbar.
(c) To demonstrate the smaller boat's capability.
(d) To avoid a bouy.
10. Why does Ellie spend the rest of first period in the bathroom?
(a) To avoid hall monitors.
(b) To stop crying.
(c) To talk to Jennifer privately.
(d) To talk on the phone with her mother.
11. Why does Ellie want to have a private conversation with Lance?
(a) To tell him about Marco.
(b) To ask him for his help with her new lit assignment.
(c) To talk to him about Mr. Morton and Jennifer.
(d) To ask him about Will's family history.
12. Why does Jennifer like being with Lance?
(a) Lance is simpler than Will.
(b) Lance understands Jennifer better than Will.
(c) Lance treats her like she's really special.
(d) Lance accepts her unconditionally.
13. What does Marco ask Ellie?
(a) Who Ellie thinks is the poor friend.
(b) Who Ellie is protecting.
(c) Who Ellie likes.
(d) Why Ellie is even there.
14. How does Marco seem to feel about Will?
(a) Marco seems to resent Will.
(b) Marco seems to adore Will.
(c) Marco seems indifferent to Will.
(d) Marco looks up to Will.
15. What does Ellie pick up to take with her to the ravine?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A first aid kit.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Lance arrive for the appointment with Mr. Morton?
2. Why does Will go into the water?
3. What does Ellie tell Mr. Morton she thinks he is?
4. What is Jennifer's reaction to Will going in the water?
5. Who is Prydwyn?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)