|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie learn about Will's name?
(a) The name has been in every generation.
(b) It is not his birth name.
(c) It is spelled in the old English way.
(d) The "A" in his name stands for "Arthur."
2. How is Will's dog similar to King Arthur's dog?
(a) Both dogs are named after the men's grandfathers.
(b) King Arthur's dog was named Cavell and Will's dog is Cavalier.
(c) Both are the same breed.
(d) There is not discernible relation.
3. Why is Ellie furious with Mr. Morton?
(a) For believing such nonsense.
(b) For spreading rumors.
(c) For leaving Will defenseless.
(d) For thinking only of himself.
4. What does Mr. Morton think is going to happen to Will?
(a) He will die.
(b) He will fade into obscurity
(c) He will become a corrupt politician.
(d) He will never live up to his potential.
5. What does the Lady of Shalott do when the man she loves rejects her?
(a) Finds solace in a nunnery.
(b) Kills him.
(c) Kills both him and herself.
(d) Kills herself.
6. What does Ellie think as she watches Jennifer re-apply Jennifer's make-up?
(a) Jennifer never really loved Will.
(b) Jennifer seems to want the best for all people involved.
(c) How beautiful Jennifer is.
(d) Jennifer is selfish.
7. To what does Mr. Morton think Will is now vulnerable?
(a) Ignoring his destiny.
(b) Becoming evil.
(c) Committing suicide.
(d) Being depressed.
8. When does Lance arrive for the appointment with Mr. Morton?
(a) He comes in a few minutes late.
(b) He does not show.
(c) He meets Ellie in the parking lot and they walk in together.
(d) Before Ellie gets there.
9. Why does Mr. Morton say Ellie cannot help Will?
(a) She was assigned to help Marco turn to the light.
(b) She did not know Arthur in her past life.
(c) She is responsible for helping Lance.
(d) She came into the situation too late.
10. How does Mr. Morton characterize Marco?
(a) As the fulcrum.
(b) As a victim of fate.
(c) As misguided.
(d) As eternally evil.
11. Where does Mr. Morton intend to go?
12. How does Marco seem to feel about Will?
(a) Marco seems to adore Will.
(b) Marco seems to resent Will.
(c) Marco seems indifferent to Will.
(d) Marco looks up to Will.
13. Why does Mr. Morton say he was teaching at the school?
(a) He was assigned to protect Ellie.
(b) He was assigned to protect Jennifer.
(c) He was assigned to watch Will.
(d) He was assigned to watch Lance.
14. Where are Ellie's parents?
(a) The are both at the library.
(b) They have gone to Washington, D. C.
(c) They are at home working.
(d) They are at Ellie's aunt's house.
15. What is happening when Ellie goes inside her house?
(a) Marco is there.
(b) Her parents tell her to go to the basement.
(c) Lights are flickering.
(d) Will is there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ellie when Will holds his hand?
2. What does Will do after Marco is out of the conference room?
3. What does Ellie encounter when she arrives at Mr. Morton's apartment?
4. Mr. Morton says Marco is ______________.
5. What does Mrs. Wagner say is missing from their home?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)