|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie pick up to take with her to the ravine?
(a) A sword.
(b) A first aid kit.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) A hammer.
2. Why is Jennifer crying in one of the bathroom stalls?
(a) Marco is spreading rumors about her.
(b) She feels persecuted by everyone.
(c) Lance broke up with her.
(d) Will won't talk to her.
3. What does Ellie tell Mr. Morton she is unwilling to do?
(a) Believe the worse of Lance and Jennifer.
(b) Let some obscure legend contol her fate.
(c) Give up on Will.
(d) Believe Marco cannot change.
4. Who is accompanying Mr. Morton when he comes into the school?
(a) Two Order of the Bear members.
(b) Will's father.
(c) Mrs. Wagner.
(d) No one.
5. Where do the police take Ellie?
(a) To the principal's office.
(c) The station.
(d) To jail.
6. What does Mr. Morton say about Ellie's role in all this?
(a) She may yet have a role, but it's unlikely.
(b) It was over before she had a chance to make a difference.
(c) Her role is yet to be determined.
(d) She has no role in it.
7. What does Ellie think about when she goes to the girl's bathroom at school?
(a) Why there is a need for King Arthur in this age.
(b) What her role might be in this madness.
(c) If Will could really be a reincarnation of King Arthur.
(d) If she is losing her sanity.
8. What does Lance ask Ellie to do that evening?
(a) Go to dinner.
(b) Go sailing.
(c) Call Jennifer.
(d) Call Lance.
9. What is the name of Will's boat?
(b) The Pride of My Eye.
(d) Pride Winn.
10. What does Jennifer say about Marco?
(a) He is nothing.
(b) He is a liar.
(c) He is a coward.
(d) He is intent on hurting everyone around him.
11. What does Ellie suddenly understand about Jennifer's feelings towards Will and Lance?
(a) Jennifer does not really know how she feels.
(b) Jennifer is in love with both guys.
(c) Jennifer is just superficially infatuated with Lance.
(d) Jennifer is in love with Lance but will always love Will.
12. What does Ellie tell Mr. Morton about the situation on the sailboat?
(a) The boy Will saves.
(b) Its impact on her.
(c) Will's reaction to the revelations.
(d) Marco's violence.
13. Why does Will go into the water?
(a) To cool off.
(b) To get away from Marco.
(c) To show off to Ellie.
(d) To rescue a kid from the smaller boat.
14. When does Lance arrive for the appointment with Mr. Morton?
(a) He comes in a few minutes late.
(b) He meets Ellie in the parking lot and they walk in together.
(c) He does not show.
(d) Before Ellie gets there.
15. What does Ellie suggest Will do to communicate his desires to his father?
(a) Show his father why Will is interested in past civilizations.
(b) Ask his stepmom for support and to talk with his father.
(c) Write a letter to his father.
(d) Show his father some of his photographs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Morton says Marco is ______________.
2. What does Ellie think as she watches Jennifer re-apply Jennifer's make-up?
3. Why does Ellie want to have a private conversation with Lance?
4. What does Marco do when the police arrive?
5. Why is Ellie furious with Mr. Morton?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)