|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lance say when he looks Will in the eye?
(a) Lance does not love Jennifer except as a sister.
(b) Lance loves Will like a brother.
(c) What Marco said is true.
(d) Lance will always have Will's back.
2. What does Ellie tell Mr. Morton about the situation on the sailboat?
(a) Its impact on her.
(b) Marco's violence.
(c) Will's reaction to the revelations.
(d) The boy Will saves.
3. Where are Ellie's parents?
(a) The are both at the library.
(b) They are at Ellie's aunt's house.
(c) They are at home working.
(d) They have gone to Washington, D. C.
4. What does Ellie tell Mr. Morton she is unwilling to do?
(a) Let some obscure legend contol her fate.
(b) Give up on Will.
(c) Believe the worse of Lance and Jennifer.
(d) Believe Marco cannot change.
5. Why does Jennifer like being with Lance?
(a) Lance is simpler than Will.
(b) Lance treats her like she's really special.
(c) Lance understands Jennifer better than Will.
(d) Lance accepts her unconditionally.
6. What does Ellie encounter when she arrives at Mr. Morton's apartment?
(a) A teacher holding a frying pan.
(b) The place is empty.
(c) An ambulance.
(d) Several police cars.
7. Who is Prydwyn?
(a) King Arthur's favorite hound.
(b) King Arthur's adviser.
(c) King Arthur's sister.
(d) King Arthur's ship.
8. Why does Ellie spend the rest of first period in the bathroom?
(a) To avoid hall monitors.
(b) To talk to Jennifer privately.
(c) To stop crying.
(d) To talk on the phone with her mother.
9. Why does Will not want to go to the naval academy?
(a) He wants to be an archeologist.
(b) He wants to go into the Coast Guard.
(c) He believes in peace and negotiation.
(d) He wants to be a photographer.
10. What has Will told Jennifer that she believes he is sincere in saying?
(a) Jennifer deserves to be with whomever she loves.
(b) Lance deserves to be with someone good.
(c) Will is not the right guy for Jennifer.
(d) Will is happy for Jennifer and Lance.
11. Why does Mr. Morton say Ellie cannot help Will?
(a) She came into the situation too late.
(b) She did not know Arthur in her past life.
(c) She was assigned to help Marco turn to the light.
(d) She is responsible for helping Lance.
12. What amazes Will about Jennifer's family?
(a) They respect each other's individuality.
(b) They accept him so easily.
(c) They have such an easy relationship.
(d) They are down to earth.
13. How does Mr. Morton characterize Marco?
(a) As misguided.
(b) As a victim of fate.
(c) As the fulcrum.
(d) As eternally evil.
14. What does Marco ask Ellie?
(a) Who Ellie is protecting.
(b) Who Ellie thinks is the poor friend.
(c) Who Ellie likes.
(d) Why Ellie is even there.
15. Why is Jennifer crying in one of the bathroom stalls?
(a) She feels persecuted by everyone.
(b) Will won't talk to her.
(c) Marco is spreading rumors about her.
(d) Lance broke up with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jennifer say about Marco?
2. What does Ellie say that makes Jennifer cry harder?
3. What does Mrs. Wagner want when she calls?
4. What does Ellie ask Mr. Morton?
5. What does Marco call Lance?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)