|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Morton say Ellie cannot help Will?
(a) She did not know Arthur in her past life.
(b) She is responsible for helping Lance.
(c) She was assigned to help Marco turn to the light.
(d) She came into the situation too late.
2. What does Ellie tell Mr. Morton about the situation on the sailboat?
(a) Its impact on her.
(b) Marco's violence.
(c) Will's reaction to the revelations.
(d) The boy Will saves.
3. What does Ellie suddenly understand about Jennifer's feelings towards Will and Lance?
(a) Jennifer does not really know how she feels.
(b) Jennifer is in love with both guys.
(c) Jennifer is in love with Lance but will always love Will.
(d) Jennifer is just superficially infatuated with Lance.
4. What does Lance say when he looks Will in the eye?
(a) Lance does not love Jennifer except as a sister.
(b) Lance loves Will like a brother.
(c) What Marco said is true.
(d) Lance will always have Will's back.
5. Why does Ellie spend the rest of first period in the bathroom?
(a) To stop crying.
(b) To talk on the phone with her mother.
(c) To talk to Jennifer privately.
(d) To avoid hall monitors.
6. How does Marco seem to feel about Will?
(a) Marco seems indifferent to Will.
(b) Marco seems to adore Will.
(c) Marco seems to resent Will.
(d) Marco looks up to Will.
7. Why does Ellie want to have a private conversation with Lance?
(a) To tell him about Marco.
(b) To ask him about Will's family history.
(c) To ask him for his help with her new lit assignment.
(d) To talk to him about Mr. Morton and Jennifer.
8. What does Ellie learn about Will's name?
(a) It is spelled in the old English way.
(b) The "A" in his name stands for "Arthur."
(c) It is not his birth name.
(d) The name has been in every generation.
9. What is happening when Ellie goes inside her house?
(a) Her parents tell her to go to the basement.
(b) Lights are flickering.
(c) Will is there.
(d) Marco is there.
10. How does Jennifer think her social life would be easier?
(a) If Will would sit with her and Lance at lunch.
(b) If Will would stay on the football team.
(c) If Will did move to Vermont.
(d) If Ellie and Will started dating.
11. What does Ellie tell Mr. Morton she thinks he is?
12. With whom was the Lady of Shalott in love?
13. Who is Prydwyn?
(a) King Arthur's adviser.
(b) King Arthur's sister.
(c) King Arthur's ship.
(d) King Arthur's favorite hound.
14. What does Marco do when they spot some poor kids in a battered boat?
(a) Yells at them to get their junk off the water.
(b) Waves at them and jokes about racing.
(c) Ignores them.
(d) Turns the sailboat towards their boat.
15. What does Marco ask Ellie?
(a) Who Ellie thinks is the poor friend.
(b) Why Ellie is even there.
(c) Who Ellie likes.
(d) Who Ellie is protecting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Morton say he was teaching at the school?
2. What does Ellie not believe of what Mr. Morton tells her?
3. Of what is Will ignorant that everyone else knows?
4. What does Jennifer say Will has expressed a desire to do lately?
5. Where does Mr. Morton intend to go?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)