|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie say when Will asks her about her knowledge of Jennifer and Lance?
(a) She did not know anything.
(b) She felt it wasn't her business.
(c) She knew about them.
(d) She suspected but did not have any proof.
2. Why does Will not want to go to the naval academy?
(a) He believes in peace and negotiation.
(b) He wants to be an archeologist.
(c) He wants to go into the Coast Guard.
(d) He wants to be a photographer.
3. Mr. Morton says Marco is ______________.
(a) Uther Pendragon.
4. What does Ellie not believe of what Mr. Morton tells her?
(a) Arthur must fulfill his destiny, or he will become evil.
(b) Darkness has killed Arthur's every incarnation.
(c) Forces of darkness are stronger than those of light.
(d) Arthur's only purpose is to kill Mordred once and for all.
5. What does Mr. Morton say about Ellie's role in all this?
(a) Her role is yet to be determined.
(b) She has no role in it.
(c) She may yet have a role, but it's unlikely.
(d) It was over before she had a chance to make a difference.
6. To what does Mr. Morton think Will is now vulnerable?
(a) Becoming evil.
(b) Committing suicide.
(c) Being depressed.
(d) Ignoring his destiny.
7. What does Ellie suggest Will do to communicate his desires to his father?
(a) Ask his stepmom for support and to talk with his father.
(b) Show his father why Will is interested in past civilizations.
(c) Show his father some of his photographs.
(d) Write a letter to his father.
8. What is the name of Will's boat?
(c) Pride Winn.
(d) The Pride of My Eye.
9. What does Ellie learn about Will's name?
(a) The name has been in every generation.
(b) The "A" in his name stands for "Arthur."
(c) It is not his birth name.
(d) It is spelled in the old English way.
10. When does Lance arrive for the appointment with Mr. Morton?
(a) Before Ellie gets there.
(b) He meets Ellie in the parking lot and they walk in together.
(c) He comes in a few minutes late.
(d) He does not show.
11. How does Ellie's mother describe the members of the Order of the Bear?
(a) Misguided history buffs.
(d) People with too much time on their hands.
12. Where does Mr. Morton intend to go?
13. What does Lance ask Ellie to do that evening?
(a) Go to dinner.
(b) Call Jennifer.
(c) Call Lance.
(d) Go sailing.
14. Why did Marco once attack Mr. Morton?
(a) Mr. Morton said something bad about Will.
(b) Mr. Morton insults Marco's father.
(c) Mr. Morton tried to get Marco to see the light.
(d) Mr. Morton insults Marco's mother.
15. What is Jennifer's reaction to Will going in the water?
(a) She thinks he is nuts.
(b) She is angry at his showing off.
(c) She thinks he is heroic.
(d) She is worried for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie think about when she goes to the girl's bathroom at school?
2. What is happening when Ellie goes inside her house?
3. What does Marco do when the police arrive?
4. What does Ellie tell Mr. Morton she thinks he is?
5. Where are Ellie's parents?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)