|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is a member of the other team taken off on a stretcher?
(a) The boy breaks his leg when he falls wrong.
(b) Lance hits him really hard as payback.
(c) The boy knocks his head on the goal post.
(d) Lance loses his temper and trips the guy.
2. Why does Ellie read up on Camelot?
(a) Ellie's mother is writing a book on the subject.
(b) It's part of Ellie's World Literature class.
(c) Will mentions it.
(d) Medieval romance intrigues Ellie.
3. What is Ellie's screen name?
4. What does Ellie observe about Marco?
(a) He seems like he is on drugs.
(b) He seems shy.
(c) He seems surly.
(d) He seems well liked.
5. What does Ellie talk Liz and Stacy into doing after the game?
(a) Going out for pizza.
(b) Going to a late-night matinee at the movies.
(c) Going to Will's pool party.
(d) Spending the night at her house that night.
6. What is Lance doing when Ellie finds him?
(a) Arm wrestling with Will.
(b) Arguing with Marco.
(c) Making out with Jennifer.
(d) Talking to Will's father about the game.
7. Where does Will say he just ends up sometimes?
(a) At the basketball court.
(b) At beautiful girls' houses.
(c) In the ravine.
(d) In magical places.
8. What is one thing Ellie enjoys doing?
(a) Drifting in the pool.
(b) Researching antiques for her father.
(c) Talking on the phone.
(d) Creating cryptograms.
9. What does Ellie's mother invite Will to do?
(a) Stay for a swim and dinner.
(b) Stay for a swim before he and Ellie go out to eat.
(c) Go with them to deliver some food.
(d) Talk to Ellie's father about the upcoming football game.
10. Liz and Stacy think Ellie should try to date ____________.
(b) Anyone but Lance.
11. Will pulls Ellie to the __________to talk to her.
(a) Widow's walk.
(c) Basement family room.
(d) Pool room.
12. What poem does Ellie trade with someone else so she does not have to do the one assigned her?
(a) "The Lovesong of J. Alfred Prufrock."
(b) "The Lady of Shalot."
(c) "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner."
(d) "Sonnet 46."
13. How does Will answer Ellie's question?
(a) He lives in the country about five miles out of town.
(b) He is home schooled.
(c) He does not want to talk about Jennifer.
(d) He came over because Ellie intrigues him.
14. About what does Ellie ask Will while they are chatting?
(a) Where he lives.
(b) Where he goes to school.
(c) About Jennifer.
(d) Why he came over to her house.
15. Will suggests that Ellie should ______________.
(a) Try a wine cooler he makes.
(b) Change into a swimsuit.
(c) Talk with him in a back room.
(d) Be his billiards partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie see as she opens her eyes while floating in the pool?
2. What does Ellie think of the majority of the kids at school?
3. What does the Order of the Bear believe?
4. What is an extracurricular sport Liz enjoys?
5. Who is Nancy?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)