|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie not understand concerning Mr. Morton?
(a) He is mad at her, but not Lance.
(b) He knows so much about her.
(c) He would care which poem she analyzed.
(d) He would yell at her at a football game.
2. What is Will's relationship to Marco Campbell?
(d) Step brother.
3. Why has Will moved a lot in his childhood?
(a) His mother is in the military.
(b) His father is a travel guide writer.
(c) His father is in the military.
(d) His mother loves to go to new places.
4. What makes Ellie happy when she observes Jennifer and Will?
(a) Jennifer and Will do not speak to each other.
(b) Jennifer is not at the party.
(c) Jennifer and Will seem to just be friends.
(d) Jennifer and Will seem happy with each other.
5. How does Ellie interpret all of Will's friendly gestures?
(a) As flirting.
(b) He is not that friendly to her.
(c) As friendship.
(d) As nervousness.
6. About what is Ellie's father writing a book?
(b) A sword.
(d) How to start your own business.
7. What does the Order of the Bear believe?
(a) Arthur will reincarnate and look for Guinevere.
(b) Arthur will come back to life.
(c) Lancelot will someday be vindicated.
(d) Arthur's killer will return to commit another murder.
8. What is an extracurricular sport Liz enjoys?
9. How long has Ellie known Liz?
(a) One day.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) About a year.
(d) Her whole life.
10. Where are Ellie and her parents living at the opening of the story?
(a) Washington, D. C.
11. Why is a member of the other team taken off on a stretcher?
(a) Lance loses his temper and trips the guy.
(b) Lance hits him really hard as payback.
(c) The boy knocks his head on the goal post.
(d) The boy breaks his leg when he falls wrong.
12. What does Ellie's mother invite Will to do?
(a) Talk to Ellie's father about the upcoming football game.
(b) Stay for a swim before he and Ellie go out to eat.
(c) Stay for a swim and dinner.
(d) Go with them to deliver some food.
13. What kind of songs has Will been listening to in the ravine?
(a) Troubadour music.
14. Why does Ellie decide to go for a run when she gets home from school?
(a) She wants to get Will off her mind.
(b) She is hoping to lose some weight before summer.
(c) She is going to try out for the track team.
(d) She is tired of being cooped up indoors.
15. Will suggests that Ellie should ______________.
(a) Talk with him in a back room.
(b) Change into a swimsuit.
(c) Be his billiards partner.
(d) Try a wine cooler he makes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will say about his mother?
2. What does Ellie feel as she is running?
3. How does Ellie feel about Marco at the end of the evening?
4. Who is Cavalier?
5. What poem does Ellie trade with someone else so she does not have to do the one assigned her?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)