|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Will's father rumored to have done?
(a) Killed his first wife.
(b) Killed his best friend.
(c) Worked as a Soviet spy.
(d) Escaped from a prison camp in Vietnam.
2. How does Ellie feel about Marco at the end of the evening?
3. Why was Marco Campbell kicked out of school the year before?
(a) For trying to rape another student.
(b) For excessive absences.
(c) For assault on the principal.
(d) For trying to kill a teacher.
4. Why does Mr. Morton yell at Ellie?
(a) She accidentally bumps into him.
(b) She refuses to give the poetry report.
(c) She squirts ketchup on him.
(d) She traded off the Beowulf poem.
5. Whom does Ellie notice arguing?
(a) The three young people in the trail.
(b) Geoff and his girlfriend.
(c) Her father and another man Ellie does not know.
(d) Her father and Geoff.
6. What does Mr. Morton order Ellie to do?
(a) Meet him Monday morning.
(b) Give the verbal presentation.
(c) Make Lance write part of the report.
(d) Do the Beowulf poem and "Lady of Shalott."
7. Liz and Stacy think Ellie should try to date ____________.
(b) Anyone but Lance.
8. Why is Ellie running with her father in the woods?
(a) They are chasing a fox.
(b) She is supporting his exercise routine.
(c) They are trying to catch up to the neighborhood people in the run program.
(d) They are chasing their Boston terrier.
9. What does Ellie talk Liz and Stacy into doing after the game?
(a) Going out for pizza.
(b) Spending the night at her house that night.
(c) Going to a late-night matinee at the movies.
(d) Going to Will's pool party.
10. What does Ellie's mother invite Will to do?
(a) Talk to Ellie's father about the upcoming football game.
(b) Go with them to deliver some food.
(c) Stay for a swim before he and Ellie go out to eat.
(d) Stay for a swim and dinner.
11. What does Liz say makes Ellie part of the in crowd?
(a) Living where she lives.
(b) Being paired with Lance in lit class.
(c) Making the track team.
(d) Being invited to Will's pool party.
12. What does Ellie remember as she is about to leave Will's party?
(a) She left her sneakers by the pool.
(b) She forgot her purse.
(c) She needs to thank Will's father and step mother.
(d) She needs to tell Lance about Mr. Morton.
13. What is kept at the history museum in Washington, D. C.?
(a) A rare antique humidor.
(b) One of the first anagrams ever discovered from ancient Greece.
(c) The sword Ellie's father is writing about.
(d) A book that had been in Ellie's family for generations.
14. What does Ellie see at the bottom of the ravine?
(a) A man.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) The fox.
(d) A gopher turtle.
15. What does Ellie leave the bleachers to do?
(a) To buy hot dogs.
(b) To find a quiet place to call her mother.
(c) To find the restroom.
(d) To look for Liz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Will's father work now?
2. What does Will say about Ellie making the track team?
3. What does Ellie do in anticipation of attending the game and party at Will's house?
4. Who is Nancy?
5. What is one thing Ellie enjoys doing?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)