|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie see at the bottom of the ravine?
(a) The fox.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A man.
(d) A gopher turtle.
2. What kind of songs has Will been listening to in the ravine?
(a) Troubadour music.
3. After whom is Ellie named?
(a) The Lady of Shalot.
(b) The Lady of Avalon.
(c) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(d) Eleanor of Aquitaine.
4. What does Ellie think of the school itself?
(a) It's wonderful.
(b) It's old and ugly.
(c) It's run down.
(d) It's gloomy.
5. What is one thing Ellie enjoys doing?
(a) Talking on the phone.
(b) Drifting in the pool.
(c) Researching antiques for her father.
(d) Creating cryptograms.
6. To whom is Lance talking on the sidelines?
(b) A recruiter.
7. What does Ellie talk Liz and Stacy into doing after the game?
(a) Going to a late-night matinee at the movies.
(b) Spending the night at her house that night.
(c) Going out for pizza.
(d) Going to Will's pool party.
8. Why does Ellie read up on Camelot?
(a) Medieval romance intrigues Ellie.
(b) It's part of Ellie's World Literature class.
(c) Will mentions it.
(d) Ellie's mother is writing a book on the subject.
9. What does Will confide to Ellie?
(a) His family is moving at the end of the school year.
(b) His father is missing.
(c) Jennifer broke up with him a few months ago.
(d) Things have been strange for him lately.
10. Jennifer asked Ellie if Will mentioned what item the night before?
(a) A crystal.
(b) The lance.
(c) The sword.
(d) A stone.
11. What does Ellie remember as she is about to leave Will's party?
(a) She needs to thank Will's father and step mother.
(b) She forgot her purse.
(c) She needs to tell Lance about Mr. Morton.
(d) She left her sneakers by the pool.
12. Why is a member of the other team taken off on a stretcher?
(a) The boy breaks his leg when he falls wrong.
(b) Lance hits him really hard as payback.
(c) The boy knocks his head on the goal post.
(d) Lance loses his temper and trips the guy.
13. Liz and Stacy think Ellie should try to date ____________.
(d) Anyone but Lance.
14. What is Will's relationship to Marco Campbell?
(d) Step brother.
15. What does Ellie see as she opens her eyes while floating in the pool?
(a) Jennifer is on the edge of the pool.
(b) Her mother is frowning at her.
(c) A hawk is about to grab a squirrel in the oak tree.
(d) Will is standing over her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Ellie known Liz?
2. To what did Admiral Wagner supposedly have his friend assigned?
3. What poem does Ellie trade with someone else so she does not have to do the one assigned her?
4. What does Will say about his mother?
5. What is Ellie's parents' work status?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)