|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will say about Ellie making the track team?
(a) Ellie needs to watch her back with Liz.
(b) Ellie will be a real asset to them.
(c) Ellie made the team because of her looks.
(d) Ellie needs to watch her back with Stacy.
2. Ellie debated telling Will about __________.
(a) A poetry assingment.
(b) Jennifer and Lance.
(c) A rumor.
(d) Jennifer and Marco.
3. What is Ellie's parents' work status?
(a) They both quit their jobs recently.
(b) Ellie's father is an unemployed lawyer and her mother is a physician.
(c) They work together in their own business.
(d) They are on sabbatical.
4. What does Liz say makes Ellie part of the in crowd?
(a) Living where she lives.
(b) Being invited to Will's pool party.
(c) Making the track team.
(d) Being paired with Lance in lit class.
5. Why did Will look Ellie up in the school directory?
(a) He wanted to apologize to her.
(b) He feels he's met her before.
(c) He thought she looked nice.
(d) He wondered why she was running in the woods.
6. What does Marco invite Ellie to do the next day?
(a) Go sailing with them.
(b) Go swimming.
(c) Go to a polo game.
(d) Go to a horse show.
7. Whom does Ellie notice arguing?
(a) The three young people in the trail.
(b) Geoff and his girlfriend.
(c) Her father and Geoff.
(d) Her father and another man Ellie does not know.
8. What is Ellie's screen name?
9. What does Ellie talk Liz and Stacy into doing after the game?
(a) Going to a late-night matinee at the movies.
(b) Going to Will's pool party.
(c) Going out for pizza.
(d) Spending the night at her house that night.
10. About what does Ellie ask Will while they are chatting?
(a) Where he lives.
(b) Why he came over to her house.
(c) About Jennifer.
(d) Where he goes to school.
11. What does Ellie not understand concerning Mr. Morton?
(a) He knows so much about her.
(b) He would yell at her at a football game.
(c) He would care which poem she analyzed.
(d) He is mad at her, but not Lance.
12. What is Lance doing when Ellie finds him?
(a) Making out with Jennifer.
(b) Talking to Will's father about the game.
(c) Arm wrestling with Will.
(d) Arguing with Marco.
13. Who smiles at Ellie as she is walking down the hall?
(a) One of the guys she saw in the woods.
(b) A guy she meet in biology class.
(c) A guy she saw in the principal's office when she enrolled.
(d) The captain of the football team.
14. Why does Ellie decide to go for a run when she gets home from school?
(a) She wants to get Will off her mind.
(b) She is hoping to lose some weight before summer.
(c) She is going to try out for the track team.
(d) She is tired of being cooped up indoors.
15. What poem is Ellie assigned to write a report on for class?
(a) "How Do I Love Thee."
(b) "Sonnet 14."
(d) "The Wasteland."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Will's father disappointed in Will?
2. What does the Order of the Bear believe?
3. Whom does Ellie spot on the trail?
4. Who is Nancy?
5. What does Ellie do in anticipation of attending the game and party at Will's house?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)