|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ellie's parents' work status?
(a) They work together in their own business.
(b) They are on sabbatical.
(c) Ellie's father is an unemployed lawyer and her mother is a physician.
(d) They both quit their jobs recently.
2. What is an extracurricular sport Liz enjoys?
3. How does Will answer Ellie's question?
(a) He is home schooled.
(b) He came over because Ellie intrigues him.
(c) He lives in the country about five miles out of town.
(d) He does not want to talk about Jennifer.
4. Why is a member of the other team taken off on a stretcher?
(a) The boy knocks his head on the goal post.
(b) The boy breaks his leg when he falls wrong.
(c) Lance hits him really hard as payback.
(d) Lance loses his temper and trips the guy.
5. What does Ellie see as she opens her eyes while floating in the pool?
(a) Her mother is frowning at her.
(b) Will is standing over her.
(c) A hawk is about to grab a squirrel in the oak tree.
(d) Jennifer is on the edge of the pool.
6. Who smiles at Ellie as she is walking down the hall?
(a) A guy she saw in the principal's office when she enrolled.
(b) The captain of the football team.
(c) A guy she meet in biology class.
(d) One of the guys she saw in the woods.
7. Liz and Stacy think Ellie should try to date ____________.
(a) Anyone but Lance.
8. Who is Cavalier?
(a) Marco's screen name.
(b) Ellie's best friend's dog.
(c) Lance's nickname.
(d) Will's screen name.
9. Whom was Lancelot dating?
(a) Morgan Le Fey.
(b) The Lady of Avalon.
(c) The Lady of Shalot.
10. What is Will's relationship to Marco Campbell?
(b) Step brother.
11. What does Mr. Morton order Ellie to do?
(a) Make Lance write part of the report.
(b) Meet him Monday morning.
(c) Give the verbal presentation.
(d) Do the Beowulf poem and "Lady of Shalott."
12. How does Ellie interpret all of Will's friendly gestures?
(a) He is not that friendly to her.
(b) As flirting.
(c) As friendship.
(d) As nervousness.
13. What poem does Ellie trade with someone else so she does not have to do the one assigned her?
(a) "Sonnet 46."
(b) "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner."
(c) "The Lovesong of J. Alfred Prufrock."
(d) "The Lady of Shalot."
14. What does Liz say makes Ellie part of the in crowd?
(a) Being invited to Will's pool party.
(b) Living where she lives.
(c) Being paired with Lance in lit class.
(d) Making the track team.
15. What does Ellie do in anticipation of attending the game and party at Will's house?
(a) Has her hair streaked.
(b) Buys a new pair of jeans.
(c) Has her hair permed.
(d) Tries to dress glamorously.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie talk Liz and Stacy into doing after the game?
2. What does Will say about his mother?
3. What does Ellie remember as she is about to leave Will's party?
4. About what does Ellie joke concerning Will's feeling connected to her?
5. Who does Ellie think is nice?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)