|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Ellie happy when she observes Jennifer and Will?
(a) Jennifer and Will seem to just be friends.
(b) Jennifer and Will seem happy with each other.
(c) Jennifer is not at the party.
(d) Jennifer and Will do not speak to each other.
2. Where does Will's father work now?
(a) The Naval Academy.
(b) The Pentagon.
(c) Frodor's Publishing.
(d) The New York Times.
3. Why is Will hurt on the field?
(a) He is hit when jumping for a pass.
(b) One of the linemen slips and lets a tackle by.
(c) He is hit when jumping into the end zone.
(d) Lance does not guard him well.
4. What does Ellie think of the school itself?
(a) It's gloomy.
(b) It's wonderful.
(c) It's run down.
(d) It's old and ugly.
5. What kind of songs has Will been listening to in the ravine?
(d) Troubadour music.
6. Why did Will look Ellie up in the school directory?
(a) He thought she looked nice.
(b) He feels he's met her before.
(c) He wondered why she was running in the woods.
(d) He wanted to apologize to her.
7. Who is Nancy?
(a) Ellie's aunt.
(b) Ellie's best friend.
(c) Ellie's older sister.
(d) The housekeeper.
8. What does the Order of the Bear believe?
(a) Arthur's killer will return to commit another murder.
(b) Lancelot will someday be vindicated.
(c) Arthur will reincarnate and look for Guinevere.
(d) Arthur will come back to life.
9. What does Ellie see as she opens her eyes while floating in the pool?
(a) Her mother is frowning at her.
(b) A hawk is about to grab a squirrel in the oak tree.
(c) Will is standing over her.
(d) Jennifer is on the edge of the pool.
10. What does Liz say makes Ellie part of the in crowd?
(a) Being invited to Will's pool party.
(b) Being paired with Lance in lit class.
(c) Making the track team.
(d) Living where she lives.
11. Why is Ellie chatting with Liz after school?
(a) Liz asks Ellie about her last school.
(b) Ellie and Liz are chatting after track team practice.
(c) Ellie's mother is late picking her up.
(d) Ellie notices that Liz seems to have few friends.
12. Why is Ellie running with her father in the woods?
(a) She is supporting his exercise routine.
(b) They are trying to catch up to the neighborhood people in the run program.
(c) They are chasing a fox.
(d) They are chasing their Boston terrier.
13. Liz and Stacy think Ellie should try to date ____________.
(b) Anyone but Lance.
14. Whom does Ellie notice arguing?
(a) Geoff and his girlfriend.
(b) The three young people in the trail.
(c) Her father and another man Ellie does not know.
(d) Her father and Geoff.
15. What does Marco invite Ellie to do the next day?
(a) Go sailing with them.
(b) Go to a polo game.
(c) Go to a horse show.
(d) Go swimming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who smiles at Ellie as she is walking down the hall?
2. Why was Marco Campbell kicked out of school the year before?
3. About what does Ellie joke concerning Will's feeling connected to her?
4. What does Ellie leave the bleachers to do?
5. Where is Geoff when the story opens?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)