|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom was Lancelot dating?
(a) The Lady of Shalot.
(b) The Lady of Avalon.
(c) Morgan Le Fey.
2. Why has Will moved a lot in his childhood?
(a) His father is in the military.
(b) His mother loves to go to new places.
(c) His father is a travel guide writer.
(d) His mother is in the military.
3. Where does Will say he just ends up sometimes?
(a) In magical places.
(b) At beautiful girls' houses.
(c) In the ravine.
(d) At the basketball court.
4. What does the Order of the Bear believe?
(a) Arthur will reincarnate and look for Guinevere.
(b) Arthur will come back to life.
(c) Lancelot will someday be vindicated.
(d) Arthur's killer will return to commit another murder.
5. What does Ellie think of the school itself?
(a) It's wonderful.
(b) It's run down.
(c) It's old and ugly.
(d) It's gloomy.
6. Jennifer asked Ellie if Will mentioned what item the night before?
(a) A crystal.
(b) The sword.
(c) A stone.
(d) The lance.
7. What makes Ellie happy when she observes Jennifer and Will?
(a) Jennifer and Will seem happy with each other.
(b) Jennifer is not at the party.
(c) Jennifer and Will seem to just be friends.
(d) Jennifer and Will do not speak to each other.
8. What does Ellie leave the bleachers to do?
(a) To look for Liz.
(b) To find a quiet place to call her mother.
(c) To buy hot dogs.
(d) To find the restroom.
9. Will suggests that Ellie should ______________.
(a) Be his billiards partner.
(b) Talk with him in a back room.
(c) Change into a swimsuit.
(d) Try a wine cooler he makes.
10. Why does Ellie decide to go for a run when she gets home from school?
(a) She wants to get Will off her mind.
(b) She is tired of being cooped up indoors.
(c) She is going to try out for the track team.
(d) She is hoping to lose some weight before summer.
11. After whom is Ellie named?
(a) Eleanor of Aquitaine.
(b) The Lady of Shalot.
(c) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(d) The Lady of Avalon.
12. What does Ellie observe about Marco?
(a) He seems like he is on drugs.
(b) He seems shy.
(c) He seems surly.
(d) He seems well liked.
13. Where are Ellie and her parents living at the opening of the story?
(b) Washington, D. C.
14. Will pulls Ellie to the __________to talk to her.
(b) Pool room.
(c) Basement family room.
(d) Widow's walk.
15. Who is Nancy?
(a) Ellie's best friend.
(b) Ellie's aunt.
(c) Ellie's older sister.
(d) The housekeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poem does Ellie trade with someone else so she does not have to do the one assigned her?
2. Who does Ellie think is nice?
3. What is Ellie's screen name?
4. What does Ellie see as she opens her eyes while floating in the pool?
5. How does Ellie interpret all of Will's friendly gestures?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)