|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Geoff when the story opens?
(a) In the Army.
(b) Away at college.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) At a swim meet.
2. How does Ellie feel about Marco at the end of the evening?
3. How does Ellie interpret all of Will's friendly gestures?
(a) As nervousness.
(b) As friendship.
(c) He is not that friendly to her.
(d) As flirting.
4. What does Ellie observe about Marco?
(a) He seems like he is on drugs.
(b) He seems well liked.
(c) He seems surly.
(d) He seems shy.
5. Who is Nancy?
(a) Ellie's aunt.
(b) Ellie's best friend.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) Ellie's older sister.
6. Why is Will's father disappointed in Will?
(a) Will does not want to accept a Harvard scholarship.
(b) Will wants to travel for a year before college.
(c) Will does not want to be in the military.
(d) Will wants to join the Coast Guard.
7. What does Ellie think of the school itself?
(a) It's gloomy.
(b) It's wonderful.
(c) It's run down.
(d) It's old and ugly.
8. Will pulls Ellie to the __________to talk to her.
(a) Widow's walk.
(c) Basement family room.
(d) Pool room.
9. Where does the group go sailing the next day?
(b) Long Island.
10. What poem is Ellie assigned to write a report on for class?
(a) "The Wasteland."
(b) "How Do I Love Thee."
(c) "Sonnet 14."
11. What is Ellie's screen name?
12. Whom was Lancelot dating?
(b) Morgan Le Fey.
(c) The Lady of Avalon.
(d) The Lady of Shalot.
13. Where does Will's father work now?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) Frodor's Publishing.
(c) The Naval Academy.
(d) The Pentagon.
14. What is one thing Ellie enjoys doing?
(a) Drifting in the pool.
(b) Talking on the phone.
(c) Creating cryptograms.
(d) Researching antiques for her father.
15. Will suggests that Ellie should ______________.
(a) Try a wine cooler he makes.
(b) Change into a swimsuit.
(c) Talk with him in a back room.
(d) Be his billiards partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marco invite Ellie to do the next day?
2. Who smiles at Ellie as she is walking down the hall?
3. What is an extracurricular sport Liz enjoys?
4. Whom does Ellie spot on the trail?
5. After whom is Ellie named?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)