|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Ellie and her parents living at the opening of the story?
(b) Washington, D. C.
2. How does Ellie interpret all of Will's friendly gestures?
(a) As flirting.
(b) As friendship.
(c) He is not that friendly to her.
(d) As nervousness.
3. How does Ellie feel about Marco at the end of the evening?
4. What does Ellie talk Liz and Stacy into doing after the game?
(a) Spending the night at her house that night.
(b) Going to Will's pool party.
(c) Going out for pizza.
(d) Going to a late-night matinee at the movies.
5. About what does Ellie ask Will while they are chatting?
(a) Where he goes to school.
(b) Why he came over to her house.
(c) About Jennifer.
(d) Where he lives.
6. What does Ellie do that is out of character for her?
(a) Ignores her father and goes around him.
(b) Barely says hi to her brother.
(c) Ignores a friendly hi from the boy on the trail.
(d) Smiles back when the man on the trail smiles at her.
7. What does Will say about Ellie making the track team?
(a) Ellie needs to watch her back with Stacy.
(b) Ellie needs to watch her back with Liz.
(c) Ellie made the team because of her looks.
(d) Ellie will be a real asset to them.
8. Where does the group go sailing the next day?
(c) Long Island.
9. About what is Ellie's father writing a book?
(b) A sword.
(c) How to start your own business.
10. Liz and Stacy think Ellie should try to date ____________.
(a) Anyone but Lance.
11. Where does Will say he just ends up sometimes?
(a) In magical places.
(b) At the basketball court.
(c) At beautiful girls' houses.
(d) In the ravine.
12. About what does Ellie joke concerning Will's feeling connected to her?
(a) He believes in reincarnation.
(b) He's connected to her future.
(c) He has a brain tumor.
(d) His uses that line on all the girls.
13. What is Ellie's parents' work status?
(a) They both quit their jobs recently.
(b) Ellie's father is an unemployed lawyer and her mother is a physician.
(c) They work together in their own business.
(d) They are on sabbatical.
14. Whom does Ellie notice arguing?
(a) Her father and another man Ellie does not know.
(b) Geoff and his girlfriend.
(c) Her father and Geoff.
(d) The three young people in the trail.
15. After whom is Ellie named?
(a) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(b) Eleanor of Aquitaine.
(c) The Lady of Avalon.
(d) The Lady of Shalot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an extracurricular sport Liz enjoys?
2. What is Ellie's screen name?
3. What does Ellie see at the bottom of the ravine?
4. Why is Will hurt on the field?
5. What is Lance doing when Ellie finds him?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)