|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will confide to Ellie?
(a) Things have been strange for him lately.
(b) His father is missing.
(c) Jennifer broke up with him a few months ago.
(d) His family is moving at the end of the school year.
2. What does Marco invite Ellie to do the next day?
(a) Go sailing with them.
(b) Go swimming.
(c) Go to a polo game.
(d) Go to a horse show.
3. After whom is Ellie named?
(a) The Lady of Shalot.
(b) The Lady of Avalon.
(c) Eleanor of Aquitaine.
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt.
4. What is kept at the history museum in Washington, D. C.?
(a) One of the first anagrams ever discovered from ancient Greece.
(b) The sword Ellie's father is writing about.
(c) A book that had been in Ellie's family for generations.
(d) A rare antique humidor.
5. Why did Will look Ellie up in the school directory?
(a) He wondered why she was running in the woods.
(b) He thought she looked nice.
(c) He wanted to apologize to her.
(d) He feels he's met her before.
6. Jennifer asked Ellie if Will mentioned what item the night before?
(a) The lance.
(b) A stone.
(c) A crystal.
(d) The sword.
7. Where are Ellie and her parents living at the opening of the story?
(b) Washington, D. C.
8. Why is Will's father disappointed in Will?
(a) Will wants to join the Coast Guard.
(b) Will does not want to accept a Harvard scholarship.
(c) Will wants to travel for a year before college.
(d) Will does not want to be in the military.
9. Why is Ellie running with her father in the woods?
(a) They are trying to catch up to the neighborhood people in the run program.
(b) She is supporting his exercise routine.
(c) They are chasing their Boston terrier.
(d) They are chasing a fox.
10. Will suggests that Ellie should ______________.
(a) Try a wine cooler he makes.
(b) Change into a swimsuit.
(c) Talk with him in a back room.
(d) Be his billiards partner.
11. What does Liz say makes Ellie part of the in crowd?
(a) Living where she lives.
(b) Being invited to Will's pool party.
(c) Making the track team.
(d) Being paired with Lance in lit class.
12. How does Ellie feel about Marco at the end of the evening?
13. About what is Ellie's father writing a book?
(b) A sword.
(d) How to start your own business.
14. Why does Ellie read up on Camelot?
(a) Will mentions it.
(b) Ellie's mother is writing a book on the subject.
(c) Medieval romance intrigues Ellie.
(d) It's part of Ellie's World Literature class.
15. Where does Will say he just ends up sometimes?
(a) In magical places.
(b) At beautiful girls' houses.
(c) In the ravine.
(d) At the basketball court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Order of the Bear believe?
2. Whom does Ellie spot on the trail?
3. What does Will say about his mother?
4. Why has Will moved a lot in his childhood?
5. What poem is Ellie assigned to write a report on for class?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)