|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie do in anticipation of attending the game and party at Will's house?
(a) Has her hair permed.
(b) Buys a new pair of jeans.
(c) Tries to dress glamorously.
(d) Has her hair streaked.
2. What does Will confide to Ellie?
(a) His family is moving at the end of the school year.
(b) Things have been strange for him lately.
(c) His father is missing.
(d) Jennifer broke up with him a few months ago.
3. Will suggests that Ellie should ______________.
(a) Be his billiards partner.
(b) Change into a swimsuit.
(c) Try a wine cooler he makes.
(d) Talk with him in a back room.
4. Whom does Ellie notice arguing?
(a) Her father and another man Ellie does not know.
(b) Geoff and his girlfriend.
(c) Her father and Geoff.
(d) The three young people in the trail.
5. Whom was Lancelot dating?
(b) The Lady of Avalon.
(c) The Lady of Shalot.
(d) Morgan Le Fey.
6. How does Ellie interpret all of Will's friendly gestures?
(a) As flirting.
(b) As nervousness.
(c) He is not that friendly to her.
(d) As friendship.
7. How does Ellie feel about Marco at the end of the evening?
8. Why does Ellie read up on Camelot?
(a) Medieval romance intrigues Ellie.
(b) Will mentions it.
(c) It's part of Ellie's World Literature class.
(d) Ellie's mother is writing a book on the subject.
9. Why did Will look Ellie up in the school directory?
(a) He wondered why she was running in the woods.
(b) He wanted to apologize to her.
(c) He thought she looked nice.
(d) He feels he's met her before.
10. Who is Cavalier?
(a) Ellie's best friend's dog.
(b) Marco's screen name.
(c) Will's screen name.
(d) Lance's nickname.
11. Why is a member of the other team taken off on a stretcher?
(a) The boy knocks his head on the goal post.
(b) The boy breaks his leg when he falls wrong.
(c) Lance loses his temper and trips the guy.
(d) Lance hits him really hard as payback.
12. Why is Ellie running with her father in the woods?
(a) They are trying to catch up to the neighborhood people in the run program.
(b) They are chasing a fox.
(c) They are chasing their Boston terrier.
(d) She is supporting his exercise routine.
13. What makes Ellie happy when she observes Jennifer and Will?
(a) Jennifer and Will seem to just be friends.
(b) Jennifer and Will seem happy with each other.
(c) Jennifer is not at the party.
(d) Jennifer and Will do not speak to each other.
14. What is Ellie's parents' work status?
(a) Ellie's father is an unemployed lawyer and her mother is a physician.
(b) They work together in their own business.
(c) They are on sabbatical.
(d) They both quit their jobs recently.
15. Why is Will's father disappointed in Will?
(a) Will does not want to accept a Harvard scholarship.
(b) Will wants to travel for a year before college.
(c) Will does not want to be in the military.
(d) Will wants to join the Coast Guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Will say he just ends up sometimes?
2. What does Ellie leave the bleachers to do?
3. What does Ellie think of the school itself?
4. Who smiles at Ellie as she is walking down the hall?
5. Why does Mr. Morton yell at Ellie?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)