|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Will look Ellie up in the school directory?
(a) He feels he's met her before.
(b) He wanted to apologize to her.
(c) He wondered why she was running in the woods.
(d) He thought she looked nice.
2. After whom is Ellie named?
(a) The Lady of Avalon.
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(c) Eleanor of Aquitaine.
(d) The Lady of Shalot.
3. How does Ellie feel about Marco at the end of the evening?
4. Will suggests that Ellie should ______________.
(a) Try a wine cooler he makes.
(b) Change into a swimsuit.
(c) Be his billiards partner.
(d) Talk with him in a back room.
5. Who is Nancy?
(a) Ellie's older sister.
(b) Ellie's aunt.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) Ellie's best friend.
6. Why is Will hurt on the field?
(a) He is hit when jumping for a pass.
(b) One of the linemen slips and lets a tackle by.
(c) Lance does not guard him well.
(d) He is hit when jumping into the end zone.
7. Why was Marco Campbell kicked out of school the year before?
(a) For excessive absences.
(b) For trying to kill a teacher.
(c) For assault on the principal.
(d) For trying to rape another student.
8. What does Ellie wonder about what she saw at the bottom of the ravine?
(a) If the gopher can get up the steep banks of the ravine.
(b) If that might be brier rabbit.
(c) How the man got down there without a machete.
(d) If that is the same fox she and her father saw earlier.
9. What does Will say about his mother?
(a) She lives in New York.
(b) She lives in London.
(c) She died when he was born.
(d) She died in a car accident when he was six.
10. What does Ellie think of the majority of the kids at school?
(a) They are weird.
(b) They are snobs.
(c) They are boring.
(d) They are nice.
11. Why does Mr. Morton yell at Ellie?
(a) She traded off the Beowulf poem.
(b) She squirts ketchup on him.
(c) She accidentally bumps into him.
(d) She refuses to give the poetry report.
12. Where is Geoff when the story opens?
(a) In the Army.
(b) At a swim meet.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) Away at college.
13. Why is Ellie chatting with Liz after school?
(a) Ellie notices that Liz seems to have few friends.
(b) Ellie and Liz are chatting after track team practice.
(c) Ellie's mother is late picking her up.
(d) Liz asks Ellie about her last school.
14. Whom was Lancelot dating?
(a) Morgan Le Fey.
(b) The Lady of Shalot.
(d) The Lady of Avalon.
15. What does Ellie's mother invite Will to do?
(a) Stay for a swim and dinner.
(b) Talk to Ellie's father about the upcoming football game.
(c) Stay for a swim before he and Ellie go out to eat.
(d) Go with them to deliver some food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Morton order Ellie to do?
2. What does Liz say makes Ellie part of the in crowd?
3. Why is a member of the other team taken off on a stretcher?
4. What does Will say about Ellie making the track team?
5. Jennifer asked Ellie if Will mentioned what item the night before?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)