|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ellie read up on Camelot?
(a) It's part of Ellie's World Literature class.
(b) Will mentions it.
(c) Ellie's mother is writing a book on the subject.
(d) Medieval romance intrigues Ellie.
2. To whom is Lance talking on the sidelines?
(c) A recruiter.
3. Where does the group go sailing the next day?
(b) Long Island.
4. Whom does Ellie spot on the trail?
(a) Her brother Geoff.
(b) A man and a boy and girl.
(c) One of the guys from her class.
(d) Her father stopped and stooped over.
5. Why does Mr. Morton yell at Ellie?
(a) She accidentally bumps into him.
(b) She refuses to give the poetry report.
(c) She squirts ketchup on him.
(d) She traded off the Beowulf poem.
6. Who is Cavalier?
(a) Marco's screen name.
(b) Ellie's best friend's dog.
(c) Lance's nickname.
(d) Will's screen name.
7. What does Ellie wonder about what she saw at the bottom of the ravine?
(a) How the man got down there without a machete.
(b) If the gopher can get up the steep banks of the ravine.
(c) If that might be brier rabbit.
(d) If that is the same fox she and her father saw earlier.
8. After whom is Ellie named?
(a) Eleanor of Aquitaine.
(b) The Lady of Avalon.
(c) The Lady of Shalot.
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt.
9. To what did Admiral Wagner supposedly have his friend assigned?
(a) A dangerous war zone.
(b) An assignment on a battle cruiser.
(c) A cushy job at the Pentagon.
(d) A backwater naval base in Alaska.
10. Where are Ellie and her parents living at the opening of the story?
(c) Washington, D. C.
11. What kind of songs has Will been listening to in the ravine?
(c) Troubadour music.
12. About what does Ellie joke concerning Will's feeling connected to her?
(a) He has a brain tumor.
(b) He's connected to her future.
(c) His uses that line on all the girls.
(d) He believes in reincarnation.
13. What does Will say about Ellie making the track team?
(a) Ellie will be a real asset to them.
(b) Ellie made the team because of her looks.
(c) Ellie needs to watch her back with Stacy.
(d) Ellie needs to watch her back with Liz.
14. Ellie debated telling Will about __________.
(a) Jennifer and Marco.
(b) A poetry assingment.
(c) A rumor.
(d) Jennifer and Lance.
15. What poem is Ellie assigned to write a report on for class?
(a) "The Wasteland."
(c) "How Do I Love Thee."
(d) "Sonnet 14."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lance doing when Ellie finds him?
2. Who smiles at Ellie as she is walking down the hall?
3. Why is Ellie chatting with Liz after school?
4. What is Ellie's parents' work status?
5. What does Ellie leave the bleachers to do?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)