|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Will's father disappointed in Will?
(a) Will does not want to be in the military.
(b) Will does not want to accept a Harvard scholarship.
(c) Will wants to travel for a year before college.
(d) Will wants to join the Coast Guard.
2. What is Ellie's screen name?
3. What makes Ellie happy when she observes Jennifer and Will?
(a) Jennifer is not at the party.
(b) Jennifer and Will do not speak to each other.
(c) Jennifer and Will seem happy with each other.
(d) Jennifer and Will seem to just be friends.
4. What is Will's relationship to Marco Campbell?
(b) Step brother.
5. What poem does Ellie trade with someone else so she does not have to do the one assigned her?
(a) "The Lovesong of J. Alfred Prufrock."
(b) "The Lady of Shalot."
(c) "Sonnet 46."
(d) "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner."
6. What does Mr. Morton order Ellie to do?
(a) Do the Beowulf poem and "Lady of Shalott."
(b) Give the verbal presentation.
(c) Meet him Monday morning.
(d) Make Lance write part of the report.
7. What does Liz say makes Ellie part of the in crowd?
(a) Being paired with Lance in lit class.
(b) Living where she lives.
(c) Making the track team.
(d) Being invited to Will's pool party.
8. To what did Admiral Wagner supposedly have his friend assigned?
(a) A backwater naval base in Alaska.
(b) An assignment on a battle cruiser.
(c) A cushy job at the Pentagon.
(d) A dangerous war zone.
9. What does Ellie do that is out of character for her?
(a) Barely says hi to her brother.
(b) Ignores a friendly hi from the boy on the trail.
(c) Ignores her father and goes around him.
(d) Smiles back when the man on the trail smiles at her.
10. Why has Will moved a lot in his childhood?
(a) His father is in the military.
(b) His father is a travel guide writer.
(c) His mother is in the military.
(d) His mother loves to go to new places.
11. Why was Marco Campbell kicked out of school the year before?
(a) For trying to kill a teacher.
(b) For trying to rape another student.
(c) For excessive absences.
(d) For assault on the principal.
12. Why is Ellie running with her father in the woods?
(a) She is supporting his exercise routine.
(b) They are chasing their Boston terrier.
(c) They are chasing a fox.
(d) They are trying to catch up to the neighborhood people in the run program.
13. What does Ellie not understand concerning Mr. Morton?
(a) He is mad at her, but not Lance.
(b) He knows so much about her.
(c) He would care which poem she analyzed.
(d) He would yell at her at a football game.
14. Why did Will look Ellie up in the school directory?
(a) He wanted to apologize to her.
(b) He wondered why she was running in the woods.
(c) He thought she looked nice.
(d) He feels he's met her before.
15. What does Ellie leave the bleachers to do?
(a) To find the restroom.
(b) To find a quiet place to call her mother.
(c) To buy hot dogs.
(d) To look for Liz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Will pulls Ellie to the __________to talk to her.
2. Why is Ellie chatting with Liz after school?
3. What does Ellie's mother invite Will to do?
4. What does Ellie see at the bottom of the ravine?
5. Ellie debated telling Will about __________.
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)