|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ellie think is nice?
(a) Will's step-mother but not his father.
(b) Will's younger sister.
(c) Will's father but not his step-mother.
(d) Will's father and step-mother.
2. Whom does Ellie spot on the trail?
(a) Her brother Geoff.
(b) Her father stopped and stooped over.
(c) A man and a boy and girl.
(d) One of the guys from her class.
3. What does Ellie leave the bleachers to do?
(a) To find a quiet place to call her mother.
(b) To look for Liz.
(c) To buy hot dogs.
(d) To find the restroom.
4. What does Ellie see as she opens her eyes while floating in the pool?
(a) Jennifer is on the edge of the pool.
(b) A hawk is about to grab a squirrel in the oak tree.
(c) Will is standing over her.
(d) Her mother is frowning at her.
5. What kind of songs has Will been listening to in the ravine?
(a) Troubadour music.
6. Why is Ellie chatting with Liz after school?
(a) Ellie's mother is late picking her up.
(b) Ellie notices that Liz seems to have few friends.
(c) Liz asks Ellie about her last school.
(d) Ellie and Liz are chatting after track team practice.
7. Why is Will hurt on the field?
(a) He is hit when jumping into the end zone.
(b) One of the linemen slips and lets a tackle by.
(c) Lance does not guard him well.
(d) He is hit when jumping for a pass.
8. About what does Ellie joke concerning Will's feeling connected to her?
(a) He has a brain tumor.
(b) He believes in reincarnation.
(c) His uses that line on all the girls.
(d) He's connected to her future.
9. What is Will's father rumored to have done?
(a) Killed his best friend.
(b) Escaped from a prison camp in Vietnam.
(c) Killed his first wife.
(d) Worked as a Soviet spy.
10. About what does Ellie ask Will while they are chatting?
(a) Where he lives.
(b) About Jennifer.
(c) Why he came over to her house.
(d) Where he goes to school.
11. How does Ellie feel about Marco at the end of the evening?
12. How long has Ellie known Liz?
(a) One day.
(b) Her whole life.
(c) Several weeks.
(d) About a year.
13. Where are Ellie and her parents living at the opening of the story?
(d) Washington, D. C.
14. How does Will answer Ellie's question?
(a) He came over because Ellie intrigues him.
(b) He lives in the country about five miles out of town.
(c) He does not want to talk about Jennifer.
(d) He is home schooled.
15. What does Will confide to Ellie?
(a) His family is moving at the end of the school year.
(b) Jennifer broke up with him a few months ago.
(c) His father is missing.
(d) Things have been strange for him lately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ellie's parents' work status?
2. To what did Admiral Wagner supposedly have his friend assigned?
3. What poem is Ellie assigned to write a report on for class?
4. What does Ellie remember as she is about to leave Will's party?
5. What does Ellie see at the bottom of the ravine?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)