|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Will suggests that Ellie should ______________.
(a) Try a wine cooler he makes.
(b) Talk with him in a back room.
(c) Change into a swimsuit.
(d) Be his billiards partner.
2. Why does Ellie read up on Camelot?
(a) It's part of Ellie's World Literature class.
(b) Ellie's mother is writing a book on the subject.
(c) Medieval romance intrigues Ellie.
(d) Will mentions it.
3. What poem is Ellie assigned to write a report on for class?
(a) "How Do I Love Thee."
(b) "Sonnet 14."
(c) "The Wasteland."
4. Why is Ellie chatting with Liz after school?
(a) Ellie and Liz are chatting after track team practice.
(b) Liz asks Ellie about her last school.
(c) Ellie's mother is late picking her up.
(d) Ellie notices that Liz seems to have few friends.
5. What is Ellie's screen name?
6. About what does Ellie ask Will while they are chatting?
(a) Why he came over to her house.
(b) Where he lives.
(c) About Jennifer.
(d) Where he goes to school.
7. What does Ellie think of the school itself?
(a) It's gloomy.
(b) It's old and ugly.
(c) It's wonderful.
(d) It's run down.
8. How does Ellie interpret all of Will's friendly gestures?
(a) As flirting.
(b) As friendship.
(c) As nervousness.
(d) He is not that friendly to her.
9. About what does Ellie joke concerning Will's feeling connected to her?
(a) He has a brain tumor.
(b) He's connected to her future.
(c) He believes in reincarnation.
(d) His uses that line on all the girls.
10. What kind of songs has Will been listening to in the ravine?
(d) Troubadour music.
11. What does Ellie do that is out of character for her?
(a) Smiles back when the man on the trail smiles at her.
(b) Ignores a friendly hi from the boy on the trail.
(c) Barely says hi to her brother.
(d) Ignores her father and goes around him.
12. Ellie debated telling Will about __________.
(a) Jennifer and Lance.
(b) A poetry assingment.
(c) A rumor.
(d) Jennifer and Marco.
13. What does Ellie observe about Marco?
(a) He seems well liked.
(b) He seems like he is on drugs.
(c) He seems shy.
(d) He seems surly.
14. Whom does Ellie notice arguing?
(a) The three young people in the trail.
(b) Her father and Geoff.
(c) Geoff and his girlfriend.
(d) Her father and another man Ellie does not know.
15. Whom does Ellie spot on the trail?
(a) Her brother Geoff.
(b) A man and a boy and girl.
(c) One of the guys from her class.
(d) Her father stopped and stooped over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the group go sailing the next day?
2. Why is a member of the other team taken off on a stretcher?
3. Where does Will's father work now?
4. Who smiles at Ellie as she is walking down the hall?
5. Why was Marco Campbell kicked out of school the year before?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)