|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ellie debated telling Will about __________.
(a) A poetry assingment.
(b) Jennifer and Marco.
(c) Jennifer and Lance.
(d) A rumor.
2. Whom does Ellie notice arguing?
(a) Her father and Geoff.
(b) Geoff and his girlfriend.
(c) The three young people in the trail.
(d) Her father and another man Ellie does not know.
3. What is kept at the history museum in Washington, D. C.?
(a) The sword Ellie's father is writing about.
(b) One of the first anagrams ever discovered from ancient Greece.
(c) A book that had been in Ellie's family for generations.
(d) A rare antique humidor.
4. What does Ellie do in anticipation of attending the game and party at Will's house?
(a) Tries to dress glamorously.
(b) Has her hair permed.
(c) Has her hair streaked.
(d) Buys a new pair of jeans.
5. To whom is Lance talking on the sidelines?
(a) A recruiter.
6. Why is Will's father disappointed in Will?
(a) Will wants to join the Coast Guard.
(b) Will wants to travel for a year before college.
(c) Will does not want to be in the military.
(d) Will does not want to accept a Harvard scholarship.
7. Why was Marco Campbell kicked out of school the year before?
(a) For trying to kill a teacher.
(b) For trying to rape another student.
(c) For assault on the principal.
(d) For excessive absences.
8. What does Mr. Morton order Ellie to do?
(a) Do the Beowulf poem and "Lady of Shalott."
(b) Give the verbal presentation.
(c) Meet him Monday morning.
(d) Make Lance write part of the report.
9. What does Ellie see at the bottom of the ravine?
(a) A gopher turtle.
(b) A man.
(c) The fox.
(d) A rabbit.
10. What poem does Ellie trade with someone else so she does not have to do the one assigned her?
(a) "The Lady of Shalot."
(b) "Sonnet 46."
(c) "The Lovesong of J. Alfred Prufrock."
(d) "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner."
11. Who smiles at Ellie as she is walking down the hall?
(a) The captain of the football team.
(b) One of the guys she saw in the woods.
(c) A guy she saw in the principal's office when she enrolled.
(d) A guy she meet in biology class.
12. What does Will confide to Ellie?
(a) His family is moving at the end of the school year.
(b) Things have been strange for him lately.
(c) Jennifer broke up with him a few months ago.
(d) His father is missing.
13. About what is Ellie's father writing a book?
(b) How to start your own business.
(c) A sword.
14. Why does Ellie decide to go for a run when she gets home from school?
(a) She wants to get Will off her mind.
(b) She is hoping to lose some weight before summer.
(c) She is tired of being cooped up indoors.
(d) She is going to try out for the track team.
15. What kind of songs has Will been listening to in the ravine?
(a) Troubadour music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Morton yell at Ellie?
2. Where does Will's father work now?
3. Why is Ellie running with her father in the woods?
4. What does Ellie do that is out of character for her?
5. After whom is Ellie named?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)