|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the group go sailing the next day?
(c) Long Island.
2. About what does Ellie ask Will while they are chatting?
(a) About Jennifer.
(b) Where he goes to school.
(c) Why he came over to her house.
(d) Where he lives.
3. To whom is Lance talking on the sidelines?
(c) A recruiter.
4. Why is Ellie running with her father in the woods?
(a) They are chasing their Boston terrier.
(b) They are chasing a fox.
(c) She is supporting his exercise routine.
(d) They are trying to catch up to the neighborhood people in the run program.
5. Why did Will look Ellie up in the school directory?
(a) He thought she looked nice.
(b) He wondered why she was running in the woods.
(c) He wanted to apologize to her.
(d) He feels he's met her before.
6. Ellie debated telling Will about __________.
(a) A poetry assingment.
(b) A rumor.
(c) Jennifer and Marco.
(d) Jennifer and Lance.
7. What does Will say about his mother?
(a) She lives in London.
(b) She died when he was born.
(c) She died in a car accident when he was six.
(d) She lives in New York.
8. Will suggests that Ellie should ______________.
(a) Change into a swimsuit.
(b) Talk with him in a back room.
(c) Be his billiards partner.
(d) Try a wine cooler he makes.
9. What is one thing Ellie enjoys doing?
(a) Creating cryptograms.
(b) Researching antiques for her father.
(c) Talking on the phone.
(d) Drifting in the pool.
10. What does Ellie talk Liz and Stacy into doing after the game?
(a) Spending the night at her house that night.
(b) Going out for pizza.
(c) Going to Will's pool party.
(d) Going to a late-night matinee at the movies.
11. Where does Will say he just ends up sometimes?
(a) In the ravine.
(b) In magical places.
(c) At beautiful girls' houses.
(d) At the basketball court.
12. What poem is Ellie assigned to write a report on for class?
(a) "The Wasteland."
(b) "Sonnet 14."
(d) "How Do I Love Thee."
13. Why is a member of the other team taken off on a stretcher?
(a) The boy breaks his leg when he falls wrong.
(b) Lance hits him really hard as payback.
(c) The boy knocks his head on the goal post.
(d) Lance loses his temper and trips the guy.
14. Where is Geoff when the story opens?
(a) Away at college.
(b) At a swim meet.
(c) In the Army.
(d) In the hospital.
15. Why does Mr. Morton yell at Ellie?
(a) She accidentally bumps into him.
(b) She refuses to give the poetry report.
(c) She traded off the Beowulf poem.
(d) She squirts ketchup on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie's mother quote at dinner?
2. Who does Ellie think is nice?
3. What does Ellie think of the school itself?
4. Why does Ellie read up on Camelot?
5. What does Ellie leave the bleachers to do?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)