|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Lance talking on the sidelines?
(b) A recruiter.
2. Where does Will say he just ends up sometimes?
(a) In the ravine.
(b) At the basketball court.
(c) At beautiful girls' houses.
(d) In magical places.
3. Where does the group go sailing the next day?
(d) Long Island.
4. Will suggests that Ellie should ______________.
(a) Try a wine cooler he makes.
(b) Be his billiards partner.
(c) Change into a swimsuit.
(d) Talk with him in a back room.
5. What does Ellie feel as she is running?
(a) She is frustrated that her father is faster.
(b) She is tired.
(c) She has been transported to another time.
(d) She is upset that her mother wants her to run.
6. Why did Will look Ellie up in the school directory?
(a) He feels he's met her before.
(b) He thought she looked nice.
(c) He wanted to apologize to her.
(d) He wondered why she was running in the woods.
7. Why is a member of the other team taken off on a stretcher?
(a) The boy breaks his leg when he falls wrong.
(b) Lance loses his temper and trips the guy.
(c) The boy knocks his head on the goal post.
(d) Lance hits him really hard as payback.
8. What is kept at the history museum in Washington, D. C.?
(a) The sword Ellie's father is writing about.
(b) A rare antique humidor.
(c) One of the first anagrams ever discovered from ancient Greece.
(d) A book that had been in Ellie's family for generations.
9. What does Ellie talk Liz and Stacy into doing after the game?
(a) Spending the night at her house that night.
(b) Going to Will's pool party.
(c) Going out for pizza.
(d) Going to a late-night matinee at the movies.
10. Where is Geoff when the story opens?
(a) At a swim meet.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) In the Army.
(d) Away at college.
11. What makes Ellie happy when she observes Jennifer and Will?
(a) Jennifer is not at the party.
(b) Jennifer and Will do not speak to each other.
(c) Jennifer and Will seem to just be friends.
(d) Jennifer and Will seem happy with each other.
12. Why is Ellie chatting with Liz after school?
(a) Liz asks Ellie about her last school.
(b) Ellie notices that Liz seems to have few friends.
(c) Ellie and Liz are chatting after track team practice.
(d) Ellie's mother is late picking her up.
13. Whom does Ellie spot on the trail?
(a) Her brother Geoff.
(b) A man and a boy and girl.
(c) Her father stopped and stooped over.
(d) One of the guys from her class.
14. Whom was Lancelot dating?
(a) Morgan Le Fey.
(b) The Lady of Avalon.
(c) The Lady of Shalot.
15. Why was Marco Campbell kicked out of school the year before?
(a) For trying to rape another student.
(b) For excessive absences.
(c) For trying to kill a teacher.
(d) For assault on the principal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ellie think is nice?
2. Who is Nancy?
3. Why does Mr. Morton yell at Ellie?
4. What kind of songs has Will been listening to in the ravine?
5. What does Ellie's mother invite Will to do?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)