|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jennifer asked Ellie if Will mentioned what item the night before?
(a) A crystal.
(b) The sword.
(c) The lance.
(d) A stone.
2. Where is Geoff when the story opens?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) In the Army.
(c) Away at college.
(d) At a swim meet.
3. Will pulls Ellie to the __________to talk to her.
(a) Pool room.
(b) Basement family room.
(d) Widow's walk.
4. What poem is Ellie assigned to write a report on for class?
(a) "Sonnet 14."
(c) "How Do I Love Thee."
(d) "The Wasteland."
5. Who smiles at Ellie as she is walking down the hall?
(a) The captain of the football team.
(b) A guy she meet in biology class.
(c) One of the guys she saw in the woods.
(d) A guy she saw in the principal's office when she enrolled.
6. Whom does Ellie spot on the trail?
(a) Her brother Geoff.
(b) Her father stopped and stooped over.
(c) A man and a boy and girl.
(d) One of the guys from her class.
7. What does Ellie not understand concerning Mr. Morton?
(a) He knows so much about her.
(b) He would care which poem she analyzed.
(c) He would yell at her at a football game.
(d) He is mad at her, but not Lance.
8. Will suggests that Ellie should ______________.
(a) Talk with him in a back room.
(b) Change into a swimsuit.
(c) Be his billiards partner.
(d) Try a wine cooler he makes.
9. Why is Will's father disappointed in Will?
(a) Will does not want to accept a Harvard scholarship.
(b) Will wants to join the Coast Guard.
(c) Will wants to travel for a year before college.
(d) Will does not want to be in the military.
10. Why does Ellie read up on Camelot?
(a) Ellie's mother is writing a book on the subject.
(b) It's part of Ellie's World Literature class.
(c) Medieval romance intrigues Ellie.
(d) Will mentions it.
11. What does Ellie observe about Marco?
(a) He seems shy.
(b) He seems surly.
(c) He seems like he is on drugs.
(d) He seems well liked.
12. Where does Will say he just ends up sometimes?
(a) In the ravine.
(b) At the basketball court.
(c) In magical places.
(d) At beautiful girls' houses.
13. What does Ellie's mother quote at dinner?
(a) "The Charge of the Light Brigade."
(b) "The Lady of Shalott."
(c) "The Raven."
14. What does Marco invite Ellie to do the next day?
(a) Go sailing with them.
(b) Go to a polo game.
(c) Go to a horse show.
(d) Go swimming.
15. Why does Ellie decide to go for a run when she gets home from school?
(a) She wants to get Will off her mind.
(b) She is hoping to lose some weight before summer.
(c) She is tired of being cooped up indoors.
(d) She is going to try out for the track team.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liz say makes Ellie part of the in crowd?
2. What is Ellie's screen name?
3. What does Will confide to Ellie?
4. What does Will say about Ellie making the track team?
5. What does Ellie do in anticipation of attending the game and party at Will's house?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)