Chapters 1 - 6.
1. Where are Ellie and her parents living at the opening of the story?
(b) Washington, D. C.
2. What is Ellie's parents' work status?
(a) They work together in their own business.
(b) They both quit their jobs recently.
(c) Ellie's father is an unemployed lawyer and her mother is a physician.
(d) They are on sabbatical.
3. About what is Ellie's father writing a book?
(a) A sword.
(d) How to start your own business.
4. What is kept at the history museum in Washington, D. C.?
(a) A rare antique humidor.
(b) One of the first anagrams ever discovered from ancient Greece.
(c) The sword Ellie's father is writing about.
(d) A book that had been in Ellie's family for generations.
5. What is one thing Ellie enjoys doing?
(a) Talking on the phone.
(b) Drifting in the pool.
(c) Researching antiques for her father.
(d) Creating cryptograms.
6. Who is Nancy?
(a) The housekeeper.
(b) Ellie's best friend.
(c) Ellie's older sister.
(d) Ellie's aunt.
This section contains 5,542 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)