Chapters 1 - 6.
1. Where are Ellie and her parents living at the opening of the story?
(b) Washington, D. C.
2. What is Ellie's parents' work status?
(a) They are on sabbatical.
(b) They work together in their own business.
(c) They both quit their jobs recently.
(d) Ellie's father is an unemployed lawyer and her mother is a physician.
3. About what is Ellie's father writing a book?
(b) How to start your own business.
(d) A sword.
4. What is kept at the history museum in Washington, D. C.?
(a) A rare antique humidor.
(b) The sword Ellie's father is writing about.
(c) A book that had been in Ellie's family for generations.
(d) One of the first anagrams ever discovered from ancient Greece.
5. What is one thing Ellie enjoys doing?
(a) Drifting in the pool.
(b) Talking on the phone.
(c) Creating cryptograms.
(d) Researching antiques for her father.
6. Who is Nancy?
(a) Ellie's older sister.
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) Ellie's best friend.
(d) Ellie's aunt.
This section contains 5,542 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)