|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first soul Muller stated that he lead to Christ?
2. What new ministry burdened Muller in January 1839?
3. To which organization did Dr. Tholuck belong?
4. Where did Muller first pastor a church?
5. What did Muller find more excellent than the preaching of the word of God?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Muller do when he was laid up with illness for a month in 1837?
2. Why did Muller and his wife never contract debt?
3. Why was Muller dissatisfied with the existing religious societies of his day?
4. How did Muller earn money to continue in seminary after his father disowned him?
5. What did Muller warn about a full schedule of working for the Lord?
6. For what reasons did Muller decide to receive donations by a box in the chapel?
7. On January 9, 1834, what did Muller say about the preaching at Brislington?
8. Why did Muller believe that the Lord lead him to leave Bristol in September 1839?
9. What did Muller do when he was 16?
10. Summarize the first years of George Muller's life.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Muller said: "On this journey I acted like Judas. I managed the money so that the journey cost me only two thirds of what it cost my friends." Contrast Muller's feelings and activities leading up to, during and after his trip to Switzerland with his feelings and activities after his conversion.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the circumstances surrounding Muller's leading his first soul to a saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. Why did he consider it such a blessing?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the different ways and various times that Dr. Tholuck was used to influence Muller and his direction in working for the Lord.
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)