|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Muller live in Nordausen?
2. When was Muller's daughter born?
3. When did Muller marry?
4. After Muller decided to live by faith, what did he do when he needed money?
5. How did Muller voice his needs for the first orphanage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Muller meditate about when he thought of this verse? Hebrews 13:8: "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."
2. How did Muller's father react to Muller's conversion and desire to serve the Lord?
3. What kinds of questions did Muller suggest that a believer might ask as he reads the word of God?
4. What happened on the afternoon of April 22, 1832?
5. What decision was made about rent for the orphan houses in 1838?
6. On January 9, 1834, what did Muller say about the preaching at Brislington?
7. According to Muller, why do some businessmen suffer in their spiritual lives?
8. How did Muller change his preparation for preaching when he temporarily preached at Teignmouth Chapel?
9. According to Muller, how did the Lord provide for the orphans on September 18, 1838?
10. For what reasons did Muller decide to receive donations by a box in the chapel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Muller said: "On this journey I acted like Judas. I managed the money so that the journey cost me only two thirds of what it cost my friends." Contrast Muller's feelings and activities leading up to, during and after his trip to Switzerland with his feelings and activities after his conversion.
Essay Topic 2
In 1851, Muller wrote eight reasons for establishing another orphan house. Summarize and explain the eight reasons.
Essay Topic 3
Muller said, "Perhaps I had gone too far living by faith." Explain the circumstances surrounding Muller's first trial of faith. How did the trial end? How did he feel afterward?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)