|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the oldest convert to be baptized on August 29, 1838?
2. Where did Muller live in Nordausen?
3. On September 6, 1838, what did Muller tell the matron of the infant orphan home who asked for money?
4. What did Muller and Craik call their new religious society?
5. Where was the first place Muller went to help children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Muller do when he was 16?
2. How was Muller's former classmate Beta instrumental in changing Muller's life?
3. What was Muller's report on December 31, 1837?
4. Who was Beta and what did he and Muller do together?
5. Why did Muller decide to not be supported as a missionary by the London Society?
6. What kinds of questions did Muller suggest that a believer might ask as he reads the word of God?
7. How did Muller earn money to continue in seminary after his father disowned him?
8. Why did Muller and his wife never contract debt?
9. Why was Muller dissatisfied with the existing religious societies of his day?
10. According to the introduction, what did George Muller look like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
On December 30, 1845, Muller applied two points from the first chapter of Ezra to the orphan house. What two points are in that chapter and how did Muller apply them?
Essay Topic 2
1 Corinthians 16:2: "Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come." Describe what reasons Muller gives for telling others that they should give financially to the Lord. Include the other verses he uses to support what he says.
Essay Topic 3
"Do not attempt to imitate me in this matter if you do not have the faith." What are the circumstances that prompted Muller to say this? Why would he say this?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)