|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would Muller not associate with existing religious societies?
2. On September 6, 1838, what did Muller tell the matron of the infant orphan home who asked for money?
3. What did Beta invite Muller to attend?
4. Where was Muller sent to prepare for university?
5. In whose name did Muller pray?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was unusual about the August 29, 1838, water baptism?
2. What was Muller's report on December 31, 1837?
3. Mark 14:7: "For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always." What did this verse prompt Muller to do?
4. What was Muller's primary reason for establishing an orphanage?
5. What happened on the afternoon of April 22, 1832?
6. How did Muller's activities change after his conversion?
7. How was Muller's former classmate Beta instrumental in changing Muller's life?
8. Why did Muller decide to not be supported as a missionary by the London Society?
9. What kind of activities did Muller engage in while at Halberstadt?
10. What kinds of questions did Muller suggest that a believer might ask as he reads the word of God?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the different ways and various times that Dr. Tholuck was used to influence Muller and his direction in working for the Lord.
Essay Topic 2
Muller said, "[God] listens to the supplications of His children who put their trust in Him." What did Muller say was the absolute required first step for anyone to have prayers answered? What two general things did Muller say must be true about any specific prayer? Explain the remaining steps Muller proposed. Explain his reasoning for all the steps.
Essay Topic 3
On December of 1850, "sixteen years and nine months since I began the Scriptural Knowledge Institute for Home and Abroad," Muller considers building another orphan house. Compare and contrast what he says about secular orphan houses contemporary to his. Tell why he feels that he is personally able to take on another house and the benefits the new house would bring.
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)