|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the August 22, 1839, entry, what is the Bible reference for "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon Earth"?
(a) John 6:19.
(b) Matthew 6:19.
(c) Mark 6:19.
(d) Luke 6:19.
2. What did Beta invite Muller to attend?
(a) A church service.
(b) A prayer meeting.
(c) A missionary society.
(d) A revival meeting.
3. Why did Muller decide to leave Bristol in September 1839?
(a) Because he took a vacation.
(b) Because of his poor health.
(c) Because his father was ill.
(d) Because he was looking for land.
4. What did Muller need to be admitted to a German missionary institution?
(a) A university degree.
(b) A recommendation from a pastor.
(c) His father's permission.
(d) One hundred pounds.
5. From a December 1838 entry -- from April 11, 1836, to December 9, 1838 -- how many orphans did Muller say had been cared for?
6. How did Muller plan to fund his orphanage?
(a) He would work at a job and save.
(b) He would borrow from a bank.
(c) He trusted God to move men to donate.
(d) He planned a fund-raising campaign.
7. According to Muller, what is a Christian not to do with an unregenerated man?
(a) Pray for him.
(b) Help him.
(c) Preach to him.
(d) Fellowship with him.
8. In which country did Hermann Ball serve as a missionary?
9. In the September 5, 1838, entry, what is the Bible reference for "Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof"?
(a) Matthew 6:34.
(b) Matthew 5:23.
(c) Matthew 7:13.
(d) Matthew 8:27.
10. On May 18, 1837, how many children lived in the first two orphanages?
11. How did Muller voice his needs for the first orphanage?
(a) By posting a sign on the house.
(b) By speaking to other Christians.
(c) By praying to God.
(d) By advertising in a local paper.
12. How did Muller's father respond to his son's aspirations to become a missionary?
(a) He was angry.
(b) He was uninterested.
(c) He was disappointed.
(d) He was happy.
13. On August 29, 1838, how many believers were baptized in water?
14. What did Muller and Craik call their new religious society?
(a) The Bible Learning Society for Foreign Missions.
(b) The Scriptural Knowledge Institution for Foreign Missions.
(c) The Bible Knowledge Society for Home and Abroad.
(d) The Scriptural Knowledge Institution for Home and Abroad.
15. Where did Muller go at age 20?
(a) University of Edinburgh.
(b) University of London.
(c) University of Hamburg.
(d) University of Halle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which language did Muller not master?
2. Who went to preach with Muller in Torquay?
3. What was the age range for the first infant orphan house?
4. When did Muller marry?
5. Where did Muller live in Nordausen?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)