|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Muller go at age 20?
(a) University of Hamburg.
(b) University of Halle.
(c) University of London.
(d) University of Edinburgh.
2. Who recommended Muller help some Americans?
(a) Dr. McGillicuddy.
(b) Dr. Chesterfield.
(c) Dr. Thurgood.
(d) Dr. Tholuck.
3. What was the initial age range for accepting orphans in the first orphanage?
(a) 7 to 12.
(b) 5 to 13.
(c) 8 to 10.
(d) 6 to 11.
4. According to Muller, what is one thing that makes prayer difficult?
(a) The preoccupation of the mind.
(b) The weakness of the flesh.
(c) The interuptions of daily life.
(d) The necessicity of remaining still and quiet.
5. Where did Brother Kayser go to be a missionary?
(d) Papua New Guinea.
6. Where did Muller first pastor a church?
7. When did Muller marry?
(a) October 9, 1833.
(b) October 7, 1830.
(c) October 6, 1832.
(d) October 8, 1831.
8. Who wrote for Muller to come help at Bristol?
(a) Brother Heinrich.
(b) Brother Edington.
(c) Brother Conway.
(d) Brother Craik.
9. What was given to Muller on May 28, 1833?
(a) Money for a mission trip to Bucharest.
(b) A new Bible.
(c) A new suit of clothes.
(d) Sixty pounds for bread to feed the poor.
10. In whose name did Muller pray?
(a) In the name of the Trinity.
(b) In the name of God.
(c) In the name of the Holy Spirit.
(d) In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
11. In 1838, how were the orphan houses heated?
(a) With natural gas.
(b) With peat.
(c) With firewood.
(d) With coal.
12. What did Muller believe that the Bible says about spiritual matters from his day until now?
(a) That the world will be converted.
(b) That the world will be damned.
(c) That things will become spiritually better.
(d) That things will become spiritually worse.
13. What did Beta invite Muller to attend?
(a) A church service.
(b) A missionary society.
(c) A prayer meeting.
(d) A revival meeting.
14. To which organization did Dr. Tholuck belong?
(a) Society for Promoting Christianity.
(b) Asian Outreach Society.
(c) Jews for Jesus.
(d) London Missionary Society.
15. Why would Muller not associate with existing religious societies?
(a) They required too much time.
(b) Their beliefs were heretical.
(c) They asked for money.
(d) They did not follow the word of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Muller paid as a pastor after October 1830?
2. Which organization wanted to send a minister to Bucharest?
3. What does Muller say a Christian believes about prayer?
4. Why did Muller decide to leave Bristol in September 1839?
5. Who was the first soul Muller stated that he lead to Christ?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)