|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Muller not associate with existing religious societies?
(a) They asked for money.
(b) They did not follow the word of God.
(c) They required too much time.
(d) Their beliefs were heretical.
2. How many languages did Muller master?
3. What did Muller believe happened in Nordhausen as a result of his sinful lifestyle?
(a) He denounced God.
(b) He was ill for 13 weeks.
(c) He became an alcoholic.
(d) He left school.
4. By July 12, 1837, how many day schools had been established?
5. What year was Muller born?
6. Where was the first place Muller went to help children?
(a) London, England.
(b) Frankfurt, Germany.
(c) Bonn, Germany.
(d) Bristol, England.
7. Where did Brother Kayser go to be a missionary?
(b) Papua New Guinea.
8. What was unique about Muller's library?
(a) He shared his library with his father.
(b) He didn't have one.
(c) It had several hundred books.
(d) It had only a few books.
9. How did Muller voice his needs for the first orphanage?
(a) By praying to God.
(b) By speaking to other Christians.
(c) By posting a sign on the house.
(d) By advertising in a local paper.
10. What was one reason Muller wanted to change his lifestyle?
(a) To find a wife.
(b) To get right with God.
(c) To make his father proud.
(d) To earn a good living.
11. In whose name did Muller pray?
(a) In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
(b) In the name of the Holy Spirit.
(c) In the name of the Trinity.
(d) In the name of God.
12. Which language did Muller not master?
13. What was the age range for the first infant orphan house?
(a) Under 4.
(b) Under 5.
(c) Under 7.
(d) Under 6.
14. In December 1838, how much was given for the school, Bible and missionary fund?
(a) 75 pounds.
(b) 25 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 50 pounds.
15. In the introduction, what does Muller write that a Christian should ask as he reads the Bible?
(a) What can these words mean?
(b) How can I understand this?
(c) Does this apply to me?
(d) Why should I believe this?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the November 25, 1835, entry, what is the Bible reference for "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you"?
2. How did Muller's father respond to his son's aspirations to become a missionary?
3. What does Muller say washed away his sins?
4. On October 9, 1838, how many loaves of bread did a baker leave as a gift to the orphanage?
5. What is the definition of epistle?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)