|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Muller marry?
(a) Mary Groves.
(b) Hannah Wysmith.
(c) Sarah Johnson.
(d) Elisabeth Henry.
2. According to the January 15, 1838, entry, what is the Bible reference for "O thou that hearest prayer"?
(a) Psalm 34:34.
(b) Psalm 29:78.
(c) Psalm 98:12.
(d) Psalm 65:2.
3. How did Muller's father respond to his son's aspirations to become a missionary?
(a) He was happy.
(b) He was uninterested.
(c) He was disappointed.
(d) He was angry.
4. Where was Muller born?
5. Why did Muller decide to leave Bristol in September 1839?
(a) Because he was looking for land.
(b) Because of his poor health.
(c) Because his father was ill.
(d) Because he took a vacation.
6. In the introduction, what did Muller state as his greatest hope?
(a) That all his orphans would be converted.
(b) That the Lord would return in his lifetime.
(c) That God would supply all his needs.
(d) That others would develop faith like his.
7. What word does Muller use to define the events of September 1838?
8. What was unique about Muller's library?
(a) He shared his library with his father.
(b) It had only a few books.
(c) It had several hundred books.
(d) He didn't have one.
9. After Muller decided to live by faith, what did he do when he needed money?
(a) Asked for donations.
(b) Borrowed from a friend.
(c) Found a temporary job.
10. What did Beta invite Muller to attend?
(a) A missionary society.
(b) A revival meeting.
(c) A church service.
(d) A prayer meeting.
11. In December 1838, how much was given for the school, Bible and missionary fund?
(a) 75 pounds.
(b) 25 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
12. According to the September 7, 1839, entry, where did Muller go when he left Bristol?
(a) Isle of Wight.
13. Where did Brother Kayser go to be a missionary?
(d) Papua New Guinea.
14. How was the actual house for the very first orphanage obtained?
(a) It was built.
(b) It was purchased.
(c) It was given as a gift.
(d) It was lent by an interested party.
15. In the December 5, 1835, entry, what is the Bible reference for "Open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it"?
(a) Psalm 12:13.
(b) Psalm 81:10.
(c) Psalm 100:1.
(d) Psalm 23:4.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Muller preached at Pithay Chapel?
2. Why would Muller not associate with existing religious societies?
3. What new ministry burdened Muller in January 1839?
4. On October 9, 1838, how many loaves of bread did a baker leave as a gift to the orphanage?
5. Who wrote for Muller to come help at Bristol?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)