|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What project did Eleanor and her UN committee work on?
2. In Leningrad, Eleanor viewed an experiment based on the work of whom?
3. Where did Eleanor stay in England?
4. What did Committee Three of the UN address?
5. Which of the following countries separated from India?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think the loss of Eleanor's parents at a relatively early age may have had an impact on her? If so, how do you think it would have affected her life and the content she included in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the difference between denotation and connotation. How does this related to the word "wife" in terms of Eleanor's book?
Essay Topic 3
How did certain events in Eleanor's book evoke a climatic feeling? What is it about Franklin's death that evokes a sense of climax? Does it have anything to do with anticipation or what you already knew before you read Eleanor's book?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)