|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following places did Eleanor not take her granddaughter to in 1959?
2. What was Eleanor's impression of Israel?
3. What was Eleanor's primary interest after she visited the Soviet Union in 1958?
4. Which refugee camps did Eleanor visit in 1952?
5. Where did Eleanor take her big trip to in 1943?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several humorous anecdotes Eleanor included in her book. Identify at least two of these instances and describe why Eleanor may have communicated an idea using an anecdote in this particular situation.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the way Eleanor addressed the role of women in her book. Why did she choose to address this topic in particular? Did you learn anything about the role of women that you didn't know before?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Eleanor and Franklin. How were they different? How were they the same?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)