|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranged Eleanor's travel schedule in the Soviet Union?
2. Which of the following members of royalty did not visit the Roosevelts in the White House?
3. When Eleanor took part in an exchange program, where did she go?
4. Where did Eleanor learn about Chinese propaganda against the UN?
5. What was Eleanor's impression of people in the refugee camps?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the way Eleanor addressed the role of women in her book. Why did she choose to address this topic in particular? Did you learn anything about the role of women that you didn't know before?
Essay Topic 2
Eleanor indicated that setting in terms of the United States during WWII was significant to her experiences as a first lady. Describe what she said about this particular setting and what role place and time play in Eleanor's experiences as conveyed in the book.
Essay Topic 3
There are several humorous anecdotes Eleanor included in her book. Identify at least two of these instances and describe why Eleanor may have communicated an idea using an anecdote in this particular situation.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)