|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was nominated to be Roosevelt's running mate in 1940?
2. In what month during 1944 did the Allied invasion of Europe begin?
3. What was the name of Eleanor's secretary?
4. What was Eleanor's impression of people in the refugee camps?
5. How did Eleanor become curious about Communist countries?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Summarize Eleanor's family of origin. Why would Eleanor include these chapters in her book? What information did she give about her mother, father, and siblings?
Essay Topic 2
After Franklin's death, what organizations did Eleanor become involved with? Which of these do you think had the biggest impact on her personal development?
Essay Topic 3
Eleanor indicated that setting in terms of the United States during WWII was significant to her experiences as a first lady. Describe what she said about this particular setting and what role place and time play in Eleanor's experiences as conveyed in the book.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)