|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of lessons did Eleanor take after the vice presidential election?
2. After the vice presidential election, where did the Roosevelts move?
3. Where did Eleanor and Franklin spend their honeymoon?
4. Where did Eleanor and her siblings spend the winters?
5. Why didn't the Roosevelts return from their summer vacation on time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eleanor's feelings when her daughter, Anna, went to boarding school.
2. What was Eleanor's impression of the refugee camps in the Middle East?
3. How did Franklin's vice-presidential nomination affect Eleanor?
4. How did Eleanor become aware at a young age that there is much suffering in the world?
5. Describe Eleanor's relationship with her biological parents.
6. Describe Eleanor's "coming out" as a debutante..
7. What is your impression of how Eleanor dealt with being First Lady during an international war?
8. Who comes to visit the White House in early 1944?
9. Why do you think it was the hardest for Eleanor to send her youngest child to boarding school?
10. Describe Eleanor's interactions with the King and Queen of Greece.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of juxtaposition in literature? Describe one discipline in Eleanor's book that you think is a good example of a juxtaposition of another discipline. Why do you think she may have presented concepts in her book this way?
Essay Topic 2
What role did less well-known people play in Eleanor's book? What advantages and disadvantages were there to having so many people in this book? Would you have preferred that Eleanor included fewer people? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the way Eleanor addressed the role of women in her book. Why did she choose to address this topic in particular? Did you learn anything about the role of women that you didn't know before?
This section contains 1,302 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)