|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who died at the end of Chapter 10?
2. Whom did Franklin take with him to Houston?
3. Did Eleanor actively campaign in Franklin's campaign for re-election in 1936?
4. In 1916, where did the Roosevelts spend the summer?
5. What did Franklin do after losing the vice presidential election?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Eleanor's impression of Yugoslavia and President Tito?
2. Describe Eleanor's trip to the Pacific.
3. Eleanor states that she didn't like being separated from her children. Do you think this affected her duties as a politician's wife? Why?
4. Describe Eleanor's feelings when her daughter, Anna, went to boarding school.
5. Summarize Eleanor's first ten years of marriage. What were her main duties?
6. What is your impression of how Eleanor dealt with being First Lady during an international war?
7. How did Eleanor feel about being the only female delegate on the UN General Assembly?
8. How did Eleanor become aware at a young age that there is much suffering in the world?
9. Describe Eleanor's reasoning for separating from the youth organizations she was involved with in 1939 and 1940.
10. How much of Eleanor's advice do you think Franklin took seriously? Why do you think that?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think was Eleanor's main goal in writing this book? What did she want readers to take away from the book, or to understand better after reading it?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Eleanor as a shy, young wife and Eleanor at the time the book ends. How did Eleanor's life change? How did she stay the same?
Essay Topic 3
There are several humorous anecdotes Eleanor included in her book. Identify at least two of these instances and describe why Eleanor may have communicated an idea using an anecdote in this particular situation.
This section contains 1,289 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)