|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position was Franklin campaigning for in 1910?
(b) State senator.
2. How did the social structure in Washington change after the war began?
(a) There were more gatherings.
(b) There was no change.
(c) There were no more social calls.
(d) There was the same number of gatherings, but conversations were altered.
3. What did Franklin think about his wife's advice regarding politics?
(a) He frequently asked her to be quiet.
(b) He did not think she was able to make those types of decisions.
(c) He listened to her and always did what she said.
(d) He respected it, but didn't always follow it.
4. Where was the Roosevelts' youngest son at boarding school?
(c) It is not said.
5. Where did Eleanor go after finishing school?
(c) New York.
(d) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Franklin in August 1921?
2. Where was Eleanor when Uncle Ted died?
3. How were Eleanor and Franklin related?
4. How old was Anna when she was sent to boarding school?
5. In 1915, where was the World's Fair held?
Short Essay Questions
1. What description does Eleanor give about Campobello?
2. Compare Eleanor's views of how Russians were helping the world and how Americans were helping the world in 1959.
3. Describe Eleanor's opinion of Secret Service protection.
4. Why do you think it was the hardest for Eleanor to send her youngest child to boarding school?
5. How was Franklin's death foreshadowed in Chapter 27?
6. How did Franklin's vice-presidential nomination affect Eleanor?
7. Where was Eleanor and what was she doing when the news of Pearl Harbor breaks?
8. What was Eleanor like in large groups as a teenager?
9. Rather than being in public office throughout most of the 1920's, what was Franklin doing instead?
10. In the final chapter, what did Eleanor say her only objective in life was? Do you think she met this objective?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)