|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eleanor and Franklin always have together after she returned from a trip?
(a) A drink.
(b) A dance.
(c) An uninterrupted meal.
(d) A date night out.
2. In Chapter 7, what position was Franklin appointed to?
(a) Education ambassador.
(b) Vice president.
(d) Assistant secretary of the navy.
3. What did Franklin need in order to walk?
(c) Braces and crutches.
(d) Eleanor's arm.
4. Whose house did the Roosevelts move into in 1913?
(a) Aunt Pussie's.
(c) Aunt Bye's.
5. For what publication did Eleanor write a weekly column?
(a) Woman's Day.
(b) Ladies' Home Journal.
(c) Better Homes and Gardens.
(d) Woman's Home Companion.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1916, where did the Roosevelts spend the summer?
2. How did Eleanor feel about being separated from her children?
3. Did Eleanor actively campaign in Franklin's campaign for re-election in 1936?
4. Who was nominated for president in 1928?
5. What was Eleanor's impression of Puerto Rico?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Eleanor became involved in the United Nations.
2. Describe Eleanor's reasoning for separating from the youth organizations she was involved with in 1939 and 1940.
3. How was Eleanor introduced to politics? What was her attitude toward them at first?
4. Describe Eleanor's opinion of Secret Service protection.
5. In what capacity was Eleanor involved in Adlai Stevenson's campaign?
6. How did Eleanor feel about being the only female delegate on the UN General Assembly?
7. How did Eleanor describe how she changed over the course of her life?
8. Describe Eleanor's trip to the Pacific.
9. What was Eleanor's description of when Franklin won the presidential election?
10. What description does Eleanor give about Campobello?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)