|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Eleanor's boarding school?
(a) None of the answers is correct..
(d) Les Ruches.
2. What did Franklin do after losing the vice presidential election?
(a) Formed a law firm.
(b) Decided to run for president.
(c) Started an accounting practice.
(d) Spent more time with his family.
3. What was the name of Eleanor and Franklin's first child?
4. Where did Eleanor and her siblings spend the summers?
(c) Washington, DC.
(d) The Jersey shore.
5. Where did the Franklins spend Sunday evenings?
(a) At Franklin's mother's home.
(b) At political events.
(c) At the theatre.
(d) At home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Eleanor introduce at the beginning of her book?
2. How were Eleanor and Franklin related?
3. In what sort of institution did Eleanor's father spend time in?
4. What position did Eleanor take on WWI?
5. Why was the First Lady able to travel without being recognized?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Franklin's death foreshadowed in Chapter 27?
2. What view did Eleanor have of World War I? How do readers know?
3. Compare Eleanor's work on the Human Rights Committee to her work in the General Assembly. Which did she enjoy more?
4. Recount Eleanor's visit to London during WWII explaining what her aunt remarked on after her visit with the royal family.
5. How did Eleanor's relationship with her mother-in-law change in Chapter 11?
6. How did Franklin eventually earn Stalin's respect and trust?
7. Describe Eleanor's feelings when her daughter, Anna, went to boarding school.
8. Describe Franklin's death and funeral.
9. Describe Eleanor's "coming out" as a debutante..
10. What was Eleanor's life like at Hyde Park after Franklin died?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)